Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The big picture 22:19 - Feb 2 with 14240 viewsStudiousDale

Yes it's very frustrating to have lost Done, and it leaves us short up front.

However, it should be remembered that we're 7th in League 1, and have managed to only sell 1 player during the window despite that (after earlier rumours of Tanser, Allen, Bennett etc all going). Additionally it looks like we're getting O'Connell back, and if Done has gone for £500k plus then I think it's a good fee.

Whilst people want us to shell out £100k plus on players (and I'm all for it in the case of people like O'Connell), unfortunately with the wages we spend we can only look to attract upwardly mobile players, who want to come to work for Hill and part of the attraction is that we will sell them on if they perform, and not keep them here at a ransom. Hopefully the money can be used to get Hill's targets for next Summer, Andrew or Brandy can step into Done's starting role and we can continue to battle all the teams in this division with a budget bigger than ours.

Believe in the sign
[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 22:23]
The big picture on 22:23 - Feb 2 with 7634 viewsalex_roch39

I'm bored of this response to everything that happens at Dale.
The big picture on 22:25 - Feb 2 with 7587 viewsPDIDDY

Believe in the for sale sign

Gissa job

The big picture on 22:25 - Feb 2 with 7559 viewsThran

Completely Agree.

Got him on a free, helped us get promoted to League 1 then scored 14 goals and 10 assists in league 1 and leaves for a pretty high fee. Can't complain too much even if it does cost us finishing in the play-offs.

Let the club continue to use the money the way they have done even if it makes us want to cry our eyes out sometimes, seems to always work out in the end. Hogan last year a good example. I thought we would be fooked without him and here we are 7 months later in the play-offs (or just outside, not too sure atm) of the third tier of English football.

And who knows Calv might be the next Scotty Hogan / Matty Done.
#ScoresWhenHeWants

Poll: Bigger drop, Wigan or Tranmere?

The big picture on 22:27 - Feb 2 with 7521 viewsD_Alien

The big picture on 22:25 - Feb 2 by PDIDDY

Surprised you didn't think of calling us "rent boys"?

You're losing your touch.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The big picture on 22:29 - Feb 2 with 7442 viewsPDIDDY

The big picture on 22:27 - Feb 2 by D_Alien

Surprised you didn't think of calling us "rent boys"?

You're losing your touch.

Rent boys, why ?

Gissa job

The big picture on 22:31 - Feb 2 with 7409 viewsD_Alien

The big picture on 22:29 - Feb 2 by PDIDDY

Rent boys, why ?

Using the loan market ... duhhhh

The big picture on 22:36 - Feb 2 with 7341 viewsTVOS1907

The big picture on 22:25 - Feb 2 by PDIDDY

That's what happens when you have assets.

Not of the 'cash for' variety, that is.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

The big picture on 22:38 - Feb 2 with 7295 viewsPDIDDY

The big picture on 22:31 - Feb 2 by D_Alien

Using the loan market ... duhhhh

Didn't know you had.

Gissa job

Login to get fewer ads

The big picture on 22:40 - Feb 2 with 7274 viewsD_Alien

The big picture on 22:38 - Feb 2 by PDIDDY

Didn't know you had.

Just giving you summat to think about Pdid, rather than you thinking we're wound up about owt

The big picture on 22:47 - Feb 2 with 7201 viewsPDIDDY

The big picture on 22:40 - Feb 2 by D_Alien

Just giving you summat to think about Pdid, rather than you thinking we're wound up about owt

#bantsloveit

Gissa job

The big picture on 22:51 - Feb 2 with 7164 views1907

How is 500k a good piece of business? Anything less than a million is garbage. That lad at MK Dons has just signed for spurs for 5 million. Done has 14 goals and 10 assists he is worth a million at least in the current market.
The big picture on 22:53 - Feb 2 with 7121 viewsLegingefromage

Have they confirmed the fee or is it undisclosed?
The big picture on 22:55 - Feb 2 with 7099 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The big picture on 22:51 - Feb 2 by 1907

How is 500k a good piece of business? Anything less than a million is garbage. That lad at MK Dons has just signed for spurs for 5 million. Done has 14 goals and 10 assists he is worth a million at least in the current market.

.......more to come.

Kings of the "sell-on" clause.
The big picture on 22:57 - Feb 2 with 7078 views1907

For what Done has achieved this season, goals and assist wise add to that the length of the contract he had with us. Anything less than a mill upfront would be ridiculous. He's achieved much more than Hogan at higher levels.
The big picture on 22:57 - Feb 2 with 7077 viewsThacks_Rabbits

The big picture on 22:55 - Feb 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

.......more to come.

Kings of the "sell-on" clause.

We get £5 every time he is on the front of their program - other add ons to follow!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

The big picture on 05:16 - Feb 3 with 6811 viewsnordenblue

The big picture on 22:25 - Feb 2 by Thran

Completely Agree.

Got him on a free, helped us get promoted to League 1 then scored 14 goals and 10 assists in league 1 and leaves for a pretty high fee. Can't complain too much even if it does cost us finishing in the play-offs.

Let the club continue to use the money the way they have done even if it makes us want to cry our eyes out sometimes, seems to always work out in the end. Hogan last year a good example. I thought we would be fooked without him and here we are 7 months later in the play-offs (or just outside, not too sure atm) of the third tier of English football.

And who knows Calv might be the next Scotty Hogan / Matty Done.
#ScoresWhenHeWants

"Cant complain if it costs us a play off place??!", theres every chance that it will or would have spoilt any crack at the play offs we possibly had.
If you believe Andrew will be the next Done or Hogan ill have a pint of whatever you've just had
The big picture on 08:09 - Feb 3 with 6665 viewsdingdangblue

If we get promoted to the Championship TV money straight away is 2.3 MILLION - maybe we could have tried that and sold him in 4 months time instead?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The big picture on 08:53 - Feb 3 with 6581 viewsR17ALE

Mmmmm, the big picture is the only way to look at it.

I'm disappointed in that we were told nobody would be leaving only to then sell, minutes before the window shut.

However, until we know the size of the fee, it's difficult to assess the big picture.

I would throw into the mix (apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere) that his contract may have been up in 3 months, and he could have left for nowt. In which case we've done well.

The fans who want us to have a tilt at the Championship will be gutted, but there are some of us who secretly feel that such a tilt would kill us. If you offered me ten years in League One now, I'd snatch your hand off.

Likewise, back in July, if you'd offered me a scenario which involved our left back being usurped by an emerging youth player, and we then sold our second choice left back for say, £500,000, I'd have snatched your hand, arm and shoulder off!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

The big picture on 08:57 - Feb 3 with 6555 viewsdingdangblue

The big picture on 08:53 - Feb 3 by R17ALE

Mmmmm, the big picture is the only way to look at it.

I'm disappointed in that we were told nobody would be leaving only to then sell, minutes before the window shut.

However, until we know the size of the fee, it's difficult to assess the big picture.

I would throw into the mix (apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere) that his contract may have been up in 3 months, and he could have left for nowt. In which case we've done well.

The fans who want us to have a tilt at the Championship will be gutted, but there are some of us who secretly feel that such a tilt would kill us. If you offered me ten years in League One now, I'd snatch your hand off.

Likewise, back in July, if you'd offered me a scenario which involved our left back being usurped by an emerging youth player, and we then sold our second choice left back for say, £500,000, I'd have snatched your hand, arm and shoulder off!

Done signed a new 2 year deal last July.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The big picture on 09:01 - Feb 3 with 6536 viewsR17ALE

The big picture on 08:57 - Feb 3 by dingdangblue

Done signed a new 2 year deal last July.

Good. That mans the fee will have been considerably higher.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

The big picture on 09:09 - Feb 3 with 6514 viewsParkinsGimp

Sorry but this and no new players show a distinct lack of ambition. I seriously doubt we will be anywhere near 7th by the end of Feb never mind end of season.
Not good business to not replace, also crying out for a decent centre half.
The big picture on 11:31 - Feb 3 with 6379 viewsDorsetDale

The big picture on 09:09 - Feb 3 by ParkinsGimp

Sorry but this and no new players show a distinct lack of ambition. I seriously doubt we will be anywhere near 7th by the end of Feb never mind end of season.
Not good business to not replace, also crying out for a decent centre half.

If you are correct and we are well below 7th come March it'll have little to do with selling Done and everything to do with just having played some of the best sides in the division.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

The big picture on 12:20 - Feb 3 with 6296 viewsBlueMessiah

The big picture on 08:09 - Feb 3 by dingdangblue

If we get promoted to the Championship TV money straight away is 2.3 MILLION - maybe we could have tried that and sold him in 4 months time instead?

Wow! That's a huge amount of money for a club like ours. Just over 5 times what we've just sold our leading goalscorer for in fact (plus add-ons, less "expenses", natch)
[Post edited 3 Feb 2015 12:24]

Poll: Do I Know You?

The big picture on 12:25 - Feb 3 with 6276 viewspl56

Do I recall correctly from Dunphy's recent newspaper article that we were looking to upgrade the Academy ? If the Done cash helps us to achieve that , and , in addition , supports the ambition to acquire full ownership of the ground , thereby opening up other potential income streams , then , for me , the future both on and off the field feels a lot more secure . That's my take on the big picture , and for me its better to invest like that for the long term , rather than spend on short term player recruitment with no guaranteed added value . Sure we might take a short term hit on the pitch , but the long term benefits may well offer much greater benefit .

Such an approach seems to mirror pretty closely the Crewe model of the 1980's ; they were always a selling club , but got a reputation for developing and supporting young players on to better things . In turn they attracted better kids , higher fees when selling on , and they forged stronger links with many bigger clubs with consequent benefits . If we could replicate even half the experiences of Crewe in that 20 year period , I'd certainly have no quibbles .
The big picture on 12:41 - Feb 3 with 6192 viewsRosun

The big picture on 12:25 - Feb 3 by pl56

Do I recall correctly from Dunphy's recent newspaper article that we were looking to upgrade the Academy ? If the Done cash helps us to achieve that , and , in addition , supports the ambition to acquire full ownership of the ground , thereby opening up other potential income streams , then , for me , the future both on and off the field feels a lot more secure . That's my take on the big picture , and for me its better to invest like that for the long term , rather than spend on short term player recruitment with no guaranteed added value . Sure we might take a short term hit on the pitch , but the long term benefits may well offer much greater benefit .

Such an approach seems to mirror pretty closely the Crewe model of the 1980's ; they were always a selling club , but got a reputation for developing and supporting young players on to better things . In turn they attracted better kids , higher fees when selling on , and they forged stronger links with many bigger clubs with consequent benefits . If we could replicate even half the experiences of Crewe in that 20 year period , I'd certainly have no quibbles .

Crewe?
I think Hilly has one eye on the Barcelona model.
Xavi Allen
Lionel Tanser
Andres Logan
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024