Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Townsend 10:39 - Jul 18 with 4058 viewsTheBlob

Any truth in the rumour that 'arry has stuck in a £5m bid?
Cheap imho were it true.Nobody else interested it seems......

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Townsend on 10:43 - Jul 18 with 2780 viewstoboboly

Think £5m is a lot for him. Would offer £1m and tell Levy no-one else will have him.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Townsend on 10:44 - Jul 18 with 2766 viewsThe_Mole

Interesting one this... clearly a very talented player but I just felt last season he was playing for himself and his chance to prove Spurs wrong, rather than concentrating on QPR and to be fair, who can blame him?!

I feel £5m could be a tad steep and also have reservations if he would be the same talent as last season, or get too comfy with what ever lucrative wages we'd be offering....
Townsend on 10:46 - Jul 18 with 2749 viewsDesertBoot

About a million would be right. My concern is he's been on loan at numerous clubs in such a short period.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Townsend on 10:46 - Jul 18 with 2747 viewsTheBlob

Townsend on 10:44 - Jul 18 by The_Mole

Interesting one this... clearly a very talented player but I just felt last season he was playing for himself and his chance to prove Spurs wrong, rather than concentrating on QPR and to be fair, who can blame him?!

I feel £5m could be a tad steep and also have reservations if he would be the same talent as last season, or get too comfy with what ever lucrative wages we'd be offering....

Kyle Walker largely did the same......?

Townsend on 10:48 - Jul 18 with 2732 viewsGloucs_R

Fking hell. You cant please some people....too old, too young, too expensive, on too much money, blah blah blah

Poll: Are we staying up?

Townsend on 10:50 - Jul 18 with 2725 viewsstansleftfoot

With the greatest respect for the Andros Townsend adoration club, not even wheeler dealer HR would pay £5 Million for Andros, if he wants to it's proof of craziness.
He stood out as a player at QPR because he tried, he tried very hard to make things happen, and deep respect for him for that in an environment where most seemed to be taking the pxss.
If we sold Mackie for £1.5 and got Townsend for £2.5 to £3 Million it would make sense to me.
I don't think Andros Townsend is coming, the conversation has been had already, if Mackie goes Andros might come.....Tony Fernandes and Harry say so! My guess!
Townsend on 11:01 - Jul 18 with 2648 viewsJamie

£5m would be mental money. IMO.

Townsend on 11:01 - Jul 18 with 2646 views1MoreBrightonR

Townsend on 10:44 - Jul 18 by The_Mole

I don't get this...so despite us being absolute dog turd all last season, he quite regularly was one of the few players who kept going and put in tonnes of effort, but he's then being criticised for "playing for himself"!? What should he have done differently?

on an another note, 5 million is way too much. Put in an offer for one or two and call their bluff.
Login to get fewer ads

Townsend on 11:03 - Jul 18 with 2635 viewssimmo

Good signing potentially.

Perhaps it can be a total to reach £5m after X amoutn of appearances etc. A straight 5mil would definitely be too much but then we have spent a lot more ona lot worse.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Townsend on 11:05 - Jul 18 with 2625 viewsTheBlob

Market forces chaps.You don't get sheeit for 2 mill.....

Townsend on 11:13 - Jul 18 with 2583 viewsNorthernr

I'd pay £1.5m. Any more than that and they're starting to take the pis a bit.
Townsend on 11:13 - Jul 18 with 2575 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Its 4 million too much for me. Really like the guy but £5 million is really over doing it

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Townsend on 11:14 - Jul 18 with 2569 viewsThe_Mole

Townsend on 11:01 - Jul 18 by 1MoreBrightonR

I don't get this...so despite us being absolute dog turd all last season, he quite regularly was one of the few players who kept going and put in tonnes of effort, but he's then being criticised for "playing for himself"!? What should he have done differently?

on an another note, 5 million is way too much. Put in an offer for one or two and call their bluff.

I don't recall critizing him? I've simply made an observation and IMO he was trying his best to get a place in the Spurs team - why's that hard to comprehend?

Clearly a very good player, no disputing that, just wonder if £5m is too much of a gamble and I'd be curious to know how he would perform for a championship side next year....
Townsend on 11:15 - Jul 18 with 2564 viewsRblockPrior

as much as Id love this to happen, there is no truth in this at all and even if they did want to sell he would stay in the premier league

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Townsend on 11:20 - Jul 18 with 2542 viewsTheBlob

Townsend on 11:15 - Jul 18 by RblockPrior

as much as Id love this to happen, there is no truth in this at all and even if they did want to sell he would stay in the premier league

Sauce?

Townsend on 11:20 - Jul 18 with 2532 viewsGloucs_R

Can someone just remind me how much Cardiff were going to pay for Ince?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Townsend on 11:26 - Jul 18 with 2504 viewstoboboly

Townsend on 11:20 - Jul 18 by Gloucs_R

Can someone just remind me how much Cardiff were going to pay for Ince?

£8m

Townsend on 11:26 - Jul 18 with 2503 viewsdaveB

I'd only pay 1.5million for him, he's a young swp, lots of energy and enthusiasm but his end product can be woeful
Townsend on 11:26 - Jul 18 with 2498 viewsTheBlob

How can anyone say it's too much when Newcastle have just bid £6m for Darren Bent?

Townsend on 11:26 - Jul 18 with 2495 viewstoboboly

Townsend on 11:26 - Jul 18 by TheBlob

How can anyone say it's too much when Newcastle have just bid £6m for Darren Bent?

Cos Bent gets a shed load of goals.

Townsend on 11:29 - Jul 18 with 2481 viewsToast_R

5 Million sounds alright to me when you consider he's young, the best player on the pitch for most his games at QPR , English and the club paid a lot more and fared far far worse in transfers recently for some rancid dross.

I'd be well happy should we capture his signature. That would be a massive signing for the club I reckon.

Townsend on 11:30 - Jul 18 with 2474 viewsAntti_Heinola

Townsend on 11:15 - Jul 18 by RblockPrior

It may well not be true, but if we wanted him we'd have a good chance of getting him. As others have said, his final ball and his delivery is well below par. He has a long, long way to go yet and most prem sides need something that's a bit more of the finished article. Love him as a player, would love us to get him, £5m far, far too much.

Bare bones.

Townsend on 11:30 - Jul 18 with 2469 viewsTheBlob

Townsend on 11:26 - Jul 18 by toboboly

Cos Bent gets a shed load of goals.

Really? A shed load of goals you say.....

Townsend on 11:33 - Jul 18 with 2448 viewsexiled_dictator

I think the £5 million is a red herring.
The Standard reported that Swansea were interested in buying him following his performances at QPR, but no subsequent bids materialised.
At the ttime, he was quoted as saying:

“[The move to QPR] is my big chance to show what I can do. Andre Villas-Boas has told me that he doesn't want to sell me and that I’m in his plans for the future.”
“He called me on deadline day to wish me luck at QPR, which was encouraging. I’m confident I can eventually break into the Tottenham team.”

I don't think he is worth £5 million, but he is worth a bid. I don't even think he would want to come to us, rather try & get into the Spurs squad, or go back out on loan but to a Premiership team.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Townsend on 11:58 - Jul 18 with 2355 viewsJamie

Townsend on 11:29 - Jul 18 by Toast_R

5 Million sounds alright to me when you consider he's young, the best player on the pitch for most his games at QPR , English and the club paid a lot more and fared far far worse in transfers recently for some rancid dross.

I'd be well happy should we capture his signature. That would be a massive signing for the club I reckon.

Started like a rocket, swiftly found out and nullified. IMO.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024