Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players 21:03 - Jan 22 with 5362 viewsNorthernr

QPR 1992/93 train at Yarborough Primary School in Grimsby ahead of League Cup second leg which they eventually won on penalties with Macca scoring the crucial kick with his socks rolled down. Few pretty obvious players here - Gary Penrice shouldn't be near kids in those shorts - but one or two we couldn't get here. Is that Tony Witter between Wilson and Wilkins?

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 10:57 - Jan 23 with 1369 viewspaulparker

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 10:25 - Jan 23 by daveB

Ahh Grimsby, I've been twice, First time in 1997 after Freshers week at uni, was blind drunk, met AKUTRS guru Dave Thomas for the first time and told him I loved him, thankfully he doesn't remember this. We lost 2-0, I went into a meltdown swearing like an idiot and babbling abuse and was asked to leave the stadium by a police officer or dragged away by the old bill depending on how sexy I want to make the story. As I was taken away arms behind my back feeling incredible shame Trevor Sinclair, who I knew reasonably well at the time, was taking a corner and said "Alright dave, how's it going", the coppers laughed a lot and let me go and get my train back to Middlesbrough.

Second time was our first and only win at Grimsby, great day that one. Warren Barton celebrating like a mad man and I can still see me and my wife running like lunatics to the front as Sabin scored on that end of season dvd. We went to a pub before and was the first time I'd seen a vending machine with sex toys in, I got one for a laugh and disgracefully set it to vibrate before throwing it on the pitch at full time.The look on the stewards face when he picked it up was worth it. I miss those so called dark days. Grimsby seems to bring out the worst in me.

We always seemed to lose 2-0 Grimsby and it was always midweek
the game im sure your on about was when we had the dynamic duo Houston & Rioch, who had not long taken over , and if I recall there was one almighty bust up in the dressing room after resulting in several players handing in transfer requests
the likes of Dichio , Sinclair , and co put in one of the worst performances ever seen that night ,
actually most of the players that season had a billy big bollox attitude resulting in some real embarrassing displays

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 11:12 - Jan 23 with 1358 viewsdaveB

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 10:57 - Jan 23 by paulparker

We always seemed to lose 2-0 Grimsby and it was always midweek
the game im sure your on about was when we had the dynamic duo Houston & Rioch, who had not long taken over , and if I recall there was one almighty bust up in the dressing room after resulting in several players handing in transfer requests
the likes of Dichio , Sinclair , and co put in one of the worst performances ever seen that night ,
actually most of the players that season had a billy big bollox attitude resulting in some real embarrassing displays

yeah thats the one, Tommy Widderington scored long range for them, Houston had just taken over and we were awful.
Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 13:16 - Jan 23 with 1310 viewsDeano19766

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 07:45 - Jan 23 by kingsburyR

What a good team that was.

Wilkins was class in the middle, Bardsley/Wilson were excellent but I loved shins of steel Sinton!

Excellent keeper, great center backs!

Honesty, commitment, desire...... what happened???????

Here's a question for you, between the stating 11 back then, what would you say the average weekly wage was back then.

My favourite Rangers team. Used to regularly cycle to Barclays Bank Sports Ground (up the back of Hanger Lane/Ealing) after I finished my paper round to watch them train. Used to run around fetching the balls back for them under the orders of Don Howe!!! And all the players used to come over and have a chat between breaks in drills etc. Oh what the kids of today are missing out on!

Anyway, on wages have a look at this link -

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2011/01/20/from-20-to-33868-per-week-a-quick

Then go to this link to see what is the equivalent in todays money -

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1633409/Historic-inflation-calc

In summary the average weekly wage for a top flight footballer back in 1992 was £1,755. The equivalent of that sum now is £3,287, but the average weekly wage now is circa £45k.

And people wonder where top flight football went wrong........!!
[Post edited 23 Jan 2015 13:19]
Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 13:22 - Jan 23 with 1306 viewsDannyPaddox

Lovely pic ... but is that Suzy Quatro or Ian Gillard giving the thumbs-up between Olly and Rufus?
Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 20:52 - Jan 23 with 1245 viewsTacticalR

Went up there at the beginning of 1981/82 when we were in the same league as Grimsby. Can't remember a thing about it.

Air hostess clique

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024