Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board 15:41 - Dec 9 with 9164 viewsTacticalR

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/9701099/Tony

Although it's a couple of weeks old, I don't remember seeing this article posted here (sorry if it was already posted).

It's interesting for a number of reasons:
1) It looks at what different members of the board thought of Hughes.
2) It says the team selection for Manchester United was made by Hughes.
3) It says Redknapp can buy, but would have to sell to buy.
4) It puts the spending in perspective by comparing it to Southampton's.

Air hostess clique

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:37 - Dec 9 with 943 viewsdaveB

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:26 - Dec 9 by paulparker

i just hope this isnt the reincarnation of the Chris Wright era again ie
nice chairman, over paid & overated players, bad managerial choices, poor communcation behind the scenes ( green, the gallen sacking by text, paddy kenny, luke young )
why always us ?? cant we ever do anything simple at Rangers

a lot of that such as the gallen sacking, young, green etc is down to the manager nothing to do with the owner who has employed a bloke to run the football side of things and it didn't work out.

Fernandes is guilty of falling for the big name culture but hughes and the fans did as well, i didn't hear many complaints in the summer about how we were going about things. I think he needs more football people at the club but he has tried to bring in a better approch by investing in new coaches for the accademy, scouts and the training ground.

Perhaps he could have sacked hughes earlier but not sure when, he gave him three winnable games to turn it around but was let down by Hughes and the players.

It's easy to slaughter the bloke but if, and I know it's a big if, we had taken our chances against Reading and Villa then fernandes wouldn't be getting any stick at all
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:37 - Dec 9 with 942 viewsCHUBBS

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:30 - Dec 9 by QPRDave

So were you calling for the signings to halt last jan & in the summer?
I'll say it again if we stay up your argument/criticism is unfounded, and i take it you'll be saying what a terrific chairman he's been for keeping us up?

No i wasn't but i was hoping we'd spend our money on young re-salable assets so we didn't end up in the position we're in.
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:40 - Dec 9 with 939 viewsdaveB

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:37 - Dec 9 by CHUBBS

No i wasn't but i was hoping we'd spend our money on young re-salable assets so we didn't end up in the position we're in.

thats down to the manager though rather than the chairmen
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:46 - Dec 9 with 927 viewsCHUBBS

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:40 - Dec 9 by daveB

No it isn't,do you think Huw Jenkins would allow any of his past managers to go out and spend millions on over the hill players like TF has?
The manager picks the players but the chairman gives the ok financially.So all signings were sanctioned by TF.
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:50 - Dec 9 with 922 viewsklr

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:46 - Dec 9 by CHUBBS

No it isn't,do you think Huw Jenkins would allow any of his past managers to go out and spend millions on over the hill players like TF has?
The manager picks the players but the chairman gives the ok financially.So all signings were sanctioned by TF.

No Culture, No Structure : No Future
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:57 - Dec 9 with 905 viewsSpiritofGregory

Amit should have remained chairman. He did a fabulous job as chairman, he didn't leave QPR so why the change?

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:00 - Dec 9 with 900 viewsQPRDave

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:37 - Dec 9 by CHUBBS

Yeah fair enough, the old QPR way where we bought from lower down has always been good to us or at least we had managers with a good eye for a player, and looking at it now yes would have been a better option than what we ended up with.
But for me personally i enjoyed the fact that we were signing experienced, finished product players, or at least they were supposed to be, but too many have come here for an easy ride, and haven't put in the effort required, i blame them, and the man who wanted them here.
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:07 - Dec 9 with 887 viewsklr

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:00 - Dec 9 by QPRDave

Yeah fair enough, the old QPR way where we bought from lower down has always been good to us or at least we had managers with a good eye for a player, and looking at it now yes would have been a better option than what we ended up with.
But for me personally i enjoyed the fact that we were signing experienced, finished product players, or at least they were supposed to be, but too many have come here for an easy ride, and haven't put in the effort required, i blame them, and the man who wanted them here.

Its not "the old QPR way"

Its the way that most small, successful football clubs have & should operate.

Look at Norwich; three ex Leeds midfielders, Anthony Pilkington from Huddersfield, Grant Holt from Shrewsbury Town.

Yes hindsight is a wonderful thing, but to say TF has been blinded by the lights is a massive understatement, he's run QPR like an episode of Dallas, utterly ridiculous Hollywood FC football nonsense.
Login to get fewer ads

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:07 - Dec 9 with 886 viewsdaveB

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:46 - Dec 9 by CHUBBS

Swansea are a very different club to us though who have built a philosophy over several years. Fernandes backed Hughes to build something at the club that would see him in charge for the next 5-10 years but hughes let him down but buying the wrong sort of players. Perhaps Fernandes should have stepped in and said no to some of the players but he trusted Hughes so when Hughes went to him and said I want these players he said ok and backed him, if Hughes had wanted different lower profile players with team building in mind then I think he'd have said yes to them as well
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:09 - Dec 9 with 878 viewsSpiritofGregory

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:00 - Dec 9 by daveB

well to be fair to Fernandes the signings were down to the managers rather than him, all he has done is back his managers which is what most people wanted

I expect the chairman to question signings.

Should have asked why are we signing Andy Johnson who is always injured? Why haven't we sorted out the defence? Why do we have two goal keepers on massive wages? Why are we spending £9m on a player who no one has heard of? Why do you want me to spend £9m on a defender who is always injured. Why did we lose 5-0 to Swansea on the opening game of the season?
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:11 - Dec 9 with 873 viewsQPRDave

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:09 - Dec 9 by SpiritofGregory

Should have asked why are we signing Andy Johnson who is always injured? Why haven't we sorted out the defence? Why do we have two goal keepers on massive wages? Why are we spending £9m on a player who no one has heard of? Why do you want me to spend £9m on a defender who is always injured. Why did we lose 5-0 to Swansea on the opening game of the season?

Why isa Mahon not playing go downa anda tella the idiot to puta him ona?
That type of chairman?
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:12 - Dec 9 with 873 viewsklr

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:09 - Dec 9 by SpiritofGregory

Exactly.
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:13 - Dec 9 with 872 viewsklr

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:11 - Dec 9 by QPRDave

Why isa Mahon not playing go downa anda tella the idiot to puta him ona?
That type of chairman?

Didnt anyone ever work out what his role actually was ?

Paladini was a "football man" I'll give him that.

One of the worst kind though.
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:19 - Dec 9 with 864 viewsJamie

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:40 - Dec 9 by daveB

You genuinely believe if Hughes had told TF 'there's this lad Hunt at Huddersfield, couple of million but low wages. Just so you know though, Kia says the lad Bosingwa from Chelsea is available for only £80k per week', that TF would've told Hughes to go for Hunt?
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:24 - Dec 9 with 858 viewsQPRDave

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:07 - Dec 9 by klr

Its not "the old QPR way"

Its the way that most small, successful football clubs have & should operate.

Look at Norwich; three ex Leeds midfielders, Anthony Pilkington from Huddersfield, Grant Holt from Shrewsbury Town.

Yes hindsight is a wonderful thing, but to say TF has been blinded by the lights is a massive understatement, he's run QPR like an episode of Dallas, utterly ridiculous Hollywood FC football nonsense.

So you admit its all hindsight then, TF tried to help a manager who WE all thought would bring success here as much help as he could.
Ok what do you want then TF and all his backers out? Amit and Mittall out?
Its all well and good complaining now its started poorly but what do you want Flav?
Hicks & Gillett? The numerous Pompey owners? Venky's?
TF and the board will have learnt alot from this, so why turn on them?
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:24 - Dec 9 with 850 viewsklr

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:19 - Dec 9 by Jamie

You genuinely believe if Hughes had told TF 'there's this lad Hunt at Huddersfield, couple of million but low wages. Just so you know though, Kia says the lad Bosingwa from Chelsea is available for only £80k per week', that TF would've told Hughes to go for Hunt?

Very good point, we have been done up like a kipper.

Another club brought to its knee's by parasitic scum aka "football agents" & their "clients"

But no one held a gun to our head & forced us to sign these players or do business with certain people.

Other clubs have made amazing signings this season, Yacob at West Brom, Michu at Swansea, we have been the architects of our own downfall, no bad luck about it, we didnt do the homework that other clubs our size were doing, only got ourselves to blame for this disaster of a season!
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:32 - Dec 9 with 839 viewsCHUBBS

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:24 - Dec 9 by QPRDave

So you admit its all hindsight then, TF tried to help a manager who WE all thought would bring success here as much help as he could.
Its all well and good complaining now its started poorly but what do you want Flav?

Dave can you refrain from stating WE ALL wanted MH.I never wanted him.
I was quite happy with NW but i decided to support him once TF appointed him.
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:36 - Dec 9 with 832 viewsTHEBUSH

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 16:36 - Dec 9 by CHUBBS

The man shouldn't be anywhere near making future football decisions at QPR FC. He's decimated the foundations of our club trying to satisfy an inner desire to be a success in football.
I bet the clubs he unsuccessfully tried to take control of are now feeling pretty relieved.

Wow, you must hate TF so much, it's pretty unbelievable what your saying about him, don't know where your getting all that stuff from ?
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:38 - Dec 9 with 826 viewsklr

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:24 - Dec 9 by QPRDave

I havent turned on them, but by the same token dont understand why anyone would be loyal to foreign football club owners, they are in English Football to make money & promote their business interests.

Pompey mob, Venky's, Hicks & Gillette, The Abu Dhabi lot, Randy Lerner, Ellis Short, The Russians at Arsenal, Reading, Chelsea, Kroenke at Arsenal, Al Fayed, The Glazers, the foreigners at Southampton, The Mittals, Tony Fernandes & the Malaysians at QPR.

Loyalty to foreign Billionaire football club owners ?!

Now that's misplaced loyalty if ever I've seen it.
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:41 - Dec 9 with 816 viewsCHUBBS

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:36 - Dec 9 by THEBUSH

Wow, you must hate TF so much, it's pretty unbelievable what your saying about him, don't know where your getting all that stuff from ?

No i don't hate him,but i'm extremely frustrated with the direction he has our club meandering toward.Just because someone means well doesn't detract from the fact they're wrong.
Do you think TF has been a failure or a success since taking over?
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:41 - Dec 9 with 816 viewsWeaverQPR

TF can only rightly be judged at the end of his first full season in charge, if the second half is anything like the first he can judged to have made a right fcking mess of it. Theres more to it than just throwing cash at old names.

@WeavQPR

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:42 - Dec 9 with 814 viewsGloryHunter

That Telegraph piece reads like a Kia Joorabchian press release.
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:48 - Dec 9 with 804 viewsTHEBUSH

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:41 - Dec 9 by CHUBBS

No i don't hate him,but i'm extremely frustrated with the direction he has our club meandering toward.Just because someone means well doesn't detract from the fact they're wrong.
Do you think TF has been a failure or a success since taking over?

The team has definitely been a failure, but with Harry now in charge we might have a chance of saving our season.
As far as I know, the youth team has been invested in, we're supposed to have a new training ground soon and maybe a new stadium will be announced.
I think it's too early to start slagging the bloke off, Rome wasn't built in a day.
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:56 - Dec 9 with 796 viewsSpiritofGregory

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:41 - Dec 9 by WeaverQPR

TF can only rightly be judged at the end of his first full season in charge, if the second half is anything like the first he can judged to have made a right fcking mess of it. Theres more to it than just throwing cash at old names.

What's frustrating is that Fernanades has repeated what he did last year - let the manager sign a bunch of mercenaries. Didn't he learn from last season?? Maybe he is not spending his own money?

Getting fed up of hearing that Hughes did lots behind the scenes and was going to be instrumental in the design of the stadium and training ground...that' was not his job, his job was to build a team good enough to progress in the premier League. Too many egos at the club.

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 18:59 - Dec 9 with 790 viewshoopdog

FFS how many people need to take the blame for signing players some say the chair man some say the manager ? If the chairman told a potential manager it's me that signs the players we would never get the top manager you want ,does anybody think H would have come on those terms ? Top managers don't have other people making their signings . Warnock was dealt a duff hand by the odd couple it was panic signings or nothing until the next window I'm sure the whining posters would have had a serious whinge at that
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024