Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrups unorthodox ways 12:33 - Feb 9 with 31692 viewsDarran

He'd only met the club secretary 4 or 5 times in all the time he was here when most managers see her once or twice a week and he absolutely refused to give his phone number to any of the players and refused to take theirs,he told the players that if they wanted to speak to him about anything they do it in training,if it was away from training and they needed to speak to him they were to phone someone at the club and ask them to contact him. Hence he couldn't phone the up to say bye bye when he left.

Strange chap.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:36 - Feb 9 with 8901 viewsJBT95

Was an old school coach I think, nothing strange about a 49 year old guy not wanting a 19 year old's number in my opinion. Do you have your manager in work's phone number?
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:36 - Feb 9 with 8898 viewsLiberty

Another Laudrup thread from you Darr, I think you miss him.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:36 - Feb 9 with 8891 viewsSikko

You think Fergie was on SMS with the Man u players or Pellegrini now for that sake?

Small club mentality.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:38 - Feb 9 with 8855 viewsexiledclaseboy

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:36 - Feb 9 by JBT95

Was an old school coach I think, nothing strange about a 49 year old guy not wanting a 19 year old's number in my opinion. Do you have your manager in work's phone number?

I have. And all my team have got mine. This is 2014.

Poll: Tory leader

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:38 - Feb 9 with 8855 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:36 - Feb 9 by Sikko

You think Fergie was on SMS with the Man u players or Pellegrini now for that sake?

Small club mentality.

Yes I have no doubt he did.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:39 - Feb 9 with 8839 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:36 - Feb 9 by Liberty

Another Laudrup thread from you Darr, I think you miss him.

Nothing to miss.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:45 - Feb 9 with 8785 viewsLohengrin

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:38 - Feb 9 by exiledclaseboy

I have. And all my team have got mine. This is 2014.

All my team.... hark at you!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:45 - Feb 9 with 8780 viewsicecoldjack

Dont see the issue here apart from the fact that the players really did miss sucking Brendens tities..

Its night and day difference isnt it?

Laudrup just wanted to treat them like men and let them take responsibility.
Brenden liked to know how Mrs Ash williams took her coffee in the morning and what brand of coffee was it and maybe suggest a better alternitive via a personal phone call.

Brenden cared very much about them see...thats why he fooked off quicker than you can say "its all about the team"

Sometimes i do wonder about the mental capacity of professional footballers, they loved Brendens entry level management manual talk down here didnt they ?

Great coach is Brenden dont get me wrong but surely when our boys saw him playing the same tricks with the Liverpool boys the penny must have dropped ?

Laudrup was perhaps too far the other way, yet again a perfect parallel with the Sousa and Martinez dynamic .

Anyway...
Login to get fewer ads

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:47 - Feb 9 with 8742 viewsexiledclaseboy

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:45 - Feb 9 by Lohengrin

Pack it in you. I've worked long and hard to climb the slippery slope to civil service middle management mun.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:51 - Feb 9 with 8708 viewsWarwickHunt

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:45 - Feb 9 by icecoldjack

Dont see the issue here apart from the fact that the players really did miss sucking Brendens tities..

Brenden liked to know how Mrs Ash williams took her coffee in the morning and what brand of coffee was it and maybe suggest a better alternitive via a personal phone call.

Brenden cared very much about them see...thats why he fooked off quicker than you can say "its all about the team"

Sometimes i do wonder about the mental capacity of professional footballers, they loved Brendens entry level management manual talk down here didnt they ?

Great coach is Brenden dont get me wrong but surely when our boys saw him playing the same tricks with the Liverpool boys the penny must have dropped ?

Laudrup was perhaps too far the other way, yet again a perfect parallel with the Sousa and Martinez dynamic .

Anyway...

"OK Bren, I'll put your number in my iPhone if you'll stop stroking my face, you f*cking weirdo."
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:53 - Feb 9 with 8669 viewsLohengrin

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:47 - Feb 9 by exiledclaseboy

Pack it in you. I've worked long and hard to climb the slippery slope to civil service middle management mun.

I'm sure they all regard you with a kind of reverential awe. Both feared and admired in equal measure.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:54 - Feb 9 with 8657 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:51 - Feb 9 by WarwickHunt

"OK Bren, I'll put your number in my iPhone if you'll stop stroking my face, you f*cking weirdo."

I forgot about the face stroking ! our lads must have really missed it..
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:55 - Feb 9 with 8638 viewsLohengrin

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:51 - Feb 9 by WarwickHunt

Oystanin!

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:55 - Feb 9 with 8636 viewsexiledclaseboy

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:53 - Feb 9 by Lohengrin

I'm sure they all regard you with a kind of reverential awe. Both feared and admired in equal measure.

With a healthy dollop of contempt thrown in when I'm not listening, no doubt.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:57 - Feb 9 with 8615 views1jack

Anyway...

What?
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:58 - Feb 9 with 8609 viewsThaiJack

First of all can it possibly get anymore irellevant ?

ML is actually a celebrity in at least Spain and Denmark and not giving your phonenumbers to people you can not trust completely is a very bad way to protect your privacy. Why on earth would the players need to talk to him outside training anyway?
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:59 - Feb 9 with 8588 viewsDarran

Anyway...

Unfortunately it's what some players need and there's nobody better at it than Brendan Rodgers which is clearly shining through in his management.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:02 - Feb 9 with 8542 viewsDr_Winston

You can mainiain a professional distance and ensure that the players think that you give a shit about them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:02 - Feb 9 with 8542 viewsLohengrin

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:55 - Feb 9 by exiledclaseboy

With a healthy dollop of contempt thrown in when I'm not listening, no doubt.

Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:08 - Feb 9 with 8492 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:57 - Feb 9 by 1jack

What?

..Its all a bit Yesterdays news .
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:09 - Feb 9 with 8464 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:59 - Feb 9 by Darran

Unfortunately it's what some players need and there's nobody better at it than Brendan Rodgers which is clearly shining through in his management.

Some players need the managers phone number ?? nah, surely they aint that needy!
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:10 - Feb 9 with 8444 viewsTheFranchise

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:09 - Feb 9 by icecoldjack

Some players need the managers phone number ?? nah, surely they aint that needy!

Where are you from?
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:13 - Feb 9 with 8398 viewsicecoldjack

Trallwn, and you ?
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:14 - Feb 9 with 8375 viewsTheFranchise

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:13 - Feb 9 by icecoldjack

Trallwn, and you ?

Korea

Not one of our Danish followers then?
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:16 - Feb 9 with 8330 viewsSpratty

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:45 - Feb 9 by Lohengrin

Darren you have in numerous posts called Laudrup strange

In your mind is someone strange if they don't live their life according to your prescript?

To me he seemes a modest decent man who was delighted at the progress we made under him. If your look at the cup final pictures his face is absolutely bursting with pride and what you see as disinterest I see as embarrassment at a fuss - hogging the limelight was not his way, neither claiming credit for others achievements or claiming to have invented passing. When he spoke about the ex managers it was always with respect to what they had achieved and dismissing his part as tweaking despite bringing in very important players.

Is it to little to ask to afford him a bit of respect. This constant slagging off smacks of insecurity about sacking him and a need to justify it rather than it just being what it is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024