Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill on GMR 19:12 - Feb 21 with 12363 viewsBobbyjoe

Can't argue with anything he said, but it's hardly selling the spectacle to the uncommitted. It's the only opportunity to reach the general public. Why not enthuse about the young kids, accentuate the positive; give the impression that there's something exciting happening that people might want to turn up and watch.
Hill on GMR on 22:08 - Feb 21 with 3247 viewsnordenblue

Hill on GMR on 21:48 - Feb 21 by TalkingSutty

If we paid him on league positions we would have been playing on Lenny Barn by now (skint). I don't have a problem giving him a cut on transfer fees but if that's the case then spare us any bleating about losing our best players.

If he isn't on a percentage then i agree with his sentiments.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2015 21:51]

We will always sell our better players, as long as we are competing everyones a winner.Dunphy gets more money into the business and the manager gets grands upon grands in bonuses, and people question Hillys consent on the matter.
Hill on GMR on 22:21 - Feb 21 with 3213 viewsrich_dale

Hill on GMR on 19:18 - Feb 21 by dingdangblue

I'm guessing he didn't say " Bastien Hery had a really positive impact on the game and for the life of me I can't think why I've been leaving him out for so long"?

He said we have a 40%+ win average when Rose and Hendo are in the team - wonder what it is when Hery plays? (who incidentally won the free kick that led to the goal)
Hill on GMR on 22:21 - Feb 21 with 3211 viewsTalkingSutty

Hill on GMR on 22:07 - Feb 21 by Thacks_Rabbits

It is very much just that D Alien, I am only guessing based on what has gone on, who is to say that KH played JB at left back in order to improve him long term and told the player that and not to worry. It would not suprise me at all

You don't play youngsters in a completely foreign position to learn them the game, not in a competitive league one match when you are on the cusp of the play offs (That swear word again).

Bunneys physical stature suggests either a forward role or maybe challenging Lillis for a starting berth but left back is laughable and the fact Culshaw hasn't even questioned Hilly about it in his post match interview shows a lack of balls. Grow some, it's an obvious question.
Hill on GMR on 22:30 - Feb 21 with 3176 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Hill on GMR on 22:21 - Feb 21 by TalkingSutty

You don't play youngsters in a completely foreign position to learn them the game, not in a competitive league one match when you are on the cusp of the play offs (That swear word again).

Bunneys physical stature suggests either a forward role or maybe challenging Lillis for a starting berth but left back is laughable and the fact Culshaw hasn't even questioned Hilly about it in his post match interview shows a lack of balls. Grow some, it's an obvious question.

I agree TS - I cannot think of any other reason to do it though

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Hill on GMR on 22:47 - Feb 21 with 3118 viewsdingdangblue

Hill on GMR on 22:21 - Feb 21 by rich_dale

He said we have a 40%+ win average when Rose and Hendo are in the team - wonder what it is when Hery plays? (who incidentally won the free kick that led to the goal)

Hilly hasn't bothered checking the Hery win stat.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hill on GMR on 22:51 - Feb 21 with 3114 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Hill on GMR on 22:47 - Feb 21 by dingdangblue

Hilly hasn't bothered checking the Hery win stat.

Whats the stats with Conrad in net - that would be more interesting :)

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Hill on GMR on 23:28 - Feb 21 with 3048 viewsdingdangblue

Hill on GMR on 22:51 - Feb 21 by Thacks_Rabbits

Whats the stats with Conrad in net - that would be more interesting :)

I'm sure if Logan wasn't injured he would have stayed here all season. Hill didn't really have a choice with that one - but Hery is available - his performance in the 2nd half today makes it even more baffling that he's been ignored. We were rubbish today in the 1st half and his introduction was a game changer.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Hill on GMR on 23:37 - Feb 21 with 3034 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Hill on GMR on 23:28 - Feb 21 by dingdangblue

I'm sure if Logan wasn't injured he would have stayed here all season. Hill didn't really have a choice with that one - but Hery is available - his performance in the 2nd half today makes it even more baffling that he's been ignored. We were rubbish today in the 1st half and his introduction was a game changer.

I think Conrad has probably given us 6 - 10 more points this season than we may have had - so it sort of spoils other figures re players and points.

My instinct is that everything is being run to a plan behind the scenes, everything the club do is for a reason to fulfil this plan, they are not daft and wont tell us as it would undermine everything re their aims.

I think the board do a great job as have said on many occasions but as for transparency - forget it!

Login to get fewer ads

Hill on GMR on 23:48 - Feb 21 with 2995 viewsD_Alien

Just one comment that KH made that hasn't yet been picked up on - about having experienced players whose heads have gone.

Does he mean Hendo? Can't for the life of me think who else it might be? And before the end of February?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill on GMR on 01:27 - Feb 22 with 2900 viewsDiddyDave

Hill on GMR on 21:46 - Feb 21 by dingdangblue

Darlington lost, Darlington won, Stockport lost, Darlington lost, Gillingham drew, Gillingham lost, Luton lost, bury lost, Birmingham lost, fc Utd lost, bury drew, stoke lost with Hilly. Don't think I've missed one? Its a dire record on tv.

Leeds won!! Blimey, it`s not that long ago!!
Hill on GMR on 01:39 - Feb 22 with 2889 viewsolympicdale

Hill on GMR on 22:07 - Feb 21 by Thacks_Rabbits

It is very much just that D Alien, I am only guessing based on what has gone on, who is to say that KH played JB at left back in order to improve him long term and told the player that and not to worry. It would not suprise me at all

We all know first hand about how stubborn Hill can be, the more I think about your possible scenario, the more I think there could be something to it. I have to admit, the first time I heard of Bunney at LB, I thought to myself, Hill looks to have given up the season, and whilst not to that extreme, I wouldn't be surprised if he was trying to make a subtle point to the board, that he had to resort to these measures.

Life is a game of fate.

Hill on GMR on 08:15 - Feb 22 with 2800 viewsdale4ever

Hill on GMR on 01:27 - Feb 22 by DiddyDave

Leeds won!! Blimey, it`s not that long ago!!

Leeds wasn't on tv.
Hill on GMR on 10:09 - Feb 22 with 2700 viewsParkinsGimp

Hill on GMR on 22:21 - Feb 21 by rich_dale

Cos Hery is not one of his bum boys like Rose....
Hill on GMR on 10:21 - Feb 22 with 2684 viewsaleanddale

Hill on GMR on 23:48 - Feb 21 by D_Alien

Just one comment that KH made that hasn't yet been picked up on - about having experienced players whose heads have gone.

Does he mean Hendo? Can't for the life of me think who else it might be? And before the end of February?

Hendo scores - we win

Hendo looked to make a point to the crowd at full time with his extended clapping to the terrace..

Much appreciated.
Hill on GMR on 14:06 - Feb 22 with 2542 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on GMR on 10:09 - Feb 22 by ParkinsGimp

Cos Hery is not one of his bum boys like Rose....

This season:

Hery - 15 starts plus 8 as a sub = 23 appearances

Rose - 16 starts plus 5 as a sub = 21 appearances

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill on GMR on 14:17 - Feb 22 with 2439 viewsdingdangblue

Hill on GMR on 14:06 - Feb 22 by TVOS1907

This season:

Hery - 15 starts plus 8 as a sub = 23 appearances

Rose - 16 starts plus 5 as a sub = 21 appearances

Hery 16 league appearances, 9 wins. 56% win percentage.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2015 14:21]

Hill on GMR on 15:04 - Feb 22 with 2394 viewsD_Alien

Hill on GMR on 10:21 - Feb 22 by aleanddale

Hendo scores - we win

Hendo looked to make a point to the crowd at full time with his extended clapping to the terrace..

Much appreciated.

I agree, and I stayed to clap him and the others who came over.

So what or who the hell was Hilly referring to in his comments then?

If I went into work and said in a public meeting "some of the experienced staff here have run out of steam mentally" I don't think it'd just be ignored.

I'm not trying to rake over coals, but such things shouldn't be broadcast, it's unprofessional.

[Post edited 22 Feb 2015 15:05]

Hill on GMR on 15:20 - Feb 22 with 2353 viewsaleanddale

Hill on GMR on 15:04 - Feb 22 by D_Alien

I agree, and I stayed to clap him and the others who came over.

So what or who the hell was Hilly referring to in his comments then?

If I went into work and said in a public meeting "some of the experienced staff here have run out of steam mentally" I don't think it'd just be ignored.

I'm not trying to rake over coals, but such things shouldn't be broadcast, it's unprofessional.

[Post edited 22 Feb 2015 15:05]

TBH I cannot second guess hilly.

I am a massive fan of what he achieves but take most of his comments with a pinch of salt.

Football management is unforgiving. He can only start 11 that leaves a lot of ego to massage!!

I don't understand why Hery - Tanser and Allen are seemingly down the pecking order and we vent our opinion on here ( rightly so ).

Would like to see square pegs in the square holes Tuesday and Sat and a no fear approach combined with team rochdale.

Some odd going ons within the club I recon... I hope it has blown over and settles down as we still have 17 cup finals to play!!
Hill on GMR on 15:31 - Feb 22 with 2325 viewsD_Alien

Hill on GMR on 15:20 - Feb 22 by aleanddale

I am a massive fan of what he achieves but take most of his comments with a pinch of salt.

Football management is unforgiving. He can only start 11 that leaves a lot of ego to massage!!

I don't understand why Hery - Tanser and Allen are seemingly down the pecking order and we vent our opinion on here ( rightly so ).

Would like to see square pegs in the square holes Tuesday and Sat and a no fear approach combined with team rochdale.

Some odd going ons within the club I recon... I hope it has blown over and settles down as we still have 17 cup finals to play!!

He must've meant BBM then

Again, I agree. Not a job for the faint-hearted or anyone afraid of the sound of their own soundbite.

And I'm talking about supporting Dale...!

Hill on GMR on 15:33 - Feb 22 with 2312 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on GMR on 15:20 - Feb 22 by aleanddale

Regarding Allen, Tanser, Camps, etc, I feel we may see them creep back in over the next month.

We have nine games to play between now and the end of March and Hill will be rotating his team and squad throughout this period, I imagine.

Hill on GMR on 15:38 - Feb 22 with 2297 viewsTalkingSutty

Hill on GMR on 15:33 - Feb 22 by TVOS1907

Regarding Allen, Tanser, Camps, etc, I feel we may see them creep back in over the next month.

We have nine games to play between now and the end of March and Hill will be rotating his team and squad throughout this period, I imagine.

Missed a few games recently but I don't recall Allen having a poor game this season, did his standards drop over the last month or so?
Hill on GMR on 15:45 - Feb 22 with 2281 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on GMR on 15:38 - Feb 22 by TalkingSutty

Missed a few games recently but I don't recall Allen having a poor game this season, did his standards drop over the last month or so?

He hasn't played much, to be honest. Came off the bench a few times and played at Coventry and Posh. I think Hill's possibly giving the younger players a chance to recharge in readiness for the glut of fixtures we've got to come.

If Dawson is missing Tuesday, I would expect Allen or Camps to be on the bench, unless there are injuries we don't know about.

Hill on GMR on 15:48 - Feb 22 with 2279 viewsTalkingSutty

Hill on GMR on 15:45 - Feb 22 by TVOS1907

He hasn't played much, to be honest. Came off the bench a few times and played at Coventry and Posh. I think Hill's possibly giving the younger players a chance to recharge in readiness for the glut of fixtures we've got to come.

If Dawson is missing Tuesday, I would expect Allen or Camps to be on the bench, unless there are injuries we don't know about.

Cheers, anybody know how Lund is getting on with his injury?
Hill on GMR on 15:52 - Feb 22 with 2263 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on GMR on 15:48 - Feb 22 by TalkingSutty

No

Hill on GMR on 15:56 - Feb 22 with 2256 viewsisitme

Hill on GMR on 15:48 - Feb 22 by TalkingSutty

He might be back for the last few games of the season. He has had his shoulder operated on. I would suspect it has been pinned.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024