Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
K-Horror 23:16 - Dec 19 with 1787 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Any recomendations?

I recently enjoyed The Guard Post http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guard_Post and currently watching Hansel & Gretel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hansel_and_Gretel_(2007_film)

Other good ones are Old Boy (Thanks for that QPG!) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldboy and the more well known The Ring http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ring_Virus

Anyone able to recomend any others?
K-Horror on 23:42 - Dec 19 with 1755 viewsTacticalR

I am a big fan of Korean movies, but I don't like horror, so I can't offer too much advice here.

I've seen Old Boy and Hansel and Gretel, but not The Guard. Hansel and Gretel I thought was quite an interesting and original movie.

Have you seen The Chaser (2008)? It's a great Korean detective movie with an element of horror.

On the horror side have you seen the Swedish movie Let the Right One In (2008)? I think it's one of the best movies of the last 5 years.

Air hostess clique

K-Horror on 23:45 - Dec 19 with 1753 viewsWanderR

'R-Point' sounds similar to 'The Guard Post' (same director).

There's also 'A Tale of Two Sisters' which got an inferior Hollywood remake and 'Thirst' which is a vampire movie by the director of 'Oldboy' which was fun.

Current location: OX10

K-Horror on 23:52 - Dec 19 with 1748 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

K-Horror on 23:42 - Dec 19 by TacticalR

I am a big fan of Korean movies, but I don't like horror, so I can't offer too much advice here.

I've seen Old Boy and Hansel and Gretel, but not The Guard. Hansel and Gretel I thought was quite an interesting and original movie.

Have you seen The Chaser (2008)? It's a great Korean detective movie with an element of horror.

On the horror side have you seen the Swedish movie Let the Right One In (2008)? I think it's one of the best movies of the last 5 years.

Thanks for that - Ill check The Chaser and Let The Right One In, Ive heard of the second one but not seen it. Im quite keen on foreign films (love the French TAXI films and District 13 is great!), and certainly doesnt have to be horror but I do like a scary flick and seems you have to watch foreign ones for them to be really good and the Koreans do a great job from what ive seen so far.

Theyre now on my list!
K-Horror on 23:53 - Dec 19 with 1747 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

K-Horror on 23:45 - Dec 19 by WanderR

'R-Point' sounds similar to 'The Guard Post' (same director).

There's also 'A Tale of Two Sisters' which got an inferior Hollywood remake and 'Thirst' which is a vampire movie by the director of 'Oldboy' which was fun.

Thanks WanderR - Ill add those to my list too. The Tale of Two Sisters Ive heard of having done some googling looking for things like "top ten Korean films" etc...good to have it recomended though thanks.
K-Horror on 00:04 - Dec 20 with 1741 viewsPeterHucker

Audition is good if you have a strong stomach.
Jian Gui pretty good too.
Film4 show a few good ones late at night. Saw a really great one but I can't remember what it's called and I don't remember much apart from the twist which I can't tell you because then there'd be no point watching the film!
K-Horror on 00:06 - Dec 20 with 1738 viewsE17hoop

Audition is a thing of beauty in its pace. It's very slow and ramps the tension up a bit at a time until you get to last 25 minutes which are astonishing.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

K-Horror on 00:49 - Dec 20 with 1712 viewsNordicR

Brotherhood: Taegukgi is worth watching if you like war movies.
K-Horror on 08:01 - Dec 20 with 1675 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

K-Horror on 00:49 - Dec 20 by NordicR

Brotherhood: Taegukgi is worth watching if you like war movies.

Thank you NordicR - I have a few films to watch now!
Login to get fewer ads

K-Horror on 08:40 - Dec 20 with 1644 viewsjohnhoop

You may already know this Pablo but Oldboy is the second film in the "Vengeance" trilogy,preceded by "Sympathy for Mr Vengeance" and followed by"Lady Vengeance".All good,extremely gut-churning stuff.
Hadn't heard of "Hansel and Gretel" so will look that up and also ask my Korean other half when she gets in from work if she knows of any more for you.
K-Horror on 09:07 - Dec 20 with 1629 viewstoboboly

some of these may have already been mentioned;

R-Point (immense ghost movie)
OldBoy (class)
The Grudge (if you like the Ring)
The Eye (first one)
Host (monster movie)
Guardpost (ok)
Casshern (sci-fi)
The Returner (sci-fi)
Audition (grim scene)
A Tale of Two sisters (great)
Chaw (killer pig movie)
Infection
Dark Water (if you like the Ring)
The Doll Master
EXTE (killer wig)
Battle Royale (best film ever?)

I have a bit of a collection, if you want any more suggestions feel free to pm me.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

K-Horror on 09:31 - Dec 20 with 1616 viewswombat

K-Horror on 09:07 - Dec 20 by toboboly

OldBoy (class)
The Eye (first one)
Host (monster movie)
Guardpost (ok)
Casshern (sci-fi)
The Returner (sci-fi)
Audition (grim scene)
Chaw (killer pig movie)
Infection
The Doll Master
EXTE (killer wig)

I have a bit of a collection, if you want any more suggestions feel free to pm me.

the descent is a decent horror movie low budget and works well for me

Poll: which is your favouite foot

K-Horror on 12:13 - Dec 20 with 1577 viewssimmo

K-Horror on 08:40 - Dec 20 by johnhoop

You may already know this Pablo but Oldboy is the second film in the "Vengeance" trilogy,preceded by "Sympathy for Mr Vengeance" and followed by"Lady Vengeance".All good,extremely gut-churning stuff.
Hadn't heard of "Hansel and Gretel" so will look that up and also ask my Korean other half when she gets in from work if she knows of any more for you.

This

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

K-Horror on 20:17 - Dec 20 with 1526 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

K-Horror on 08:40 - Dec 20 by johnhoop

Cheers John no I didn't know that but just added a few more titles to my hit list book marked this thread!
K-Horror on 20:18 - Dec 20 with 1522 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

K-Horror on 09:07 - Dec 20 by toboboly

OldBoy (class)
The Eye (first one)
Host (monster movie)
Guardpost (ok)
Casshern (sci-fi)
The Returner (sci-fi)
Audition (grim scene)
Chaw (killer pig movie)
Infection
The Doll Master
EXTE (killer wig)

Top man Toboboloy thanks for the list, I'll definitely PM in due course!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
K-Horror on 20:29 - Dec 20 with 1509 viewsBasingstokeR

Audition is SO effed up at the end, it's almost as bad as watching the last few games of Hughes' reign
K-Horror on 20:40 - Dec 20 with 1506 viewsPacal_Votan

Hansel and Gretel was on film 4 last night. Started watching it and fell a kip.

"Try the whine!!!"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024