Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrups unorthodox ways 12:33 - Feb 9 with 32527 viewsDarran

He'd only met the club secretary 4 or 5 times in all the time he was here when most managers see her once or twice a week and he absolutely refused to give his phone number to any of the players and refused to take theirs,he told the players that if they wanted to speak to him about anything they do it in training,if it was away from training and they needed to speak to him they were to phone someone at the club and ask them to contact him. Hence he couldn't phone the up to say bye bye when he left.

Strange chap.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:40 - Feb 10 with 1726 viewswaynekerr55

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:16 - Feb 10 by Quientus

I think Laudrup was sacked, mainly because of the disagreements between himself and HJ ...

HJ (the board) and Laudrup were disagreeing in regards to transfers.

It was a power move by the board (HJ). The West Ham game just provided a reaonable excuse in my opinion. Had they (HJ) waited, and it turned out Swansea wasn't going to be relagated and still in contention in the FA Cup aswell as in the EL, HJ would have a difficult time justifying sacking Laudrup.

The relationship between Laudrup and HJ was bound for collision, seeing as HJ still wants to exert influence on the transfers, regardless if targets are being targetted who lies within the budget.

Laudrup as a manager wants total influence, which is (probably) why they couldn't come to terms ...(?)

If Swansea wants (truly) to rise to the "next" level, the Board (Huw Jenkins) need to realize that it will require a broader squad, and probably also a higher wagestructure ... Along with giving a possible new manager the final decision on transfers.

Unless the current constellation with "just having" a HC is what HJ (the Board) wants, that Way HJ will retain influence on transfers ...

Possibly, as I alluded to in my blog I feel there needs to be a "buffer" between the board and head coach who could quality assure what goes on and make sure that these scenarios don't arise again

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:45 - Feb 10 with 1708 viewsWarwickHunt

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:07 - Feb 10 by Darran

Magnificent post.

" I wish there was a little less sniping about Laudrup going on, but it's understandable for the flak the club are taking for sacking him and appointing Monk (compare to the reaction to Spurs sacking AVB and appointing Sherwood). "

The fact that Sherwood has been a coach at Spurs for six years might have something to do with it.

Just a guess like.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:48 - Feb 10 with 1692 viewsPlasticman

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:16 - Feb 9 by Spratty

Darren you have in numerous posts called Laudrup strange

In your mind is someone strange if they don't live their life according to your prescript?

To me he seemes a modest decent man who was delighted at the progress we made under him. If your look at the cup final pictures his face is absolutely bursting with pride and what you see as disinterest I see as embarrassment at a fuss - hogging the limelight was not his way, neither claiming credit for others achievements or claiming to have invented passing. When he spoke about the ex managers it was always with respect to what they had achieved and dismissing his part as tweaking despite bringing in very important players.

Is it to little to ask to afford him a bit of respect. This constant slagging off smacks of insecurity about sacking him and a need to justify it rather than it just being what it is.

well said

Plastic since 2012

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:52 - Feb 10 with 1676 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:48 - Feb 10 by Plasticman

well said

I'm not disrespecting him I'm saying he's a bit strange though you already know that you just can't bring yourself admit it.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:54 - Feb 10 with 1668 viewsperchrockjack

Bottom line is the Board and us have and will be there whereas LAUDRUP was merely passing through.
The Board have been,in my opinion, rather lacking in some areas but they unquestionably do things that they see as right for our club.
LAUDRUP, might have been a nice chap but he ,like all pros. will have Michael Laudrup`s interests to the fore.
They might also have stopped a terminal decline in time but it ll be conjecture over which we ll bitch-which is fine.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:56 - Feb 10 with 1665 viewswaynekerr55

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:54 - Feb 10 by perchrockjack

Bottom line is the Board and us have and will be there whereas LAUDRUP was merely passing through.
The Board have been,in my opinion, rather lacking in some areas but they unquestionably do things that they see as right for our club.
LAUDRUP, might have been a nice chap but he ,like all pros. will have Michael Laudrup`s interests to the fore.
They might also have stopped a terminal decline in time but it ll be conjecture over which we ll bitch-which is fine.

Good morning Comrade Perch. How was your weekend on the Wirral? Did you get DRENCHED?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:57 - Feb 10 with 1665 viewsPlasticman

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:38 - Feb 9 by Glyn1

No. I think that the sacked him because they looked at the tableand panicked. No-one knows of any 'major emergency'. We're about to lose four million pounds because our directors were in a collectivefunk

If you want to get theoretical about valuations, wouldn't it actually be:

Compensation to manager + release clause if another club bought (which alot of people thought would happen) ?

So it would theoretically be double the 4-5 mil in actual 'loss' compared to if they had let him stay and have another club poach him in the summer.

That's almost a new Bony, a purchase where we've already had Jenkins make the less than ambitous statement that the club would never make such a purchase again.

Makes you think.

Plastic since 2012

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:57 - Feb 10 with 1660 viewsraynor94

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 02:45 - Feb 10 by GeneralJack

It would be pathetic of the players if that's true, but beware, lots of rumours trying to dis ML being leaked out from the club. this could be another, like the one about their poor fitness levels LOL. We've been stronger than the opposition in the second half of almost every game this season.
Big John Hartson got it right on Football Focus Saturday ''I don't think the sacking was done for football reasons''
Most fans with a brain already worked it out, I first thought the timing of the sacking was really stupid, but if you think about it, the board were quite clever from one angle, bearing in mind we were to play the most important swans v scum game in the entire history of the clubs, motivation and passion was never going to be lacking in this match. so sacking him a few days before made it look like they'd made an immediate improvement. I think a lot of fans knew HJ had been itching to do this from the start of the season, after agentgate.
At least now HJ can tell GM what his paltry budget is for new players and there'll be no threat of resignation from the manager.

Paltry budget? Laudrup has had the biggest budget of any Swansea manager, and in fairness to the board when they have been asked they have stumped up, why would anything change?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:59 - Feb 10 with 1654 viewsAdmire

Why do we have to view everybody who isn't at the club as enemies?

I really don't get why we can't be thankful for what ML did while at the same time put every single ounce of our support behind Gary and the Boys.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:04 - Feb 10 with 1638 viewsperchrockjack

morning Wayne.
No ,it wasn't too bad here and I got in some good twitching time.
Croissants were lovely as was coffee and lunch.
Mightily angry with Wales and a disgusting humiliation by Ireland and a slipped out a few profanities sorry to say but it was abject and frankly professional sportsmen and managers still have the power to stagger at will. Quite what GATLAND was thinking leaving the pitiful Priestland on Lord knows. Hook definitely has done something naughty with his missus to be shunned as he is-the most creative midfield player we have. Amazing.
Our game meant a late dinner as missus watched it with me and fair to say we were both moist at the end of it all.
Missed casualty too

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:07 - Feb 10 with 1632 viewsPlasticman

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:04 - Feb 10 by JackSomething

What a load of nonsense, especially the last sentence.

Laudrup would have known the kind of money he'd have to spend here when he took the job, while we allowed him to break our transfer record 3 times in 2 years, with the last signing more than doubling our previous record!

For those 3 record signings we got a great striker who Laudrup seemed reluctant to play for a long time, a winger who is alternately brilliant, awful or injured, and a midfielder who offered nothing for a season before being bombed out of the club. Mixed results there.

I'm disappointed things worked out the way they did, thank Laudrup for bringing us our first major trophy and wish him all the best for the future. I wish there was a little less sniping about Laudrup going on, but it's understandable for the flak the club are taking for sacking him and appointing Monk (compare to the reaction to Spurs sacking AVB and appointing Sherwood).

Most fans with a brain would know that no matter how Huw may have felt about Laudrup personally, he would not take such drastic action if he didn't feel it was in the best interests of the club. If he thought that Laudrup was able to improve our form and keep us in the division, he'd still be here.

No doubt Huw has made mistakes and will continue to do so, but anonymous internet no-marks like yourself insulting his integrity is truly insignificant and pathetic.

I don't think Ki was Laudrups signing.

He never played him in his prefered position but used him more or less as backup for whatever role he might feel he could be fitted in. I think him being used as a defender at one point showed rather clearly that Laudrup rated other of the midfielders higher in the creative areas he wanted from midfielders.

Plastic since 2012

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 11:06 - Feb 10 with 1568 viewsJackSomething

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:45 - Feb 10 by WarwickHunt

" I wish there was a little less sniping about Laudrup going on, but it's understandable for the flak the club are taking for sacking him and appointing Monk (compare to the reaction to Spurs sacking AVB and appointing Sherwood). "

The fact that Sherwood has been a coach at Spurs for six years might have something to do with it.

Just a guess like.

Possibly. A fair portion of that was under 'Arry though, so how much could he possibly have learnt?

Garry has obviously had his eye on coaching/management for some time and has been learning from Martinez, Sousa, Rodgers and Laudrup. Not a terrible education.

I'm not convinced that binning Laudrup was a wise move, nor replacing him with Monk, but I do take umbrage with those who suggest the decision was made because of their relationship rather than results/performances on the pitch. No doubt they didn't get along, but I can't see Jenkins taking the risk of relegation if the change doesn't work, plus the payoff involved, just because of their problems with each other. If he thought Laudrup was going to turn things around, surely he would have waited until the summer to change things?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 11:14 - Feb 10 with 1539 viewsperchrockjack

js.Morning

We ll never know exactly but what is clear is that the Board believed that change was needed NOW and that come summer it might have been too late.
Its a big call and we pray they called it correctly.
Ideally, he should have gone last summer as surely a Chairman and Manager need a working relationship to work together. Its fair to say that they didn't have that exactly.

Laudrup isn't Bambi and is I d suggest not at all bothered apart from having his ego busted

Anyway, we move on and really should be having this dialogue

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 11:17 - Feb 10 with 1539 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 11:14 - Feb 10 by perchrockjack

js.Morning

We ll never know exactly but what is clear is that the Board believed that change was needed NOW and that come summer it might have been too late.
Its a big call and we pray they called it correctly.
Ideally, he should have gone last summer as surely a Chairman and Manager need a working relationship to work together. Its fair to say that they didn't have that exactly.

Laudrup isn't Bambi and is I d suggest not at all bothered apart from having his ego busted

Anyway, we move on and really should be having this dialogue

Last summer?
Kin hell mun.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 11:17 - Feb 10 with 1539 views2face

If fitness leves really were as bad as rumored, Monk probably wouldn't have been able to turn it around in less than a week.

IMO that leaves only one explanation left. Laudrup mainly had problems motivating and tactically prepare the team.

He would probably do himself a favour by changing some of his philosophies about management. Especially the belief he has that the players should motivate themselves.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 11:34 - Feb 10 with 1509 viewsharemscarem

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:39 - Feb 9 by Darran

Nothing to miss.

Nothing to miss? So he has done nothing good for Swansea? I really don't get You. It is not black or white. For instance Laudrup should not have gone to Paris, but when it comes to his relationship with the players, what do we really know about that? There are also other good coaches when they train. It should not be a problem getting motivated.

Anyway I just don't get your stupid comment.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 11:38 - Feb 10 with 1499 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 11:34 - Feb 10 by haremscarem

Nothing to miss? So he has done nothing good for Swansea? I really don't get You. It is not black or white. For instance Laudrup should not have gone to Paris, but when it comes to his relationship with the players, what do we really know about that? There are also other good coaches when they train. It should not be a problem getting motivated.

Anyway I just don't get your stupid comment.

Oh grow a pair FFS,hopefully he'll get a job soon and you can support his team again.
Honestly grown men crying.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 11:57 - Feb 10 with 1470 viewsjeza739

The time was right for ML to go. £5m or whatever the compo will be is small fry when compared to the cost of relegation, you can add 0's onto it! Also we can forget any ground extension if we go down, and make no mistake that's where we heading,wake up and smell the coffee. I said that after the first derby defeat, it was obvious. I have total respect for ML for what we achieved last year (as I also have for what Sousa also brought us) however I feel both as personalities may not have been right for us in the long term. We are quite unique as a club in many respects. RM and BR pos suited as better and no doubt the squad were happier. GM knows this club,this squad inside out and it shows already. A happy,motivated workforce are generally a successful work force, regardless of the occupation.
Yes its early days,but the signs are very promising,on and off the field. Let's get behind HJ the board,GM and the squad (as we all did Sat) coz HJ has yet to let us down.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:03 - Feb 10 with 1460 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 11:57 - Feb 10 by jeza739

The time was right for ML to go. £5m or whatever the compo will be is small fry when compared to the cost of relegation, you can add 0's onto it! Also we can forget any ground extension if we go down, and make no mistake that's where we heading,wake up and smell the coffee. I said that after the first derby defeat, it was obvious. I have total respect for ML for what we achieved last year (as I also have for what Sousa also brought us) however I feel both as personalities may not have been right for us in the long term. We are quite unique as a club in many respects. RM and BR pos suited as better and no doubt the squad were happier. GM knows this club,this squad inside out and it shows already. A happy,motivated workforce are generally a successful work force, regardless of the occupation.
Yes its early days,but the signs are very promising,on and off the field. Let's get behind HJ the board,GM and the squad (as we all did Sat) coz HJ has yet to let us down.

Great post.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:27 - Feb 10 with 1416 viewsbluenile

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:07 - Feb 10 by Darran

Magnificent post.

Agree 100%.....post of the month!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:17 - Feb 10 with 1359 viewsharemscarem

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 11:38 - Feb 10 by Darran

Oh grow a pair FFS,hopefully he'll get a job soon and you can support his team again.
Honestly grown men crying.

Who is crying? Who started this thread? You needed to critisice Laudrup. You can’t handle when someone answers back.

Why do You so badly want us danes to go? I think You are crying again now.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:18 - Feb 10 with 1353 viewsharemscarem

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:48 - Feb 10 by Plasticman

well said

I agree!

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:27 - Feb 10 with 1335 viewsPlasticman

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:03 - Feb 10 by Darran

Great post.

Not really, since I doubt (as do alot of others) that relegation was ever a real worry except for in the minds of the panick-striken.

Plastic since 2012

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:57 - Feb 10 with 1292 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:17 - Feb 10 by haremscarem

Who is crying? Who started this thread? You needed to critisice Laudrup. You can’t handle when someone answers back.

Why do You so badly want us danes to go? I think You are crying again now.

I don't want you to go and there's absolutely no doubt you know deep down what I said in this thread is true just quit with the woeful whimpering you sound like a f*cking old woman.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 14:05 - Feb 10 with 1278 viewsharemscarem

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:57 - Feb 10 by Darran

I don't want you to go and there's absolutely no doubt you know deep down what I said in this thread is true just quit with the woeful whimpering you sound like a f*cking old woman.

My opinion is that a lot of the critique is unfair. That is an opinion, not whimpering. Just let it go. We see things differently.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024