Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wycombe 22:30 - Apr 26 with 2194 viewsRisborough_r

After today's result looks like a poyet style miracle is required to avoid non league footie next year . Feel bad for our Gareth
Wycombe on 12:05 - Apr 27 with 1973 viewsterryb

I mean no disrespect to Gareth, but the thought of the most evil club in the history of football being relegated fills me with glee!

Hopefully, in two years time, they will be playing in the Southern League.

There will be few people in Bucks (or Colchester) living outside of that town that will be upset with this!

For the record, the bitterness felt towards them goes back to their non-league days when they repeatedly told all around then that they were much too good to be associated with them.

So to the likes of Brian Lee, John Delaney & especially Martin O'Neill I say, welcome back to your roots. Long may it continue.
Wycombe on 12:10 - Apr 27 with 1968 viewsfrancisbowles

I like Wycombe. Enjoyed going there with the Rrrr's apart from the results in League one days.
Wycombe on 13:42 - Apr 27 with 1885 viewswood_hoop

Wycombe on 12:10 - Apr 27 by francisbowles

I like Wycombe. Enjoyed going there with the Rrrr's apart from the results in League one days.

I don't really know much about their 'history', can recall going there once and the match was played while a hurricane seemed to be in full force, couple of goals scored due to the wind getting hold the ball, oh and the ground being in the middle of nowhere.
Wycombe on 12:57 - Apr 28 with 1732 viewsR_from_afar

I went to that game. It was good to see Ainsworth again. We watched him supervising the warm-up from just a few yards away. The Wycombe fans have been grumbling about him for months but the club is strapped for cash and can’t afford to pay him off. That said, privately, fans will also admit that the club’s plunge down the table is more about its lack of transfer funds than anything the Rangers legend has done wrong.

Wycombe needed to win to retain control of their fate. They looked solid at the back but conceded a goal to a quality free kick over the wall. They got back into it and were looking good, with McClure scoring what looked like a genuine wonder goal (a back-heel volley, check out the link below) but half time came at the wrong time for them. They never regained their dominance — perhaps they put in too much effort in the first half — and the second half was an even affair until Rovers got a pass through the Wycombe back line and the ball was lashed in. That triggered a moronic pitch invasion by the Gashead fans — a lot of hoardings got smashed up. What an irony it would be if they go down rather than Wycombe, although for that to happen, Wycombe need to beat already relegated Torquay and Rovers need to lose their game.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024