Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brian Mcdermott 17:14 - Mar 11 with 7177 viewsWeaverQPR

sacked is the rumour.

@WeavQPR

Brian Mcdermott on 19:08 - Mar 11 with 1443 viewsShackletonR

Gone back to playing George Doors, better gig.

"Stan work hard, could score goals in the air, and was complete team player. He headed balls off the line, and he had so much skill, balance, finesse and amazing touch. His mobility, that electrifying burst of 30 yards was exciting to watch"...Don Shanks.

Brian Mcdermott on 19:18 - Mar 11 with 1413 viewspaulparker

hate the classless prat, never forgot his dirty tatics against us the night Hogan was sent off, a kunt of the highest order

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Brian Mcdermott on 19:40 - Mar 11 with 1365 viewsderbyhoop

IMO, I think the disruption it's likely to cause should help us. Unless they have somebody already lined up, it could take 2 or 3 weeks to get a new manager in place. There is no transfer window and a horrendous run in to come. The only thing the new manager would get is the certainty that he'll still be in place come August.
Irrespetive of what you think of him or the club, Considering what McDermott achieved in getting them promoted (as Champions!!!), winning Manager of the Month in February and making a poor side almost competitive, it's an awful way to treat the man. What do they hope for?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Brian Mcdermott on 20:28 - Mar 11 with 1282 viewsTGRRRSSS

Zingarevich never really wanted McDermott but for a long time has clearly been trying to play nicely and learn from Madjeski, he however unlike JM wants to spend spend spend (UNlike another club from similar kit) he wants gamerous players and will want a fancy dan manager who he thinks will atrract big names.
I heared Madjeski on Radio a couple of weeks ago who despite trying to hide it made it reptty clear to me that he (AZ) is very keen on being heavily involved with the running of the team he called him a "football nut" and "very knowledable" about the game in a way JM claimed he (JM) wasnt.
Not sure who's coming next but Adkins won't fit the glamour bill for my money and if he has money you can expect spending probably going up at Reading from this summer as JM starts to step away from things.
Personally I think this will benefit us as BM has been involved at that club for a number of years and I am sure many of the players their are BMs men and won't figure in AZ's long term plans, coupled with JM relinquishing further you could expect a bit of a vacum of power there going forward.
Excellent
Brian Mcdermott on 20:34 - Mar 11 with 1253 viewssmegma

Brian Mcdermott on 20:28 - Mar 11 by TGRRRSSS

Zingarevich never really wanted McDermott but for a long time has clearly been trying to play nicely and learn from Madjeski, he however unlike JM wants to spend spend spend (UNlike another club from similar kit) he wants gamerous players and will want a fancy dan manager who he thinks will atrract big names.
I heared Madjeski on Radio a couple of weeks ago who despite trying to hide it made it reptty clear to me that he (AZ) is very keen on being heavily involved with the running of the team he called him a "football nut" and "very knowledable" about the game in a way JM claimed he (JM) wasnt.
Not sure who's coming next but Adkins won't fit the glamour bill for my money and if he has money you can expect spending probably going up at Reading from this summer as JM starts to step away from things.
Personally I think this will benefit us as BM has been involved at that club for a number of years and I am sure many of the players their are BMs men and won't figure in AZ's long term plans, coupled with JM relinquishing further you could expect a bit of a vacum of power there going forward.
Excellent

He sounds lke the nutter who bought Hearts a few years back.
Brian Mcdermott on 20:45 - Mar 11 with 1233 viewsjonno

Brian Mcdermott on 20:28 - Mar 11 by TGRRRSSS

Excellent

Not sure the owner there wants to spend any money - if he did you would have thought that would already have happened as the fakes have been struggling all season and they have clearly needed investment in the team if they wanted to guarantee being on the even more lucrative gravy train next season. The fact that hasn't happened would indicate that they don't want to spend all that much surely.
Brian Mcdermott on 20:47 - Mar 11 with 1219 viewsjamois

I actually think that it was a smart decision. If their chairman is any kind of realist he'll be thinking they're doomed. So why not get someone in now to assess the playing resources so that they're in a more knowledgeable position come the off-season and they can hit the ground running in the Championship? At the same time, he has the wild card effect of perhaps picking up a manager like di Canio who just might find some kind of spark that actually keeps them up. However you look at it, with BM, as well as he's done to date, they are going down. And I love that. Fecking Fakes.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Brian Mcdermott on 20:52 - Mar 11 with 1214 viewsTGRRRSSS

Well depends what money he's really got but like I say the influence at first of JM has been there for all to see clearly however I think he's meant to be leaving at the end of next season so we can presume his power/influence from here on in will be waning, and who knows he maybe leaving sooner than thought - maybe this summer?

Put it this way I don't believe he'd have sacked McDermott when he has and much of whats happened until today has mostly hinted at influence of Madjeski - ir a cautious approach with a view to the going forward position which AZ has partly hinted at.
But then he also had early on got a list of players he had suggested to BM they sign over the summer if they went up.
Time will tell but my view is he wants to spend more and move the club into a different image from that ran by JM for many years of slowly building and developing and trying to put firm leadership in place with many people at the club for years like Nigel Howe and Nick Hammond, his most rash sacking or quick one was probably Rodgers 3 years back.
We will see but I foresee more troubled waters ahead with AZ.
Login to get fewer ads

Brian Mcdermott on 21:36 - Mar 11 with 1144 viewshoopsa

Brian Mcdermott on 17:55 - Mar 11 by GetMeRangers

having been at Uni in Reading and went ot several third tier and cup meetings between these two..... made Scum Rangers violence look like a tea party. At one cup game, Oxford dismantled the away terrace and deposited most of it on the home terrace to the left... Bonkers games

circa 1983 / 1984 ?
Brian Mcdermott on 22:05 - Mar 11 with 1100 viewsbosh67

Odd decision. Reading had numerous chances to draw against Villa. Thought he did well mainly with the players from last season and almost no budget. Did a decent job given what he had but that's football. * It could take a new manager 4-5 games to get what he wants from the team so it could finish them.

* If they appoint Hughes simply insert 24-25 games to the last sentence.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Brian Mcdermott on 22:13 - Mar 11 with 1084 viewsN12Hoop

Brian Mcdermott on 22:05 - Mar 11 by bosh67

Odd decision. Reading had numerous chances to draw against Villa. Thought he did well mainly with the players from last season and almost no budget. Did a decent job given what he had but that's football. * It could take a new manager 4-5 games to get what he wants from the team so it could finish them.

* If they appoint Hughes simply insert 24-25 games to the last sentence.

After what Hughes did (or, more accurately, failed to do) at Rangers he has no hope of getting a job in the Prem League. Hopefully they haven't got anyone lined up and by the time they do it will be too late, although Di Canio being seen at the ground can't be a coincidence.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Brian Mcdermott on 22:40 - Mar 11 with 1041 viewsGetMeRangers

Brian Mcdermott on 21:36 - Mar 11 by hoopsa

circa 1983 / 1984 ?

yep... was at reading 83-7. mainly went to see the R's but went to Elm Park periodically. 83/4 promoted from Div 4 and again in 85/6 to Div 2, when they set some kind of record for consecutive wins at the start of the season. Was quite a laugh with a bunch of Uni mates, to go to the old Elm Park... what a dump! Also shouwed what a glaring difference there was to watching El Tels side and teams from the lowest two divs.

Also was the time when Maxwell tried to merge Oxford United with Reading... which added to the rivalry!
Brian Mcdermott on 07:27 - Mar 12 with 946 viewsWeaverQPR

Seems di matteo has been offered the job.

@WeavQPR

Brian Mcdermott on 08:21 - Mar 12 with 919 viewshoopstilidie

Sacked by text.

Always classy that.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Brian Mcdermott on 08:43 - Mar 12 with 901 viewsJonDoeman

Brian Mcdermott on 08:21 - Mar 12 by hoopstilidie

Sacked by text.

Always classy that.

Really? deserves a relegation class like that!

It Is What It Is !!

Brian Mcdermott on 09:17 - Mar 12 with 872 viewsQPRDave

Reading will announce their new manager possibly at 6pm tonight, they've asked for some help

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Brian Mcdermott on 09:20 - Mar 12 with 865 viewsTGRRRSSS

Brian Mcdermott on 08:21 - Mar 12 by hoopstilidie

Sacked by text.

Always classy that.

Where did this come from?
Brian Mcdermott on 09:21 - Mar 12 with 857 viewsWeaverQPR

Brian Mcdermott on 09:20 - Mar 12 by TGRRRSSS

Where did this come from?

a Nokia so i heard

@WeavQPR

Brian Mcdermott on 10:01 - Mar 12 with 820 viewsAlbRanger

Just browsing the HobNob thread on this and thought this was a good post from a Swindon(?) fan:

Hello my Reading Chums looks like Paolo is going to get the gig enjoy the ride. Here are a few things you should know to help you get on with your new boss.

1. Training for your players will be hard and I mean hard. Think SAS selection process.

2. If you have any big time charlie type players they are finished. Its Paolos way of your out (Or fascism as its otherwise known).

3. Paolo is basically an exact clone of the London Gangster Frankie Frazer 40 years ago.

4. Paulo has a team of about 6 people who will have varies jobs and titles their only use or importance is to manage Paolo. The most important of these people is Phil Spencer. Without Phil spencer there is no Paolo. Phil spencer will be the most important person at your club. You may not believe this now but you will find out why soon enough.

5. Paolo will think he is bigger than your club.

6. When Paolo is quiet be afraid be very afraid. If Paolo has a rant/meltdown which is about probably around 1 in every 3 games this is good it is very good it means next game you will always get a result.

7. Paolo is more passionate than your most passionate fan(might not be for very long though).

8.Paulo does tend to say f*ck quite a lot in interviews. Generally our local radio reporters tended to let it go but this could cause problems on match of the day etc.

9. Paulo will spend and spend big. Dont be surprised if he signs someone for 10 million on a monday then by wedensday says "Well he isnt as good as i thought he was" and then blames it on the player. Paolo would also spend 10 million on a player and deliberately keep him on the bench for 5 weeks to show him who is boss.

10. The Fascism thing really wont be an issue. Lets be honest If you get a draw at Old Trafford or the emirites you will all be following the fascist. I mean that as a fickle football fan and in the nicest possible way.

Welcome to management by hand grenade.

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=118016&start=20
Brian Mcdermott on 10:11 - Mar 12 with 813 viewsLoft1979

Brian Mcdermott on 17:45 - Mar 11 by Juzzie

Actually, it seems Adkins is on gardening leave and still tied to Southampton, probably in a similar way that we're still paying Hughes.

If Adkins wanted to take the Reading job he'd lose what ever monies he's being paid by Southampton and Reading would have to offer more than that to get him.

please take hughes....
Brian Mcdermott on 10:13 - Mar 12 with 811 viewshoof_hearted

I fear PDC will bring a buzz that may help them against the likes of us. He is a massive personality and that short term lift is all that anyone can bring at this stage of the season.
Brian Mcdermott on 10:35 - Mar 12 with 790 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Brian Mcdermott on 09:21 - Mar 12 by WeaverQPR

a Nokia so i heard

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Brian Mcdermott on 11:03 - Mar 12 with 767 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Working in Ireland this week and switched on the radio news to hear "Brian McDermott has been sacked. I wonder if he'll be the next Ireland manager..."

Christ, we're a joke. McDermott's not Irish, not very good, and has a managerial career of 169 games. Yes, let's ring him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Brian Mcdermott on 11:43 - Mar 12 with 738 viewskropotkin41

Brian Mcdermott on 11:03 - Mar 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Working in Ireland this week and switched on the radio news to hear "Brian McDermott has been sacked. I wonder if he'll be the next Ireland manager..."

Christ, we're a joke. McDermott's not Irish, not very good, and has a managerial career of 169 games. Yes, let's ring him.

I seem to recall that that chap Charlton wasn't Irish either.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Brian Mcdermott on 11:54 - Mar 12 with 724 viewsTheBlob

Tony Cascarino's mum once owned a Val Doonican LP.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024