Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR fans sitting down away from home 21:52 - Mar 11 with 4381 viewsDieByYourSide

Not being funny but we are one of very, very few sets of fans where the majority sit down at away games. I *know* there are old people/young people/people who can't stand for 90 minutes, but surely such people follow all the other club's that stand at away games and manage to make do?

Really kills the buzz of an away game, makes for a very docile and boring day out IN MY OPINION...

Poll: And it's hi ho

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 21:57 - Mar 11 with 3285 viewsHollowayRanger

how many times have QPR away from home got the fans up on their feet apart to walk out

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 21:58 - Mar 11 with 3278 viewsDieByYourSide

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 21:57 - Mar 11 by HollowayRanger

how many times have QPR away from home got the fans up on their feet apart to walk out

You'll have more of a laugh (which is what the away day is meant to be all about?) regardless of the performance if everyone's standing up and wants to create a good atmosphere.

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 22:47 - Mar 11 with 3155 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 21:58 - Mar 11 by DieByYourSide

You'll have more of a laugh (which is what the away day is meant to be all about?) regardless of the performance if everyone's standing up and wants to create a good atmosphere.

SIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNN

Bare bones.

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 22:50 - Mar 11 with 3144 viewsdaveB

makes no difference to the atmosphere if you sit or stand, standing by your seat has only become fashionable in the last 3/4 years, was never an issue in the holloway years and a much netter atmosphere which was probably due to the team we had
QPR fans sitting down away from home on 00:03 - Mar 12 with 3009 viewsDieByYourSide

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 22:50 - Mar 11 by daveB

makes no difference to the atmosphere if you sit or stand, standing by your seat has only become fashionable in the last 3/4 years, was never an issue in the holloway years and a much netter atmosphere which was probably due to the team we had

Atmosphere certainly not what it was...sounds like our fans were in-fighting again from reports on Twitter

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 09:29 - Mar 12 with 2847 viewsoohmewhisky

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 00:03 - Mar 12 by DieByYourSide

Atmosphere certainly not what it was...sounds like our fans were in-fighting again from reports on Twitter

anyone know what was kicking off at the back? couldn't see from where I was but just heard someone shout 'go on, lamp 'im!'. not sure if it was in-fighting or what.
QPR fans sitting down away from home on 09:50 - Mar 12 with 2799 viewsbatmanhoop

got to give the fans something to cheer about
QPR fans sitting down away from home on 09:56 - Mar 12 with 2769 viewssimmo

Really kills the buzz of an away game, makes for a very docile and boring day out - WHEN YOU WATCH THIS TEAM PLAY.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 10:14 - Mar 12 with 2708 viewsHantsR

Brighton fans never, or can't sit down do they? (allegedly)
QPR fans sitting down away from home on 10:20 - Mar 12 with 2683 viewswillis1980

the argument that sitting does not impact the atmosphere is absolute bobbins. i had to sit in the front rows last night, felt like I was chanting on my own for most of the match. the stmosphere has been poor everytime ive been surrounded people sitting.

youll find this is the case most grounds you go to, seated areas are quiet whereas standing areas have atmosphere etc.
QPR fans sitting down away from home on 10:33 - Mar 12 with 2660 viewsdaveB

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 10:20 - Mar 12 by willis1980

the argument that sitting does not impact the atmosphere is absolute bobbins. i had to sit in the front rows last night, felt like I was chanting on my own for most of the match. the stmosphere has been poor everytime ive been surrounded people sitting.

youll find this is the case most grounds you go to, seated areas are quiet whereas standing areas have atmosphere etc.

I never understand why people pay over 30 quid for a seat then moan that they have to sit on it. Not everyone wants to stand up for various reasons and when someone at the front stands it just causes arguments further back when no one can see and that affects the atmosphere more imo. The last few years at places like Liverpool, Palace and Norwich fans spent more time arguing about sitting down and standing up than they did cheering the team on.

Anyway it is possible to sing whilst sitting down, Westlife made a career out of it.
QPR fans sitting down away from home on 10:38 - Mar 12 with 2651 viewsilovegambling

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 21:58 - Mar 11 by DieByYourSide

me my brother andf pal will stand up infront of you next time im 6'4 he is 6'8 and palis 6'7 let me know where your seat is that will kill the atmosphere for you dickhead.
QPR fans sitting down away from home on 10:49 - Mar 12 with 2633 viewswillis1980

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 10:33 - Mar 12 by daveB

I never understand why people pay over 30 quid for a seat then moan that they have to sit on it. Not everyone wants to stand up for various reasons and when someone at the front stands it just causes arguments further back when no one can see and that affects the atmosphere more imo. The last few years at places like Liverpool, Palace and Norwich fans spent more time arguing about sitting down and standing up than they did cheering the team on.

Anyway it is possible to sing whilst sitting down, Westlife made a career out of it.

westlife comment had me piss myself

i completely understand that people want to sit and are free to do so, i just dont agree with people that way it doesnt have an impact of the atmosphere. i imagine it to be like going on a stag do with the wife to be present.
QPR fans sitting down away from home on 10:51 - Mar 12 with 2630 viewssimmo

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 10:38 - Mar 12 by ilovegambling

me my brother andf pal will stand up infront of you next time im 6'4 he is 6'8 and palis 6'7 let me know where your seat is that will kill the atmosphere for you dickhead.

I think you'll probably block his view mate.

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 10:56 - Mar 12 with 2609 viewsQPunkR

Handbags alert!

QPR - "shit but local"

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 11:00 - Mar 12 with 2603 viewstoboboly

I was in the front rows last night and am 6'2". I can appreciate why my standing would piss people off.

The amount of times people are told to sit down and then other people taking offence and fighting with each other means that there isn't a point in trying to stand etc.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 11:11 - Mar 12 with 2584 viewsWatford_Ranger

Of course it kills the atmosphere. In theory you can sing while sitting but that doesn't happen.

I'd like to stand but often find myself not even near the front with a family or old bloke behind me who wouldn't stand up if Morrison had just nutmegged the goalkeeper, let alone yell a bit of encouragement when we get a corner or Hoilett doesn't give the ball away.
QPR fans sitting down away from home on 11:31 - Mar 12 with 2538 viewsBeauRanger

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 10:33 - Mar 12 by daveB

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 13:02 - Mar 12 with 2415 viewsFredManRave

Fulham fans don't have this problem as their away support only ever takes up a whole row at a maximum so they never have fellow fans infront or behind them.

In all seriousness I don't think you can deny that the sitters don't / won't sing as much as the standers. Obviously sitters can sing but in general they don't. It's there for all to see (and hear) the effect of all seater stadia and it's why I hope the club seriously considers standing and singing areas in the new stadium.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 13:23 - Mar 12 with 2382 viewsDieByYourSide

If you were standing in front of me I'd be standing as well and I'm 6'2 so the natural upward incline of the rows would probably mean I'd be okay.

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 13:29 - Mar 12 with 2352 viewsTopCat34

It's always very strange to me. At away games, you get this big build-up of atmosphere before the game, while the teams are coming out etc, and then as soon as the match kicks off everybody sits down, and that atmosphere is immediately wiped out.
QPR fans sitting down away from home on 13:33 - Mar 12 with 2344 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 00:03 - Mar 12 by DieByYourSide

Not exactly fighting amongst each other. Coins were thrown at us after they scored which caused a couple of minor injuries. The stewards, after complaints, started to get a tad naughty. Hence the handbags until police got involved.
QPR fans sitting down away from home on 13:41 - Mar 12 with 2314 viewsloftboy

Back in the days of terracing most clubs used to allocate away seating as well, Chelsea,spurs,Arsenal and Westham were probably the only ones who didn't, out of choice I used to buy if possible a seat, normally made it easier to get away at the end, nowadays everyone has seat tickets, I normally sit in mine but if everyone in front stood I would as well, but I would be buggered if I would allow some spotty oik to run up to me and call me a Kunt for sitting.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 13:49 - Mar 12 with 2299 viewstimcocking

I'd ban sitting if it was up to me. Or perhaps have one small area for the frail.
QPR fans sitting down away from home on 13:52 - Mar 12 with 2288 viewssimmo

If I find myself in the part of the away section that is standing, I stand. If I find myself near the front and/or in an area where those around me are sitting, I sit.

When we're attacking, through on goal, building momentum, I might stand to raise the tempo or get a better look at whats going on, then I sit back down.

It's not that hard.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024