Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'd be well Happy with 50m 23:06 - Jul 1 with 8112 viewsjackharris

@Metro_Sport: Tottenham in talks with Swansea over £50m Wilfried Bony, Michel Vorm and Ben Davies deal http://t.co/uGOVh8RzjV

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 05:48 - Jul 2 with 1196 viewsAnotherJohn

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 04:39 - Jul 2 by Parlay

Laughable story.

Bony will be sold if we are offered £25m, Davies will be sold if we are offered £10m, Vorm will be sold if we are offered £5m. Why would Spurs essentially buy Vorm for £15m. Ludicrous.

£40m is a good deal for everyone concerned. We already have excellent replacements for Vorm and Davies... And dare i say it Bony too.

We will then have £40m to strengthen and expand the stadium and infrastructure. Gylfi could well come in for the amount we sell Michu for if we agree to be compliant with the trio of sales. Every sale we a have a like for like replacement, granted bony is a cut above but he was always going to leave in 12 months time anyway,

Recipe for relegation. I'm glad Huw is calling the shots.
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 06:01 - Jul 2 with 1176 viewsJethroJack

Laughable story.

Bony will be sold if we are offered £25m, Davies will be sold if we are offered £10m, Vorm will be sold if we are offered £5m. Why would Spurs essentially buy Vorm for £15m. Ludicrous.

£40m is a good deal for everyone concerned. We already have excellent replacements for Vorm and Davies... And dare i say it Bony too.

We will then have £40m to strengthen and expand the stadium and infrastructure. Gylfi could well come in for the amount we sell Michu for if we agree to be compliant with the trio of sales. Every sale we a have a like for like replacement, granted bony is a cut above but he was always going to leave in 12 months time anyway,

If its true and £50M Is on offer (doubtful) why would we settle for £40M?

We don't need the money, we're not a selling club anymore.

So, if we keep emphasising that to other clubs and play hard-ball, we'll ensure that we maximise the fees, if and when WE decide we want to sell.
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 06:02 - Jul 2 with 1173 viewsParlay

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 05:48 - Jul 2 by AnotherJohn

Dont be so ridiculous.

We finished 11th without both Davies and Bony. Instead we had Taylor (who we still have) and Danny Graham - who we have basically swapped for Batetimbi Gomis. Fabianski is a better keeper than Vorm in my opinion.

Not only that we now have such like as Hernandez, Shelvey and Chico not to mention the likes of Gylfi we can bring in with the cash.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 06:06 - Jul 2 with 1169 viewsParlay

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 06:01 - Jul 2 by JethroJack

If its true and £50M Is on offer (doubtful) why would we settle for £40M?

We don't need the money, we're not a selling club anymore.

So, if we keep emphasising that to other clubs and play hard-ball, we'll ensure that we maximise the fees, if and when WE decide we want to sell.

Because I dont believe it is or ever will be.

Lets get one thing straight, we will ALWAYS be a selling club. Until we are a top 4 champions league side and even then we will have to sell some.

Its how clubs like us progress. If we never sold the likes of Allen, Sinclair et al do you really think we would have the squad we do?

Bony is leaving anyway lets be fair, his stock is at his highest after the WC. We have just spent £16m over 4 years on a replacement and have ready made replacements for the other two who hardly set the side in fire last season.

£40m for 3 players you have replacements for is huge for a club like us.

Forum celebrity

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 06:08 - Jul 2 with 1163 viewsDr_Winston

The number of people who seem to think that market value and the price we will sell for are the same thing is quite bizarre.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 06:11 - Jul 2 with 1160 viewsParlay

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 06:08 - Jul 2 by Dr_Winston

The number of people who seem to think that market value and the price we will sell for are the same thing is quite bizarre.

They are the same thing. If tesco sell their tesco brand fishfingers for £8 then thats their value.

Forum celebrity

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 07:28 - Jul 2 with 1105 viewsWhiterockin

If we sell I hope we do it now and give us time to get fresh players in.
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 07:38 - Jul 2 with 1089 viewscanhecatchit

Laughable story.

£26million from what I heard for all three, remember this Levy guy is Jewish and they don't hand out lots of money I can tell you

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Login to get fewer ads

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 07:40 - Jul 2 with 1086 viewsraynor94

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 05:48 - Jul 2 by AnotherJohn

Relegation? your posts are getting more bizarre by the day, as parlay pointed out we have replacements in place and 50 million in the bank, have another think about it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 07:48 - Jul 2 with 1075 viewsJackoBoostardo

Wow.... So many happy to lose 3 permanent first team players in one go....including our main scorer Bony? That's crazy - I really do think the longer Bony is here the better he will get, yet many want to sell him?

This really is the start of silly season!!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 07:54 - Jul 2 with 1061 viewsParlay

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 07:48 - Jul 2 by JackoBoostardo

Wow.... So many happy to lose 3 permanent first team players in one go....including our main scorer Bony? That's crazy - I really do think the longer Bony is here the better he will get, yet many want to sell him?

Its not about "wanting" to sell them its about understanding the situation and as a result "willing" to sell them for the greater good.

You say 3 starting players will be gone - im not convinced 2 of them will be first teamers next year anyway, im positive taylor would displace ben and Vorm is a shadow if himself. As for Bony, as already pointed out he will be leaving next season anyway. We cannot adford to leave £25m players have 12 months ledt on their contract.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 7:56]

Forum celebrity

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 07:56 - Jul 2 with 1048 viewsraynor94

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 07:48 - Jul 2 by JackoBoostardo

It's not a case of wanting to sell him, it's more I fear he doesn't want to be here, after the signing of Gomis somebody is going, be it michu or bony, let's just hope we get top dollar

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 08:05 - Jul 2 with 1027 viewsSwansNZ

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 07:54 - Jul 2 by Parlay

Its not about "wanting" to sell them its about understanding the situation and as a result "willing" to sell them for the greater good.

You say 3 starting players will be gone - im not convinced 2 of them will be first teamers next year anyway, im positive taylor would displace ben and Vorm is a shadow if himself. As for Bony, as already pointed out he will be leaving next season anyway. We cannot adford to leave £25m players have 12 months ledt on their contract.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 7:56]

Bony has 3 years left on his contract

Edit. I agree about the other 2, if the price is right.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 8:05]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 08:10 - Jul 2 with 1014 viewsAngelRangelQS

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 08:05 - Jul 2 by SwansNZ

Bony has 3 years left on his contract

Edit. I agree about the other 2, if the price is right.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 8:05]

Hence in a year's time we sell him or we get into a situation where he has 12 months left on his contract
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 08:14 - Jul 2 with 999 viewsSwansNZ

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 08:10 - Jul 2 by AngelRangelQS

Hence in a year's time we sell him or we get into a situation where he has 12 months left on his contract

Yes, but no need to sell now. Next year, maybe, or we could extend it before next summer.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 08:43 - Jul 2 with 936 viewsWarwickHunt

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 06:08 - Jul 2 by Dr_Winston

It is the same thing.

Buyer and seller in agreement = market value ( for that particular "market").

Agreement being the key word...
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 08:53 - Jul 2 with 915 viewsGundog

Love to be a fly on the wall when or if Levy and our Huw do battle around the table. .

Poll: should Leon still be the main man in midfield

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 09:17 - Jul 2 with 882 viewsUxbridge

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 06:11 - Jul 2 by Parlay

They are the same thing. If tesco sell their tesco brand fishfingers for £8 then thats their value.

You car is worth £10. Here's £10, I'm having your car. What do you mean, you don't want to sell? I'm giving you what it's worth, so hand over the keys.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 09:20 - Jul 2 with 876 viewsLeonisGod

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 07:38 - Jul 2 by canhecatchit

£26million from what I heard for all three, remember this Levy guy is Jewish and they don't hand out lots of money I can tell you

History suggests otherwise
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 09:24 - Jul 2 with 864 viewsJackSomething

Anyone who thinks the club wouldn't accept that deal is barking. As has been said, £40m would almost certainly be accepted. Part of it would be spent on new players, part on expanding the stadium and part would be saved for the future.

I am very confident in saying that every player in our squad has a value at which the club would sell them. Unless you have a Monaco/Man City type sugar daddy owner, this is the situation for all clubs.

Not that I believe there is anything in this story.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 09:43 - Jul 2 with 834 viewsJackoBoostardo

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 07:56 - Jul 2 by raynor94

It's not a case of wanting to sell him, it's more I fear he doesn't want to be here, after the signing of Gomis somebody is going, be it michu or bony, let's just hope we get top dollar

Why does everyone assume someone is going after the signing of Gomis? This forum is starting to more and more resemble the Mirror or the Sun than anything sensible.

What's wrong with having two up front?

And who has Bony (or for that matter, the other alleged players) mentioned to that he doesn't want to be here.

All we have is paper talk. And the three players mentioned are worth MORE to Swansea than £50mill (Bony being the bigger chunk clearly).

Our future has to be focused on remaining in the league and securing the players most capable to maintaining this.

Are we still this small club minded where we need to sell instead of keeping players? If people thought this way in charge of the club, we'd still be stuck in League 2! Progress is about keeping what works!
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 9:58]

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 09:44 - Jul 2 with 829 viewsWarwickHunt

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 09:17 - Jul 2 by Uxbridge

You car is worth £10. Here's £10, I'm having your car. What do you mean, you don't want to sell? I'm giving you what it's worth, so hand over the keys.

Except the seller names the price and the buyer chooses whether or not to accept.
Or vice versa.
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 09:53 - Jul 2 with 800 viewsJethroJack

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 06:06 - Jul 2 by Parlay

Because I dont believe it is or ever will be.

Lets get one thing straight, we will ALWAYS be a selling club. Until we are a top 4 champions league side and even then we will have to sell some.

Its how clubs like us progress. If we never sold the likes of Allen, Sinclair et al do you really think we would have the squad we do?

Bony is leaving anyway lets be fair, his stock is at his highest after the WC. We have just spent £16m over 4 years on a replacement and have ready made replacements for the other two who hardly set the side in fire last season.

£40m for 3 players you have replacements for is huge for a club like us.

Let's get another thing straight.

A selling club is one that sells its best assets regularly to survive.

Swansea City are NO LONGER a selling club, we do NOT need to sell our best assets to survive. i can't believe those that say....sell Ben because he had an average season last year & we now have a ready made replacement in Stephen Kingsley. Who really knows how Kingsley will get on? Even if he has a great first season (like Ben) he might have an average second season (like Ben). So, I guess we then sell him too, do we?

I appreciate the need to replenish the squad at a reasobable frequency, but this extreme short-termism won't do the club any good in the medium to long term.
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 10:03 - Jul 2 with 782 viewsblaine_scfc

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 09:53 - Jul 2 by JethroJack

Let's get another thing straight.

A selling club is one that sells its best assets regularly to survive.

Swansea City are NO LONGER a selling club, we do NOT need to sell our best assets to survive. i can't believe those that say....sell Ben because he had an average season last year & we now have a ready made replacement in Stephen Kingsley. Who really knows how Kingsley will get on? Even if he has a great first season (like Ben) he might have an average second season (like Ben). So, I guess we then sell him too, do we?

I appreciate the need to replenish the squad at a reasobable frequency, but this extreme short-termism won't do the club any good in the medium to long term.

Agree with this Jethro.

We don't need to sell, staying in the premier league will secure the long term future of this club, selling our best assets wont.

I can understand selling Ben for a decent fee, as we have a ready made replacement in Taylor, but without Bonys goals last year he would be up the creek without a paddle. Must be kept for at least one more season.
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 10:08 - Jul 2 with 762 viewsJethroJack

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 10:03 - Jul 2 by blaine_scfc

Agree with this Jethro.

We don't need to sell, staying in the premier league will secure the long term future of this club, selling our best assets wont.

I can understand selling Ben for a decent fee, as we have a ready made replacement in Taylor, but without Bonys goals last year he would be up the creek without a paddle. Must be kept for at least one more season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024