Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulham-welcome to your nightmare 18:55 - Aug 9 with 5871 viewsenfieldargh

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Fulham-welcome to your nightmare on 19:25 - Aug 10 with 1218 viewsthemodfather

well done ipswich..wonder if the fulham fan managed to get those ipswich youth ejected, like we did??

gates will drop when they struggle and we'll all be proven right.
Fulham-welcome to your nightmare on 06:03 - Aug 11 with 1092 viewsCanadaRanger

Fulham-welcome to your nightmare on 19:25 - Aug 10 by themodfather

well done ipswich..wonder if the fulham fan managed to get those ipswich youth ejected, like we did??

gates will drop when they struggle and we'll all be proven right.

Were those youth ex-tractor fans?

:)
Fulham-welcome to your nightmare on 09:24 - Aug 11 with 1036 viewseasthertsr

The Fools are on the way to the conference, mark my words, £11 million McCormack was complete pony, a manager who hasn't a clue about the Championship and a rapidly diminishing fan base. And the man who is on Pringle tubes in charge, what could possibly go wrong?
Fulham-welcome to your nightmare on 09:28 - Aug 11 with 1030 viewspaulparker

I hope they get relegated I had a fiver on them at 40-1 last week
they have to many youngsters and not enough championship players to make any mark
this year,i can see them doing a Wolves , expect Penfold to get the Spanish Archer in the next couple of weeks

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Fulham-welcome to your nightmare on 10:23 - Aug 11 with 1005 viewsKonk

Fulham-welcome to your nightmare on 09:24 - Aug 11 by easthertsr

The Fools are on the way to the conference, mark my words, £11 million McCormack was complete pony, a manager who hasn't a clue about the Championship and a rapidly diminishing fan base. And the man who is on Pringle tubes in charge, what could possibly go wrong?

Bloody Hell — we’re only one game into the season and you’ve got us heading to the conference, McCormack’s a terrible signing after 57 minutes, our fanbase is rapidly diminishing despite the fact that we haven’t actually played a home game yet and season ticket sales are only about 1,000 down on the previous season, and we’re doomed because the man in charge worth $2bn and presumably keen to see us promoted to get some of his £200m back, has a silly moustache.

We had eight players making their debuts on Saturday — not exactly ideal — and we definitely need to add some experience and steel to the side, but I’m not going to start panicking when there are still 45 games to go! Most people I know aren’t expecting us to go up this year, but a promising season of consolidation this year with the youngsters gaining some experience and we should be in a far stronger position next season. We have no debt, the wage bill has been massively reduced with Rodallega, Ruiz and Mitroglu also expected to leave before the window shuts, and we’ll probably end-up making a small profit on trading this summer, so finances shouldn’t be an issue.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Fulham-welcome to your nightmare on 10:34 - Aug 11 with 980 viewsMark1

Out of interest Konk,do you know how many Fulham went on Saturday.Most of my Fulham mates were at Rebellion in Blackpool.
Fulham-welcome to your nightmare on 10:45 - Aug 11 with 969 viewsRangersw12

Fulham-welcome to your nightmare on 10:23 - Aug 11 by Konk

Bloody Hell — we’re only one game into the season and you’ve got us heading to the conference, McCormack’s a terrible signing after 57 minutes, our fanbase is rapidly diminishing despite the fact that we haven’t actually played a home game yet and season ticket sales are only about 1,000 down on the previous season, and we’re doomed because the man in charge worth $2bn and presumably keen to see us promoted to get some of his £200m back, has a silly moustache.

We had eight players making their debuts on Saturday — not exactly ideal — and we definitely need to add some experience and steel to the side, but I’m not going to start panicking when there are still 45 games to go! Most people I know aren’t expecting us to go up this year, but a promising season of consolidation this year with the youngsters gaining some experience and we should be in a far stronger position next season. We have no debt, the wage bill has been massively reduced with Rodallega, Ruiz and Mitroglu also expected to leave before the window shuts, and we’ll probably end-up making a small profit on trading this summer, so finances shouldn’t be an issue.

The problem you have is that if the youngsters do well and you don't go up they will all be sold in the summer so I think you will need to go up this year in order to keep them

The longer you're in the Championship the harder it is to get out of
Fulham-welcome to your nightmare on 10:58 - Aug 11 with 955 viewsTopCat34

Surely the 'little engine that could' Fulham FC would not spend £11m on an unfit Ross McCormack? They just ooze class don't they? And it's good to see those plucky Londoners earning their stripes in the second tier, and throwing punches with the big boys. Not to mention that Nirvana that is Craven Cottage, where fun & frolics can be enjoyed by the all the family, as we watch Scott Parker punt the ball into Row Z or Sascha Reither stamp on a 17 year old. Fulham are doing it the right way, and everybody else would do well to follow their lead.
Login to get fewer ads

Fulham-welcome to your nightmare on 10:59 - Aug 11 with 953 viewsKonk

I think it was 1539 - not amazing, but not terrible. Half of my lot were either on holiday or playing cricket, and that's always the case with the first couple of weeks of the season..

Fulham-welcome to your nightmare on 11:10 - Aug 11 with 936 viewsMark1

Cheers Konk.
Fulham-welcome to your nightmare on 11:19 - Aug 11 with 924 viewshoof_hearted

Fulham-welcome to your nightmare on 10:59 - Aug 11 by Konk

I think it was 1539 - not amazing, but not terrible. Half of my lot were either on holiday or playing cricket, and that's always the case with the first couple of weeks of the season..

That's a decent following for August. Very disappointing for us. The fans who were following FFC for the years before it became the 57th state of the USA are well up for this season. Proper old school moaning about expecting to go down and looking forward to the away games without the PL crappiness. I reckon the home crowds will suffer more than the away following. No tourists in the championship.

Anyway, Konk, mon bon home, this time last year I remember ribbing you (not really expecting it myself) that Fulham would go down and you were very confident they wouldn't. How did that work out for you? .
Fulham-welcome to your nightmare on 12:37 - Aug 11 with 886 viewsKonk

Fulham-welcome to your nightmare on 11:19 - Aug 11 by hoof_hearted

That's a decent following for August. Very disappointing for us. The fans who were following FFC for the years before it became the 57th state of the USA are well up for this season. Proper old school moaning about expecting to go down and looking forward to the away games without the PL crappiness. I reckon the home crowds will suffer more than the away following. No tourists in the championship.

Anyway, Konk, mon bon home, this time last year I remember ribbing you (not really expecting it myself) that Fulham would go down and you were very confident they wouldn't. How did that work out for you? .

My view is that whilst I wasn’t exactly praying for relegation, I’m enjoying not having a clue how we’ll get on this season — chuck in eight players making their debuts and this could be the most unpredictable season I can remember.

Reckon our away support will be respectable if we have an okay season as some new grounds for our younger fans and lots of places to revisit after a long break for the rest of us.

Our home support — I think we’ve shifted 11,500 season tickets and whilst we’ll definitely lose the PL fans, our core support should hold up pretty well, and with a decent season, I think home tickets sold will be a few thousand down, but still decent for a club of our size. Certainly not getting the impression that “proper” Fulham will be staying away because of relegation, so I’d have thought at least 15-16,000 Fulham in every week if we have a half-decent season.

It’s true I thought we’d have too much to go down in a pretty rank average division, but then I didn’t know Berbatov’s contribution was going to be limited to throwing strops in the centre circle, that Stekelenburg was going to be physically and mentally fragile, that Ruiz was going to disappear, that Hangeland would continue to be blighted by injury, that we STILL wouldn’t sign a proper LB, that Darren Bent, Taarabt and Riise would eat themselves into comas, and that Scott Parker would age twenty years in the space of a few weeks. Oh, or that Jol would carry on where he left off and that we’d then have the biggest fu ck about ever with appointing managers. I also had no way on Earth of guessing that some daft c unt would think the answer to our problems was to invite No 1 silly cu nt Ray fu cking Wilkins to help out with coaching.

Fulham-welcome to your nightmare on 12:55 - Aug 11 with 860 viewsBlackCrowe

Fulham-welcome to your nightmare on 12:37 - Aug 11 by Konk

My view is that whilst I wasn’t exactly praying for relegation, I’m enjoying not having a clue how we’ll get on this season — chuck in eight players making their debuts and this could be the most unpredictable season I can remember.

Reckon our away support will be respectable if we have an okay season as some new grounds for our younger fans and lots of places to revisit after a long break for the rest of us.

Our home support — I think we’ve shifted 11,500 season tickets and whilst we’ll definitely lose the PL fans, our core support should hold up pretty well, and with a decent season, I think home tickets sold will be a few thousand down, but still decent for a club of our size. Certainly not getting the impression that “proper” Fulham will be staying away because of relegation, so I’d have thought at least 15-16,000 Fulham in every week if we have a half-decent season.

It’s true I thought we’d have too much to go down in a pretty rank average division, but then I didn’t know Berbatov’s contribution was going to be limited to throwing strops in the centre circle, that Stekelenburg was going to be physically and mentally fragile, that Ruiz was going to disappear, that Hangeland would continue to be blighted by injury, that we STILL wouldn’t sign a proper LB, that Darren Bent, Taarabt and Riise would eat themselves into comas, and that Scott Parker would age twenty years in the space of a few weeks. Oh, or that Jol would carry on where he left off and that we’d then have the biggest fu ck about ever with appointing managers. I also had no way on Earth of guessing that some daft c unt would think the answer to our problems was to invite No 1 silly cu nt Ray fu cking Wilkins to help out with coaching.

LOL. Yes, but other than all that...

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Fulham-welcome to your nightmare on 12:58 - Aug 11 with 855 viewshoof_hearted

First season down everyone renews so they can keep their seats and get early bird prices for the inevitable promotion that follows.*

*Warnings: Clubs can go down and down as well as down and up. Attendance figures include absent season ticket holders. Lethargy may set in after a couple of home defeats and cold weather. Millwall fans may cause anxiety. Keep out of the reach of children.
Fulham-welcome to your nightmare on 12:52 - Aug 12 with 803 viewsSuffolkHoop

The away attendance at Portman Road always seems to be reported lower than it actually is. Fulham taking 1500 isn't too bad for the first game of the season, even if it is one of the easiest away games of the year for London clubs. The team wasn't great and they didn't really deserve anything from the game. Watch out for Town though, they're in for a good season.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2014 12:53]
Fulham-welcome to your nightmare on 17:56 - Aug 12 with 730 viewsterryb

I loved the commentary on Sky.

"Fulham havn't managed to score a league goal at Portman Road since 1963".

What he failed to mention was they had only played one league game there since that date!

Konk, did you manage to visit establishments like The Dove or were you restricted to the normal shite pubs that visitors are meant to stay in?

You were there a week to early as the beer festival is on this weekend!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024