Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread 15:57 - Jan 6 with 17272 viewsC_jack

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 15:58 - Jan 6 with 5594 viewsItchySphincter

Interesting to see how Man City get around the FPP if this goes head. £30M plus it has to be and anyone who thinks he's worth less must be living in Australia.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:00 - Jan 6 with 5577 viewsC_jack

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 15:58 - Jan 6 by ItchySphincter

Interesting to see how Man City get around the FPP if this goes head. £30M plus it has to be and anyone who thinks he's worth less must be living in Australia.

I hope somebody tells him he won't be playing CL football at City. They're only permitted to register 21 players, which I'm guessing they have already done.

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:03 - Jan 6 with 5545 viewsPinky

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:00 - Jan 6 by C_jack

I hope somebody tells him he won't be playing CL football at City. They're only permitted to register 21 players, which I'm guessing they have already done.

I was under the impression that squad registration for the next stages of the CL (in which players can be removed or added) reopens at the end of the January window but I'm not 100%.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 16:04]
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:05 - Jan 6 with 5509 viewsClinton

I tried this marvellous new all-purpose thread and was very pleased with it.
Highly recommended.
Please thank Wilfried Bony for his excellent new product.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:08 - Jan 6 with 5475 viewsmax936

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:03 - Jan 6 by Pinky

I was under the impression that squad registration for the next stages of the CL (in which players can be removed or added) reopens at the end of the January window but I'm not 100%.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 16:04]

Yep, that's my understanding to, the same applies to the 25 registered to play in the Premiership, those 25 can change in the transfer window.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:13 - Jan 6 with 5415 viewsC_jack

#ThankyouWilf

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:19 - Jan 6 with 5341 viewsJackFish

Gutted to see him go, but very difficult to turn down that sort of money.
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:20 - Jan 6 with 5326 viewsWxmJax

Could they not get around it by offering players ?

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Login to get fewer ads

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:21 - Jan 6 with 5314 viewsmax936

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:13 - Jan 6 by C_jack

#ThankyouWilf

Shame, but we'll get good coin for him hopefully and he deserves his chance, been a great player for us.

Thanks Wilfy and Good Luck.

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:21 - Jan 6 with 5308 viewsorion3016

And now the end is nigh.......

At least we have 3 weeks to sign a replacement

Be over there now after

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:25 - Jan 6 with 5245 viewsmax936

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:21 - Jan 6 by orion3016

We have already, Nelson Oliveira, Gomis will be our main Striker now.

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:26 - Jan 6 with 5224 viewsThe_Bounder

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:21 - Jan 6 by orion3016

There is going to be carnage on here when people finally realise that Gomis is not PL level....

Thank you Wilfried, its been a pleasure.

Sadly no longer in The Salisbury embracing Premier League football!

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:31 - Jan 6 with 5164 viewsswan_si

only just got in, has Darran said, "FECK HIM" yet
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:31 - Jan 6 with 5164 viewsnavyjack

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:26 - Jan 6 by The_Bounder

There is going to be carnage on here when people finally realise that Gomis is not PL level....

Similar to the carnage when there were more than a few who thought Bony wasnt PL standard early doors?..

Give Gomis the opportunity and Im sure he'll come good...
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:31 - Jan 6 with 5150 views50pencehead

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:26 - Jan 6 by The_Bounder

Let's give him a chance to be PL level rather than judging him after a couple of bit part appearances

Feet like a Toblerone

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:32 - Jan 6 with 5137 viewslondonlisa2001

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:13 - Jan 6 by C_jack

#ThankyouWilf

As gutted as I will be to see him go, can't help but think that this is almost impossible for us to turn down.

For us to take a (relative) punt on a player at £12m (or £15m depending on which of those is true) and sell 18 months later at £30m + having renegotiated any release clauses out of the contract is what we have to be about at the moment. Hopefully one day we'll be able to keep our £30m players, but not at the moment.

A wonderful player and it's been a real pleasure to watch him play in our team if only for a shortish time.

I hope he goes on to be a huge success. He seems to me at least, to have been totally committed and professional while he's been with us, and I also think he did right by us by signing his new contract so that we could get truly big bucks for him.

It seems almost perfect that if he had to go, he does so having signed off with that brilliant goal at QPR.
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:33 - Jan 6 with 5128 viewsJACKARSE

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:31 - Jan 6 by navyjack

Similar to the carnage when there were more than a few who thought Bony wasnt PL standard early doors?..

Give Gomis the opportunity and Im sure he'll come good...

Yep a different animal.... give him at least 4-5 games before you judge
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:35 - Jan 6 with 5095 viewsDexterMorgan

£30m is a huge deal for our club. Strengthening the WHOLE team is now paramount.

Danny Ings
Joel Campbell
Jordan Rhodes
Tom Caroll
Jack Cork
2 new FB's
And a partridge in a pear tree.
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:38 - Jan 6 with 5052 viewsC_jack

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:32 - Jan 6 by londonlisa2001

As gutted as I will be to see him go, can't help but think that this is almost impossible for us to turn down.

For us to take a (relative) punt on a player at £12m (or £15m depending on which of those is true) and sell 18 months later at £30m + having renegotiated any release clauses out of the contract is what we have to be about at the moment. Hopefully one day we'll be able to keep our £30m players, but not at the moment.

A wonderful player and it's been a real pleasure to watch him play in our team if only for a shortish time.

I hope he goes on to be a huge success. He seems to me at least, to have been totally committed and professional while he's been with us, and I also think he did right by us by signing his new contract so that we could get truly big bucks for him.

It seems almost perfect that if he had to go, he does so having signed off with that brilliant goal at QPR.

It's where we are as a club, nobody can predict the future but there remains a sting in not selling Michu at the right time, and his subsequent fall in both playing and monetary value

What the club's intentions are to do with this windfall will be interesting.

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:39 - Jan 6 with 5033 viewsC_jack

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:35 - Jan 6 by DexterMorgan

£30m is a huge deal for our club. Strengthening the WHOLE team is now paramount.

Danny Ings
Joel Campbell
Jordan Rhodes
Tom Caroll
Jack Cork
2 new FB's
And a partridge in a pear tree.

The only thing we'll be strengthening this month is the foundations of the Stadium.

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:39 - Jan 6 with 5026 viewsJack123

Gutted :(.. But wish him well.. .

libera nos a malo

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:42 - Jan 6 with 4973 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

How the fack are we going to defend corners now he's going?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:42 - Jan 6 with 4965 viewsDarran

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:31 - Jan 6 by swan_si

only just got in, has Darran said, "FECK HIM" yet

No not yet its not your normal kind of transfer.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:45 - Jan 6 with 4924 viewssomersetsimon

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:42 - Jan 6 by oh_tommy_tommy

How the fack are we going to defend corners now he's going?

Leon on one post and Dyer on the other.
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:46 - Jan 6 with 4907 viewsLeonisGod

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:32 - Jan 6 by londonlisa2001

I think you're right Lisa, but for the wrong reasons. I think this is one of the very few occasions where we could turn a deal of such size down. He's possibly the best player we've had with years of football still in him and his value is immeasurable. Finances are tight, but we are not broke and in a better position than many. His value to the club over the time he *could* be with us would far outweigh a transfer fee. I don't just mean literally in terms of cash value and income generated through higher placed finishes, etc. But also that little bit extra that makes the difference between winning games and not, so progressing further in cups, etc. Like the Michu effect in the League Cup - without Michu we probably wouldn't have got past Chelsea.

But we have to let him go, not least because he deserves the chance to play with the best. Morally I don't think we should stand in his way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024