Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rafferty 18:38 - Apr 13 with 5570 viewsD_Alien

This lad has got a career in professional football ahead of him.

He looked absolutely knackered from about 70 minutes onwards (a pre-season with Hilly would do him the world of good) but he still found the strength and ability to take on their defence and win a free kick on the byline which helped turn the tide in our favour in the last remaining minutes. More importantly, the defensive side of his game is coming on leaps and bounds. I though he was the better of our two fullbacks today, and Rose had a decent game.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rafferty on 18:41 - Apr 13 with 4595 viewsmacro

He did well against difficult opponents the odd mistake but on the retain list. Mention for Logan whose hard work and perseverance helped set up the equaliser
Rafferty on 18:42 - Apr 13 with 4571 viewsMoonyDale

Couldn't agree more D.A. how good did it feel today to be a dale fan? I am still smiling now and there's a sore throat as well..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Rafferty on 18:45 - Apr 13 with 4544 viewshxdale

Rafferty on 18:42 - Apr 13 by MoonyDale

Couldn't agree more D.A. how good did it feel today to be a dale fan? I am still smiling now and there's a sore throat as well..

Very proud to be a Dale fan, looking forward to next season, can't wait... Lots of positives again...
Rafferty on 19:16 - Apr 13 with 4435 viewsSpotty

I'm a real fan of this lad, I like the physical side to his game, really got stuck in today when he was being hassled, we weren't going to lie down and let them walk all over us. Speaking of Rose, when was the last time we had such a good delivery from a full back, that left foot is deadly, would love the back 4 signed up for next year, it looks like there is real understanding, and that is crucial.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Rafferty on 19:59 - Apr 13 with 4304 viewsD_Alien

The thing is, without Rhys Bennett's injury he might never have got his chance - and even then, Rose was picked on his "wrong" side ahead of him to begin with.

He could so easily have just been released and possibly faded away into non-league. Just goes to show how much luck plays a part in football careers.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rafferty on 20:16 - Apr 13 with 4248 viewsClivert

Raffa summed today's performance up, never giving in! It's amazing how some of these footballers have turned their careers around over the last few weeks.
Rafferty on 20:29 - Apr 13 with 4214 viewsSwissdale

It was always clear that he had the potential to be a decent player. Good management has improved him immensely.

Under Coleman (an aggressive bully), he made needless and nasty challenges, as well as getting caught up with the "extreme gamesmanship", like at Bradford away.

With Hill in place, he seems a lot calmer, and has the confidence to get forward. The influence of BBM on that flank "warming up" and giving advice for the first 45 mins helped him too.
Rafferty on 20:47 - Apr 13 with 4178 viewsdalenumber2

Didn't really rate him under Coleman, thought he was one of the petulant types. However under Hill he has been a different player - one with much potential. One to keep for next season perhaps? On the other hand, Grimes still has much to do to endear himself - and I would not be sorry to see him go in the Summer.
Login to get fewer ads

Rafferty on 20:51 - Apr 13 with 4167 viewsColDale

I think Raffa has shown more team responsibility in recent performances. It's amazing the fine margins in football. At Easter, he was on his way out, with Hilly even preferring to play Rose at right back. McIntyre has a bad minute at Exeter, gets subbed and Raffa get his chance again and has been very worthy of his place since.

I remember another right back getting a fortunate second chance under Hilly.
Rafferty on 21:02 - Apr 13 with 4143 viewsShun

He was absolutely fantastico today, a contendor for MOM. He probably had his best game for the club today. Whilst having to do a professional job defensively he still got forwards a lot and worried their defence.
Rafferty on 21:04 - Apr 13 with 4131 viewsAtThePeake

I agree with the points made above.

Myrie-Williams is a tricky customer and has played a big part in Vale's promotion push, but Rafa did well to deal with him and he's not afraid to go in where it hurts, as well as being calm and comfortable on the ball and going forward. I'm a big fan and I hope he's in the starting XI for the opening games of next season.

Tangled up in blue.

Rafferty on 21:26 - Apr 13 with 4081 viewsSpotty

Going off topic, its good to see that we havent looked weaker without Tutte or Bennett. There was slight fear we'd look weaker without them, but credit where it's due, the likes of Cavanagh an Rafferty have stepped up to the plate superbly of late.
Rafferty on 21:28 - Apr 13 with 4071 viewsColDale

Rafferty on 21:26 - Apr 13 by Spotty

Going off topic, its good to see that we havent looked weaker without Tutte or Bennett. There was slight fear we'd look weaker without them, but credit where it's due, the likes of Cavanagh an Rafferty have stepped up to the plate superbly of late.

We would certainly be weaker if we had to change things to accommodate Tutte, and he wouldn't get in ahead of either Cav or JK.
Rafferty on 21:31 - Apr 13 with 4056 viewsSalwaDale

Rafferty on 21:28 - Apr 13 by ColDale

We would certainly be weaker if we had to change things to accommodate Tutte, and he wouldn't get in ahead of either Cav or JK.

I wonder if we'll ever see Tutte in a Dale shirt again.

TBBT

Rafferty on 21:47 - Apr 13 with 4025 viewsSpotty

Rafferty on 21:31 - Apr 13 by SalwaDale

I wonder if we'll ever see Tutte in a Dale shirt again.

I cant see it, an it wont be a huge loss in my eyes. He seemed to run out of steam after a great few months at the start of the season, he's always flattered to decieve imo, people who were saying we were weaker when Coleman tried to accomodate Cav dispite his level of performance, it would be similar now regarding Tutte. He was clearly playing through the pain weeks before his op, but for what he brings I think there are much better options, on considerably lower wages.
Rafferty on 21:55 - Apr 13 with 4000 viewsisitme

Rafferty on 21:47 - Apr 13 by Spotty

I cant see it, an it wont be a huge loss in my eyes. He seemed to run out of steam after a great few months at the start of the season, he's always flattered to decieve imo, people who were saying we were weaker when Coleman tried to accomodate Cav dispite his level of performance, it would be similar now regarding Tutte. He was clearly playing through the pain weeks before his op, but for what he brings I think there are much better options, on considerably lower wages.

If we could sign a player like their number 4 instead of Tutte I would be very happy. A strong physical presence with pace would offer something different to Cav and JK.
Rafferty on 21:59 - Apr 13 with 3977 viewsdalenumber2

I am more for the non-showy 'get the job done' player like Cav and Kennedy both who have been brilliant of late. Tutte is a bit of a loose cannon although he can be great at times. However, if given a choice, I'd rather have the steadying influence of the former two if I were picking a squad for next season.
Rafferty on 22:21 - Apr 13 with 3923 viewsSpotty

Rafferty on 21:59 - Apr 13 by dalenumber2

I am more for the non-showy 'get the job done' player like Cav and Kennedy both who have been brilliant of late. Tutte is a bit of a loose cannon although he can be great at times. However, if given a choice, I'd rather have the steadying influence of the former two if I were picking a squad for next season.

Id liken Tutte to a slightly flashier Clark "decent" Keltie, a luxury player, and that doesnt tend to be Hills type of player.
Rafferty on 22:41 - Apr 13 with 3896 viewsAtThePeake

Rafferty on 22:21 - Apr 13 by Spotty

Id liken Tutte to a slightly flashier Clark "decent" Keltie, a luxury player, and that doesnt tend to be Hills type of player.

Tutte's work-rate and energy is at a much higher level than Keltie.

I think Tutte will be kept. Maybe as a squad player at most, but I think Hill has the capability to get the best out of him. Time will tell.

Tangled up in blue.

Rafferty on 22:50 - Apr 13 with 3866 viewsSpotty

Rafferty on 22:41 - Apr 13 by AtThePeake

Tutte's work-rate and energy is at a much higher level than Keltie.

I think Tutte will be kept. Maybe as a squad player at most, but I think Hill has the capability to get the best out of him. Time will tell.

I think it is a testiment to Cavanagh's displays that we would consider having Tutte, but as a squad player, 3 months ago that thought would have had you carted off to the mad house on here.
Rafferty on 22:56 - Apr 13 with 3849 views442Dale

Tutte will be sought after in the lower leagues as his goalscoring stats this year have been good and he'slayed well at times too. Even if we want to keep him, he arrived when we were a League 1 club and able to offer wages relative to that standing. Things have changed.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rafferty on 22:59 - Apr 13 with 3835 viewsGizzaNosh

Things are also very dependant on who signs a new deal and who doesn't.
Rafferty on 23:16 - Apr 13 with 3800 viewsSpotty

Rafferty on 22:59 - Apr 13 by GizzaNosh

Things are also very dependant on who signs a new deal and who doesn't.

Namely the manager. It is going to be a very interesting summer with regards to who he chooses to retain and release, there will probably be some surprises along the way, I'm not so certain Lillis will be retained even, given Hills record with 'keepers
Rafferty on 23:17 - Apr 13 with 3794 viewsGizzaNosh

Rafferty on 23:16 - Apr 13 by Spotty

Namely the manager. It is going to be a very interesting summer with regards to who he chooses to retain and release, there will probably be some surprises along the way, I'm not so certain Lillis will be retained even, given Hills record with 'keepers

Is Lillis not on a 2 year deal? (as dodgy as he is)
Rafferty on 23:20 - Apr 13 with 3787 viewsdalenumber2

Rafferty on 23:17 - Apr 13 by GizzaNosh

Is Lillis not on a 2 year deal? (as dodgy as he is)

Yes he is still under contract along with Grant and Donnelly. Don't agree that Lillis is dodgy though -and he's been better under Hill.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024