Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Usual punch between fans 19:46 - Sep 27 with 19639 viewswombat

Did anyone see what happened ? We had the aftermath as they was taking the guy concerned out when the Southampton steward thought it was a great idea to try and drag the guy who wasn't reissting down the stairs he wedged his feet on the stairs and tried to find extra leverage and landed in our laps . Way way over the top from the steward

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Usual punch between fans on 23:59 - Sep 28 with 2630 viewsLoftusRdW12

Usual punch between fans on 23:43 - Sep 28 by Pommyhoop

Nice avatar Loftus.
Where is it? And did you do it?

Cheers Pommy.

I took it in Morocco a few years ago.

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

Usual punch between fans on 01:16 - Sep 29 with 2562 viewsDWQPR

Usual punch between fans on 22:39 - Sep 28 by Rblock_James

Yeah, that's right.

I'm automatically a moron that picks on other fans just because I want to stand up at a football match

We're not all coked up idiots just because we prefer to stand.

That's the trouble with the 'sit down brigade' you all think we're hooligans for wanting to get behind the lads in a more boisterous way.

Those who sit are making following Rangers one of the most dullest experiences going.

NO, morons like you make going to away games an onourous experience for those that want to sit, watch and cheer on the side. Your argument is that of a twelve year old, many people want to sit, many people have to sit and many people find that sitting gives them the best view, such as younger kids. As I said, the difference in atmosphere hasn't changed since the introduction of all seater grounds in my experience, but what I have noticed over the lat few years with going away with QPR is an increase in the moronic element, not only turning on their own, but the singing of some sick songs and the goading of opposition support which I really cannot understand as it only encourages them to sing.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Usual punch between fans on 06:23 - Sep 29 with 2469 viewsHantsHoop

I know that I'm in the minority, but I CAN'T stand - I walk with two walking sticks. The wall of standing people in front of me ruined the day for me at Southampton. And no, I don't think I'm any less of a fan because I can't stand. People should have more consideration for others.
Usual punch between fans on 06:34 - Sep 29 with 2448 viewsHayesender

Southampton away has always seemed to be earmarked as one of those games that a lot of fans just go to to get as drunk as possible.

I didn't go due to money issues, but I've been there many times and it always attracts some of our more moronic supporters

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Usual punch between fans on 06:41 - Sep 29 with 2444 viewsessextaxiboy

Usual punch between fans on 23:26 - Sep 28 by LoftusRdW12

This is actually the best thread I've read on here for a long time.

Not the usual clash of opinions and fantasy.

A proper discussion about real problems at our club.

People arguing about whether to sit down or stand up, dissected by accounts of drug taking , terrorising our young fans and "fans "who dont even bother to watch the game .

And thats not depressing ? .

And the same ones would count themselves as our"most loyal" fans and bleat about the money spent when the team does not perform .

Lets face it , for a great number its all about having a full english , followed by as much booze as you can manage depending on the length of the trip , lunchtime in the away pub , a beer or two at the ground and being vaguely aware that the game is going on while queing for for more beer or emptying the last one into a stainless steel urinal .

Once home its straight on here to start a post with "well I went today so......"
Usual punch between fans on 07:49 - Sep 29 with 2378 viewspaesanu

Usual punch between fans on 23:55 - Sep 28 by OakR

I know what you mean, but what occurred is genuinely depressing.

What would be great is if someone from the club (I assume these forums are read) managed to find the father son and invite them to some sort of VIP day, maybe meet the players before the game to get the son back on a positive note.

Nice idea but never going to happen. No club is going tto offer a gesture like that, it stains the brochure image of the club and it will open tthe doors to countless requests every week.

The club can't legislate for tvvats, I tell you who can though. Someone reading this thread knows these two gentlemen, how about they come forward and make amends to the 10 year old.

Unlikely they will, but if there's a chance it could change a little boy's confidence. A letter of apology with a gift voucher for example would be totally unexpected from a cokehead but bloody hell wouldn't that restore some faith in humanity.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Usual punch between fans on 08:28 - Sep 29 with 2304 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Usual punch between fans on 07:49 - Sep 29 by paesanu

Nice idea but never going to happen. No club is going tto offer a gesture like that, it stains the brochure image of the club and it will open tthe doors to countless requests every week.

The club can't legislate for tvvats, I tell you who can though. Someone reading this thread knows these two gentlemen, how about they come forward and make amends to the 10 year old.

Unlikely they will, but if there's a chance it could change a little boy's confidence. A letter of apology with a gift voucher for example would be totally unexpected from a cokehead but bloody hell wouldn't that restore some faith in humanity.

I am pretty sure I read on one of the facebook forums a post from someone who was posting about being ejected. It sounded like the same incident. I think the group was 'qprfans'
Did anyone else read that?
Usual punch between fans on 08:46 - Sep 29 with 2277 viewsheadhoops

As mentioned previously I watched the game from a corporate box with 8 saints regulars. They said that we had a decent following but were quieter than many of the clubs who brought less down.

On the subject of sitting/standing its not beyond the scope of technology for tickets to be allocated to 'front' or 'back'. Those in the front like us 50+ can choose to sit down - everyone usually stands at the exciting bits (less frequent than ever these days) or at the back those who prefer standing can do so. I like to sing and shout encouragement and I cringe at the homophobic/remy sh1t.

What is not acceptable at any stage are the few and I say few morons that get so tanked up they abuse 10 year old boys. The kid and fact his dad are unlikely to go to an away trip again. Like we have millions of fans dying to join us.

On a more humorous note from our vantage point it did sound like it was our fans singing HR we Fuc£ing hate you.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Login to get fewer ads

Usual punch between fans on 09:02 - Sep 29 with 2247 viewsKonk

I don’t know where this myth that “every other club” stands all game comes from. I’ve seen fans moaning about this on so many club’s forums, with people complaining that their club is the only club in the country where the entire away end doesn’t stand every week. It’s absolute b ollocks.

In the good old/sh it old days, you had a seating allocation and an away terrace, so those that wanted/needed to sit could do that without staring at some bloke’s back all game. Great system that kept everyone happy. I always used to stand, and still do if I have a choice between terrace and seats, but at some stage, I'll no doubt prefer to sit.

Why should some bloke who’s been following his team for sixty+ years either have to stand in discomfort or miss half the match because some people in front want to be “proper” fans and stand all game even if it means that their fellow supporters can’t see what’s going on? My Dad’s stopped watching top level football because his legs aren’t up to standing all game or getting up and down every two minutes, and he can’t see the point in spending his afternoon either staring at someone’s back or arguing with people who don’t want to sit down.

Our online ticketing now let’s you choose your seats for away games, which is handy because previously the people booking first often got the shi t tickets down the front. This argument that if you don’t want to stand, you should sit at the front winds me up: down the front you get soaked in the rain and you often have a terrible view. Why should kids and older fans get dumped in the sh it seats?

People just sitting in any old seats because they want to sit with their mates do my head in when a section’s full. You’ve booked your tickets separately, but you’ll just take other people’s seats and even though they’ve booked theirs together, they should wander round until they find 4/5 seats together, in the hope that they don’t then get booted out of them when the ticket holders for those seats inevitably turn up.

I think you get a better atmosphere when people are stood, and for the time being I prefer to stand, but if it’s a choice between sitting or ruining someone else’s day, I don’t need asking twice to sit down. And it's entirely possible to sing whilst sat down - I did it for most of our game on Saturday without any trouble. It’s just this massive culture of fu ck everyone else, that’s all too prevalent.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Usual punch between fans on 09:02 - Sep 29 with 2245 viewsRangersw12

Usual punch between fans on 08:28 - Sep 29 by CroydonCaptJack

I am pretty sure I read on one of the facebook forums a post from someone who was posting about being ejected. It sounded like the same incident. I think the group was 'qprfans'
Did anyone else read that?

Yeah I read that , I think its the same fella as I recognised him from the incident

He was claiming he was punched in the back of the head first or something and was chucked out for reacting
Usual punch between fans on 09:08 - Sep 29 with 2232 viewsRangersw12

Regarding the "poor" atmosphere at away games I think a lot of it is down to the fact there is no bond between the fans and players and if the players can't be bothered to put a shift in why should the fans

Regarding standing at games it seems to be the new fad on social media that if all the away fans don't stand then it's classed as rubbish support for some reason it will soon pass along with the pyro's etc

End of the day if people want to sit and watch the game then they should be allowed to do that in peace and the same way if people want to get in the p iss with there mates then people shouldn't be looking down their nose at them.

As long as you don't interfere with other peoples day then for me people can do what they want and they shouldn't be judged by anyone
Usual punch between fans on 09:13 - Sep 29 with 2205 viewsDiscodroids

never understood getting on it large at football.

5 pints in and your in the khazi every 2o minutes, and as for doing kibble at a football game..why compress 90 minutes into 5 minutes ??.

isnt paying £40 for your ticket and £60 for your oats for 5 mins of 'action' something only a hatstand of epic proportions would do??.perhaps he'd just factored his cost per minute to expense ratio and realised he'd been a daft wee soak yet again.

anyone who has to charge up or get pissed to have a ruck is a fkn coward or lives at home with his mum at 40 who makes his ham and chicken paste mighty whites for his lunch box for his day at price waterhouse updating the tangible asset register.

if he's a good boy , mummy might pack his umbongo(they make it in the congo)

really feel for that poor dad and his boy today.disgusting.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 9:21]

'From Little Acorns, Harold..'

Usual punch between fans on 09:17 - Sep 29 with 2189 viewsNorthernr

Usual punch between fans on 09:02 - Sep 29 by Rangersw12

Yeah I read that , I think its the same fella as I recognised him from the incident

He was claiming he was punched in the back of the head first or something and was chucked out for reacting

Reacted to being punched in the back of the head by turning round and screaming in a guy's face "support your fcking team"?

Have to say, somebody punched me in the back of the head, I'm not sure that's what my first reaction would be.

It can't be the same guy. That's an absolute crock of sht if it is.
Usual punch between fans on 09:19 - Sep 29 with 2177 viewsNorthernr

Usual punch between fans on 09:17 - Sep 29 by Northernr

Reacted to being punched in the back of the head by turning round and screaming in a guy's face "support your fcking team"?

Have to say, somebody punched me in the back of the head, I'm not sure that's what my first reaction would be.

On the standing/sitting thing - it's surely not beyond the technology to be able to request front, middle or back tickets, so you can order at the back if you want to stand?
Usual punch between fans on 09:23 - Sep 29 with 2161 viewsRangersw12

The fella I saw screaming at someone behind him had glasses on so don't know if its the same incident you're on about or not
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 9:24]
Usual punch between fans on 09:28 - Sep 29 with 2143 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I will try and find it later Clive and post the link.
Seems quite a co-incidence if it is not the same incident.
Usual punch between fans on 09:39 - Sep 29 with 2095 viewsJeff

Usual punch between fans on 09:23 - Sep 29 by Rangersw12

The fella I saw screaming at someone behind him had glasses on so don't know if its the same incident you're on about or not
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 9:24]

There were two seperate, although linked incidents.

the big guy with glasses dressed in black was the first to kick off against the guy with the kid, going properly bat sh*t crazy. he was probably early forties, certainly not a lad. he was the one bellowing about 'supporting your team'

two seats or so to the left of him was the guy who will be known as the 'pr*ck in the purple', who was with his girlfriend. no idea if he's older guys son, but was probably circa 21. he joined in after the older guy. Pr*ck in the purple was the hero who sniped at the man with kid whilst hiding behind his GF, trying to suggest that he was protecting her, despite him being the entire source of danger. he spent five minutes hugging and kissing her, and then thought that round two would be a good idea, despite the fact that circa 100 people were now watching him like a hawk and not afraid to let him know what they thought...

Can we not knock it?

Usual punch between fans on 09:46 - Sep 29 with 2065 viewspaulparker

IMHO there's seems to be a lot of snobbery among fans of Rangers to who's a "Proper "fan & who isn't , this has been going on the last 5-6 years home & away,
ever since really we've had money to spend on players ,
when we were struggling in league 1 & the championship the away support was one of the best in the divisions , standing or sitting, those were the days we backed the players with non stop singing
the expectation doesn't help, nor does the fact we have expensive players who play like they are in the dog& duck first eleven, all of this adds to the horrible atmosphere we have home & away now
maybe if we were the plucky underdogs again this wouldn't happen ,
also the divs who had a pop at the lad with his kid, I wonder where they are when Leeds, Cardiff & millwall come to town, hiding in the pub most likely

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Usual punch between fans on 10:02 - Sep 29 with 2017 viewscollegeranger

I was about 5 rows back and saw the kid crying. I don't know him and his father but they sit 6 seats away from me in the Ellerslie and are season tickets holders, they are usually there with an older gent I assume to be the grandfather. I can honestly say in the 5 years or so I have sat there I have never seen the father be other than a quiet keep themselves to themselves types. They tend to leave it a bit early (to get the kid out safely) as I do sometimes when I have one of my young daughters with me. The fact that the son looked so distressed on Saturday I hope won't put them off ever going to away match again. The guy next to me filmed with his phone some of the incident and I hope he posts it on You Tube so we can all see the culprit and the knob in purple!!
Usual punch between fans on 10:11 - Sep 29 with 1990 viewsCambsHoop

Usual punch between fans on 15:03 - Sep 28 by Rblock_James

If the majority want to sit down then fine, but can we all finally admit that our away support is fcking shite and no more Fulham piss taking.

Those who want to sit are so bloody lucky you support QPR.

90% of clubs stand away from home. Fact.

Sitting down kills the atmosphere, it's not even up for debate.

And if you can't grip that idea then you never will.

"If the majority want to sit down then fine, but can we all finally admit that our away support is fcking shite and no more Fulham piss taking."
Our support is similar to Fulham's. Get over it.

"Those who want to sit are so bloody lucky you support QPR."
No idea what that means but sounds good.

"90% of clubs stand away from home. Fact."
Fact eh? 90%. You've obviously looked into this.

"Sitting down kills the atmosphere, it's not even up for debate."
OK, can't debate that then. Presumably another fact.

"And if you can't grip that idea then you never will."
Thanks for enlightening us.
Usual punch between fans on 10:33 - Sep 29 with 1923 viewsTopCat34

The thing about it is - the problem is getting worse. Now, I find myself being judged for standing up when the ball gets near the goal or it's a corner - even a penalty. Where did this sense of entitlement come from?

As for standing away, I've seen many comments on here about people not liking the closeness with the Southampton fans and abuse. Well, 99% of the time the closest fans are always standing so don't you feel more exposed for abuse sitting down? Just a thought.

We are seemingly the quietest in the league, even LR is like a morgue. And there is one constant, we always sit down.
Usual punch between fans on 10:42 - Sep 29 with 1894 viewsAntti_Heinola

Usual punch between fans on 09:08 - Sep 29 by Rangersw12

Regarding the "poor" atmosphere at away games I think a lot of it is down to the fact there is no bond between the fans and players and if the players can't be bothered to put a shift in why should the fans

Regarding standing at games it seems to be the new fad on social media that if all the away fans don't stand then it's classed as rubbish support for some reason it will soon pass along with the pyro's etc

End of the day if people want to sit and watch the game then they should be allowed to do that in peace and the same way if people want to get in the p iss with there mates then people shouldn't be looking down their nose at them.

As long as you don't interfere with other peoples day then for me people can do what they want and they shouldn't be judged by anyone

Very good point Rangers.
Sadly, with the club's 'strategy' of buying a new team every 6 months that disconnect is inevitable. It's got to the stage now where fans are so desperate for someone to cling to on the pitch that the man they choose is Barton, who's treated this club with more disrespect than almost any in history (and I don't mean taking his son to a bl00dy football match when injured).

Bare bones.

Usual punch between fans on 10:48 - Sep 29 with 1876 viewsNW5Hoop

Usual punch between fans on 09:19 - Sep 29 by Northernr

On the standing/sitting thing - it's surely not beyond the technology to be able to request front, middle or back tickets, so you can order at the back if you want to stand?

I wrote a piece arguing that the other day. It seems even an idea as simple as that marks you out as not a real fan. Among the responses I got were:
"[The writer] basically looks exactly like you'd expect him too; an absolute middleclass tosser who should be at the opera, not football."
"Why not throw in a pre order booking system for a programme and a pre match meal. Perhaps a vegan option? A massage?"
"what sort of wet lettuce sits down at away games? As soon as your cheeks hit the seat, you should be marched out"
"clearly you're a bit of an idiot."
"He's a whinging shit. try going to the footy in the balkans, Greece or turkey and having a whinge. This article sums up a large part of the issues with football in this country."
"I want to watch a football match from the centre of the pitch, while the game happens around me. That's all I want. I'm not asking for the moon on a stick, here."
"Snob much?"
Usual punch between fans on 11:38 - Sep 29 with 1768 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Usual punch between fans on 09:28 - Sep 29 by CroydonCaptJack

I will try and find it later Clive and post the link.
Seems quite a co-incidence if it is not the same incident.

I can't see it on there any more.
I reckon the guy must have removed it now.
Usual punch between fans on 11:38 - Sep 29 with 1768 viewsBuzsakyIsGod

Usual punch between fans on 15:03 - Sep 28 by Rblock_James

If the majority want to sit down then fine, but can we all finally admit that our away support is fcking shite and no more Fulham piss taking.

Those who want to sit are so bloody lucky you support QPR.

90% of clubs stand away from home. Fact.

Sitting down kills the atmosphere, it's not even up for debate.

And if you can't grip that idea then you never will.

"Those who want to sit are so bloody lucky you support QPR. "

Why thank you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024