Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derry 12:27 - Jul 4 with 3859 viewsPinnerPaul

On offy says that some previous pre seasons have not been tough enough - guess that must refer to MH et al?
Derry on 12:29 - Jul 4 with 2816 viewsreal_loftus

I doubt Hughes demeaned himself by stepping onto the training pitch much

ATAF.

Derry on 12:37 - Jul 4 with 2768 viewsadhoc_qpr

Surely Hughes pre-season's were planned with meticulous preparation though?
Derry on 12:40 - Jul 4 with 2750 viewsNorthernr

Hear the same sort of thing every year/every new manager though don't we? "Much fitter now than before...."

The speed we work through managers and the way the new ones always go on about increasing the fitness levels we should have created some sort of superhuman race by now capable of smashing the world record for 100 metres while carrying a space shuttle on their backs.
Derry on 12:43 - Jul 4 with 2731 viewskingsburyR

Derry on 12:40 - Jul 4 by Northernr

Hear the same sort of thing every year/every new manager though don't we? "Much fitter now than before...."

The speed we work through managers and the way the new ones always go on about increasing the fitness levels we should have created some sort of superhuman race by now capable of smashing the world record for 100 metres while carrying a space shuttle on their backs.

Alla Bob Malcolm!

That boy could run!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Derry on 12:47 - Jul 4 with 2707 viewsashranger

What a load of tosh, here it every year as you say Clive, last year they were saying Hughes's sessions were a breath of fresh air as they got a ball on day one.

Let's hope at least they are running in the same direction at the start of the season.
Derry on 12:52 - Jul 4 with 2675 viewsQPunkR

Derry on 12:47 - Jul 4 by ashranger

What a load of tosh, here it every year as you say Clive, last year they were saying Hughes's sessions were a breath of fresh air as they got a ball on day one.

Let's hope at least they are running in the same direction at the start of the season.

All the way to the bank

QPR - "shit but local"

Derry on 12:58 - Jul 4 with 2652 viewsMetallica_Hoop

3 legged race (or is that Norwich?)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Derry on 13:06 - Jul 4 with 2589 viewsQPunkR

Derry on 12:58 - Jul 4 by Metallica_Hoop

Isn't that the 3-fingered race?

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

Derry on 13:10 - Jul 4 with 2564 viewsfakekerby

Not only that, but isn't the fitness coach the same guy as the last two seasons?

We haven't looked fit at all for at least three years. Even under Warnock in the Prem we looked unfit.
Derry on 13:13 - Jul 4 with 2543 viewsTacticalR

It must be something every player has in his locker now...pre-written notes about how great the new manager is, to be brought out every few months as and when required.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Air hostess clique

Derry on 13:14 - Jul 4 with 2537 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Clive with all due respect we all could see the last two preseason there was not the proper planning and preparation as in last season there were so many changes and to me no one look fit or prepared enough for the first game of the season . So with respect to Derry I can take on board with what he says . Hope we will have some tougher matches to play this time in the preseason friendlies to see if we have the right blend/bond in place last preseasons was beyond the joke.
Derry on 13:15 - Jul 4 with 2528 viewsINFIRMARY

Derry on 12:43 - Jul 4 by kingsburyR

Alla Bob Malcolm!

That boy could run!

Bob Malcolm was the first player I ever saw going backwards as he was running forwards !

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

Derry on 13:24 - Jul 4 with 2485 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Derry on 13:15 - Jul 4 by INFIRMARY

Bob Malcolm was the first player I ever saw going backwards as he was running forwards !

Gotta give the Bob some respect. When he was subbed on his debut and we cheered he genuinely laughed because he knew he was that bad too.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Derry on 13:24 - Jul 4 with 2482 viewsNorthernr

Derry on 13:14 - Jul 4 by carrotcrunch_R

Clive with all due respect we all could see the last two preseason there was not the proper planning and preparation as in last season there were so many changes and to me no one look fit or prepared enough for the first game of the season . So with respect to Derry I can take on board with what he says . Hope we will have some tougher matches to play this time in the preseason friendlies to see if we have the right blend/bond in place last preseasons was beyond the joke.

Absolutely agree with you but, as others have said, during those inadequate pre-seasons we still had these same type of comments about how great everything was and how fit everybody was. It's just part of every club's pre-season media output.
Derry on 13:33 - Jul 4 with 2426 viewsEastR

That'll be our Junior

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Derry on 13:36 - Jul 4 with 2402 viewsW7Ranger

Derry on 13:24 - Jul 4 by Northernr

Absolutely agree with you but, as others have said, during those inadequate pre-seasons we still had these same type of comments about how great everything was and how fit everybody was. It's just part of every club's pre-season media output.

+1 Clive'o!
Derry on 13:44 - Jul 4 with 2372 viewspadstow

"Queens Park Rangers FC asked us (Adhoc Films - a la 4 year plan) to produce a montage of their 2010-2011 Pre-season training to show the players ahead of their first game of the season, in order to inspire them by showing them their Summer's hard work. They went unbeaten in their first 19 games and steamrolled their way to winning the Championship that season."

Director/Camera/Editor - Mat Hodgson

Derry on 13:49 - Jul 4 with 2350 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Derry on 13:24 - Jul 4 by Northernr

Yep very true like Barton did untill he wasn't part of the plans anymore lol.
However I am hopeing we have moved on from our past mistakes and hope we will get it right this time wishful thinking perhaps.
Derry on 13:55 - Jul 4 with 2324 viewstimcocking

"The speed we work through managers and the way the new ones always go on about increasing the fitness levels we should have created some sort of superhuman race by now capable of smashing the world record for 100 metres while carrying a space shuttle on their backs. "

Clive that is very good

I reckon you should stick that one in the next article.

And you're right of course. Players are hardly likely to say "pre-seasons been poor, the gaffer doesn't know what he's doing", are they? At least not until they're on the bench.
Derry on 14:59 - Jul 4 with 2210 viewsqpr85

Derry on 12:58 - Jul 4 by Metallica_Hoop

Mbia would p!ss that race
Derry on 20:47 - Jul 4 with 1996 viewsDylanP

They always say that sort of thing about pre-season training. It is just one of those trite cliches that footballers spout. Its meant to demonstrate that all is well and good. No harm there, but I wouldn't read anything into it.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Derry on 21:01 - Jul 4 with 1974 viewsted_hendrix

Derry on 20:47 - Jul 4 by DylanP

They always say that sort of thing about pre-season training. It is just one of those trite cliches that footballers spout. Its meant to demonstrate that all is well and good. No harm there, but I wouldn't read anything into it.

O.K. I won't, thank you.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Derry on 21:29 - Jul 4 with 1933 viewsNorthernr

In related news, having only returned to training on Monday, they've been given tomorrow off. Don't work too hard lads.
Derry on 21:44 - Jul 4 with 1913 viewsTacticalR

Training's got so good now you don't need to do it every day. It wouldn't be fair on the other teams.

Air hostess clique

Derry on 22:37 - Jul 4 with 1843 viewsShotKneesHoop

"players only love you when they're playing" Not this lot, Jose.

Why do players always talk total bollox pre season?

And then play total bollox when the season starts - all season. (2012 /13 anyway)

More meticulous planning?

Or are PDSA on full dog alert for a few accidents after the first five games?

The one's you can't polish, that is.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024