Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? 18:12 - Aug 9 with 63333 views_

First things first, this is very much purposefully an over-reacting post.

Secondly and perhaps the most important thing. Monk needs to cut out this air of arrogance he's coming across with. The way he talked about getting back to the Swansea way and pretty much disrespecting Laudrup in the process is starting to make him look a bit silly, naive and out of his depth.

WTF is this 442 nonsense? WTF is Gylfi doing out on the right, but not just for half hour when it was clear to everyone it wasn't working, but no, for the whole game?

It's a bit much to expect a lot from Garry though, you know, a player without Premier League management experience and as it goes without any Premier League playing experience. The arrogance of the Board in appointing him is not just risky, it's pretty baffling really.

We've got one week to sort things out, there's an awful lot to do in that time coming off the back of the only friendly game I can ever remember where the team was boo'd off... And in fairness they deserved to be, or at least Monk did.

Pick the bones out of that.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 18:16 - Aug 10 with 2622 viewsAngelRangelQS

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 18:09 - Aug 10 by WarwickHunt

If we play that system with that team we'll get f*cking battered at OT.

Our only significant pre-season test a week before the opener against Yernahtid isn't the time to be f*cking about.

If we go to old Trafford and play that system then I'll agree 100% with you that it's idiotic. Even if we start at home to Burnley like it, I'd also agree that it's stupid. If the game is over with 20 mins left however, give it a go.

Take the point about there being a week to go but the side for next week is likely to be a fairly settled one anyway with plenty of experience of playing together. I personally think that Monk should be given credit for experimenting with formations and styles.

I often wonder whether Rodgers would have given that 3-5-2 formation another shot if he'd stayed here.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2014 18:17]
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 19:01 - Aug 10 with 2525 views3swan

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 18:16 - Aug 10 by AngelRangelQS

If we go to old Trafford and play that system then I'll agree 100% with you that it's idiotic. Even if we start at home to Burnley like it, I'd also agree that it's stupid. If the game is over with 20 mins left however, give it a go.

Take the point about there being a week to go but the side for next week is likely to be a fairly settled one anyway with plenty of experience of playing together. I personally think that Monk should be given credit for experimenting with formations and styles.

I often wonder whether Rodgers would have given that 3-5-2 formation another shot if he'd stayed here.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2014 18:17]

I've now watched the game and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting after reading posts last night and this morning.

Yes they could have scored more and were a very good side, but we had a few nearly moments, but if we don't play at pace then our game isn't what it should be.

Do I think we should start with 4-4-2 the answer is no
Do I think KI, Shelvey and Sigurdsson can play at the same time................. again no.

As well as trying the 4-4-2 formation my Guess is that Monk wanted to give both Bony and Gomis as much game time as possible.

Then again my thoughts could have been different if I had watched it live and getting increasingly frustrated
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 19:04 - Aug 10 with 2508 viewsDarran

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 19:01 - Aug 10 by 3swan

I've now watched the game and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting after reading posts last night and this morning.

Yes they could have scored more and were a very good side, but we had a few nearly moments, but if we don't play at pace then our game isn't what it should be.

Do I think we should start with 4-4-2 the answer is no
Do I think KI, Shelvey and Sigurdsson can play at the same time................. again no.

As well as trying the 4-4-2 formation my Guess is that Monk wanted to give both Bony and Gomis as much game time as possible.

Then again my thoughts could have been different if I had watched it live and getting increasingly frustrated

I watched it again and thought the same we had a few efforts on target too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 19:10 - Aug 10 with 2482 views3swan

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 19:04 - Aug 10 by Darran

I watched it again and thought the same we had a few efforts on target too.

You agreeing blows my post then

With the players still to come back and a couple of buys we should be ok, but will have to stay clear of major injuries
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 19:17 - Aug 10 with 2444 viewsDarran

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 19:10 - Aug 10 by 3swan

You agreeing blows my post then

With the players still to come back and a couple of buys we should be ok, but will have to stay clear of major injuries

Absolutely,Britton in that team yesterday and it's a completely different scenario.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 19:43 - Aug 10 with 2383 viewsswansealad69

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 17:31 - Aug 10 by dgt73

Question for you :- were you forced to go to yesterday's match.?

What a stupid reply.
I have followed the swans since I was 10 and im 45 now.
I go because they are my club.
If they play well and lose then ok.
But they were shit and clueless yeasterdy and if u so somthing I didnt then let me know.
Please tell me how old u are as that reply was as bad as iv ever heard.
No I was not forced but I support them .
Why do u go u clown? If u are happy to see them lose without a fight then that just goes to show that u allso are a gutless turd.
Allso as u said my reply was a load off bollocks then explain why u think that not ask if I was forced to go.
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 20:23 - Aug 10 with 2330 viewsexiledclaseboy

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 17:58 - Aug 10 by AngelRangelQS

Sorry no. He should have abandoned the idea of ever playing a 4-4-2 just on the basis of a bad half in preseason.

We've played pretty much the same formation for 7 years and we've now got two good strikers who can hopefully play together, whether that's starting or later on in the game. It'll take time for the system to work and so preseason is the ideal time to test it out.

Then again that wouldn't fit your "monk is shit" opinion you've had since February and refuse to deviate from whatsoever

Careful, he'll start calling you "Sigmund" in a minute.

Poll: Tory leader

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 20:30 - Aug 10 with 2311 viewsWarwickHunt

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 20:23 - Aug 10 by exiledclaseboy

Careful, he'll start calling you "Sigmund" in a minute.

Graham Taylor would be more appropriate...
Login to get fewer ads

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 20:47 - Aug 10 with 2278 viewsRevJames

Something to brighten up the weekend if true http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-bid-wrap-
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 07:48 - Aug 11 with 2096 viewsScoobyWho

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 19:15 - Aug 9 by jojaca

Sorry!, no photo's. There was about 25/30 Brazilians a few rows down from me supporting the Swans. I absolutely felt gutted for them watching that today.

I love the way Garry says ' we have to strengthen the team '
fu ck me maestro your quick mate.
What has this man been doing ?
I'll tell you what he's been doing, sitting on his hands waiting for the
Board to give him players, and here is why.
Apparently now he and the board have to agree a short list ?
WTF has this man and this board been doing for two cu nting
Months for him now to say in fu cking august, 5 days before the season
Starts - we need to agree a short list !!!!!!

What this club doesn't need to return to is thicko's leading thicko's
Again. and by that I mean the club and fans, keep an eye on this one jacks.
Nip it in the bud early. No one is Indispensible.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 07:53 - Aug 11 with 2068 viewsScoobyWho

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 18:31 - Aug 9 by Brynmill_Jack

A lot of people on here put four hundred and fifty pounds a year into the clubs coffers (and that's a bare minimum). Why should they shut the feck up? And what positivity have you ever offered up on here? Hypocrite

Spot on brny !
I was May be over reactive but once again perfectly put by you.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 09:24 - Aug 11 with 1956 viewsStarsky

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 07:48 - Aug 11 by ScoobyWho

I love the way Garry says ' we have to strengthen the team '
fu ck me maestro your quick mate.
What has this man been doing ?
I'll tell you what he's been doing, sitting on his hands waiting for the
Board to give him players, and here is why.
Apparently now he and the board have to agree a short list ?
WTF has this man and this board been doing for two cu nting
Months for him now to say in fu cking august, 5 days before the season
Starts - we need to agree a short list !!!!!!

What this club doesn't need to return to is thicko's leading thicko's
Again. and by that I mean the club and fans, keep an eye on this one jacks.
Nip it in the bud early. No one is Indispensible.

Are you really in the know or are you just "apparently" making some of this stuff up?
Genuine question.

It's just the internet, init.

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 09:26 - Aug 11 with 1949 viewsStarsky

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 16:06 - Aug 10 by WarwickHunt

That would our *coughs* "agenda" - what a bunch of b@stards, eh?

So it's the bastads Vs the sheep then?

It's just the internet, init.

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 09:27 - Aug 11 with 1947 viewsWarwickHunt

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 09:26 - Aug 11 by Starsky

So it's the bastads Vs the sheep then?

Baaaaaaastards...
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 13:19 - Aug 11 with 1798 viewslondonlisa2001

Thankfully away for the weekend so missed most of the fall out !

Watched the game online on Saturday and thought we were pretty dreadful.
Negatives - Siggy was wasted out wide - had virtually no impact, Shelvey & Ki were too similar to play together and frequently got in each other's way - I thought Jonjo in particular didn't play well.
Thought Ash had a really poor game - he looked like he was carrying a bit of timber to me and was slow. Having said that, he's often like that in pre season so hopefully will improve once we get started.

Biggest issue for me though was right back. Much as I love Rangel, he's looking so laboured these days. I'm not sure that Bartley was particularly bad, I thought part of it was him being dragged out of position to cover for Rangel not getting back - Rangel really needs Dyer to cover him and when Dyer's not playing it really exposes him. More positive things - Montero looked good as did Gomis (I thought Bony looked a bit off the pace). Taylor played OK and Fabianski caught more high balls than Vorm did in the whole of the second half of last season.

In some ways, I'm quite glad it happened though. Although it was a pasting, it at least showed up the weaknesses (right back, defensive midfield and probably another wide player). The worry would have been that we looked great and thought we could get away with it. We obviously need to replace Chico as well.

Hoping for at least 3 players this week - centre back, defensive midfielder and full back with perhaps a wide player as well. Maybe 2 of those will be loans. Whatever, it needs sorting this week as we need them in for the first home match (we were always pretty likely to lose on Saturday whatever happened).
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 13:24 - Aug 11 with 1781 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 13:19 - Aug 11 by londonlisa2001

Thankfully away for the weekend so missed most of the fall out !

Watched the game online on Saturday and thought we were pretty dreadful.
Negatives - Siggy was wasted out wide - had virtually no impact, Shelvey & Ki were too similar to play together and frequently got in each other's way - I thought Jonjo in particular didn't play well.
Thought Ash had a really poor game - he looked like he was carrying a bit of timber to me and was slow. Having said that, he's often like that in pre season so hopefully will improve once we get started.

Biggest issue for me though was right back. Much as I love Rangel, he's looking so laboured these days. I'm not sure that Bartley was particularly bad, I thought part of it was him being dragged out of position to cover for Rangel not getting back - Rangel really needs Dyer to cover him and when Dyer's not playing it really exposes him. More positive things - Montero looked good as did Gomis (I thought Bony looked a bit off the pace). Taylor played OK and Fabianski caught more high balls than Vorm did in the whole of the second half of last season.

In some ways, I'm quite glad it happened though. Although it was a pasting, it at least showed up the weaknesses (right back, defensive midfield and probably another wide player). The worry would have been that we looked great and thought we could get away with it. We obviously need to replace Chico as well.

Hoping for at least 3 players this week - centre back, defensive midfielder and full back with perhaps a wide player as well. Maybe 2 of those will be loans. Whatever, it needs sorting this week as we need them in for the first home match (we were always pretty likely to lose on Saturday whatever happened).

What annoys me is we have been crying out for a RB, DM and a wide man since last season !!!

This should have been addressed way before 6 days before the season starts

and on top of that we need a new centre back

To be honest I think we have been very naive thinking we can get through without spending any money on replacements
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 13:32 - Aug 11 with 1769 viewslondonlisa2001

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 13:24 - Aug 11 by TenkosBlondeWig

What annoys me is we have been crying out for a RB, DM and a wide man since last season !!!

This should have been addressed way before 6 days before the season starts

and on top of that we need a new centre back

To be honest I think we have been very naive thinking we can get through without spending any money on replacements

I agree - I never understand, as I've said before, why everything in these windows get left so long - the only thing I disagree about with Warwick for example, is that I think all clubs do it, not just us. Man Utd will bring in another 4 or 5 players at least - never understand why it's not done and dusted in July rather than dragging into August.

Perhaps we are waiting for the 'big clubs' to get done before bringing in loans? Who knows. Anyway, as I said, at least Saturday will have focused the minds - if we had won that 3 nil and looked good then that would have been the worst possible outcome in some ways as the temptation would have been to leave it (or some of it at least).

The way we are at the moment, I'm beginning to think I'd rather Tiendalli on the right than Rangel for Saturday - at least he can shift.
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 13:40 - Aug 11 with 1739 viewsAngelRangelQS

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 13:32 - Aug 11 by londonlisa2001

I agree - I never understand, as I've said before, why everything in these windows get left so long - the only thing I disagree about with Warwick for example, is that I think all clubs do it, not just us. Man Utd will bring in another 4 or 5 players at least - never understand why it's not done and dusted in July rather than dragging into August.

Perhaps we are waiting for the 'big clubs' to get done before bringing in loans? Who knows. Anyway, as I said, at least Saturday will have focused the minds - if we had won that 3 nil and looked good then that would have been the worst possible outcome in some ways as the temptation would have been to leave it (or some of it at least).

The way we are at the moment, I'm beginning to think I'd rather Tiendalli on the right than Rangel for Saturday - at least he can shift.

The reason being is that there is usually a chain and you need for one to happen before the rest can. Most sides won't let players go without getting cover lined up first.

In an ideal world we'd have got this cover in sooner but I still maintain that gk, striker, attacking midfield and wing were more pressing concerns than what we're waiting for now.

We need a defensive midfielder IMO and that's the priority for me now (after we've added a centre back).

In terms of defence I said as soon as last season ended that I wanted us to spend decent money on a quality centre back and hopefully we'll do that now.
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 13:46 - Aug 11 with 1712 views_

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 13:32 - Aug 11 by londonlisa2001

There's a bigger problem than right back, Lisa, and a good summary from you in fairness... and that's the fact the 442 was Plan A. Kris o'Leary virtually said so on Radio Wales on Sat night. So with 6 days to go after that debacle, Monk - yep.... that Garry Monk, has to get them back in and start on a Plan B. Or in other words get back to what we know best.

Some things just haven't added up this summer and i'm fairly certain, Gomis wasn't brought in to play with Bony. I bet the board can't believe Bony is still with us and maybe, as a good mate of mine, alluded to earlier, is that we need Bony gone for decent money so we can bring in some other players. Maybe cashflow isn't as healthy as some may think.

Worse though is Monk thinking he can play everyone on the same park. He is showing his naivety and I worry that some of our players just wouldn't take too kindly to Monk benching them for the sake of our team and shape.

Talking of the bench - and the tour to the States - not going to be good enough for the EPL. Unbelievable bench compared to this time last year. How far backwards have we or are we falling here?

We are in a bit of a mess with a few days to go and working as hard as Monk has professed to do may just not be enough, I'm afraid.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 13:52 - Aug 11 with 1691 viewsAngelRangelQS

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 13:46 - Aug 11 by _

There's a bigger problem than right back, Lisa, and a good summary from you in fairness... and that's the fact the 442 was Plan A. Kris o'Leary virtually said so on Radio Wales on Sat night. So with 6 days to go after that debacle, Monk - yep.... that Garry Monk, has to get them back in and start on a Plan B. Or in other words get back to what we know best.

Some things just haven't added up this summer and i'm fairly certain, Gomis wasn't brought in to play with Bony. I bet the board can't believe Bony is still with us and maybe, as a good mate of mine, alluded to earlier, is that we need Bony gone for decent money so we can bring in some other players. Maybe cashflow isn't as healthy as some may think.

Worse though is Monk thinking he can play everyone on the same park. He is showing his naivety and I worry that some of our players just wouldn't take too kindly to Monk benching them for the sake of our team and shape.

Talking of the bench - and the tour to the States - not going to be good enough for the EPL. Unbelievable bench compared to this time last year. How far backwards have we or are we falling here?

We are in a bit of a mess with a few days to go and working as hard as Monk has professed to do may just not be enough, I'm afraid.

I think you're spot on with Bony/Gomis.

Amazed if he changes the formation this season to 4-4-2 with gylfi on the wing. Smacks of trying to name everyone in the same team, regardless of whether it works. The only place Gylfi should be playing is behind the striker. Wasted out wide
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 13:58 - Aug 11 with 1656 views_

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 13:52 - Aug 11 by AngelRangelQS

I think you're spot on with Bony/Gomis.

Amazed if he changes the formation this season to 4-4-2 with gylfi on the wing. Smacks of trying to name everyone in the same team, regardless of whether it works. The only place Gylfi should be playing is behind the striker. Wasted out wide

There maybe a time when Siggy (or Shelvey/Ki/Gomis/Bony) just can't or shouldn't play and Monk has to deal with that - somehow...

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 14:08 - Aug 11 with 1629 viewslondonlisa2001

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 13:46 - Aug 11 by _

I'm not too worried about the bench as such - largely because we had Britton, Routs, Dyer, Emnes all missing which would change the look of the bench substantially.

On the Bony thing - when Gomis was bought I thought we were buying as a replacement to Michu. But then Siggy was bought.

Some of the mutterings about cost of training grounds etc has made me think that it may well be that he was bought because we assumed that Bony would go for say £20m ish. For pretty much the first time watching the team on Saturday, I thought that if I was in charge, I would sell him at that sort of price in order to bring in 3 quality players (defensive midfield, full back and new back up striker). I believe that the Chico transfer will fund a new centre back (or pretty close to it) so I don't count that.
Must say that one of the reasons I thought that was that Gomis is better than I imagined he might be. He looks a good player and well capable of leading the line (in some ways, because he seems a little quicker, he may be better suited to our style of play then Bony - (I think we look a bit more 'hoof' than before partly because we're trying to play to Bony).

The issue is that anyone watching on Saturday, would really be loathe to pay £20m for Bony - particularly since he misses 6 weeks of this season. He looked sluggish. Now that may well be because he is not up to speed yet after the World Cup, but for £20m most teams would expect a real game changer and he didn't look like that on Saturday at all. Don't get me wrong - I think he's great and love watching him, but for a team like Liverpool etc - not so sure.

The other option we have is loans - I know we were in for Atsu who has gone to Everton, but someone similar (or a couple) may be the answer if cash is tight. Not ideal, but at least it gets us where we need to be this season and we then think again next season.
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 14:11 - Aug 11 with 1617 viewsAngelRangelQS

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 14:08 - Aug 11 by londonlisa2001

I'm not too worried about the bench as such - largely because we had Britton, Routs, Dyer, Emnes all missing which would change the look of the bench substantially.

On the Bony thing - when Gomis was bought I thought we were buying as a replacement to Michu. But then Siggy was bought.

Some of the mutterings about cost of training grounds etc has made me think that it may well be that he was bought because we assumed that Bony would go for say £20m ish. For pretty much the first time watching the team on Saturday, I thought that if I was in charge, I would sell him at that sort of price in order to bring in 3 quality players (defensive midfield, full back and new back up striker). I believe that the Chico transfer will fund a new centre back (or pretty close to it) so I don't count that.
Must say that one of the reasons I thought that was that Gomis is better than I imagined he might be. He looks a good player and well capable of leading the line (in some ways, because he seems a little quicker, he may be better suited to our style of play then Bony - (I think we look a bit more 'hoof' than before partly because we're trying to play to Bony).

The issue is that anyone watching on Saturday, would really be loathe to pay £20m for Bony - particularly since he misses 6 weeks of this season. He looked sluggish. Now that may well be because he is not up to speed yet after the World Cup, but for £20m most teams would expect a real game changer and he didn't look like that on Saturday at all. Don't get me wrong - I think he's great and love watching him, but for a team like Liverpool etc - not so sure.

The other option we have is loans - I know we were in for Atsu who has gone to Everton, but someone similar (or a couple) may be the answer if cash is tight. Not ideal, but at least it gets us where we need to be this season and we then think again next season.

My opinion and I know others won't agree but I don't think Bony is good enough to be at a top 4 club
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 14:13 - Aug 11 with 1609 viewslondonlisa2001

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 13:58 - Aug 11 by _

There maybe a time when Siggy (or Shelvey/Ki/Gomis/Bony) just can't or shouldn't play and Monk has to deal with that - somehow...

oh - I should have said by the way - 4 4 2 - not a chance we should play that - we don't have the players for it.

The only way I could see Bony and Gomis together is if Gomis plays wide (he's faster than Bony so would be the only option). In other words, if we had Siggy behind, Bony up front and say Routs and Gomis as wide forwards. Having said that, I think that leaves Rangel far too exposed (you need a really quick full back to play like that) and he looked on Saturday like he was running through treacle.

For me - Dyron the right (provides the most cover for Rangel), Monetro or Routledge on the left, Siggy in behind and one of bony / Gomis up front. And only 1 of Ki / Shelvey with either Britton or a new defensive midfielder.
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 14:15 - Aug 11 with 1601 viewslondonlisa2001

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 14:11 - Aug 11 by AngelRangelQS

My opinion and I know others won't agree but I don't think Bony is good enough to be at a top 4 club

I think he'd be great at Chelsea. Not the others.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024