Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carvalho & Richard Dunne 13:12 - Jan 18 with 1403 viewsWestbourneR

With Nelson seemingly gone I'd say we should pile back in for Ricardo Carvalho on a free this window.

He is a top top defender and Clint and Nelson show CBs don't need to be young and quick to be effective.

Otherwise Dunne - haven't seen him play in ages, he might be shot, but he is a leader who might be able to fill Nelson's shoes.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Carvalho & Richard Dunne on 13:13 - Jan 18 with 1391 viewsrosseeles

i think dunne has been injured for a while and only just started to come back
Carvalho & Richard Dunne on 13:17 - Jan 18 with 1376 viewsTonto

do we really want to go and splash out on more 3-+ players? thats worked really well so far...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Carvalho & Richard Dunne on 13:38 - Jan 18 with 1302 viewsActonR

I would go for Dunne over Carvalho as I would have reservations about Carvalho. I presume he is likely to have sympathy with our very own Winston Bogarde, Bosingwa, through there association with Portugal and Chelsea and feel that would be extremely counter productive for team morale.

I also think we've got our reserve experienced center back for the window, ben tal haim, and wonder if it is worth gambling on a bit of an unknown commodity who would be willing to stick around if relegated like the Norwegian kid Southampton have recently been linked to,Vegard Forren.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Carvalho & Richard Dunne on 13:39 - Jan 18 with 1294 viewsWestbourneR

Carvalho & Richard Dunne on 13:17 - Jan 18 by Tonto

do we really want to go and splash out on more 3-+ players? thats worked really well so far...

How original a though tonto - verbatim from something Northern would say. Yes yes yes I get the point and I see how much more sophisticated it is to not favour bringing in new players. BORING.

I thought Carvalho was available on a free and with Nelson going a CB is not a luxury but an absolute PRIORITY. Surely everyone agrees with that?

So... who is it going to be?

Carvalho & Richard Dunne on 13:45 - Jan 18 with 1271 viewsWestbourneR

Carvalho & Richard Dunne on 13:38 - Jan 18 by ActonR

I would go for Dunne over Carvalho as I would have reservations about Carvalho. I presume he is likely to have sympathy with our very own Winston Bogarde, Bosingwa, through there association with Portugal and Chelsea and feel that would be extremely counter productive for team morale.

I also think we've got our reserve experienced center back for the window, ben tal haim, and wonder if it is worth gambling on a bit of an unknown commodity who would be willing to stick around if relegated like the Norwegian kid Southampton have recently been linked to,Vegard Forren.

Yeah Acton I'd like to see us in for Vegard Forren too (not that I've ever seen him play but one the Scandie posters said he was good ageas ago).

Kind of signing reminds of the wonders Hangeland did when Hodgson bought him in for their 'great escape' season.

Personally though I'd go for Carvalho. Awesome defender.

Carvalho & Richard Dunne on 13:56 - Jan 18 with 1234 viewsTHEBUSH

Carvalho & Richard Dunne on 13:45 - Jan 18 by WestbourneR

Yeah Acton I'd like to see us in for Vegard Forren too (not that I've ever seen him play but one the Scandie posters said he was good ageas ago).

Kind of signing reminds of the wonders Hangeland did when Hodgson bought him in for their 'great escape' season.

Personally though I'd go for Carvalho. Awesome defender.

At the moment Carvalho playing regularly for Madrid, as Pepe injured and Ramos suspended for 5 matches, so can't see him coming in the transfer window !!
Carvalho & Richard Dunne on 14:22 - Jan 18 with 1188 viewsWestbourneR

Carvalho & Richard Dunne on 13:56 - Jan 18 by THEBUSH

At the moment Carvalho playing regularly for Madrid, as Pepe injured and Ramos suspended for 5 matches, so can't see him coming in the transfer window !!

Oh. Yeah that kills it...

Carvalho & Richard Dunne on 14:25 - Jan 18 with 1183 viewsTonto

Carvalho & Richard Dunne on 13:39 - Jan 18 by WestbourneR

How original a though tonto - verbatim from something Northern would say. Yes yes yes I get the point and I see how much more sophisticated it is to not favour bringing in new players. BORING.

I thought Carvalho was available on a free and with Nelson going a CB is not a luxury but an absolute PRIORITY. Surely everyone agrees with that?

So... who is it going to be?

I would argure that Northern copies me...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Login to get fewer ads

Carvalho & Richard Dunne on 14:33 - Jan 18 with 1166 viewsHunterhoop

It's no one copying anyone Westbourne. It's logic.

Sign ageing, 30+ yr old players, on the wane, who've played at bigger clubs and give them a big salary. It hasn't worked to date.

The definition of insanity??? You heard that one before.

I'd rather sign absolutely no one for the rest of the season than sign either of the players you mention. Completely the wrong signings.
Carvalho & Richard Dunne on 16:26 - Jan 18 with 1059 viewsTW_R

Carvalho & Richard Dunne on 14:33 - Jan 18 by Hunterhoop

It's no one copying anyone Westbourne. It's logic.

Sign ageing, 30+ yr old players, on the wane, who've played at bigger clubs and give them a big salary. It hasn't worked to date.

The definition of insanity??? You heard that one before.

I'd rather sign absolutely no one for the rest of the season than sign either of the players you mention. Completely the wrong signings.

I've been working on and off in Madrid for the last few months and took in a cup game at the Bernabeu. Carvalho happened to be playing and he looked in pretty good shape. Won pretty much everything in the air and very comfortable on the ball. Like Nelson I think he could definitely do a job for us.

Would still prefer to get someone younger in though.
Carvalho & Richard Dunne on 16:32 - Jan 18 with 1040 viewsnedflanders

Carvalho & Richard Dunne on 13:17 - Jan 18 by Tonto

I'm all for youth policy but i think any player we sign should be over 3 yrs old
Carvalho & Richard Dunne on 16:39 - Jan 18 with 1021 viewsMetallica_Hoop

My mate is a pre-takeover City fan and he said that Dunne was nowhere near the player he was when he left City.

that's just his opinion though.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Carvalho & Richard Dunne on 16:56 - Jan 18 with 993 viewsQPRDave

Dunne??!! That's what i call wasting money, rather get Olsson
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024