Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'd be well Happy with 50m 23:06 - Jul 1 with 8114 viewsjackharris

@Metro_Sport: Tottenham in talks with Swansea over £50m Wilfried Bony, Michel Vorm and Ben Davies deal http://t.co/uGOVh8RzjV

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 12:55 - Jul 2 with 989 viewsDrizzy

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 12:55 - Jul 2 by C_jack

The sale of Joe Allen had nothing to do with those signings, we sold Joe Allen to Liverpool in August and bought Michu in July. Nostradamus be f**ked
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 12:55]

Oh Christ not again.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 12:59 - Jul 2 with 970 viewsC_jack

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 12:55 - Jul 2 by Drizzy

Oh Christ not again.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good chunk of BS ey

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:00 - Jul 2 with 961 viewsJackoBoostardo

I can see where you're coming from now you've clarified your point - but we don't need to sell at present. We're in the best position we've ever been in, and if the basis of selling is purely to make money, then it's unnecessary at present as this won't guarantee us security.

What we need is to keep the players who have performed under Swansea.

I hate the way the larger richer teams think they can walk over teams like Swansea, and pretty much flash the cash and demand players - and it's about time a club, like Swansea, told them where to go.

Some people here who earlier assumed, and now believe Bony is gone, simply due to Gomis coming in need to simmer down and start winding their necks in. We've been in a position where we had two solid strikers previously, and we're in it again. I've not seen anything that confirms Bony is going other than speculative bollocks we normally see at this time - remember Taylor to Newcastle? Remember Michu going last year? Remember pretty much all of our first team players going somewhere at some point, yet here they remain?

In my view - if any team wants to buy one of our players, who are all in contract, then they would need to stump up something massive! And then we don't need to.

Our future in the Premier League is worth a lot more!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:01 - Jul 2 with 960 viewsJokeren1943

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 12:55 - Jul 2 by C_jack

The sale of Joe Allen had nothing to do with those signings, we sold Joe Allen to Liverpool in August and bought Michu in July. Nostradamus be f**ked
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 12:55]

Michu signed for Swansea the 20. July 2012.

Joe Allen was sold to Liverpool the 10. August 2012.
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:04 - Jul 2 with 954 viewsC_jack

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:01 - Jul 2 by Jokeren1943

Michu signed for Swansea the 20. July 2012.

Joe Allen was sold to Liverpool the 10. August 2012.

So how the f**k could the Joe Allen sale have funded signings like Michu?

Clue: August comes after July.

Clue II: Huw doesn't have a delorean.

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:06 - Jul 2 with 944 viewsJokeren1943

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:00 - Jul 2 by JackoBoostardo

I can see where you're coming from now you've clarified your point - but we don't need to sell at present. We're in the best position we've ever been in, and if the basis of selling is purely to make money, then it's unnecessary at present as this won't guarantee us security.

What we need is to keep the players who have performed under Swansea.

I hate the way the larger richer teams think they can walk over teams like Swansea, and pretty much flash the cash and demand players - and it's about time a club, like Swansea, told them where to go.

Some people here who earlier assumed, and now believe Bony is gone, simply due to Gomis coming in need to simmer down and start winding their necks in. We've been in a position where we had two solid strikers previously, and we're in it again. I've not seen anything that confirms Bony is going other than speculative bollocks we normally see at this time - remember Taylor to Newcastle? Remember Michu going last year? Remember pretty much all of our first team players going somewhere at some point, yet here they remain?

In my view - if any team wants to buy one of our players, who are all in contract, then they would need to stump up something massive! And then we don't need to.

Our future in the Premier League is worth a lot more!

I'm extremly sure that Jenkins has Tottenham or any other club by the ball in any bargain situation.

Lets say it this way, I would not have any other person to strike deals for Swansea in the entire world then Jenkins.
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:11 - Jul 2 with 914 viewsJokeren1943

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:04 - Jul 2 by C_jack

So how the f**k could the Joe Allen sale have funded signings like Michu?

Clue: August comes after July.

Clue II: Huw doesn't have a delorean.

Rogers was clear from the beginning when he became manager in Liverpool 1. June 2012 that he wanted Allen (pricerange 10-15 million). As I see it, the sell of Allen (and Rogers) paid all our new players that summer.
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:12 - Jul 2 with 910 viewsJackoBoostardo

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:06 - Jul 2 by Jokeren1943

I'm extremly sure that Jenkins has Tottenham or any other club by the ball in any bargain situation.

Lets say it this way, I would not have any other person to strike deals for Swansea in the entire world then Jenkins.

I would certainly have Jenkins in charge of any negotiation above some of the tools on Planet Swans... Some here are even happy to see Bony go for £15 mill recently!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Login to get fewer ads

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:14 - Jul 2 with 899 viewsDrizzy

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 12:59 - Jul 2 by C_jack

Never let the facts get in the way of a good chunk of BS ey

Yeah you had spouting plenty of facts.

Give it up, son.

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:14 - Jul 2 with 899 viewsC_jack

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:11 - Jul 2 by Jokeren1943

Rogers was clear from the beginning when he became manager in Liverpool 1. June 2012 that he wanted Allen (pricerange 10-15 million). As I see it, the sell of Allen (and Rogers) paid all our new players that summer.

Fair play.

Just say you're wrong, it's a lot better.

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:15 - Jul 2 with 895 viewsDrizzy

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:11 - Jul 2 by Jokeren1943

Don't bother, Jokeren. This guy is astoundingly thick. It's hilarious at first but not worth your afternoon.

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:17 - Jul 2 with 878 viewssomersetsimon

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:31 - Jul 2 by Jokeren1943

Swansea will allways be a seller club for the top 5 teams. If United offers 25-30 million (most likely around 25 million) Swansea will sell.

But because Swansea are more economical sound then almost any other PL club they can press the amount the top clubs has to pay, far more.

Yes, we'll always be a selling club, but mainly for the reason that the big clubs can offer the players better career prospects and higher salaries.

If Man U offered £25M and £100K a week for Bony, but he wanted to stay with the Swans, do you think we'd force the sale?
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:18 - Jul 2 with 871 viewsJokeren1943

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:14 - Jul 2 by C_jack

Fair play.

Just say you're wrong, it's a lot better.

Does it really matter. Right now I'm more interesting in how Gomis i going to do

(and hopefully, that we will keep Michu).
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:19 - Jul 2 with 865 viewsUxbridge

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:06 - Jul 2 by Jokeren1943

Depends really.

It seems we want Gylfi. Does our interest in Gylfi exceed Spurs' interest in Ben? No idea. Personally I'd say Ben has a higher value than Gylfi but then if you read today's Post it says that Spurs value Gylfi at a few million higher than Ben.

Another thing to consider is what our cashflow is. Do we need to sell before buying, especially with the East Stand allegedly starting next season (not holding breath etc).

I'd be very reluctant to sell Ben unless the money was stupid, but if the club feels its an area of the squad we have coverage (I don't personally) and other areas have gaping holes then you can see the logic and maybe we'd be actively looking to make the trade ... in which case there's less power with the club and we'd be forced to accept the market value for Ben.

Anyway, Huw's got a decent track record on such things, although the figures here are massive in comparison to the past, and indeed so are the risks.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:20 - Jul 2 with 856 viewssomersetsimon

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 10:22 - Jul 2 by Big_Phil

If the deal that gets done (as is looking more and more likely) is that Ben goes and Gylfi comes this way in a straight swap, with Vorm also going the other way for circa £8M I'd be happy with that

Bony wants to play in the Champions League, is happy here, and we don't want him to go - end of conversation Mr Levy

With the £8M funds plus whatever we get for Michu if he goes (would like to keep him though if his head is right...and prefer to raise funds selling players I doubt will get many games this year - eg Poz, Canas) then we can go out any buy a real top-notch Centre Back - surely our biggest exposure now (along with RightBack cover)???

A lot of these transfers kick off a chain (like house sales). If Michu goes to Atletico Madrid for a decent fee, then we could go for Gylfi which would open the prospect of Davies going the other way.
I'd say a straight swap - Davies for Gylfi - is a fair deal.
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:27 - Jul 2 with 827 viewsJokeren1943

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:17 - Jul 2 by somersetsimon

Yes, we'll always be a selling club, but mainly for the reason that the big clubs can offer the players better career prospects and higher salaries.

If Man U offered £25M and £100K a week for Bony, but he wanted to stay with the Swans, do you think we'd force the sale?

I think we saw it in Villa with Benteke. The bigger clubs offers silly money for 21-23 years kids and make their head go spinning - and more precisely make them underperform (Benteke scored 19 goals in 2012/2013 but only 10 in 2013/2014.

I do not know what Swansea football club is thinking, but I think unless the club gets a dream offer 25-30 million Swansea will keep him for 1-2 more years.

The massive problem of selling players is, you know what you got, you do not know what you gonna get (Gomis).
(No subject) (n/t) (n/t) on 13:35 - Jul 2 with 797 viewsJokeren1943

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:19 - Jul 2 by Uxbridge

Depends really.

It seems we want Gylfi. Does our interest in Gylfi exceed Spurs' interest in Ben? No idea. Personally I'd say Ben has a higher value than Gylfi but then if you read today's Post it says that Spurs value Gylfi at a few million higher than Ben.

Another thing to consider is what our cashflow is. Do we need to sell before buying, especially with the East Stand allegedly starting next season (not holding breath etc).

I'd be very reluctant to sell Ben unless the money was stupid, but if the club feels its an area of the squad we have coverage (I don't personally) and other areas have gaping holes then you can see the logic and maybe we'd be actively looking to make the trade ... in which case there's less power with the club and we'd be forced to accept the market value for Ben.

Anyway, Huw's got a decent track record on such things, although the figures here are massive in comparison to the past, and indeed so are the risks.

[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 13:38]
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:44 - Jul 2 with 755 viewsJackSomething

Jokeren has got a better understanding of this than some of our local fans do.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:49 - Jul 2 with 742 viewsC_jack

(No subject) (n/t) (n/t) on 13:35 - Jul 2 by Jokeren1943

He is 22, there is no make or break. Nowhere near fully developed as a player. I appreciate how some people don't understand that though.

Really strange agenda that some have got here against him, why on earth some see him as this sacrificial lamb that will secure the future I have no idea. Sheep following the herd.

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:51 - Jul 2 with 737 viewsJackSomething

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:17 - Jul 2 by somersetsimon

Possibly not at £25m, but I'm pretty confident we would if the offer was say £30m+. Plus the chance of any player not wanting to make that move is pretty small.

We're a selling club in that every player we have will always have a price at which we will sell them, because it makes financial sense to do so. There are barely any clubs which are not in this position, so I don't know why it continues to baffle some people.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:58 - Jul 2 with 706 viewsDrizzy

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:49 - Jul 2 by C_jack

He is 22, there is no make or break. Nowhere near fully developed as a player. I appreciate how some people don't understand that though.

Really strange agenda that some have got here against him, why on earth some see him as this sacrificial lamb that will secure the future I have no idea. Sheep following the herd.

Good grief. Everyone that has a different opinion to you has an agenda and is a sheep.

You're worse than O'Boogs.

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:59 - Jul 2 with 699 viewsJokeren1943

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:49 - Jul 2 by C_jack

Davies can become an average Premier League player or he can turn into an International LB. The reality is no one knows how good he will do for the next couple of years.

We do not know how good he will be as a fully developed player.

I have my doubt, do not mean I do not like him personally, but not sure he will become more then above average LB.

Right now the bigger clubs want to buy him for his potential - cause his first season (less for his present qualities on the field). I see more potential in Gylfi with the right amount of coaching (then Davies).

When said (and I really love Gylfi) I would rather splash 10-12 million on a really strong, fast defensive midfielder then yet another talented attacking midfielder with a fine long shot. I heard that Makélélé is free.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 14:04]
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 14:01 - Jul 2 with 693 viewsC_jack

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 13:58 - Jul 2 by Drizzy

Good grief. Everyone that has a different opinion to you has an agenda and is a sheep.

You're worse than O'Boogs.

You're getting desperate now, countdown is on until you crawl away to lick your wounds, again.

(No subject) (n/t) (n/t) on 14:02 - Jul 2 with 685 viewsUxbridge

(No subject) (n/t) (n/t) on 13:35 - Jul 2 by Jokeren1943

Was your reply that bad that it had to be deleted? I'll blame Darran out of habit.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 14:04 - Jul 2 with 680 viewsDrizzy

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 14:01 - Jul 2 by C_jack

You're getting desperate now, countdown is on until you crawl away to lick your wounds, again.

Nah, son. Just don't want to kick a boy when he's down. I've embarrassed you enough in the last 24 hours.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024