Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Samba 100k a week 23:16 - Jan 30 with 1660 viewsdaveB

also a bit about 3 spurs players coming in

from the mirror

Ton of money: Chris Samba to be on £100k a week at Queens Park Rangers

30 Jan 2013 22:32
Drop-bound Hoops will also pay £12.5m for Anzhi defender - and spending won't end there as Redknapp targets Crouch and THREE Spurs players

Rover's return: Ex-Blackburn star Samba's set to join QPR from Anzhi
John Powell
Chris Samba is set for a staggering £100,000-a-week deal at Queens Park Rangers.

QPR chairman Tony Fernandes is rushing to agree personal terms in a deadline-beating £12.5million transfer.

But he will then have to break the bank with a six-figure salary to land centre-half Samba from Anzhi Makhachkala.

Rangers, still the Premier League's bottom club, have triggered former Blackburn star Samba's release clause but must still match his massive wages at the Russian club.

It means that Samba would become QPR's biggest signing and biggest earner, replacing French striker Loic Remy, who signed for £7m and £70,000-a-week basic from Marseille earlier this month.

Samba had no sooner left to join Harry Redknapp's strugglers than he was blasted by Anzhi manager Guus Hiddink.

The deal to buy Samba was sealed by Fernandes, who conducted negotiations on Tuesday night, and the west Londoners hope to see Samba make his debut in Saturday's game against Norwich.

Angry Hiddink hit out at Samba and said on Wednesday: "He left for England yesterday.

"I hope that today or tomorrow we'll find out what has really happened.

"It's a shame to talk about this, but he didn't even say goodbye - he didn't explain anything to us.

"Whatever happens to you, you should take into account the people with whom you work."

Hiddink hinted he felt Samba may have been tapped up.

He added: "It's not a great situation for us. He started the pre-season camps with us but then suddenly, in the last few days, he started to make contact with England - that's despite still being on contract with Anzhi."

"He didn't even say goodbye!" Hiddink is fuming over Samba's departure
Clive Brunskill

Redknapp revealed after Tuesday's home draw with Manchester City that Fernandes had offered to make the Samba deal work if he wanted the former Blackburn star.

Redknapp said: "The chairman asked me a week ago whether I'd be interested if he could get me Samba. I've left it wholly in his hands."

The Hoops boss is desperate for a new defender with Anton Ferdinand off to Bursaspor on loan and Ryan Nelsen - Samba's former Blackburn team-mate - now off to manage Toronto FC in Major League Soccer.

Remy is believed to have assurances he will be sold for a fixed price if they go down, and Samba is likely to also push for the same clause in a three-and-a-half-year deal.

Redknapp, who tried to buy Samba while in charge at Tottenham, believes the powerful centre-half is vital to the Rs' chances of survival.

And the spending is unlikely to stop there, as QPR have tabled a £4m bid for Peter Crouch.

The deal depends on Stoke being able to find a replacement for the England striker, and boss Tony Pulis has his eye on Aston Villa outcast Darren Bent.

QPR are also trying to bring in Tottenham's England Under-21 winger Andros Townsend and England midfielder Jermaine Jenas on loan - and wants David Bentley on a free to make it a treble.

Anzhi, meanwhile, are trying to buy Chelsea outcast Florent Malouda for £5m.
Samba 100k a week on 23:20 - Jan 30 with 1630 viewsSuffolk

"QPR are also trying to bring in Tottenham's England Under-21 winger Andros Townsend and England midfielder Jermaine Jenas on loan - and wants David Bentley on a free to make it a treble."

I thought we could only take one more player on loan? Or is it a case of one or the other?
Samba 100k a week on 23:23 - Jan 30 with 1601 viewsJuzzie

A QPR player on £100k a week? Madness. If the owners are happy to pay it out of their own pocket and not saddle it onto the club that clearly cannot afford these salaries in it's own right, then fine by me.

Samba 100k a week on 23:27 - Jan 30 with 1574 viewsSuffolk

Samba 100k a week on 23:23 - Jan 30 by Juzzie

A QPR player on £100k a week? Madness. If the owners are happy to pay it out of their own pocket and not saddle it onto the club that clearly cannot afford these salaries in it's own right, then fine by me.

The Telegraph are reporting that he has taken a pay cut and is getting £70k a week. I dare say add ons will have made it worth his while.
Samba 100k a week on 23:36 - Jan 30 with 1514 viewsqprmick

Samba 100k a week on 23:27 - Jan 30 by Suffolk

The Telegraph are reporting that he has taken a pay cut and is getting £70k a week. I dare say add ons will have made it worth his while.

4,000,000, for Crouch earlier it was reported they want close to the 10,000,000 Stoke paid for him.

Qprmick

Samba 100k a week on 23:38 - Jan 30 with 1500 viewsRANGERS4EVER

*shudder* this is not going to end well. We are f*cked

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Samba 100k a week on 23:43 - Jan 30 with 1469 viewsSuffolk

Samba 100k a week on 23:38 - Jan 30 by RANGERS4EVER

We can't do anything about it so just sit back and enjoy the ride.
Samba 100k a week on 23:48 - Jan 30 with 1438 viewsactonman

Samba 100k a week on 23:38 - Jan 30 by RANGERS4EVER

A lot of people keep saying you can't give more than 100% (100% being the maximum you can give)

Well we're fcuked anyway so the more we spend surely we can only be fcuked ie we can't get anymore fcuked ?
Samba 100k a week on 07:11 - Jan 31 with 1231 viewsLoft1979

Samba 100k a week on 23:27 - Jan 30 by Suffolk

If he gets that its no more than Bosingwa. PLUS Samba is motivated, his family live in London, AND he requested a transfer to QPR LAST yr. I am sure he takes it ....with a 'stay up' bonus.
Login to get fewer ads

Samba 100k a week on 07:54 - Jan 31 with 1138 viewsStanisgod

I might start a " Guess the p.c. rise in season ticket prices next year if we stay up " thread

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Samba 100k a week on 08:05 - Jan 31 with 1103 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Bentley deal is rubbish. Redknapp described him as the worst professional he's ever worked with.

Bare bones.

Samba 100k a week on 08:37 - Jan 31 with 1054 viewsKonk

"Hiddink hinted he felt Samba may have been tapped up."

Bang out of order of Hiddink to say this - Redknapp would never tap-up or publically talk-up a transfer target...

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Samba 100k a week on 08:45 - Jan 31 with 1034 viewsSpiritofGregory

Samba 100k a week on 08:37 - Jan 31 by Konk

"Hiddink hinted he felt Samba may have been tapped up."

Bang out of order of Hiddink to say this - Redknapp would never tap-up or publically talk-up a transfer target...

It happens all the time. He isn't the first and won't be the last.
Samba 100k a week on 08:47 - Jan 31 with 1025 viewsSpiritofGregory

I'm sure that everyone on this board will be delighted if we sign Samba, he is just what we need.
Samba 100k a week on 08:57 - Jan 31 with 989 viewsKonk

Samba 100k a week on 08:45 - Jan 31 by SpiritofGregory

It happens all the time. He isn't the first and won't be the last.

I'm sure it does - I know it does - but I can't think of any other manager as happy to go on record professing how much he'd love to have an under-contract player from another club in his side...whilst his club are trying to sign said player.

Samba 100k a week on 09:10 - Jan 31 with 936 viewsJAPRANGERS

100 grand a week, christ almighty. On 18000 max gates?? Jeez the mother of all gambles and then some. If we stay up great, if we go down as seems highly likely.....
We'll be in division 2 before you know it. Hope to fck this works out. YOU RRRSSSS!!!
Samba 100k a week on 09:16 - Jan 31 with 915 viewsRangersw12

Samba 100k a week on 08:57 - Jan 31 by Konk

I'm sure it does - I know it does - but I can't think of any other manager as happy to go on record professing how much he'd love to have an under-contract player from another club in his side...whilst his club are trying to sign said player.

We get it Konk you don't like Redknapp but do you have to keep saying the same things over and over again

Samba 100k a week on 09:19 - Jan 31 with 907 viewsWinchestR

£100k a week sounds like rubbish to me. I'm sure Samba's agent was quoted somewhere yesterday saying that QPR wouldn't be able to match what Anzhdglk Majdkocudnlffibejdndkxc are paying, but that he wanted to come back to the UK to be closer to his family. Mind you, that was probably rubbish too.
Samba 100k a week on 09:26 - Jan 31 with 879 viewsKonk

Samba 100k a week on 09:16 - Jan 31 by Rangersw12

We get it Konk you don't like Redknapp but do you have to keep saying the same things over and over again

ha-ha. Fair enough. I think he's a good manager and I can't say it keeps me awake at night, it's just funny watching him do the same thing at every club with the "Course I'd love to have him in my team on a three year deal, £x pw, £x signing-on fee and the best spot in the car park, but I don't think his club want to sell, so there's nothing we can do".

Samba 100k a week on 09:32 - Jan 31 with 844 viewsbosh67

I was working out that on a home gate of 17,500 we take in about £700,000 on match day. I can't see how our wage bill is sustainable?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Samba 100k a week on 09:34 - Jan 31 with 827 viewsexiled_dictator

Samba 100k a week on 09:10 - Jan 31 by JAPRANGERS

100 grand a week, christ almighty. On 18000 max gates?? Jeez the mother of all gambles and then some. If we stay up great, if we go down as seems highly likely.....
We'll be in division 2 before you know it. Hope to fck this works out. YOU RRRSSSS!!!

Come on, haven't you heard yet?
We are officially opening our new 60,000 seater stadium next week, and have asked The FA if we can start playing our home games there from now on.
I take it you missed out on the 40,000 season tickets that sold out 4 minutes before the box office opened?
We will be fine.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRF2wnXnOXKbnHVpURAD6T2gmK7Tmji4FNvTnzr6

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Samba 100k a week on 09:36 - Jan 31 with 815 viewsRangersw12

Samba 100k a week on 09:32 - Jan 31 by bosh67

I was working out that on a home gate of 17,500 we take in about £700,000 on match day. I can't see how our wage bill is sustainable?

Majority of clubs in England are the same and like everyone else we are relying on the TV money to cover the costs

Samba 100k a week on 09:36 - Jan 31 with 815 viewsPinnerPaul

Samba - Here's a thought - wouldn't it have been cheaper, beter for the team and our long term finances to pay Ryan a £2M "loyalty bonus" to stay until the end of the season, up HIS wages to £90K a week and pay Toronto FC a sweetner on top?!

We would still have had £s left over to buy another, lesser CB as cover for Nelsen & Hill.
Samba 100k a week on 09:51 - Jan 31 with 782 viewsKevinPR

A Tweet by @tonyfernandes

Wouldn't read everything in the press Joey. You of all people should now. I am fat though. Trying to change that. RT @JoeyBartonFr: Transfer Dealine Day. Its like Christmans, except the only fat man giving out gifts is @tonyfernandes #SambaOn£100kAWeek???
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024