Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Austin? 18:20 - Jul 27 with 11272 viewsowza

We need a new centre forward who can score goals because I really can't see where the goals are gonna come from. Obviously there is question marks hanging over what is going to happen with Remy who would be the best striker in the championship if he stays but if he does depart us we are left with AJ who might pop up with a few IF he can stay fit and Bobby Zamora is useless full stop. We have missed out on Hooper which would have been a brilliant signing. Charlie Austin has scored goals galore wherever he has been and he is a proven goal scorer in the championship. He would be a good coup in my opinion. Thoughts?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Charlie Austin? on 11:46 - Jul 31 with 2117 viewsdaveB

Billy Sharp from Southampton is decent, Adel Taarabt at QPR is not bad either
Charlie Austin? on 11:49 - Jul 31 with 2101 viewsozexile

Why don't we go for that big guy who we had on loan from WBA in our promotion season?
Scored a couple of important goals. Iisiah? What's he doing?
Charlie Austin? on 11:50 - Jul 31 with 2094 viewsdaveB

that young kid at Watford last year is up for sale as well, vdra or something like that
Charlie Austin? on 11:52 - Jul 31 with 2087 viewstoboboly

Charlie Austin? on 11:49 - Jul 31 by ozexile

Why don't we go for that big guy who we had on loan from WBA in our promotion season?
Scored a couple of important goals. Iisiah? What's he doing?

Ismael Miller is at Forest but doesn't have a great goal record.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Charlie Austin? on 12:03 - Jul 31 with 2034 viewsowza

Charlie Austin? on 11:36 - Jul 31 by toboboly

We could go lower league?

Ebanks-Blake is returning from an injury but is free and with a proven record.

See how Cody Macdonald plays for Gillingham.

See if LeFondre is available from Reading.

Jack Midson has scored lots of goals in League 2.

Use Ephraim as more of a striker?

The fact that your suggesting "Use Ephraim as more of a striker" shows the limited amount of options we have. Also you are suggesting we buy a 29 year old striker who plays for AFC Wimbledon in League 2 proves that you are clutching at straws mate.
Charlie Austin? on 12:20 - Jul 31 with 1990 viewsDANRANGER

Charlie Austin? on 11:50 - Jul 31 by daveB

that young kid at Watford last year is up for sale as well, vdra or something like that

Vydra is being talked about at 10m from Udinese and West Ham are allegedly interested amongst others so would expect him to go premier league or stay in Italy. We should be scouting to find a reasonably unknown as we may as well just stump up good money for Rhodes with the guarantee of goals.

Villa paid 6m for Benteke and now look what he is worth, the players are out there, but I don't get the feeling we have been scouting players for 6 months based on the links so far. Our best signing of recent times has been Faurlin as we knew nothing about him and he showed you can find players around the world reasonably cheap if you do the research (and that was only down to the fact we brought in Gorman!!)
Charlie Austin? on 12:49 - Jul 31 with 1932 viewsqprewan

Just seen the Austin video posted on here yesterday- my god a striker who can head the ball in, bang em in ftom 25 yards and takes penalties too! We haven't had someone like that at the club for some time. Would be absolutely gutted if we do miss out on him as I agree with others on here that there dont seem to be many alternatives.
Charlie Austin? on 13:08 - Jul 31 with 1873 viewsRangerJim

Charlie Austin? on 12:49 - Jul 31 by qprewan

Just seen the Austin video posted on here yesterday- my god a striker who can head the ball in, bang em in ftom 25 yards and takes penalties too! We haven't had someone like that at the club for some time. Would be absolutely gutted if we do miss out on him as I agree with others on here that there dont seem to be many alternatives.

+1

Hope we get him

Login to get fewer ads

Charlie Austin? on 13:10 - Jul 31 with 1865 viewsPinnerPaul

Charlie Austin? on 19:36 - Jul 27 by bosh67

The plan is to bid about £4m
Then do nothing but alert all other perm teams to the story
Get gazumped
Put a sheepish call through to DJ and ask how his other ankle is.

and they haven't all heard of him already and know that he is available?
Charlie Austin? on 13:12 - Jul 31 with 1852 viewstoboboly

Charlie Austin? on 12:03 - Jul 31 by owza

The fact that your suggesting "Use Ephraim as more of a striker" shows the limited amount of options we have. Also you are suggesting we buy a 29 year old striker who plays for AFC Wimbledon in League 2 proves that you are clutching at straws mate.

Or that I am not a scout for a recently relegated PL team that should know everyone in the top 4 leagues inside out.

Edit: Bent is available for £6m. I wouldn't ever think we could get him but apparently we shouldn't bother looking at anyone outside of the top two divisions.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2013 13:13]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Charlie Austin? on 18:33 - Jul 31 with 1730 viewsowza

Charlie Austin? on 13:12 - Jul 31 by toboboly

Or that I am not a scout for a recently relegated PL team that should know everyone in the top 4 leagues inside out.

Edit: Bent is available for £6m. I wouldn't ever think we could get him but apparently we shouldn't bother looking at anyone outside of the top two divisions.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2013 13:13]

I never said we should look lower leagues mate but I am saying the options you are suggesting are quite frankly ridiculous. Jack Midson? made me laugh actually. And I don't think Darren Bent will be coming down to Loftus Road this season. He is certainly not 'Arrys cup of tea. I remember him talking about Bent after he missed a open goal for spurs saying "My grandma could of scored that" He was sold shortly afterwards.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2013 18:33]
Charlie Austin? on 18:34 - Jul 31 with 1721 viewsowza

Charlie Austin? on 12:49 - Jul 31 by qprewan

Couldn't agree more man. I mirror everything you just said.
Charlie Austin? on 10:45 - Aug 1 with 1565 viewsowza

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8849741/

Yes! Yes! Yes! great news if this is true.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024