Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrups unorthodox ways 12:33 - Feb 9 with 31713 viewsDarran

He'd only met the club secretary 4 or 5 times in all the time he was here when most managers see her once or twice a week and he absolutely refused to give his phone number to any of the players and refused to take theirs,he told the players that if they wanted to speak to him about anything they do it in training,if it was away from training and they needed to speak to him they were to phone someone at the club and ask them to contact him. Hence he couldn't phone the up to say bye bye when he left.

Strange chap.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:25 - Feb 9 with 2047 viewsOdgaard

I know that Laudrup trained a guy Thomas Kahlenberg, who was the star of the Brondby team. He was asked of a reporter, how his relationsship was with ML, and hi said, well i had him in tree years, and newer spoke a word with him :)

I think its safe to say that Laudrup never socialize with his players.

And I HJ means that ML breaks down the principles of the Swansea Way, its might could be the Family way to more distance...
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:26 - Feb 9 with 2042 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:25 - Feb 9 by Odgaard

I know that Laudrup trained a guy Thomas Kahlenberg, who was the star of the Brondby team. He was asked of a reporter, how his relationsship was with ML, and hi said, well i had him in tree years, and newer spoke a word with him :)

I think its safe to say that Laudrup never socialize with his players.

And I HJ means that ML breaks down the principles of the Swansea Way, its might could be the Family way to more distance...

Very odd fellow.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:34 - Feb 9 with 2005 viewsOdgaard

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:26 - Feb 9 by Darran

Very odd fellow.

Yeah, but look which coaches ML did have in his time as a player, there is a some f*cked up people..

There was a Italian Coach who want every player to eat a Egg after they had masturbated. So before a Game; ML was given 13 Eggs because the Coach was Certain that he had masturbated like crazy...

I think when you have been such a great player, you will have distance to everything after that.. take a look at Messi, i dont think he is normal..
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:40 - Feb 9 with 1970 viewsSpratty

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:26 - Feb 9 by Darran

Very odd fellow.

True you are Darran, but we have grown used to your foibles
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:41 - Feb 9 with 1963 viewsOdgaard

Fabio Capello have newer socialized or have a personnel conversations with the players.

Its not always a bad thing, because its makes the decisions between players easier.. You should see the Movie Moneyball and Brad Pitts relationsship to players.. (true story of Oakland baseball team)
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:42 - Feb 9 with 1953 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:34 - Feb 9 by Odgaard

Yeah, but look which coaches ML did have in his time as a player, there is a some f*cked up people..

There was a Italian Coach who want every player to eat a Egg after they had masturbated. So before a Game; ML was given 13 Eggs because the Coach was Certain that he had masturbated like crazy...

I think when you have been such a great player, you will have distance to everything after that.. take a look at Messi, i dont think he is normal..

Bit of a w*nker too.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:46 - Feb 9 with 1933 viewsOdgaard

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:42 - Feb 9 by Darran

Bit of a w*nker too.

Maybe, but he still won the CC Cup and improved the squad a lot. Without spending a fortune..
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:56 - Feb 9 with 1902 viewsicecoldjack

There is no right or wrong way really. Laudrup won us our only major trophy in 100 yrs by not being mates with the players .

So what? it may not be the Swansea way but its a way that works everywhere else, maybe in a few years when the players have grown up a bit we can go far another high profile player that likes to keep a distance/buisness relationship !

The big problem here wasnt with Laudrup and the players but with Laudrup and the Chairman. Thats my view anyway..
Login to get fewer ads

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:59 - Feb 9 with 1885 viewsPhil_S

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:56 - Feb 9 by icecoldjack

There is no right or wrong way really. Laudrup won us our only major trophy in 100 yrs by not being mates with the players .

So what? it may not be the Swansea way but its a way that works everywhere else, maybe in a few years when the players have grown up a bit we can go far another high profile player that likes to keep a distance/buisness relationship !

The big problem here wasnt with Laudrup and the players but with Laudrup and the Chairman. Thats my view anyway..

As with any manager leaving particularly those that are sacked we are just rewriting history at times too?

Laudrup took this club on from where Brendan left it and progressed as (as did Flynn, Jackett, Martinez, Sousa and Rodgers before him) we can now hope that Monk does the same and on yesterday's showing he has certainly got off to a flyer.

One thing I passed onto the club via the Trust this week was that I hoped that we wouldn't get involved in mud slinging but I suspect that was inevitable with appropriate leaks

Laudrup won us our first major trophy and we thank him for that - now let's look forward rather than dissing everything that actually happened
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:02 - Feb 9 with 1866 viewsOdgaard

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:59 - Feb 9 by Phil_S

As with any manager leaving particularly those that are sacked we are just rewriting history at times too?

Laudrup took this club on from where Brendan left it and progressed as (as did Flynn, Jackett, Martinez, Sousa and Rodgers before him) we can now hope that Monk does the same and on yesterday's showing he has certainly got off to a flyer.

One thing I passed onto the club via the Trust this week was that I hoped that we wouldn't get involved in mud slinging but I suspect that was inevitable with appropriate leaks

Laudrup won us our first major trophy and we thank him for that - now let's look forward rather than dissing everything that actually happened

Good post :) i agree
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:03 - Feb 9 with 1861 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:02 - Feb 9 by Odgaard

Good post :) i agree

Me too I've already forgotten about him.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:11 - Feb 9 with 1835 viewsSpratty

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:03 - Feb 9 by Darran

Me too I've already forgotten about him.

Except for the photos
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:17 - Feb 9 with 1807 viewsymaohyd

A true enigma, who's enigmatic ways were appealing when we were winning (Who needs Brendon, who let alone kissed the blarney stone but swallowed it whole, when you have super cool Mike), but far less appealing when we've been showing relegation form for a year (why doesn't he show more emotion etc, etc)

Looking back to the McEnroe, Borg days It's hard to believe that good old John became a respected BBC pundit with Sue and the gang and poor old Bjorn turned out to be a bit of a nutter!

Not that I'm making a comparison and suggesting that Mikey was a bit of a nutter or that he's a bad person or bad coach given that he's left all his previous clubs (as a manager) under bitter circumstances.

Equally though I don't quite buy the outcry by media pundits or by Mikey himself in true Oliver-esq style...'Please sir why have you sacked me'.

What I was told after a few weeks of him being in charge, it was doomed to end in tears. Why the board went with another European footballing aristocrat after the trials and tribulations of Sousa I don't understand. Huw was obviously seduced by Mike's, Borg like cool exterior with floppy hair to match. It was good while it lasted, thanks for the memories but I hate to say it good riddance.

As a parting shot though the enigma continues, as I could say 'hope the board don't make that mistake again'..mistake? A manager who won us our one and only trophy!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:20 - Feb 9 with 1796 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:17 - Feb 9 by ymaohyd

A true enigma, who's enigmatic ways were appealing when we were winning (Who needs Brendon, who let alone kissed the blarney stone but swallowed it whole, when you have super cool Mike), but far less appealing when we've been showing relegation form for a year (why doesn't he show more emotion etc, etc)

Looking back to the McEnroe, Borg days It's hard to believe that good old John became a respected BBC pundit with Sue and the gang and poor old Bjorn turned out to be a bit of a nutter!

Not that I'm making a comparison and suggesting that Mikey was a bit of a nutter or that he's a bad person or bad coach given that he's left all his previous clubs (as a manager) under bitter circumstances.

Equally though I don't quite buy the outcry by media pundits or by Mikey himself in true Oliver-esq style...'Please sir why have you sacked me'.

What I was told after a few weeks of him being in charge, it was doomed to end in tears. Why the board went with another European footballing aristocrat after the trials and tribulations of Sousa I don't understand. Huw was obviously seduced by Mike's, Borg like cool exterior with floppy hair to match. It was good while it lasted, thanks for the memories but I hate to say it good riddance.

As a parting shot though the enigma continues, as I could say 'hope the board don't make that mistake again'..mistake? A manager who won us our one and only trophy!

Bjorn makes knickers mun.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:27 - Feb 9 with 1771 viewsRogueTrooper

The last thing I'd want is my boss phoning me up when I'm trying to bang one out to youjizz

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:28 - Feb 9 with 1765 viewsymaohyd

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:20 - Feb 9 by Darran

Bjorn makes knickers mun.

Yes and apparently shoes and socks as well with free shipping! I take it back.

Perhaps that's Mike's new direction in life.. 'Laudrup's panties'..a seductive tease for Valentines day, a slow, sexy build up ideal for foreplay but ultimately leading to poor penetration!

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:29 - Feb 9 with 1765 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:28 - Feb 9 by ymaohyd

Yes and apparently shoes and socks as well with free shipping! I take it back.

Perhaps that's Mike's new direction in life.. 'Laudrup's panties'..a seductive tease for Valentines day, a slow, sexy build up ideal for foreplay but ultimately leading to poor penetration!

Hehe.

http://www.bjornborg.com/uk/

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:31 - Feb 9 with 1758 viewsStarsky

That maybe your view as per others on here with their 'views'. The fact is none of us know why he was sacked so abruptly. So lets cut the board some slack. They ain't got much wrong in the last 10 years.

It's just the internet, init.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:32 - Feb 9 with 1750 viewsDavillin

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:46 - Feb 9 by Spratty

Excellent knowing your faults is a great step forward - well done

ML certainly seemed very personable, patient, friendly and gently humerous in that supporters meeting which was fairly intimate. In fact Huw came over at that meeting as a bit prickly about Bony (our now hero) but that doesn't make him a bad person. Laudrup was almost universally similarly admired for his honest straightforward personable interviews during his time as our manager. Possibly mass hypnosis?

Just because people value their family life and perhaps get a bit fed up being treated like a show pony (come and see Laudrup the legend) when they just want to get on with their job in a modest way. It does not make them strange (in fact pretty decent balanced people in my eyes).

I image Huw and Laudrup are both very determined people who want to do things in their own way.

Respectfully, the world - especially in the public eye - is overrun with people who appear to be "very personable, patient, friendly,and gently humerous [sic]," but are the opposite.

I could name some very famous persons who fit that description, but I won't, in case I name someone anyone on here thinks is "very personable, patient, friendly and gently humerous."

Start with the world of politics, then move to any other people in the public eye, like the Arts, like sports, like football!

Friends, neighbors, and relatives of mass murderers always express utter shock when they learn what they did - not him, he's too very personable, patient, friendly and gently humerous, or whatever.

[Disclaimer: I have no idea whatsoever what kind of person Laudrup is. Just putting the discussion into the perspective of a lifetime of experience.]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:35 - Feb 9 with 1740 viewsjamiewales

"He'd only met the club secretary 4 or 5 times in all the time he was here when most managers see her once or twice a week and he absolutely refused to give his phone number to any of the players and refused to take theirs,he told the players that if they wanted to speak to him about anything they do it in training,if it was away from training and they needed to speak to him they were to phone someone at the club and ask them to contact him. Hence he couldn't phone the up to say bye bye when he left."

He also didn't train the players hard enough in training and that`s coming from a player!
[Post edited 9 Feb 2014 18:36]
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:37 - Feb 9 with 1716 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Didn't his daughter tweet something Tutumulu style? He's as guilty as anyone.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:39 - Feb 9 with 1702 views2face

This thread is starting to show some potential
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:42 - Feb 9 with 1677 viewsymaohyd

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:32 - Feb 9 by Davillin

Respectfully, the world - especially in the public eye - is overrun with people who appear to be "very personable, patient, friendly,and gently humerous [sic]," but are the opposite.

I could name some very famous persons who fit that description, but I won't, in case I name someone anyone on here thinks is "very personable, patient, friendly and gently humerous."

Start with the world of politics, then move to any other people in the public eye, like the Arts, like sports, like football!

Friends, neighbors, and relatives of mass murderers always express utter shock when they learn what they did - not him, he's too very personable, patient, friendly and gently humerous, or whatever.

[Disclaimer: I have no idea whatsoever what kind of person Laudrup is. Just putting the discussion into the perspective of a lifetime of experience.]

Indeed. Jokes aside I'd like to give Michael Laudrup the respect he deserves for being a brilliant player, good coach and good guy. That said for those who are dumbfounded at his sacking I would ask them to keep a certain amount of perspective by considering that he's left all his management positions under a cloud, was there allegedly a warrant for his arrest in Holland for tax evasion? And we can all be judged by the friends we keep, does old Bayrum seem like someone you'd buy a second hand car off?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:48 - Feb 9 with 1649 viewsicecoldjack

I Agree with those comments, sometimes we need to look at the good things Laudrup left us, ive said many times in the past that we will apreiciate him more as time passes .

For a spell,he was producing the best football ive ever seen anyone produce , some of our play was truely breath taking, time to move on i know but for me he will always be welcome at the Liberty and i hope that one day he gets proper thanks for what he acheived here .
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:50 - Feb 9 with 1631 viewsDavillin

I speak here about your first sentence only.

1. Laudrup did not "win us our only major trophy in 100 years." The players did. I'm sure that Laudrup contributed to the win, but he does not get all of the credit.

2. Assuming for the sake of argument that Laudrup did win it, he did not win it "by not being mates with the players."

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024