Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'd be well Happy with 50m 23:06 - Jul 1 with 8115 viewsjackharris

@Metro_Sport: Tottenham in talks with Swansea over £50m Wilfried Bony, Michel Vorm and Ben Davies deal http://t.co/uGOVh8RzjV

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 10:13 - Jul 2 with 1043 viewsUxbridge

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 09:44 - Jul 2 by WarwickHunt

Except the seller names the price and the buyer chooses whether or not to accept.
Or vice versa.

Well quite. Which is the scenario we're in now and which many seem to be ignoring.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 10:20 - Jul 2 with 1033 viewsAnotherJohn

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 07:40 - Jul 2 by raynor94

Relegation? your posts are getting more bizarre by the day, as parlay pointed out we have replacements in place and 50 million in the bank, have another think about it

Raynor and Parley are basically saying we have ready-made replacements for Bony, Davies and Vorm already. They are counting on Gomis delivering when he has yet to score a single BPL goal. That is a high-risk strategy that we do not have to take. The margin between success and failure in our league is very small. People can bandy around words like bizarre as much as they like; the word I prefer is prudence. And I think Huw will be prudent.
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 10:21 - Jul 2 with 1023 viewsUxbridge

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 10:20 - Jul 2 by AnotherJohn

Raynor and Parley are basically saying we have ready-made replacements for Bony, Davies and Vorm already. They are counting on Gomis delivering when he has yet to score a single BPL goal. That is a high-risk strategy that we do not have to take. The margin between success and failure in our league is very small. People can bandy around words like bizarre as much as they like; the word I prefer is prudence. And I think Huw will be prudent.

We might have replacements, but we then have no cover if they step up.

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 10:22 - Jul 2 with 1022 viewsBig_Phil

If the deal that gets done (as is looking more and more likely) is that Ben goes and Gylfi comes this way in a straight swap, with Vorm also going the other way for circa £8M I'd be happy with that

Bony wants to play in the Champions League, is happy here, and we don't want him to go - end of conversation Mr Levy

With the £8M funds plus whatever we get for Michu if he goes (would like to keep him though if his head is right...and prefer to raise funds selling players I doubt will get many games this year - eg Poz, Canas) then we can go out any buy a real top-notch Centre Back - surely our biggest exposure now (along with RightBack cover)???
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 10:27 - Jul 2 with 1008 viewsAnotherJohn

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 09:44 - Jul 2 by WarwickHunt

Except the seller names the price and the buyer chooses whether or not to accept.
Or vice versa.

Did you ever study economics? I thought not.
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 10:28 - Jul 2 with 1007 viewsnantywatcher

All those people saying we are not a small club??? We have a 20,000 seater stadium, we are the smallest club in the Premiership by a mile. But we have the best, most prudent chairman. If he accepts £30million he would be doing it because it was in the best interests of Swansea City FC - this is real life not a game of monopoly. Get real.
(By the way attendance against Valencia ,one of the big names in European football -17,000!!!!)
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 10:39 - Jul 2 with 987 viewsJackoBoostardo

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 10:28 - Jul 2 by nantywatcher

All those people saying we are not a small club??? We have a 20,000 seater stadium, we are the smallest club in the Premiership by a mile. But we have the best, most prudent chairman. If he accepts £30million he would be doing it because it was in the best interests of Swansea City FC - this is real life not a game of monopoly. Get real.
(By the way attendance against Valencia ,one of the big names in European football -17,000!!!!)

I'd say Fukk off! I think you know what is meant by the term small club.. we may have the smallest stadiums - but we have the best managed accounts in the whole of the Premier League FACT!

We don't need to sell any players at present apart from fringe players.... and we can afford to buy in order to ensure our security in the BPL.

wtf is going on here today?!?
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 11:22]

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 10:52 - Jul 2 with 959 viewspremierjack

If 50m is the fee, we can wave good bye to all 3 players!!! Fantastic business. Vorm is only worth 5 and ben about 7-8 so that's a great return on bony!!!
Login to get fewer ads

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:08 - Jul 2 with 929 viewsWarwickHunt

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 10:27 - Jul 2 by AnotherJohn

Did you ever study economics? I thought not.

A level. Why?

Shall we discuss perfect and imperfect markets?
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 11:10]
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:20 - Jul 2 with 895 viewsDrizzy

Why is it on every transfer thread we have O'Boogs and Ux rambling on about the difference between market value and our selling price? We get it, they're two different things, any chance you can stop going on about it as if you're leaking classified information?

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:21 - Jul 2 with 890 viewsAnotherJohn

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:08 - Jul 2 by WarwickHunt

A level. Why?

Shall we discuss perfect and imperfect markets?
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 11:10]

Yes, you may be right that this isn't the place for rehearsing the various conditions that affect price. I just thought that the statement that either buyer or seller might make an offer at a certain price wasn't a Nobel prize winning breakthrough. However, looking at other comments on the thread with which I disagree, this is hardly a sin and I withdraw my comment.
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:21 - Jul 2 with 889 viewsDrizzy

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:21 - Jul 2 by AnotherJohn

Yes, you may be right that this isn't the place for rehearsing the various conditions that affect price. I just thought that the statement that either buyer or seller might make an offer at a certain price wasn't a Nobel prize winning breakthrough. However, looking at other comments on the thread with which I disagree, this is hardly a sin and I withdraw my comment.

Oh shut up.

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:23 - Jul 2 with 883 viewsWarwickHunt

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:21 - Jul 2 by AnotherJohn

Apology accepted.
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:26 - Jul 2 with 876 viewsUxbridge

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:20 - Jul 2 by Drizzy

Why is it on every transfer thread we have O'Boogs and Ux rambling on about the difference between market value and our selling price? We get it, they're two different things, any chance you can stop going on about it as if you're leaking classified information?

Well now you've learnt there's a difference there's no point in my going on about it! Here's hoping others learn that lesson so I don't have to repeat it again the next time someone says we should accept an offer just because the offering party thinks it's fair.

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:31 - Jul 2 with 862 viewsDrizzy

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:26 - Jul 2 by Uxbridge

Well now you've learnt there's a difference there's no point in my going on about it! Here's hoping others learn that lesson so I don't have to repeat it again the next time someone says we should accept an offer just because the offering party thinks it's fair.

Sigh.

Everyone was aware of the difference. Believe it or not people have opinions on players that differ from yours (shocking, I know!) which means they might consider accepting a lower price.

Got it? Any chance you can stop boring us in to a coma?

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:31 - Jul 2 with 861 viewsJokeren1943

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 09:53 - Jul 2 by JethroJack

Let's get another thing straight.

A selling club is one that sells its best assets regularly to survive.

Swansea City are NO LONGER a selling club, we do NOT need to sell our best assets to survive. i can't believe those that say....sell Ben because he had an average season last year & we now have a ready made replacement in Stephen Kingsley. Who really knows how Kingsley will get on? Even if he has a great first season (like Ben) he might have an average second season (like Ben). So, I guess we then sell him too, do we?

I appreciate the need to replenish the squad at a reasobable frequency, but this extreme short-termism won't do the club any good in the medium to long term.

Swansea will allways be a seller club for the top 5 teams. If United offers 25-30 million (most likely around 25 million) Swansea will sell.

But because Swansea are more economical sound then almost any other PL club they can press the amount the top clubs has to pay, far more.
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:32 - Jul 2 with 858 viewsS0LID

I think we need Ince negotiating our deals.
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:33 - Jul 2 with 854 viewsDrizzy

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:31 - Jul 2 by Jokeren1943

Swansea will allways be a seller club for the top 5 teams. If United offers 25-30 million (most likely around 25 million) Swansea will sell.

But because Swansea are more economical sound then almost any other PL club they can press the amount the top clubs has to pay, far more.

Well said, Jokeren.

Best poster on here when it comes to football fair play.

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:46 - Jul 2 with 834 viewsJackoBoostardo

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:31 - Jul 2 by Jokeren1943

Will ALWAYS?

If we don't have to sell, why should be be obligated to sell?

Regardless of the money - we'll get more in TV revenue and staying in the Prem.

We're a club in profit.

Considering you weren't a supporter of the swans when we were in the position where we needed to sell players to stay alive, you seem to have a narrow view of our club now.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:53 - Jul 2 with 820 viewsUxbridge

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:31 - Jul 2 by Drizzy

Sigh.

Everyone was aware of the difference. Believe it or not people have opinions on players that differ from yours (shocking, I know!) which means they might consider accepting a lower price.

Got it? Any chance you can stop boring us in to a coma?

Irony, yes?

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 12:02 - Jul 2 with 798 viewsDrizzy

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:53 - Jul 2 by Uxbridge

Irony, yes?

You've been a right little fairy after your little outburst over not being able to see a thread a few weeks ago.

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 12:25 - Jul 2 with 751 viewsraynor94

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:46 - Jul 2 by JackoBoostardo

Will ALWAYS?

We're a club in profit.

Considering you weren't a supporter of the swans when we were in the position where we needed to sell players to stay alive, you seem to have a narrow view of our club now.

Come into the real world mun, all clubs are selling clubs even the top four, done correctly it can help you develop just as we are as club, it won't happen but 50 million? it's a no brainer

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 12:47 - Jul 2 with 714 viewsJokeren1943

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 11:46 - Jul 2 by JackoBoostardo

Will ALWAYS?

We're a club in profit.

Did'nt think I had to clarify, but okay.

A sellers club do not mean you gonna sell at any price, it mean,s the money the biggest clubs in the world offers, give potentially more advantages then disadvantages - to bring the club one more step forward. Selling Joe Allan in 2012 made it possible to bring in players like Pablo, Michu and Chico.

Selling players like Davies and forexample using the money to bring in some of the best youth players in Brittan, or investing in the youth acadamy, may be a better investment then keeping Davies.

For a midtabel club as Swansea, good investment is to continue building your organisation - buy cheap and sell expensive. And as far as I can see, Jenkins and Swansea are the best in the entire Premier League in doing that.

About Bony except we get a massive offer of 30-35 million, Bony has 3 years left of his contract Swansea should wait 1-2 years to cash in (this is here where the buy cheap and sell expensive part comes in). We do not need to sell and another good season will proberly rise Bony's price with 5 million. But in the end, Swansea will be a sellers club, not perhaps today but in 2015 or 2016 Swansea will sell Bony for a great profit.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 12:58]
I'd be well Happy with 50m on 12:50 - Jul 2 with 698 viewsUxbridge

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 12:02 - Jul 2 by Drizzy

You've been a right little fairy after your little outburst over not being able to see a thread a few weeks ago.

Aw bless.

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 12:55 - Jul 2 with 676 viewsC_jack

I'd be well Happy with 50m on 12:47 - Jul 2 by Jokeren1943

Did'nt think I had to clarify, but okay.

A sellers club do not mean you gonna sell at any price, it mean,s the money the biggest clubs in the world offers, give potentially more advantages then disadvantages - to bring the club one more step forward. Selling Joe Allan in 2012 made it possible to bring in players like Pablo, Michu and Chico.

Selling players like Davies and forexample using the money to bring in some of the best youth players in Brittan, or investing in the youth acadamy, may be a better investment then keeping Davies.

For a midtabel club as Swansea, good investment is to continue building your organisation - buy cheap and sell expensive. And as far as I can see, Jenkins and Swansea are the best in the entire Premier League in doing that.

About Bony except we get a massive offer of 30-35 million, Bony has 3 years left of his contract Swansea should wait 1-2 years to cash in (this is here where the buy cheap and sell expensive part comes in). We do not need to sell and another good season will proberly rise Bony's price with 5 million. But in the end, Swansea will be a sellers club, not perhaps today but in 2015 or 2016 Swansea will sell Bony for a great profit.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 12:58]

The sale of Joe Allen had nothing to do with those signings, we sold Joe Allen to Liverpool in August and bought Michu in July. Nostradamus be f**ked
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 12:55]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024