Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gay mariage 03:13 - May 27 with 11395 viewsWindsorHoopMan

Can't even spell it! 1 million marched against it in France today. Amiazing since it is only a few miles away but totally different opinion over here
Gay mariage on 13:39 - May 27 with 1938 viewsCHUBBS

Gay mariage on 12:28 - May 27 by kensalriser

Another classic LFW thread that makes the Daily Mail look progressive, liberal and level-headed!

Where did you develop the notion that liberals are level headed?
Also they generally use one tactic when they disagree with any debate.
http://endzog.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/shout_racist_poster.jpg?w=510
Gay mariage on 14:50 - May 27 with 1886 viewsQPR_Jim

"Typical response muddy the waters and hope the argument goes away. Because hypocrisy exists elsewhere does not change the point I am making."

That’s exactly what I thought when you raised the point of civil partnerships for heterosexuals in the first place. It’s not an argument against gay marriage merely a distraction. If you want civil partnerships for heterosexual couples then campaign for it like the homosexuals have for marriage. As a heterosexual I can say I am not bothered and neither has any of my heterosexual mates ever complained about being unable to have a civil partnership.

"They will continue promoting Promiscuity and gay marriage until they're satisfied that the strength of marriage and family union has been well and truly destroyed.
What a twisted world we live in!"

How are promiscuity and same sex marriage linked, surely by allowing gay people to get married and have that bond it would act as a deterrent from promiscuity? Besides there are plenty of heterosexuals that are “destroying the family union” if that’s what your worried about. Single mothers or divorced parents tend to be heterosexual funnily enough, so I have no idea what that has to do with gay marriage.
Gay mariage on 15:02 - May 27 with 1874 viewsBklynRanger

Gay mariage on 10:43 - May 27 by CHUBBS

This has fcuk all to do with rights for gay people but is another sinister attempt to destroy family unity.
As far as i'm concerned gay people can live as they choose but the bible must never be altered to satisfy modern political agendas.
If gay people were truly religious they would know that a religious ceremony is against the word of god so forbidden.
They will continue promoting Promiscuity and gay marriage until they're satisfied that the strength of marriage and family union has been well and truly destroyed.
What a twisted world we live in!

The question of whether its legal or illegal has got nothing to do with religion as far as I can tell.

It's about changing the laws - if they then want to have a religious or non-religious wedding ceremony that's a separate matter.

(And not at you, Chubbs, but...) I never understand how people who pay no attention to the bible suddenly start waving it around when it comes to gay marriage - it's embarassing to read.

Gay mariage on 15:08 - May 27 with 1870 viewskensalriser

Gay mariage on 13:39 - May 27 by CHUBBS

Where did you develop the notion that liberals are level headed?
Also they generally use one tactic when they disagree with any debate.
http://endzog.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/shout_racist_poster.jpg?w=510

Argue the definition of level-headed with one of LFW's premier nut jobs? Not today, thanks!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Gay mariage on 15:25 - May 27 with 1856 viewstimcocking

Gay mariage on 10:49 - May 27 by HollowayRanger

are they gay as well?

sometimes
Gay mariage on 15:37 - May 27 with 1839 viewsTheBlob

Gay mariage on 15:02 - May 27 by BklynRanger

The question of whether its legal or illegal has got nothing to do with religion as far as I can tell.

It's about changing the laws - if they then want to have a religious or non-religious wedding ceremony that's a separate matter.

(And not at you, Chubbs, but...) I never understand how people who pay no attention to the bible suddenly start waving it around when it comes to gay marriage - it's embarassing to read.

I wouldn't take the bible as gospel you know.

And is it Deuteronomy or Do It To Me Rodney?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Gay mariage on 17:16 - May 27 with 1800 viewsCHUBBS

Gay mariage on 15:08 - May 27 by kensalriser

Argue the definition of level-headed with one of LFW's premier nut jobs? Not today, thanks!

There you go again,droning on about saving the world from us terrible people.
Nothing to contribute other than platitudes and insults.
You are the definition of insipid.
Gay mariage on 17:16 - May 27 with 1805 viewsMrSheen

Never mind the church, get down the cinema. (For artistic reasons, only.)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/cannes-film-festival/10082058/Cannes-201
Login to get fewer ads

Gay mariage on 18:21 - May 27 with 1766 viewsAntti_Heinola

Gay mariage on 09:31 - May 27 by Orthodox_Hoop

I think the most eloquent argument ever put forward against same sex marriage, or indeed homosexuality in general, was by ragga star Shabba Ranks: 'God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.'

That's not eloquence, it's a childish rhyme. Quite a lot of difference there. Plus, God doesn't exist and neither did Adam and Eve, meaning its factually incorrect as well as stupid.

Bare bones.

Gay mariage on 18:23 - May 27 with 1764 viewsAntti_Heinola

Gay mariage on 10:15 - May 27 by timcocking

I'm not sure i'm too keen on the idea of gay people adopting children. I don't consider that ideal, whatever the PC brigade try to tell me.

As to whether they get married, personally i couldn't care less. That said, i'm not religious. If i was a Christian who actually did believe the bible , then surely homosexuality is forbidden? I don't see how religious people can pick and choose what parts of the Word of God they can alter to suit current health and safety / political climate. If the Bible sys no gay marriage and no women priests etc., then i'd have thought that's tough titty. Not that i care either way.

It's a tiny issue to me, i'm far more concerned about Tigers (probably) becoming extinct in the wild soon.

Listen, if you start going down the road of who is fit to have children, then most of the people on this board would get struck off, regardless of sexuality!

Bare bones.

Gay mariage on 18:48 - May 27 with 1743 viewsgobbles

Adoption should be on a case by case basis about who can provide a loving and stable home to a child. Sexuality should not come into it.
Gay mariage on 18:59 - May 27 with 1732 viewsQPR_John

Gay mariage on 14:50 - May 27 by QPR_Jim

"Typical response muddy the waters and hope the argument goes away. Because hypocrisy exists elsewhere does not change the point I am making."

That’s exactly what I thought when you raised the point of civil partnerships for heterosexuals in the first place. It’s not an argument against gay marriage merely a distraction. If you want civil partnerships for heterosexual couples then campaign for it like the homosexuals have for marriage. As a heterosexual I can say I am not bothered and neither has any of my heterosexual mates ever complained about being unable to have a civil partnership.

"They will continue promoting Promiscuity and gay marriage until they're satisfied that the strength of marriage and family union has been well and truly destroyed.
What a twisted world we live in!"

How are promiscuity and same sex marriage linked, surely by allowing gay people to get married and have that bond it would act as a deterrent from promiscuity? Besides there are plenty of heterosexuals that are “destroying the family union” if that’s what your worried about. Single mothers or divorced parents tend to be heterosexual funnily enough, so I have no idea what that has to do with gay marriage.

What a load of rubbish. I really could not give a t*ss about whether there should be gay marriage or not or whether same sex couples should be allowed a civil partnership. My point is equality is always raised when it suites, when it does not it is conveniently ignored.
Gay mariage on 19:04 - May 27 with 1725 viewsQPR_John

Gay mariage on 12:04 - May 27 by NW5Hoop

Civil partnership was created as a sop - a "not quite marriage" for gay couples. It wasn't ever anticipated that straight couples might want it. And it proved not to be enough for many gay couples. Who wanted to be actually married. "Why can't straight couples have civil partnerships?" is a straw man created by opponents of gay marriage.

"Why can't straight couples have civil partnerships?" is a straw man created by opponents of gay marriage.

Keep telling yourself that, like a lot of ideas high jacked by some, but nevertheless still valid.
Gay mariage on 19:17 - May 27 with 1710 viewsKernowRanger

It's worth noting that in France, where civil partnerships are available to both hetero- and homosexual couples and have been for a number of years, that the vast majority of the civil partnerships granted were between heterosexual couples. So there clearly is an appetite there for everyone to have the option of a civil partnership, regardless of sexuality.
Gay mariage on 19:21 - May 27 with 1704 viewsderbyhoop

I can't say I'm bothered either way. Live and let live. But, the arguments are not as simplistic as some allege.
There's plenty of heterosexual relationships that don't provide much of an advert for marriage.
Is marriage between 2 people of the same gender going to drive a wedge through conventional marriages?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Gay mariage on 19:47 - May 27 with 1620 viewskensalriser

Gay mariage on 17:16 - May 27 by CHUBBS

There you go again,droning on about saving the world from us terrible people.
Nothing to contribute other than platitudes and insults.
You are the definition of insipid.

Sorry, I have a lizards' meeting to attend.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Gay mariage on 20:07 - May 27 with 1606 viewsCHUBBS

Gay mariage on 19:47 - May 27 by kensalriser

Sorry, I have a lizards' meeting to attend.

Is that cryptic for a night out with the mrs?
Gay mariage on 20:13 - May 27 with 1601 viewsHollowayRanger

all i will say as someone said eariler if the first humans were all gay we wouldnt exist

got two next door to my mum and they look after her more than me truth be told for which i thank them

but one thing i can not abide is two men kissing in front of me not keen on two women kissing either (what a waste)

and yes im a hypocrite!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Gay mariage on 20:23 - May 27 with 1587 viewsN12Hoop

Gay mariage on 12:12 - May 27 by NW5Hoop

Yes, the Bible. Lord knows we should respect everything laid down there.

How about some highlights of Leviticus?

"And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death."

"21:16 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
21:17 Speak unto Aaron, saying, Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God.
21:18 For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous,
21:19 Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded,
21:20 Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken"

It's too easy with Leviticus. Its all mental. And that book is the basis for Biblical homophobia. So unless you're willing to swallow it all (baby girls are twice as unclean as baby boys; menstruating women are dangerous; insects have four legs), then don't cite the bible approvingly for being anti gay marriage.

Dear Dr. Laura,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God’s Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don’t agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them (Lev.24:10-16)? Couldn’t we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws (Lev. 20:14)?

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God’s word is eternal and unchanging. Your devoted disciple and adoring fan.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Gay mariage on 20:28 - May 27 with 1583 viewsFredManRave

Gay mariage on 09:00 - May 27 by essextaxiboy

It hasnt got anything to.do with their sex lives . Its a box ticking crusade.

Ironic then that it's their box tickling that's behind the crusade.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Gay mariage on 21:06 - May 27 with 1551 viewseastside_r

Gay mariage on 20:28 - May 27 by FredManRave

Ironic then that it's their box tickling that's behind the crusade.

Gay mariage on 21:42 - May 27 with 1528 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Gay mariage on 18:21 - May 27 by Antti_Heinola

That's not eloquence, it's a childish rhyme. Quite a lot of difference there. Plus, God doesn't exist and neither did Adam and Eve, meaning its factually incorrect as well as stupid.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKR_RN4PfgfohWI-ab_p6xmeFn
Gay mariage on 22:39 - May 27 with 1492 viewsTheBlob

Gay mariage on 18:23 - May 27 by Antti_Heinola

Listen, if you start going down the road of who is fit to have children, then most of the people on this board would get struck off, regardless of sexuality!

Well count me in on that one.Was overjoyed when the parasitical little bastards ran off to join the circus.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Gay mariage on 22:45 - May 27 with 1487 viewspompeyhoop

The worlds a mad place, if two blokes or two birds love each other and wanna get married fair play to them it's no business of others as far as I can see. People actually care that much that they spend their bank holiday marching, shouting out slogans in opposition to love!!!! What hope have we got??

Anton Ferdinand was not a very good footballer...

Gay mariage on 22:52 - May 27 with 1479 viewspompeyhoop

The worlds a mad place, if two blokes or two birds love each other and wanna get married fair play to them it's no business of others as far as I can see. People actually care that much that they spend their bank holiday marching, shouting out slogans in opposition to love!!!! What hope have we got??

Anton Ferdinand was not a very good footballer...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024