Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? 20:57 - Sep 16 with 26211 viewsLord_Bony

Considering his young age needs a bit more experience to become a great asset for us.

Still some sloppy play that needs sorting out.

Got a habit of hoofing it blindly

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 20:59 - Sep 16 with 13794 viewsPlasticman

Actually the errors he made that caused the goals was because he didn't hoof it...

The first one wouldn't have happened if he had hoofed it, and the second was a plain passing error along the ground. A hoof would have allowed our players more time to adjust.

Plastic since 2012

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 21:01 - Sep 16 with 13782 viewsJonnyTheJack

Needs to keep it simple. The most important thing he needs to do is learn from it. That first mistake is schoolboy stuff, you have to pass it to Vorm's right hand side not straight and tame. And the second mistake was poor too, that pass was asking for trouble. Plenty have people said it, he needs to mature.
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 21:01 - Sep 16 with 13771 viewswr72

It's one half of football,it's against his former team and he's emotional after his goal and down after his 2 costly mistakes.I'm sure Laudrup will speak to him at half time and send him back out for 15 or 20 minutes just to show faith him in.He scored our goal,remember,so there's a player in there somewhere.He just needs to keep his emotions in check.He's still young though.
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:02 - Sep 16 with 13666 viewsI_will_swan_you_up

Not my type of player. I really have to admit that. Involved in our goals or not. I'd much rather have Pozuelo in.
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:05 - Sep 16 with 13627 viewsLiam12345

only his passing needs work and he is clearly better when playing a more attacking role

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:07 - Sep 16 with 13599 viewsSgorioFruit

threw the game away, seeing as the only thing in the game for liverpool was the two goals he gifted to them.

we would have smashed them otherwise.

still happy with a point though

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:09 - Sep 16 with 13575 viewsjasonbromham

Hero for me! It takes a man to apologise, he shouldn't feel the need to though. We all make mistakes, his passion though & his desire makes him a hero.
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:09 - Sep 16 with 13570 viewswr72

Of course he's a hero.He had a goal and assist for us tonight.He made 2 mistakes but he a Swans player and a young one at that.He'll be great one game and poor the next but at some point will mature,know his role and be a great player of us.
Login to get fewer ads

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:12 - Sep 16 with 13533 viewswr72

Laudrup summed it up perfectly there saying the key was he came back on second half and improved.Good character.
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:13 - Sep 16 with 13519 viewsJackanapes

3 assists and a goal. MOTM for both sides I'd say.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:15 - Sep 16 with 13474 viewswr72

I've got him in my dreamteam.God knows what points i'll expect.
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:15 - Sep 16 with 13471 viewsWarwickHunt

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:02 - Sep 16 by I_will_swan_you_up

Not my type of player. I really have to admit that. Involved in our goals or not. I'd much rather have Pozuelo in.

Different players, different positions. Duh.

Pozuelo was sheer class when he came on though.

Hold your head up Jonjo, great comeback second half. Layoff for Michu was epic.
Will be a great player...
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:17 - Sep 16 with 13430 viewsHalon

Shit happens but hes still a hero for me
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:36 - Sep 16 with 13236 viewsDr_Winston

Obvious talent, but lacking in footballing intelligence at the minute.

Really needs to take a split second to think about where he's going to pass it and whether it's really a good idea.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:37 - Sep 16 with 13224 viewsLord_Bony

Strange position of contributing to all four goals heh...

That assist to Michu was a great head down,so all is forgiven.

He's got lots of potential and character there just needs more experience.

Post match interview he was nearly in tears apologising to the fans for gifting those two goals love him.

I really think he ll learn from this one and will prove himself for us.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:40 - Sep 16 with 13173 viewsJokeren1943

Aspas looks really rubbish.
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:40 - Sep 16 with 13160 viewsSwansNZ

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:12 - Sep 16 by wr72

Laudrup summed it up perfectly there saying the key was he came back on second half and improved.Good character.

I agree.

Yes, 2 mistakes, but the first one could have happened to anyone (Ash this time last year was worse), but for the second one, that pass was never on — simple square ball to Chico would have done the trick then. But hey, without him, it might have been 0-0

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:43 - Sep 16 with 13124 viewsDr_Winston

He's far from the only one responsible for the second goal too. Yes it was a lax pass, but the defence just backed off as a unit and made Moses' decison easy for him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:47 - Sep 16 with 13083 viewsWarwickHunt

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:40 - Sep 16 by Jokeren1943

File under: Meh.
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:48 - Sep 16 with 13059 viewsDrizzy

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:40 - Sep 16 by Jokeren1943

Said it before Liverpool bought him. Tidy player but not a patch on Bony when it comes to finishing. He'll be pushed out wide a la Borini when Suarez returns and quietly disappear.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:59 - Sep 16 with 12989 viewsPureRockFury

Don't think 'hero or villan' is a comprehensive enough spectrum to sum up Jonjo's night tonight. Mental. How many players either scored or directly/indirectly set-up all 4 goals for both teams in a game...against said players former club...live on international tv.

Fair play to Laudrup for sending him out 2nd half to make amends, and for Jonjo for manning-up and getting on with it.

In the cold light of day we can't overlook the 2 big mistakes Jonjo made - and they weren't exactly out of character - but I think his redemption, and the managerial faith in him that gave him the opportunity to make amends has galvanised the team/fans, which is only good going forward.

It seems bizarre given his errors, but I get the feeling Jonjo properly became a jack tonight.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2013 23:03]

Even the bad times were good.

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 23:01 - Sep 16 with 12945 viewsGiff

i think tonight's game will help him to mature far quicker. Some of his passing this season has been poor, but what happened tonight really highlighted the problem. He will have learned so much tonight and with our support can go on and be one of our players of the season.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2013 23:02]
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 23:05 - Sep 16 with 12878 viewsmax936

He did orite, he's only 21 and he'll get better and better, I'd have put mney on him getting the winner after what had gone on previously in the game.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2013 23:09]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 23:12 - Sep 16 with 12798 viewsJokeren1943

Shelvey brings much more power into the box, something we lacked last season. Fantastic first goal.

And can<t wait for him to score from a distance.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2013 23:12]
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 23:15 - Sep 16 with 12764 viewsJokeren1943

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 23:01 - Sep 16 by Giff

i think tonight's game will help him to mature far quicker. Some of his passing this season has been poor, but what happened tonight really highlighted the problem. He will have learned so much tonight and with our support can go on and be one of our players of the season.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2013 23:02]

Most young players would have been crap if they experienced what Shelvey did in the first half.

Just showed what fantastic talent he had, just pushing on in second half (and even making an assist to Michu).
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024