Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pompey fans 01:23 - Mar 26 with 9439 viewsStranglers

Went back to Bratfert with 4 pompey lads, who all reckoned we will go up as champions???

If u pompey lads are reading this.. Nice one ! ###that ManU got what he deserved!

RIP-Wurzel

Pompey fans on 16:08 - Mar 26 with 5075 viewsD_Alien

Apart from those 4, how many did Pompey bring - TVOS? anyone?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pompey fans on 16:25 - Mar 26 with 5018 viewsD_Dale

Pompey fans on 16:08 - Mar 26 by D_Alien

I'd been wondering how far Pompey fans made the attendance almost respectable. There were some poor crowds last night - about 1800 at promotion contenders Burton, 1400 at D&R, barely 2000 at high spending Fleetwood - and only 2200 at Newport to see the mighty bury.
Pompey fans on 16:30 - Mar 26 with 4992 viewsTalkingSutty

Pompey fans on 16:25 - Mar 26 by D_Dale

I'd been wondering how far Pompey fans made the attendance almost respectable. There were some poor crowds last night - about 1800 at promotion contenders Burton, 1400 at D&R, barely 2000 at high spending Fleetwood - and only 2200 at Newport to see the mighty bury.

Crowds seemed to be down at most games last night not just in league two.There have been a lot of games recently and with tickets on sale for away games at Mansfield and Fleetwood its an expensive time.
Pompey fans on 16:35 - Mar 26 with 4972 viewsArthurDaley

It was a bad night for two Pompey fans ,who I walked down Ins lane with.
One said I suppose we will be stuck on the M6 for a couple of hours with all the United fans going home to London

A large VAT Dave

Pompey fans on 17:16 - Mar 26 with 4867 viewsisitme

Also a lot of floaters will have probably watched the derby game. Their lose I suppose.
Pompey fans on 18:39 - Mar 26 with 4731 viewspaulscho

I have tremendous respect for the Pompey fans ,a proper football club with a superb fansbase ,surely nobody would like to see them relegated .
They brought three times as many fans as a club thats 12 miles up the road ,and travelled the best part of 450 miles on a Tuesaday evening ......Play Up Pompey and i hope you stay up !!!

livinginadalewonderland

Pompey fans on 18:47 - Mar 26 with 4704 viewsMoonyDale

Pompey fans on 18:39 - Mar 26 by paulscho

I have tremendous respect for the Pompey fans ,a proper football club with a superb fansbase ,surely nobody would like to see them relegated .
They brought three times as many fans as a club thats 12 miles up the road ,and travelled the best part of 450 miles on a Tuesaday evening ......Play Up Pompey and i hope you stay up !!!

It has been a very badly run football club for many a year, but the fans deserve some credit for their showing last night. I have an inkling that money is still being wasted down there though and lessons may still not have been learned....Hope they stay up though..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Pompey fans on 18:52 - Mar 26 with 4683 viewsD_Alien

Pompey fans on 18:47 - Mar 26 by MoonyDale

It has been a very badly run football club for many a year, but the fans deserve some credit for their showing last night. I have an inkling that money is still being wasted down there though and lessons may still not have been learned....Hope they stay up though..

Same here.

thought it was incredibly lacking in class for the Pearl St to strike up the "Going down, going down, going down" refrain during the second half. Whether Portmouth as a club deserve whatever befalls them is one thing, but to goad the fans who turned up last night just isn't on.

Login to get fewer ads

Pompey fans on 19:03 - Mar 26 with 4635 viewsMoonyDale

Pompey fans on 18:52 - Mar 26 by D_Alien

Same here.

thought it was incredibly lacking in class for the Pearl St to strike up the "Going down, going down, going down" refrain during the second half. Whether Portmouth as a club deserve whatever befalls them is one thing, but to goad the fans who turned up last night just isn't on.

Completely agree, the Sandy came out with a few also and although it's only banter it doesn't sit quite right with me to goad the opposition fans.....Someone will no doubt come on to call me an oversensitive old git.......They might be right..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Pompey fans on 19:07 - Mar 26 with 4613 viewsnordenblue

Same here.

But perfectly fine for the pompey fans to chant "your support is fooking shit"?to a well run club running within its means sitting proudly at the top of the league?I dont buy into this idea that their fans deserve better etc,they knowingly saw it fine to no doubt goad other teams they turned over every week whilst playing players they could ill afford,
Pompey fans on 19:09 - Mar 26 with 4608 viewsisitme

Fair play to them for attending in numbers, although as a percentage of their home support they did not attend in that great a number.

They should be at least a Championship club but have been badly run and spent well over their budget during the Redknapp years especially.

I maybe in the minority, but I have no sympathy if they go down. Perhaps it will act as a cautionary tale to some of those clubs spending well above what they can afford.
Pompey fans on 19:17 - Mar 26 with 4562 viewsD_Alien

Pompey fans on 19:07 - Mar 26 by nordenblue

But perfectly fine for the pompey fans to chant "your support is fooking shit"?to a well run club running within its means sitting proudly at the top of the league?I dont buy into this idea that their fans deserve better etc,they knowingly saw it fine to no doubt goad other teams they turned over every week whilst playing players they could ill afford,

Nordenblue, our support IS fooking shit!

Pompey fans on 19:20 - Mar 26 with 4546 viewsColDale

Short memories with the chant of "You're going down with the Torquay"
Pompey fans on 19:25 - Mar 26 with 4513 viewsD_Alien

Pompey fans on 19:20 - Mar 26 by ColDale

Short memories with the chant of "You're going down with the Torquay"

Wasn't there so didn't hear that, but it still doesn't make it right for us to be classless in return.

We've been in the position of having to beg for our football league lives - literally - so we should set an example to others.

Pompey fans on 19:36 - Mar 26 with 4455 viewsTVOS1907

Pompey fans on 16:08 - Mar 26 by D_Alien

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Pompey fans on 19:37 - Mar 26 with 4450 viewsdingdangblue

Same here.

Sandy insults = banter
Pearl st insults = classless

Good one.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pompey fans on 19:45 - Mar 26 with 4420 viewsColDale

Pompey fans on 19:25 - Mar 26 by D_Alien

Wasn't there so didn't hear that, but it still doesn't make it right for us to be classless in return.

We've been in the position of having to beg for our football league lives - literally - so we should set an example to others.

think you misunderstood me. That chant came from the Sandy last night at one point. Short memories given Rushden away that time.
Pompey fans on 20:22 - Mar 26 with 4309 viewsnordenblue

Pompey fans on 19:17 - Mar 26 by D_Alien

Nordenblue, our support IS fooking shit!

That is correct as is them going down all being well??
Pompey fans (n/t) on 20:53 - Mar 26 with 4246 viewsStranglers

RIP-Wurzel

Pompey fans on 21:00 - Mar 26 with 4219 viewsStranglers

couple of points......

When we have begged for our League 2 lives, I assume u mean, ReElection?
Which was the rules..All fair and above board.

I have no sympathy for the clubs who break or bend the rules, and then BEG money off other clubs and fans...

We got shafted off Cannon, and no one helped us? Did any one give us the money to sort all the crap out??? Did they feck.

The town as a whole couldn't give two monkeys about a football team, apart from us lot.
The support of the town is a disgrace.
They still wouldn't come if u offered them free tickets and free beer.

Rant over.

RIP-Wurzel

Pompey fans on 21:16 - Mar 26 with 4172 viewsTalkingSutty

Pompey fans on 19:09 - Mar 26 by isitme

Fair play to them for attending in numbers, although as a percentage of their home support they did not attend in that great a number.

They should be at least a Championship club but have been badly run and spent well over their budget during the Redknapp years especially.

I maybe in the minority, but I have no sympathy if they go down. Perhaps it will act as a cautionary tale to some of those clubs spending well above what they can afford.

They deserve to go down and during the good times the fans must have been aware the financial figures didnt add up because the rest of the country did.

They prospered whilst defeating other clubs who tried to balance the books, blatant cheating and the fans knew it at the time.

They reap what they sow just like the Stockports of this world!!
Pompey fans on 22:50 - Mar 26 with 4037 viewsD_Alien

Pompey fans on 19:45 - Mar 26 by ColDale

think you misunderstood me. That chant came from the Sandy last night at one point. Short memories given Rushden away that time.

Apols, thought you meant it was sung by pompey when we lost at their place - context is everything!

Pompey fans on 22:53 - Mar 26 with 4025 viewsD_Alien

Pompey fans on 19:36 - Mar 26 by TVOS1907

Cheers

So 2274 daleys & claridge

Pompey fans on 22:59 - Mar 26 with 4008 viewsKenBoon

Pompey fans on 22:53 - Mar 26 by D_Alien

Cheers

So 2274 daleys & claridge

What about his Pen?
Pompey fans on 23:02 - Mar 26 with 3995 viewsD_Alien