Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid 19:21 - Feb 19 with 13318 viewsElHoop

This isn't going to be a pleasant night for Milan.
Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 14:19 - Feb 20 with 1135 viewstoboboly

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 14:00 - Feb 20 by essextaxiboy

it isnt.

Then please explain because it threw me

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 14:29 - Feb 20 with 1118 viewsessextaxiboy

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 14:19 - Feb 20 by toboboly

Then please explain because it threw me

His whole USP is about running the game .

Gary O Neill has a fraction of Adels talent ,

Of course he may win the game through a bit of genius.

These three sentences were in my post. I was trying to point out that a manager may(and usually do) trust a player who will carry out instructions to the letter against a far stronger team rather than a maverick ... I didnt say that was my personal opinion at all .
Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 14:36 - Feb 20 with 1107 viewstoboboly

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 14:29 - Feb 20 by essextaxiboy

His whole USP is about running the game .

Gary O Neill has a fraction of Adels talent ,

Of course he may win the game through a bit of genius.

These three sentences were in my post. I was trying to point out that a manager may(and usually do) trust a player who will carry out instructions to the letter against a far stronger team rather than a maverick ... I didnt say that was my personal opinion at all .

Ok, well last time Adel was at this level he tore the fabric of time he was so good. If 'Arry cannot see that and can't give the required effort to coach him then he shouldn't be a manager any more.

A two year old could work out that Adel is more likely to get you a win than O'Neil and others and also he is far better to watch (and I was at Hull away that time!).

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 14:53 - Feb 20 with 1076 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

Oh, for crying out loud!

You lot have now spent 6 pages of thread, bleating on about the merits of a player who:

a) Probably will never play for you ever again and
b) Doesn't seem to give much of a sh*t about your club anyway.

Meanwhile, you have a squad of players who DO actually want to play for your club and get it (& themselves) back into top flight football but, for various reasons, are having a bad time of it, at the moment.

Am I missing something here? I thought 'supporters' were supposed to support the players they've got - not the ones who don't matter anymore?

I await the news that I have broken the LFW 'down arrow' record! Go for your lives!!!
Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 14:58 - Feb 20 with 1056 viewstoboboly

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 14:53 - Feb 20 by OnlyHereForTheNiko

Oh, for crying out loud!

You lot have now spent 6 pages of thread, bleating on about the merits of a player who:

Meanwhile, you have a squad of players who DO actually want to play for your club and get it (& themselves) back into top flight football but, for various reasons, are having a bad time of it, at the moment.

Am I missing something here? I thought 'supporters' were supposed to support the players they've got - not the ones who don't matter anymore?

I await the news that I have broken the LFW 'down arrow' record! Go for your lives!!!

The problem is that when you replace a Ferrari with a Morris Minor it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 15:06 - Feb 20 with 1036 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 14:58 - Feb 20 by toboboly

The problem is that when you replace a Ferrari with a Morris Minor it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

So, go suck a boiled sweet, to help to take the bad taste away.

And then, support your team!

Or else, go watch AC Milan & join their forum with the user name 'Only Here For The Adel'?
Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 15:07 - Feb 20 with 1025 viewsShotKneesHoop

"Meanwhile, you have a squad of players who DO actually want to play for your club and get it (& themselves) back into top flight football but, for various reasons, are having a bad time of it, at the moment"

I wish I could agree - most of them give the impression they's rather not be here. I reckon there's less than five who play each week who actually give a toss. Clint Hill is one who always tries his best, even Traore is trying hard now. Most of the loanees (perm any 5 out of 11 for each game) ponce about, trying to make themselves look good to the detriment of the team.

There is a massive rebuilding job required, if we do get into the Prem, I dread to think of the mercenaries who will be recruited. Most people hunger for the Warnock days when we had a team that played as a team, even Adel knew that.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2014 15:08]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 15:22 - Feb 20 with 997 viewstoboboly

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 15:06 - Feb 20 by OnlyHereForTheNiko

So, go suck a boiled sweet, to help to take the bad taste away.

And then, support your team!

Or else, go watch AC Milan & join their forum with the user name 'Only Here For The Adel'?

Ive seen Inter at the San Siro this season, does that count? I have been to far too many QPR games this season. I will support them, but I will also criticise what I see as the indemic failures at the club.

Login to get fewer ads

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 15:23 - Feb 20 with 993 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

And there you go!

"I wish I could agree - most of them give the IMPRESSION they's rather not be here. I reckon there's less than have who play each week actually give a toss. Clint Hill is one who always tries his best, even Traore is trying hard now. Most of the loanees (perm any 5 out of 11 for each game) ponce about, trying to make themselves look good to the detriment of the team."

"GIVE THE IMPRESSION THEY'D RATHER NOT BE HERE". You don't actually know what any of them are thinking. You assume they can't be arsed. And, frankly, who could blame them for not wanting to be there, when all they get is constant abuse & insults from their so-called fans? I'm sure hearing the words: "EKOTTO, you're sh*t" really inspire BAE to pick up his game and work harder.

"THE LOANEES PONCE ABOUT, TRYING TO MAKE THEMSELVES LOOK GOOD"
Really? I've watched one of your loanees, in two consecutive games, hammering the ball into the advertising hoardings, such was his frustration that everything he was trying to do (for the good of the team) wasn't coming off.

The very meaning of the word 'support' is 'to get behind someone and aid their cause'. Wouldn't it be better to invest your energies in doing that, rather than crying over some sour & spilt milk in the form of Taarabt?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2014 15:24]
Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 15:23 - Feb 20 with 988 viewsBluce_Ree

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 15:22 - Feb 20 by toboboly

Ive seen Inter at the San Siro this season, does that count? I have been to far too many QPR games this season. I will support them, but I will also criticise what I see as the indemic failures at the club.

Ha! This thread = pure bumf*ckery.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 15:28 - Feb 20 with 972 viewsdolcelatte

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 14:53 - Feb 20 by OnlyHereForTheNiko

Oh, for crying out loud!

This.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 15:29 - Feb 20 with 969 viewssix_foot_two

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 15:23 - Feb 20 by OnlyHereForTheNiko

And there you go!

"I wish I could agree - most of them give the IMPRESSION they's rather not be here. I reckon there's less than have who play each week actually give a toss. Clint Hill is one who always tries his best, even Traore is trying hard now. Most of the loanees (perm any 5 out of 11 for each game) ponce about, trying to make themselves look good to the detriment of the team."

"GIVE THE IMPRESSION THEY'D RATHER NOT BE HERE". You don't actually know what any of them are thinking. You assume they can't be arsed. And, frankly, who could blame them for not wanting to be there, when all they get is constant abuse & insults from their so-called fans? I'm sure hearing the words: "EKOTTO, you're sh*t" really inspire BAE to pick up his game and work harder.

"THE LOANEES PONCE ABOUT, TRYING TO MAKE THEMSELVES LOOK GOOD"
Really? I've watched one of your loanees, in two consecutive games, hammering the ball into the advertising hoardings, such was his frustration that everything he was trying to do (for the good of the team) wasn't coming off.

The very meaning of the word 'support' is 'to get behind someone and aid their cause'. Wouldn't it be better to invest your energies in doing that, rather than crying over some sour & spilt milk in the form of Taarabt?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2014 15:24]

I think you will find the SKH has never posted anything in "support" of his team.
Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 15:38 - Feb 20 with 937 viewsQPunkR

Niko, although I'm certain you could enlighten us for hours on the best ways to stalk someone, I'm not sure anyone should necessarily be taking your advice on being a fan of QPR

QPR - "shit but local"

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 15:47 - Feb 20 with 922 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 15:38 - Feb 20 by QPunkR

Niko, although I'm certain you could enlighten us for hours on the best ways to stalk someone, I'm not sure anyone should necessarily be taking your advice on being a fan of QPR

I'm not ASKING anyone to take my advice.

Just saying what I think!

It's a forum for opinions, isn't it?
Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 15:48 - Feb 20 with 917 viewstoboboly

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 15:47 - Feb 20 by OnlyHereForTheNiko

I'm not ASKING anyone to take my advice.

Just saying what I think!

It's a forum for opinions, isn't it?

Apparently not if you don't agree about Adel

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 15:55 - Feb 20 with 886 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 15:48 - Feb 20 by toboboly

Apparently not if you don't agree about Adel

That statement doesn't even make sense .... but I'm past caring!
Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 16:10 - Feb 20 with 851 viewsShotKneesHoop

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 15:29 - Feb 20 by six_foot_two

I think you will find the SKH has never posted anything in "support" of his team.

Then you've missed all my eulogies about Austin, Taraabt, Derry, Hill, Mackie, Lazarus, Bedford, Francis, Clements, Langley, Marsh, Bowles, Thomas, Parkes, Gallen, Ainsworth, Clarke, Sir Alec....... need I go on?

It's very hard to stay positive about the performance and attitude of the current lot in comparison to those players and teams of the past.

When you watch the way Burnley, Leicester, and Reading approach the game you can see the difference in attitudes between them and us.

Most of it is down to team spirit, you can't get that on loan, you have to be here for the long haul.

Or maybe you are a "my team, right or wrong merchant". As Danny Blanchflower once said, "it's not about the winning, it's about the glory of how you play" - I'd rather be in his camp than yours.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2014 16:12]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 16:25 - Feb 20 with 830 viewsRblockPrior

Oh, for crying out loud!

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 16:58 - Feb 20 with 796 viewsisawqpratwcity

Oh, for crying out loud!

Get in the queue.

You're not even close.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2014 16:59]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 17:09 - Feb 20 with 780 views08olesen

He seems to care about taking care of the ball a lot more in milan, maybe its because he think he needs to do everythink at QPR. Hope he comes back a better player for it

Poll: Who will the other play off

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 17:26 - Feb 20 with 756 viewsJamie

Oh, for crying out loud!

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 17:27 - Feb 20 with 757 viewsted_hendrix

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 12:23 - Feb 20 by stansleftfoot

It's not the rule that special footballers are difficult characters, Eusbio, Pele, Garrincha, and many. many more have been settled,calm, brilliant, innovative , and creative Footballers.
Much of peoples character will come from background and life circumstances.
Equally Jimmy Greaves came to English Football as a player of genius but Alf Ramsey may have turned an already heavy drinker into an alcoholic.
How Warnocks management of Taarabt differed from Hughes or Redknapps we will only know from their self-serving biographies?
I'm just grateful I've seen AT in QPR colours. His performances match all of our own wayward legends. Marsh was a vindictive, nasty piece of work who sulked on the pitch, he carried weight, and would leave his foot in, but he could also light up a West London day or evening with skill and impudence unseen anywhere in England and possibly Europe. Loftus Road would just stand up,laugh and cheer.
Adel Tarrabt has that skill in trumps, and I frankly think it's a sad state of affairs that this discussion should even be attempting to make comparisons or valued judgements of him.
He needs professional, caring and sustained help and assistance. QPR and Harry Redknapp have failed in their duty and diligence in relation to the player, who is still only 24 years old, I hope somebody, maybe Seedorf, can harness the genius and give the Lad a stage on which he can perform. I will watch Adel Taarabt given any opportunity, there have been games this season that Harry Redknapps QPR haven't been worth a dime of my attention, sadly that could easily continue for another 16 games.
Adel Taarabt stands for the future and hope, Harry Redknapp stands for a lack of professionalism, self-interest, glib media sound bites, a lack of coaching and professional insight, and jobs for the boys.
I frankly have no problem with Adel saying he doesn't want to play for QPR, his life is too short, and he can't wait until he's thirty for the Club to get sorted out, it could easily take that long!

*** Marsh was a vindictive, nasty piece of work who sulked on the pitch, he carried weight, and would leave his foot in, but he could also light up a West London day or evening with skill and impudence unseen anywhere in England and possibly Europe. Loftus Road would just stand up,laugh and cheer. ***

Before the game against Reading I was discussing Rodney Marsh at the ground with one of the lads on here and I had no qualms about naming him as our most skilful player ever even better than Stan, I'm not sure about him being a vindictive nasty piece of work though? I remember Marsh having the ability to turn a lost game on Its head and come up with some utter magic and get Rangers the required win.

As for AT as I posted earlier last night 'I hope he does well' and the bits of the game I watched he did.

How can one player cause so much debate though?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 17:32 - Feb 20 with 746 viewsRblockPrior

People need to realise he is not coming back! He is QPR history now can we look to the future please and stop banging on about a player who helped win promotion but failed to hit the heights in the Premier league

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 17:42 - Feb 20 with 734 viewsconnell10

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 00:38 - Feb 20 by RangersAreBack

No comparison between the two.

of course there is!!!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 17:45 - Feb 20 with 732 viewsTW_R

Adel starting for Milan v Atletico Madrid on 00:42 - Feb 20 by RangersAreBack

If the Milan fans are anything like some on here he can satisfy them with a few tricks and flicks. Effort, teamwork and profesionalism will be totally overlooked.

If the Milan fans are anything like some on here they're a right bunch of tw@ts.

Skill, vision, control, goal-scoring, creation of goal-scoring chances and ability to create something out of nothing will be totally overlooked.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024