Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Realistic or kidology? 10:58 - Jan 16 with 2253 viewsTheBlob

How do you feel about this?

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/use-qpr-as-a-stepping-stone-redknapp-t

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Realistic or kidology? on 11:02 - Jan 16 with 2225 viewsrongould

Seems a fair enough tactic to me. If harry can persuade good players to come here, then how he does it is his business. After all he's not a wheeler dealer he's a f*cking football manager
Realistic or kidology? on 11:03 - Jan 16 with 2215 viewsRodneysgongger

it's all about signing on the dotted line.......we don't have a big name in europe...but these boys don't know what it's like being a Rangers player....YET!!!
it's all about getting them through the door mate......

oh dear

Oh Dear

Realistic or kidology? on 11:09 - Jan 16 with 2175 viewsngbqpr

Realistic or kidology? on 11:03 - Jan 16 by Rodneysgongger

it's all about signing on the dotted line.......we don't have a big name in europe...but these boys don't know what it's like being a Rangers player....YET!!!
it's all about getting them through the door mate......

oh dear

In our situation, I didn't see any other way he could get players like this in

Wigan are the only club I'm aware of who've openly admitted to using this tactic before when pitching to players - but let's face it, in this day & age, all ambitious young players want the Champions League, and any other club in one of the top Leagues is seen as a stepping stone to that

Even Arsenal sell their best players to rival English teams....Spurs have done too...Newcastle, 5th last year and gates of 50k, have just sold their best player

For better or worse, that's how it is
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Realistic or kidology? on 11:13 - Jan 16 with 2159 viewsTonto

Its reality

If they improve the club enough we will become the destination rather than the stepping stone.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Realistic or kidology? on 11:17 - Jan 16 with 2139 viewsWinchestR

Seems we've got these two (if we have actually got them - nothing official yet) at a very good price, if what Harry says about Spurs looking to pay £20m for Remy last year and a club making a £28m bid for M'Vila are true.

If they are as good as everybody says and we manage to stay up, and have a good start to next season, I could see these two moving on this time next year for double what we've paid, which is good business in anybody's book.

It also gives them some incentive to play as well as they can, even if they don't give two sh1ts about the club - in order to get themselves a move to one of the "big" clubs, so hopefully they'll at least be a bit more motivated than the has-beens we signed previously.

Having said all that they'll probably both turn out to be useless
Realistic or kidology? on 11:40 - Jan 16 with 2075 viewsPommyhoop

Realistic or kidology? on 11:17 - Jan 16 by WinchestR

Seems we've got these two (if we have actually got them - nothing official yet) at a very good price, if what Harry says about Spurs looking to pay £20m for Remy last year and a club making a £28m bid for M'Vila are true.

If they are as good as everybody says and we manage to stay up, and have a good start to next season, I could see these two moving on this time next year for double what we've paid, which is good business in anybody's book.

It also gives them some incentive to play as well as they can, even if they don't give two sh1ts about the club - in order to get themselves a move to one of the "big" clubs, so hopefully they'll at least be a bit more motivated than the has-beens we signed previously.

Having said all that they'll probably both turn out to be useless

Or they might be as mad as Mbia and fall in love with the place and want to stay.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Realistic or kidology? on 11:41 - Jan 16 with 2067 viewsBromleyHoop

Of course it's realistic. He can hardly sell the club to Remy and M'Vila on the prospect of Champions League football. Let's get 6 months out of two players that want to impress (albeit other clubs) and re assess at the end of the season. It seems like a win win scenario to me.

Lets not forget that most European footballer would say QP who?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Realistic or kidology? on 11:45 - Jan 16 with 2051 viewsdaveB

seems sensible and a good way to sell the club, stay here for 18 months then get your big move, thats how we did things in the 90's
Login to get fewer ads

Realistic or kidology? on 12:16 - Jan 16 with 1981 viewsBasingstokeR

How is this any different to how most players are signed unless making a big step up? Taarabt must've been sold on the club this way too right?
Realistic or kidology? on 12:23 - Jan 16 with 1949 viewsWinchestR

Realistic or kidology? on 12:16 - Jan 16 by BasingstokeR

How is this any different to how most players are signed unless making a big step up? Taarabt must've been sold on the club this way too right?

Nothing revolutionary about it at all, but at least it's a change from the previous approach when buying Park, Ferdinand, Cisse, SWP, Bosingwa, Zamora, Johnson, Dyer, etc

Exactly how we should be looking to work in my view, as long as TF & co are prepared to risk losing some of the original fee paid if we go down - unless they are really bad we at least shouldn't struggle to shift them off the wage bill if the worst happens.
Realistic or kidology? on 12:23 - Jan 16 with 1946 viewsPommyhoop

Realistic or kidology? on 12:16 - Jan 16 by BasingstokeR

Yep .'Come on Adel,give it another 6 months and then you'll have Man U, Arsenal and Barca fighting each other for your signature'.
Luckily for us every 6 months he had another strop or some hack done a story on how troublesome and lazy he was.Sadly the football world are noticing him more now and we'll probably lose him.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Realistic or kidology? on 13:08 - Jan 16 with 1860 viewsDANRANGER

Remy would have spoken to M'Bia so will know what to expect. Also, we have some very well known players now even if they have not performed. Bottom line is the money. Out of the 2 though I hope we get M'vila. If he shows the form that got him talked about as a 25m player then we'll have a hell of a player on our hands. I just hope he has time to show it in the games remaining.
Realistic or kidology? on 13:19 - Jan 16 with 1829 viewsW7Ranger

Realistic or kidology? on 13:08 - Jan 16 by DANRANGER

Remy would have spoken to M'Bia so will know what to expect. Also, we have some very well known players now even if they have not performed. Bottom line is the money. Out of the 2 though I hope we get M'vila. If he shows the form that got him talked about as a 25m player then we'll have a hell of a player on our hands. I just hope he has time to show it in the games remaining.

Why has the value of M'Vila dropped so much in such a short space of time?

Form or "off field" issues?

Realistic or kidology? on 13:36 - Jan 16 with 1787 viewsToast_R

QPR in The Premiership, a stepping stone is what we've always been and always will be.

Same with all but 4 teams in the Premiership I reckon.

Difference is we used to buy low sell high.
Realistic or kidology? on 13:36 - Jan 16 with 1787 viewsRBlock

Realistic or kidology? on 13:19 - Jan 16 by W7Ranger

Why has the value of M'Vila dropped so much in such a short space of time?

Form or "off field" issues?

Pretty sure it's "Off Field". Made a 200 mmile round trip in a taxi to Paris to go clubbing, the night before a France U21 game. Along with an alleged assault and a drink driving thing.
Realistic or kidology? on 13:41 - Jan 16 with 1772 viewsW7Ranger

Realistic or kidology? on 13:36 - Jan 16 by RBlock

Pretty sure it's "Off Field". Made a 200 mmile round trip in a taxi to Paris to go clubbing, the night before a France U21 game. Along with an alleged assault and a drink driving thing.

Should fit in perfectly then!!!
Realistic or kidology? on 13:43 - Jan 16 with 1764 viewsRBlock

Realistic or kidology? on 13:41 - Jan 16 by W7Ranger

Should fit in perfectly then!!!

I know right! A combative CM with an issue with drink and violence, lets just hope he doesn't have twitter!
Realistic or kidology? on 13:51 - Jan 16 with 1750 viewsstansleftfoot

French Football is always just two years off it's last implosion of Gallic lunacy and it's just two years before the next one.
M'vila is sanctioned and banned from playing international football, so until he proves himself of steady character his value is lowered because he is'nt and, cannot be, until 2014 an international.
The big money is elsewhere, he's out of the loop, Desailly said he's got everything to be another Viera, if not better than Viera.
The quality of French football is such that he can go box to box, go long, go short, be a defensive midfield or attacking...they've let him do it all and his game has suffered for it.
It's felt his best position is as a holding midfield and when he has done the role he's looked better than Makalele....it would be a great signing!
Just down to Joe Jordan to introduce a little discipline.......
For these two players M'vila and Remy, QPR is the answer, plenty of money, better tax regime, small and experienced coaching management team, no real competition for places.....it's all good if they don't go all French on us....start talking cheese!
Realistic or kidology? on 13:56 - Jan 16 with 1733 viewsHunterhoop

Exactly the right tactic and selling point. 100% right.

Still think the 'stakes' we're playing this 'game' with are too high but if you're going to play with these stakes, this has to be the line and club strategy.

However, for it to work and actually benefit the club, they can't be over 30 as, no matter how they play, their value will decrease over the 2 odd years they're here.

This is why the Zamora signing was awful.
Realistic or kidology? on 13:59 - Jan 16 with 1726 viewsQPRDave

The only way he could sell the move to them i reckon, but if we stay up harry'll do his best to hang on to them
Realistic or kidology? on 14:07 - Jan 16 with 1717 viewsngbqpr

Remy needs to do for us what Tevez did for WHU.

Without the third party ownership.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Realistic or kidology? on 18:06 - Jan 16 with 1647 viewsLazyFan

It is also a coded way of saying that these guys have a contract clause that states they can talk to a big club if they come in for them or any club when we get relegated.

Which is expected on the relegation front but if by some miracle we stay up, people here may get upset when they leave. But if they do manage to keep us up I won't care. Managing the expectations early.

Note: Yes I did say >>>when<<< we get relegated. As I think the task is insurmountable and while Harry will do a good job, we are too far gone. Hughes signings and bad tactics have already relegated us. I am just hoping we keep Adel, DJ and Mackie so, we can bounce back immediately.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024