Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gay mariage 03:13 - May 27 with 11394 viewsWindsorHoopMan

Can't even spell it! 1 million marched against it in France today. Amiazing since it is only a few miles away but totally different opinion over here
Gay mariage on 22:56 - May 27 with 1555 viewsQPR1882

2 pages on whether or not 2 people who love each other should have the right to marry ?

man and women
man and man
woman and woman

is it not their choice ??
Gay mariage on 01:29 - May 28 with 1505 viewsCanadaRanger

If the whole world spent the time protesting ways people hate each other instead of ways they love each other, then maybe, just maybe, as a species we might get somewhere...

Gay mariage on 05:04 - May 28 with 1488 viewstimcocking

Gay mariage on 18:48 - May 27 by gobbles

Adoption should be on a case by case basis about who can provide a loving and stable home to a child. Sexuality should not come into it.

I agree with that in principle and i don't for a moment doubt there would be plenty of gay couples who'd make good parents.

I still don't like the idea of gay people adopting though. Gay couples can't produce children. I would not want a gay couple as my parents given the choice. Is that wrong? Maybe, but it doesn't alter the fact it's true.

Gay mariage on 05:21 - May 28 with 1485 viewstimcocking

Gay adoption and gay marriage are surely two completely seperate issues?

I'm mildly against the former because it seems like a spiteful load of trouble stirring. Two gay people getting married? Stop wasting everybodies bloody time and stop whinging. Never bloody satisfied. Is it really a big deal? If they legalise gay marriage, there will be hundreds of millions of Africans literally on the warpath. Homosexuality is completely unacceptable in most of Africa, and most of Africa is obviously fundamentalist Christian (many thanks to the evil scum that are Christian missionaries. There is no hell to burn in, but if there is, then those missionaries will be down there in it). It's just going to cause a whole world of strife and conflict, just so a few spoilt gay brats don't get their personal rights trifled with.

Cost benefit analysis of legalising gay marriage made simple:

+ a few gay couples can marry
- hundreds of millions of outraged fundamentalists and a potential world war

hmmm, let's all legalise gay marrage then, great idea, sound logic. Give me bloody strength.

I'm definitely against the latter. I don't think gay people should be allowed to adopt. They are gay. They can't produce children. Talk about having your cake and eating it, Jesus.

I don't consider myself even remotely homophobic, i'll have a drink with a gay fella or lass no worries, doesn't mean i have to support gay adoption or marriage.

ps not that bothered either way though, it's right at the bottom of my own list of priorities and i certainly don't care myself if gay people want to marry. I just think if they are outvoted by a thousand to one, then they should man up (no pun intended) and accept it.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Gay mariage on 05:35 - May 28 with 1486 viewssilky

We are all going to be dead one day anyway so who cares.

Once we extinct ourselves none of this will even matter.

Who truly knows if being Gay is right or wrong. You can't physically reproduce from it so it points towards the more "NOT" natural side of things for me.

Unlike some religions as long as they are not shoving it in other people's faces people are free to do what they want in their lives.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Gay mariage on 06:29 - May 28 with 1476 viewsBklynRanger

You'll 'have a drink' with them will you 'Tim' 'Cocking' will you? - I'm not even sure they'd want to.

What's your argument exactly? Lots of Africa would get upset because they're just oiling themsleves up to jump on not-necessarily-interested blokes like you...

Gay mariage on 08:03 - May 28 with 1451 viewsBluce_Ree

Gay mariage on 09:31 - May 27 by Orthodox_Hoop

I think the most eloquent argument ever put forward against same sex marriage, or indeed homosexuality in general, was by ragga star Shabba Ranks: 'God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.'

Eloquent? Do me a favour. Shabba Ranks is a hateful c*nt and his music is shit.

Also, the line 'God created Adam and Eve' isn't to be taken seriously as it's totally delusional.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfi0rh_shabba-ranks-says-gays-should-be-crucifi

What a c*nt. I'm glad his records don't sell for shit anymore.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Gay mariage on 09:52 - May 28 with 1420 viewsAntti_Heinola

Gay mariage on 05:21 - May 28 by timcocking

Gay adoption and gay marriage are surely two completely seperate issues?

I'm mildly against the former because it seems like a spiteful load of trouble stirring. Two gay people getting married? Stop wasting everybodies bloody time and stop whinging. Never bloody satisfied. Is it really a big deal? If they legalise gay marriage, there will be hundreds of millions of Africans literally on the warpath. Homosexuality is completely unacceptable in most of Africa, and most of Africa is obviously fundamentalist Christian (many thanks to the evil scum that are Christian missionaries. There is no hell to burn in, but if there is, then those missionaries will be down there in it). It's just going to cause a whole world of strife and conflict, just so a few spoilt gay brats don't get their personal rights trifled with.

Cost benefit analysis of legalising gay marriage made simple:

+ a few gay couples can marry
- hundreds of millions of outraged fundamentalists and a potential world war

hmmm, let's all legalise gay marrage then, great idea, sound logic. Give me bloody strength.

I'm definitely against the latter. I don't think gay people should be allowed to adopt. They are gay. They can't produce children. Talk about having your cake and eating it, Jesus.

I don't consider myself even remotely homophobic, i'll have a drink with a gay fella or lass no worries, doesn't mean i have to support gay adoption or marriage.

ps not that bothered either way though, it's right at the bottom of my own list of priorities and i certainly don't care myself if gay people want to marry. I just think if they are outvoted by a thousand to one, then they should man up (no pun intended) and accept it.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

POST OF THE CENTURY!

You, sir, are a satirical genius. I bow down at your corn-ridden feet.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Gay mariage on 10:05 - May 28 with 1413 viewsBluce_Ree

Gay people should be allowed to marry. I'm not sure why they want to but fk it, they definitely should be allowed. Gay folk are ace because they don't fill up this world with fking babies. Babies aren't ace, they're fking annoying.

Religious people are the ones you want to worry about. Raising your kids to believe in magic... how fking practical.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Gay mariage on 10:14 - May 28 with 1399 viewsTheBlob

Gay mariage on 10:05 - May 28 by Bluce_Ree

Gay people should be allowed to marry. I'm not sure why they want to but fk it, they definitely should be allowed. Gay folk are ace because they don't fill up this world with fking babies. Babies aren't ace, they're fking annoying.

Religious people are the ones you want to worry about. Raising your kids to believe in magic... how fking practical.

Excellent.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Gay mariage on 10:38 - May 28 with 1389 viewstimcocking

Gay mariage on 06:29 - May 28 by BklynRanger

You'll 'have a drink' with them will you 'Tim' 'Cocking' will you? - I'm not even sure they'd want to.

What's your argument exactly? Lots of Africa would get upset because they're just oiling themsleves up to jump on not-necessarily-interested blokes like you...

No, that millions of Christians in Africa will go ballistic.

Couldn't care less myself.
Gay mariage on 11:04 - May 28 with 1373 viewspaesanu

A couple of my gay mates are currently going through the adoption procedure. They're hoping to take on a brother and sister. These guys are gonna be pretty awesome parents.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Gay mariage on 11:23 - May 28 with 1365 viewsBromleyHoop

Gay mariage on 08:03 - May 28 by Bluce_Ree

Eloquent? Do me a favour. Shabba Ranks is a hateful c*nt and his music is shit.

Also, the line 'God created Adam and Eve' isn't to be taken seriously as it's totally delusional.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfi0rh_shabba-ranks-says-gays-should-be-crucifi

What a c*nt. I'm glad his records don't sell for shit anymore.

Thanks for posting that clip. Not because it reminds us what a repugnant person Shabba Ranks is but, in an unashamedly heterosexual way, it reminds me of how stunning Danni Behr was.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Gay mariage on 11:36 - May 28 with 1354 viewstimcocking

Gay mariage on 11:04 - May 28 by paesanu

A couple of my gay mates are currently going through the adoption procedure. They're hoping to take on a brother and sister. These guys are gonna be pretty awesome parents.

They may well be.

If i was Gay, i'd vote for adopting children.

I'm not though, and if i'm honest i don't feel it's quite right. One thing i do reckon, the kids will have an absolute nightmare in school.
Gay mariage on 11:38 - May 28 with 1352 viewstoboboly

Gay mariage on 11:36 - May 28 by timcocking

They may well be.

If i was Gay, i'd vote for adopting children.

I'm not though, and if i'm honest i don't feel it's quite right. One thing i do reckon, the kids will have an absolute nightmare in school.

I am yet to read about gay people viciously abusing and murdering children. Would Baby P have been better in a different family? Yes. Would he have minded if that family were homosexual? I doubt it very much.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Gay mariage on 11:39 - May 28 with 1351 viewstimcocking

Gay mariage on 09:52 - May 28 by Antti_Heinola

POST OF THE CENTURY!

You, sir, are a satirical genius. I bow down at your corn-ridden feet.

Thank you Antti, it's genuinely nice to receive a compliment when braced to receive abuse like usual
Gay mariage on 12:02 - May 28 with 1336 viewstimcocking

Gay mariage on 06:29 - May 28 by BklynRanger

"What's your argument exactly? Lots of Africa would get upset because they're just oiling themsleves up to jump on not-necessarily-interested blokes like you..."

No, it's that whilst you and i and most of us on this forum probably couldn't care less about gay people marrying in a church, most Christians around the globe fervently against it on pain of eternal damnation. Should we really open such a giant can of worms so a couple of gay blokes can get married? So, so stupid.

"You'll 'have a drink' with them will you 'Tim' 'Cocking' will you? - I'm not even sure they'd want to."

Why? What's wrong with me? By my comment i simply attempted to illustrate that i'm not bothered if an individual is gay or not. What is wrong about that?

I never understand why other people sometimes feel the need to get personal. I'm only expressing what are my opinions, in what is i hope a reasonably inoffensive and moderate manner. If i disagree with a person, i'll try to present a reasonable statement, not just abuse somebody else for daring to speak forth. Unless they wind me up. Is that twice today you've had a pop at me? I let you off the first one (if indeed it was aimed at me) but i was pretty pissed off with that. Waving the Bible around? Me? Yeah, right. I was merely questioning how a gay can get married in church when the religion expressly forbids it. Is that not a pertinent question on a thread about gay marriage? I think the Bible is, at best, extremely innaccurate. Embarrassing to read? Ouch. I hope that was somebody else you were referring to, i was incredulous to think it was levelled at me. I swear, some people only seem to use this site as a way to knock other posters. Everybody is entitled to a point of view are they not?

Gay mariage on 12:04 - May 28 with 1335 viewstimcocking

Gay mariage on 11:38 - May 28 by toboboly

I am yet to read about gay people viciously abusing and murdering children. Would Baby P have been better in a different family? Yes. Would he have minded if that family were homosexual? I doubt it very much.

all of which has absolutely nothing to do with whether gay people should be allowed to adopt children.
Gay mariage on 13:11 - May 28 with 1315 viewssimmo

I couldnt have put it better than the wise prophet notBigSam himself -

It absolutely repulses me that we live in a country that has a problem with poofters getting married. Get with the fcking times, dckheads.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Gay mariage on 13:13 - May 28 with 1309 viewstoboboly

Gay mariage on 12:04 - May 28 by timcocking

all of which has absolutely nothing to do with whether gay people should be allowed to adopt children.

People say that gay people can't/shouldn't adopt and use the argument that it is not natural. But then people who can make children are often the worse people to have them. My point has everything to do with gay adoption hence why I put it into this thread, I had toyed with the idea of using it in the thread all about Germans but wasn't sure it would have the required impact.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Gay mariage on 15:02 - May 28 with 1283 viewsBklynRanger

Gay mariage on 12:02 - May 28 by timcocking

"What's your argument exactly? Lots of Africa would get upset because they're just oiling themsleves up to jump on not-necessarily-interested blokes like you..."

No, it's that whilst you and i and most of us on this forum probably couldn't care less about gay people marrying in a church, most Christians around the globe fervently against it on pain of eternal damnation. Should we really open such a giant can of worms so a couple of gay blokes can get married? So, so stupid.

"You'll 'have a drink' with them will you 'Tim' 'Cocking' will you? - I'm not even sure they'd want to."

Why? What's wrong with me? By my comment i simply attempted to illustrate that i'm not bothered if an individual is gay or not. What is wrong about that?

I never understand why other people sometimes feel the need to get personal. I'm only expressing what are my opinions, in what is i hope a reasonably inoffensive and moderate manner. If i disagree with a person, i'll try to present a reasonable statement, not just abuse somebody else for daring to speak forth. Unless they wind me up. Is that twice today you've had a pop at me? I let you off the first one (if indeed it was aimed at me) but i was pretty pissed off with that. Waving the Bible around? Me? Yeah, right. I was merely questioning how a gay can get married in church when the religion expressly forbids it. Is that not a pertinent question on a thread about gay marriage? I think the Bible is, at best, extremely innaccurate. Embarrassing to read? Ouch. I hope that was somebody else you were referring to, i was incredulous to think it was levelled at me. I swear, some people only seem to use this site as a way to knock other posters. Everybody is entitled to a point of view are they not?

The point is that equal rights for gay people is not about them wanting to get married in a church! It's about them wanting their marriage to be accepted as being as equally valid as a marriage between a man and a woman. Everything else you're going on about regarding religion, christians and eternal damnation is besides the fcuking point.

And it's not 'a couple of blokes' is it? So lets deny people a perfectly reasonable right because if we don't we're risking literally burning in the fires of hell for all eternity. Alright then.

I'm sorry if I was abusive, but by your own standard I'm allowed to be if you've wound me up, and you did. There was no reason for me to get personal, I do accept that.

Gay mariage on 15:10 - May 28 with 1273 viewsbaz_qpr

Gay mariage on 05:04 - May 28 by timcocking

I agree with that in principle and i don't for a moment doubt there would be plenty of gay couples who'd make good parents.

I still don't like the idea of gay people adopting though. Gay couples can't produce children. I would not want a gay couple as my parents given the choice. Is that wrong? Maybe, but it doesn't alter the fact it's true.

Would you rather kids grow up in a children's home then?
Gay mariage on 15:30 - May 28 with 1257 viewsRangersw12

Gay mariage on 15:10 - May 28 by baz_qpr

Would you rather kids grow up in a children's home then?

There are more than enough straight people wanting to adopt it's a shame gay couples are allowed to jump the queue though

Gay mariage on 16:21 - May 28 with 1230 viewsTonto

I can only think of two reasons why Gay Marriage should not be allowed:

1 -the religious arguement -its says its an abomonation. but as that brilliant "Dear Dr Laura" letter showed, that arguement is pretty spurious and about 200 years out dated.

2 -the homophobic arguement

In other words both argurments are about as weak as our defense last year and it should be allowed.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Gay mariage on 16:32 - May 28 with 1220 viewsCliff

Can't quite get my head around the opposition to this. The main objections appear to be based on religion, yet most people seem to be ignoring the other restrictions and regulations in Leviticus. Also please note that most marriages are not church based, the latest figures I could find:

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/vsob1/marriages-in-england-and-wales--provisional-

shows that in 2010 68% of all marriages were in civil ceremonies. I really can't see that religion has anything to contribute other than that they don't want gay marriages in their churches, fine let them all be civil ceremonies.

As an atheist I don't let religions tell me what to eat, when I'm allowed to work, or who I can or cannot love, it's none of their bloody business.

As I understand it the reason that civil partnerships are not acceptable to the gay community is that they don't carry the same rights and marriage, they were a fudge. Also any new legislation relating to marriage, be it income tax, inheritance or property / separation rights do not automatically extend to civil partnerships, they need independent legislation.

I have yet to see one valid argument where someone can show how granting marriage rights to gays degrades heterosexual marriage.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024