Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
favourite "forgotten" dale players 14:31 - Dec 6 with 6852 viewsTomRAFC

which players have you always had a soft spot for that seem to have been forgotten over time?

even though he was only here for a very short time i think alan mcloughlin was a class act.

alan johnson is a name that seems to have disappeared from alot of people's all time dale XI but remains firmly rooted in mine.

also during his first spell i think alan goodall was the best left back i have ever seen at the club.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 22:01 - Dec 6 with 1381 viewsTomRAFC

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 20:25 - Dec 6 by Harry_Dale

William Mocquet - remember him?

He was sublime for us, think we got him on loan from Middlesborough? He later went to Bury and was pants!

i believe we got mocquet on loan from sunderland

he later played against us while on loan at bury

i recall me and sandyman trying to start a chant for him en francais

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 22:06 - Dec 6 with 1364 viewsolympicdale

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 22:01 - Dec 6 by TomRAFC

i believe we got mocquet on loan from sunderland

he later played against us while on loan at bury

i recall me and sandyman trying to start a chant for him en francais

I remember he got tehhe largest standing ovation from any loan player after coming off, looked a great prospect, then dissapeared, or went to Gigg lane.

Life is a game of fate.

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 22:30 - Dec 6 with 1349 viewsBeefCurtain

Absolutely agree with the OP about Goodall being the best LB ever seen at the club. Sticking to more recent times, I always rated Sam Russell.

Everyone's had beef with beef curtain.

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 22:31 - Dec 6 with 1348 viewsBeefCurtain

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 22:06 - Dec 6 by olympicdale

I remember he got tehhe largest standing ovation from any loan player after coming off, looked a great prospect, then dissapeared, or went to Gigg lane.

Mocquet was rapid....remember he started off what felt like a mini 4-1 home trend

Everyone's had beef with beef curtain.

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 23:01 - Dec 6 with 1336 viewsolympicdale

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 22:31 - Dec 6 by BeefCurtain

Mocquet was rapid....remember he started off what felt like a mini 4-1 home trend

from wiki

William Mocquet (born January 23, 1983 in Valognes) is a French footballer who plays for AS Moulins. Mocquet, who has been capped for the French Under-21 side, is a midfielder.

Mocquet left Le Havre and signed for Sunderland on August 22, 2006, for an undisclosed fee, in a two-year deal. However, he found himself on the sidelines and was loaned to League Two sides Rochdale and Bury. He was released at the end of the 2006-07 season.

Life is a game of fate.

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 23:20 - Dec 6 with 1320 viewswroughtironron

Always liked Mike Poole
favourite "forgotten" dale players on 23:30 - Dec 6 with 1311 viewsShun

The previously-mentioned Will Mocquet, and Rory Prendergast.
favourite "forgotten" dale players on 23:52 - Dec 6 with 1305 viewsHarry_Dale

Being a goalkeeper, two I used to really like:

Martin Hodge (I remember he came out in a weird mask once?)
Ian Gray
Login to get fewer ads

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 07:21 - Dec 7 with 1272 viewsHarry_Dale

Not really forgotten but Shaun Reid was one of my favourites too! I once dropped my bag (I was 6!) over the wall and onto the pitch at Scunthorpe and he ran over and got it for me. Never forgot it!

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 09:16 - Dec 7 with 1246 viewsjajadale

Seen a few mentions of Izzy Diaz on here, I used to love watching him, maybe because he had the 'foreign magic' were weren't used to.

However I stopped liking him after he tried to get that lad sent off by dropping to the floor holding his face when the lad was nowhere near him. Anybody remember this?
favourite "forgotten" dale players on 09:56 - Dec 7 with 1234 viewselectricblue

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 19:41 - Dec 6 by rochdale1987

Phil Hadland, suprised no one has mentioned him yet, loved his pace and trickery, very good winger.

Hadland is one of neighnours fav dale player and yet cant understand why he was shipped out..
The lad had talent as he says..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 09:59 - Dec 7 with 1232 viewselectricblue

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 21:56 - Dec 6 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Dave Redfearn - decent keeper and Vinny Chapman got injured just as he was getting good.

Vinny chapman now he was going places...
Just look at all those decent dale players over the yrs who had serious injuries...
The list is endless..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 10:53 - Dec 7 with 1210 viewsdingdangblue

Paul Connor (still our joint record buy at 150k and will probably remain so!) Brilliant in the 14 games he played after we bought him, scoring 10 goals which nearly got us to the playoffs in 00/01. Injured the following season and never really regained that initial form - althouh he scored the memorable 1st v Coventry in the F.A.Cup upset. A bit further back - John Ryan! Great winger on his day (although they were few and far between) and I always remember 1 wonderful game he had in an away draw at Crewe in 91/92. Every team needs a John Ryan! And he had his own 'Rhino power' t-shirt!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 11:05 - Dec 7 with 1206 viewsVespaDale

Jon 'Animal' Bowden played any position asked of him. Hard as nails, scored goals...
Reidy was always a favourite, along with Monno & Bayliss i got signed framed shirts, all of them real hardmen not found in todays sissy football...
favourite "forgotten" dale players on 11:36 - Dec 7 with 1194 viewssteofthedale

I would concur with Ian McMahon who was developing into a sublime passer of the ball when injury curtailed his playing days.

I also have a soft spot for Dave Frain who was poached when Begara went to Stockport.

steofthedale*

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 12:37 - Dec 7 with 1179 viewsCrede

John Deary
Peter Costello (No Stevie Taylor, but did a job in his day and was sold to Peterboro)
favourite "forgotten" dale players on 13:40 - Dec 7 with 1152 viewsfirgrovedale51

Bobby Downes
George Morton
Bert Lister
Stan Milburn
Big Reg
favourite "forgotten" dale players on 13:57 - Dec 7 with 1142 viewspaulscho

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 13:40 - Dec 7 by firgrovedale51

Bobby Downes
George Morton
Bert Lister
Stan Milburn
Big Reg

Paul Meladew ...or summat like that
Eui Martinez
Neil Mills
John Doolan

livinginadalewonderland

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 14:33 - Dec 7 with 1135 viewsNerazzurri

Andy Gouck.

Forza Nerazzurri

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 16:44 - Dec 7 with 1104 viewsjacko_dale

Stephen Turnbull
favourite "forgotten" dale players on 17:00 - Dec 7 with 1095 viewsinthenet

Eric Snookes the ginger wizard !

Rastrickblue

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 17:42 - Dec 7 with 1082 viewsAtThePeake

Can't be bothered to look through but has anyone mentioned Leo Bertos?

OK, I know he was incredibly inconsistent but when he turned it on he was awesome. I also thought Richard Jobson was great during his spell with us.

Tangled up in blue.

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 18:07 - Dec 7 with 1070 viewsolympicdale

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 17:42 - Dec 7 by AtThePeake

Can't be bothered to look through but has anyone mentioned Leo Bertos?

OK, I know he was incredibly inconsistent but when he turned it on he was awesome. I also thought Richard Jobson was great during his spell with us.

yea he got a mention somewhere, agreed he was an incredibly frustrating player at times, but when he was good, he was very good, I still remember that goal at Huish park.

I know he's not forgotten, but peaky was a smashing lil player, really loved watching him play.

Life is a game of fate.

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 20:02 - Dec 7 with 1054 viewsDaley_Lama

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 14:33 - Dec 7 by Nerazzurri

Andy Gouck.

Col mentioned him earlier and is truely the only name on here so far where I thought "oh yeah, i do remember him but would never have posted it" thus filling the original question criteria.

Poll: DF in or out

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 20:09 - Dec 7 with 1049 viewsleedsdale

favourite "forgotten" dale players on 20:02 - Dec 7 by Daley_Lama

Col mentioned him earlier and is truely the only name on here so far where I thought "oh yeah, i do remember him but would never have posted it" thus filling the original question criteria.

Remember him scoring a pearler at Craven Cottage in a 1-1 draw. We were going through a Newscastle-esque drought in the capital at the time I think
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024