Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'd be well Happy with 50m 23:06 - Jul 1 with 8113 viewsjackharris

@Metro_Sport: Tottenham in talks with Swansea over £50m Wilfried Bony, Michel Vorm and Ben Davies deal http://t.co/uGOVh8RzjV

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

(No subject) (n/t) (n/t) on 14:06 - Jul 2 with 1215 viewsJokeren1943

(No subject) (n/t) (n/t) on 14:02 - Jul 2 by Uxbridge

Was your reply that bad that it had to be deleted? I'll blame Darran out of habit.

You should do that.

When said after a editing of a long text about Davies my slow internet connection caused everything to be lost - but it was good stuff, trust me lol.
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 14:06 - Jul 2 with 1215 viewsC_jack

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:59 - Jul 2 by Jokeren1943

Davies can become an average Premier League player or he can turn into an International LB. The reality is no one knows how good he will do for the next couple of years.

We do not know how good he will be as a fully developed player.

I have my doubt, do not mean I do not like him personally, but not sure he will become more then above average LB.

Right now the bigger clubs want to buy him for his potential - cause his first season (less for his present qualities on the field). I see more potential in Gylfi with the right amount of coaching (then Davies).

When said (and I really love Gylfi) I would rather splash 10-12 million on a really strong, fast defensive midfielder then yet another talented attacking midfielder with a fine long shot. I heard that Makélélé is free.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 14:04]

He already is an international LB.

No, we haven't quite grabbed the keys to Huw's time travel box yet. Nobody knows what will happen in the future, sound observation.

With respect, Gylfi and Ben cannot really be compared for potential. Ben has potential to do many things better than Gylfi and vice versa. Apples and pears.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 14:07 - Jul 2 with 1209 viewsC_jack

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 14:04 - Jul 2 by Drizzy

Nah, son. Just don't want to kick a boy when he's down. I've embarrassed you enough in the last 24 hours.

Yeah, 'cos that's what you do' innit.

Lick well.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

(No subject) (n/t) (n/t) on 14:09 - Jul 2 with 1199 viewsUxbridge

(No subject) (n/t) (n/t) on 14:06 - Jul 2 by Jokeren1943

You should do that.

When said after a editing of a long text about Davies my slow internet connection caused everything to be lost - but it was good stuff, trust me lol.

Heh.

Anyway to take your point of whether Gylfi is a better player than Ben, it's a good one and puts a different spin on it. Tough call.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 17:51 - Jul 2 with 997 viewsItchySphincter

Some of our lot of lost touch with reality since this Premier League lark. 50M is an astronomical sum for a striker, a goalie who most think have been replaced already and a potentially very good fullback and anyone who thinks Huw wouldn't drive them down there himself for that money need to go and boil their head. Plus this idea that we are recruiting players as back up or keeping others just in case our new ones don't work out are clearly delusional. Same people bang on about is not being a small club - news flash, we're a small club and it's nothing to ashamed of. All clubs sell players and it doesn't say anything about us if we continue to recruit well.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 18:33 - Jul 2 with 954 viewsOldjack

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 04:39 - Jul 2 by Parlay

Laughable story.

Bony will be sold if we are offered £25m, Davies will be sold if we are offered £10m, Vorm will be sold if we are offered £5m. Why would Spurs essentially buy Vorm for £15m. Ludicrous.

£40m is a good deal for everyone concerned. We already have excellent replacements for Vorm and Davies... And dare i say it Bony too.

We will then have £40m to strengthen and expand the stadium and infrastructure. Gylfi could well come in for the amount we sell Michu for if we agree to be compliant with the trio of sales. Every sale we a have a like for like replacement, granted bony is a cut above but he was always going to leave in 12 months time anyway,

Vorm yes but the other two stay, we don't need to sell them

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 19:22 - Jul 2 with 915 viewsexiledclaseboy

This is fairly simple to me. If Pochettino has decided to build his Champions League challenging team around three Swansea City players and then in some fit of profligacy, Spur offer £50m for the three players mentioned, said players will be old for that price.

Poll: Tory leader

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 19:25 - Jul 2 with 905 viewsSwansNZ

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:31 - Jul 2 by Jokeren1943

Swansea will allways be a seller club for the top 5 teams. If United offers 25-30 million (most likely around 25 million) Swansea will sell.

But because Swansea are more economical sound then almost any other PL club they can press the amount the top clubs has to pay, far more.

Spurs of course, are not a top 5 team.

Of course Swansea will be a selling club to the big clubs, in the respect that players will want to play for honours and get paid far more money that we will be able to afford. That of course, does not mean we have to sell to keep the club running, or indeed to fund the purchases we want to make. We are in a strong position of not having to sell.

If anyone is stupid enough to offer 20 million for Vorm and Davies, then that would surely be a great deal for us.

Bony is another matter, 25 or even 30 million might be very hard to resist, but if we want to progress, we do need to keep hold of players for as long as possible.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 22:37 - Jul 2 with 839 viewsSilverSurfer

Huw is fully in control of the situation according to this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2677814/Tottenham-desperate-ov

[quote]Sportsmail understands the 21-year-old was even due to arrive at the club's Enfield training ground on Monday for talks.

However, sources close to the deal claim Swans chairman Huw Jenkins pulled the plug on the deal over the weekend, causing a delay in the move.

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 02:41 - Jul 3 with 771 viewsItchySphincter

Huw insisted on more money after initially accepting the transfer. Other clubs must hate the Jack Barstard.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 05:00 - Jul 3 with 754 viewsParlay

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 09:53 - Jul 2 by JethroJack

Let's get another thing straight.

A selling club is one that sells its best assets regularly to survive.

Swansea City are NO LONGER a selling club, we do NOT need to sell our best assets to survive. i can't believe those that say....sell Ben because he had an average season last year & we now have a ready made replacement in Stephen Kingsley. Who really knows how Kingsley will get on? Even if he has a great first season (like Ben) he might have an average second season (like Ben). So, I guess we then sell him too, do we?

I appreciate the need to replenish the squad at a reasobable frequency, but this extreme short-termism won't do the club any good in the medium to long term.

Nope, its one that sells its assets to progress not survive.

If you think bony is here for the long haul then you are off your rocker. People are panicking because we cant replace him - well what are we going to do when he leaves then? Plummet down the leagues?

As a club you sell when your players stock is highest and use the funds to replace and strengthen.

Its that simple.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 09:08 - Jul 3 with 704 viewsStarsky

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 05:00 - Jul 3 by Parlay

Nope, its one that sells its assets to progress not survive.

If you think bony is here for the long haul then you are off your rocker. People are panicking because we cant replace him - well what are we going to do when he leaves then? Plummet down the leagues?

As a club you sell when your players stock is highest and use the funds to replace and strengthen.

Its that simple.

Indeed. This is part of the Swansea City recipe.
When you're a club that doesn't financially need to sell, you dictate the fee and when it happens, to our own convenience.
I think there's another season here for Bony but he'll want to leave the nest next year for sure.

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024