Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to move back 11:38 - Sep 27 with 15473 viewsdubaistu

Whereabouts does everyone live? Where would you recommend with decent schools and nice pubs.
Time to move back on 11:41 - Sep 27 with 6423 viewskingsburyR

St Albans!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Time to move back on 11:47 - Sep 27 with 6410 viewsdubaistu

Time to move back on 11:41 - Sep 27 by kingsburyR

St Albans!

It's blooming expensive!
Time to move back on 11:55 - Sep 27 with 6390 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Leafy Surrey, somewhere south of Croydon. Great Schools, great commute, countryside on your doorstep, a short hop down to the coast and near Gatwick for your holiday as well. The journey to QPR is much improved as well.
Also, Croydon itself it about to get a facelift (long overdue before anyone else says it!!)
Time to move back on 11:55 - Sep 27 with 6389 viewsJuzzie

Twickenham/Whitton is not bad. I don't live there full time, yet (3-4 days a week).

But yes, also expensive but where isn't unless you want to move in a crime ridden area.
Time to move back on 11:56 - Sep 27 with 6381 viewsCharlie1

Time to move back on 11:55 - Sep 27 by Juzzie

Twickenham/Whitton is not bad. I don't live there full time, yet (3-4 days a week).

But yes, also expensive but where isn't unless you want to move in a crime ridden area.

Depends on what you want to spend...And what you're looking for.

We just moved. Look at Sevenoaks. Then looked further afield given the prices of Sevenoaks! Ended up near Westerham between S'oaks and Oxted.

2:59 baby!

Time to move back on 12:01 - Sep 27 with 6371 viewsRickyDicky

Mersham, nr Ashford Kent.

Close to the M20, Canterbury (20 Mins by car) and the Coast (15 mins by car), fast trains to St Pancras (35 Mins), plus 20 mins on the underground to HQ. Good schools (Primary, Grammar and Private) Great country pubs, good beer and cider and loads of totty.

(Guy just up the road from me just got back from Dubai)

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Time to move back on 12:03 - Sep 27 with 6352 viewsWokingR

Time to move back on 11:47 - Sep 27 by dubaistu

It's blooming expensive!

He says sitting in Dubai...
Time to move back on 12:10 - Sep 27 with 6339 viewsAlvarado

Time to move back on 12:03 - Sep 27 by WokingR

He says sitting in Dubai...

he won't mind anyway he'll have years of tax free earnings sitting in an offshore bank account. That's how it works when you're an ex-pat working in the Middle East.

Have you thought of Hampstead? Or perhaps Maida Vale? St John's Wood?
Login to get fewer ads

Time to move back on 12:16 - Sep 27 with 6329 viewsJuzzie

Dubaistu, I've own a nice 2 bedroom flat in Chalk Farm, NW London, that might be up for rent soon.
Haverstock School a couple of minutes walk and a couple of other schools for younger kids all 5-10 mins walk away. Pubs? Fkin' loads.

It's literally a couple of minutes walk to the tube station and plenty of buses too, off street parking (rental cost given to the freeholder but very reasonable), plenty of shops (Sainsbury's Local, Morrisons supermarket) all walking distance. Loads of day & night life with the Roundhouse, Camden Stables, Camden Market etc all a short walk away. Primrose Hill 5 mins walk, London Zoo 10-15 mins walk etc etc etc . What's not to like? :o)
[Post edited 27 Sep 2013 12:29]
Time to move back on 12:21 - Sep 27 with 6305 viewsDWQPR

Live in Milton Keynes, pubs are shite, but I don't drink much anyway, nightlife dull, but I am getting too old to bother, but it takes away an hour for northern away trips which makes the travel that much more palatable. And only 30 minutes on the train to London, which if I do drink or go out, is not too much of a problem. Housing costs are still low, still get a very nice, spacious 5 bedroom house for less than £600K and the schools are generally decent.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Time to move back on 12:30 - Sep 27 with 6284 viewsRblockPrior

Time to move back on 11:55 - Sep 27 by CroydonCaptJack

Leafy Surrey, somewhere south of Croydon. Great Schools, great commute, countryside on your doorstep, a short hop down to the coast and near Gatwick for your holiday as well. The journey to QPR is much improved as well.
Also, Croydon itself it about to get a facelift (long overdue before anyone else says it!!)

im looking to move to croydon, would you recommend then?

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Time to move back on 12:34 - Sep 27 with 6267 viewsGloucs_R

Depends what you are moving back for. I grew up in Berkshire, good schools, nice places to go and great links into London.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Time to move back on 12:36 - Sep 27 with 6260 viewsqueensparker

I've lived in Kensal Green for years. OK, a small pokey house now costs about 600 grand, the schools are rubbish, you're only ever a few yards from rampaging rudies and all the good pubs have been tarted up to appeal to t--ts, but it's only 10 mins from Loftus Road!
Time to move back on 13:03 - Sep 27 with 6215 viewsLambourn

i live in lambourn berkshire nothing here just racehorses and blooming expensive, but loved egham shepparton area. All working people no bums and good local pubs good schools and plenty of lonely minge.
Time to move back on 13:05 - Sep 27 with 6201 viewsHollowayRanger

where else could i be!!!!!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Time to move back on 13:08 - Sep 27 with 6200 viewsbaz_qpr

I live in Hampton our worse school is better than many areas best school and the pubs are fairly decent. All depends how much money you have to spend and where you work etc
Time to move back on 13:12 - Sep 27 with 6186 viewsswisscottage

Rickmansworth.

Decent pubs. Excellent schools. low crime.

40 minutes to loftus road by car and central line(west Ruislip).

5 minutes to the M25, 15 minutes into Watford for shopping centre

25 minutes into Marylebone - Rail
50 minutes into City - Metroplitan

lakes and walking trails.
Time to move back on 13:21 - Sep 27 with 6165 viewsYorkRanger

I'm guessing the edge of the North York Moors will be a bit too far from Loftus Rd......
Time to move back on 13:23 - Sep 27 with 6158 viewshopphoops

Geneva. Six quid a pint and full of frenchies. think chiswick with extra cheese.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Time to move back on 13:23 - Sep 27 with 6157 viewswombat

Time to move back on 13:12 - Sep 27 by swisscottage

Rickmansworth.

Decent pubs. Excellent schools. low crime.

40 minutes to loftus road by car and central line(west Ruislip).

5 minutes to the M25, 15 minutes into Watford for shopping centre

25 minutes into Marylebone - Rail
50 minutes into City - Metroplitan

lakes and walking trails.

hillingdon at the moment but moving to harefield pretty soon
cant bloody wait no cars bombing past my place in the early hrs no sirens or helicopters following stolen cars all night

dead end close n fields bridleways canal all within 50 yards of my front door cant bloody wait and the new next door neightbour aint bad either

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Time to move back on 13:46 - Sep 27 with 6122 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Time to move back on 12:30 - Sep 27 by RblockPrior

im looking to move to croydon, would you recommend then?

Yes, it gets a lot of bad press and was doing a lot to change the image until the riots set it back again! It is good for all those reasons I mentioned but you will beed to do a bit of research as there are a few grubby parts. Westfield are about to get planning on a huge new shopping centre though (it will be the biggest in Europe apparently) an this will trigger a whole load of development. Some of it has started already.
Time to move back on 13:46 - Sep 27 with 6118 viewsNathanNI

East Sheen – Renting,

Lovely area, but very pricey. Good schools, could do with a few better boozers to be fair,

Moving soon and won't be able to afford to buy here. Shame,
Time to move back on 13:48 - Sep 27 with 6112 viewsWokingR

Time to move back on 13:05 - Sep 27 by HollowayRanger

where else could i be!!!!!

Holloway Prison
Time to move back on 13:54 - Sep 27 with 6102 viewsderbyhoop

Derby, like most of the East Midlands, has some very good bits (the part I live in, obviously!!!) and some right dodgy bits. Some v good schools, countryside on the doorstep, a reasonable night life and good transport links.
But it's a long way from Loftus Road. Handy for away games in the North and the Midlands. Birmingham, Derby, Forest, Leicester, Doncaster, Wednesday, Huddersfield and Barnsley are all closer than LR.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Time to move back on 14:08 - Sep 27 with 6077 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Time to move back on 13:54 - Sep 27 by derbyhoop

Derby, like most of the East Midlands, has some very good bits (the part I live in, obviously!!!) and some right dodgy bits. Some v good schools, countryside on the doorstep, a reasonable night life and good transport links.
But it's a long way from Loftus Road. Handy for away games in the North and the Midlands. Birmingham, Derby, Forest, Leicester, Doncaster, Wednesday, Huddersfield and Barnsley are all closer than LR.

The Peak District is nice.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024