Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rado Manchester football hour 18:24 - Dec 22 with 4968 viewsLS27Rdale

Andy Ritchie and Col Cavanagh...with Jimmy Wagg. 6 till 7
Rado Manchester football hour on 18:43 - Dec 22 with 4911 views442Dale

Hope Col called him "matey" all the time.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rado Manchester football hour on 20:11 - Dec 22 with 4743 viewsTVOS1907

About time they had someone on who knew something about the game.

And Col.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rado Manchester football hour on 20:14 - Dec 22 with 4729 viewsFrog

Col who?
Rado Manchester football hour on 20:44 - Dec 22 with 4654 viewsnordenblue

Rado Manchester football hour on 20:11 - Dec 22 by TVOS1907

About time they had someone on who knew something about the game.

And Col.

Speaking of which i saw Steve Err today,a man who really does know his onions on all things football
Rado Manchester football hour on 20:52 - Dec 22 with 4613 viewsToffeemanc

Rado Manchester football hour on 20:44 - Dec 22 by nordenblue

Speaking of which i saw Steve Err today,a man who really does know his onions on all things football

Was he selling the onions on the market, or just crying over the onions because he couldn't manage to arrange them into a formation that looked good for the display?

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Rado Manchester football hour on 21:04 - Dec 22 with 4576 viewsBrighouseDale

Says "Cole" Cavanah on the BBC play again site. What's with all these American names nowadays?

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Rado Manchester football hour on 21:15 - Dec 22 with 4528 views442Dale

Rado Manchester football hour on 21:04 - Dec 22 by BrighouseDale

Says "Cole" Cavanah on the BBC play again site. What's with all these American names nowadays?

Nat King Cole?

Rado Manchester football hour on 21:18 - Dec 22 with 4518 viewsTVOS1907

Rado Manchester football hour on 21:04 - Dec 22 by BrighouseDale

Col
Cole
Carl

It must be very confusing for him.

Login to get fewer ads

Rado Manchester football hour on 21:40 - Dec 22 with 4453 viewsBrighouseDale

Jimmy Wagg- "I went to Bury earlier this season and everything about the club inspires you when you walk through the door..."

First time I've listened to Jimmy Wagg but he just lost my respect.

Rado Manchester football hour on 21:43 - Dec 22 with 4430 views442Dale

Rado Manchester football hour on 21:40 - Dec 22 by BrighouseDale

Jimmy Wagg- "I went to Bury earlier this season and everything about the club inspires you when you walk through the door..."

First time I've listened to Jimmy Wagg but he just lost my respect.

He said that tonight?

Christ, he can't help but be a repetitive bore. Always looks for reasons to involve himself in a subject.

Rado Manchester football hour on 21:46 - Dec 22 with 4412 viewsBrighouseDale

Rado Manchester football hour on 21:43 - Dec 22 by 442Dale

He said that tonight?

Christ, he can't help but be a repetitive bore. Always looks for reasons to involve himself in a subject.

He did indeed say that. Must be easily impressed.

Rado Manchester football hour on 21:46 - Dec 22 with 4409 viewsDomDale

I didn't listen but glad we got some coverage. Feel we get a raw deal from Radio "Manchester" sometimes. Heavy focus on Bolton week in week out

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Rado Manchester football hour on 22:23 - Dec 22 with 4318 viewsTVOS1907

Rado Manchester football hour on 21:43 - Dec 22 by 442Dale

He said that tonight?

To be fair, it would have to be earlier this season.

Why doesn't he go back there now and see if he's still inspired?

Rado Manchester football hour on 23:11 - Dec 22 with 4224 viewsBrighouseDale

Enjoyed Col's summary of The Premiership at the end. I'm off work this week with f#ck all else to do, so here's what he said-

"Bores the life out of me, the premiership, it absolutely does. I watched the City / Palace game in the pub before the game on Saturday. If Palace had got a goal their fans would have been celebrating like they'd won the cup, and that's the mentality for... apart from the top four teams, getting a point... teams are cheering for getting draws at home. If they can't go to a game with a hope of winning, then football's lost its edge for me. And thankfully lower down the divisions in your Championship, League One, League Two, that's still there. But the Premiership it's... it's not football for me any more."

"I think when the premiership kicked in, it was always forecast that this was gonna kill off teams like Rochdale. That was the big thing that would become "the super league", almost, in English football. Since it kicked in, in '92, our average crowds were about 1500. Now we're looking at crowds... our average this season is close to 4000. A lot of that is down to away supporters but we as a club have moved on during the time that the premiership is there, even though it was predicted that it was gonna kill us off. It's just important to get what we're doing right, and everything else will kick into place."

Well said Col!

Rado Manchester football hour on 09:16 - Dec 23 with 4013 viewsdingdangblue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02dzd93

Some great answers there Col (when you weren't interrupted!!!) - don't think Jimmy was too impressed with your views on all things Premier League.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rado Manchester football hour on 10:05 - Dec 23 with 3944 viewslurker

Those comments on the premiershit are going to come back to bite him on the arse when we get there in the next couple of years
Rado Manchester football hour on 11:35 - Dec 23 with 3862 viewspioneer

Rado Manchester football hour on 10:05 - Dec 23 by lurker

Those comments on the premiershit are going to come back to bite him on the arse when we get there in the next couple of years

if Bournemouth and Brentford can challenge for promotion to premiership why not us?

If only we could improve the marketing of the club.
Rado Manchester football hour on 14:52 - Dec 23 with 3723 viewsdingdangblue

Rado Manchester football hour on 11:35 - Dec 23 by pioneer

if Bournemouth and Brentford can challenge for promotion to premiership why not us?

If only we could improve the marketing of the club.

I can see your sentiment regarding both Brentford and Bournemouth not being regarded 'big clubs' - but they both have rich benefactor's funding them - a million miles from what we are achieving on an absolute shoestring. To be where we are and the squad Hill has assembled whilst spending nothing on transfer fees is the work of a modern football genius.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rado Manchester football hour on 21:02 - Dec 23 with 3551 viewsTalkingSutty

Rado Manchester football hour on 14:52 - Dec 23 by dingdangblue

I can see your sentiment regarding both Brentford and Bournemouth not being regarded 'big clubs' - but they both have rich benefactor's funding them - a million miles from what we are achieving on an absolute shoestring. To be where we are and the squad Hill has assembled whilst spending nothing on transfer fees is the work of a modern football genius.

Agree, I think we need to recognise this as the "Golden Era" because it might not get much better in our lifetimes. That sounds a bit over the top, but when you really think about it and look at the lack of local support around the town it could prove to be true.

We have the best manager in the lower leagues, some of the best players, a tidy stadium with a great playing surface and a few bob in the bank. Not forgetting our lofty league position and a tasty 3rd round tie against Forest on the horizon.

It's a great time to be a Dale fan so we should recognise and enjoy it.
Rado Manchester football hour on 22:31 - Dec 23 with 3462 viewsSwissdale

Rado Manchester football hour on 21:02 - Dec 23 by TalkingSutty

Agree, I think we need to recognise this as the "Golden Era" because it might not get much better in our lifetimes. That sounds a bit over the top, but when you really think about it and look at the lack of local support around the town it could prove to be true.

We have the best manager in the lower leagues, some of the best players, a tidy stadium with a great playing surface and a few bob in the bank. Not forgetting our lofty league position and a tasty 3rd round tie against Forest on the horizon.

It's a great time to be a Dale fan so we should recognise and enjoy it.

Bang on.

Driving home from the Notts a County game, my dad and I had the same conversation. League one playoff position at Xmas, with a home tie in the FA cup third round, things have never been better on the pitch.

On the verge of buying back the ground, and no mention of selling our top players to balance the books, it's pretty much the same story off it.

Until a few years ago, it was always the 1969-73 period that was looked upon as the glory years of the club. I have a feeling in years to cone I will be telling my son of the glory days of Keith Hill.
Rado Manchester football hour on 23:20 - Dec 23 with 3410 viewsBrighouseDale

Rado Manchester football hour on 22:31 - Dec 23 by Swissdale

Bang on.

Driving home from the Notts a County game, my dad and I had the same conversation. League one playoff position at Xmas, with a home tie in the FA cup third round, things have never been better on the pitch.

On the verge of buying back the ground, and no mention of selling our top players to balance the books, it's pretty much the same story off it.

Until a few years ago, it was always the 1969-73 period that was looked upon as the glory years of the club. I have a feeling in years to cone I will be telling my son of the glory days of Keith Hill.

Glory Days, great record-

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024