Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Rochdale Curry House ? 18:59 - May 2 with 5374 viewsmingthemerciless

We've got friends coming up to stay with us next weekend. They're from the Midlands and the husband is partial to a curry. I'm not a great curry fan but my favourite place is ZOUK in Manchester. I don't think our friends will want to travel so far. Can anyone recommend a good local curry house ?
Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 19:06 - May 2 with 5350 viewsrobtheb

La Tandorri in Bamford precinct is very good but best to book.
Copper Pot at Sandbrook as always been good when I have been.

The one at Spotland Bridge comes with good reports but have not been.
Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 19:06 - May 2 with 5350 viewsdingdangblue

Veenas in Heywood is supposed to be good. Top of Queens Park Road opposite the Market.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 19:37 - May 2 with 5291 viewsmr_fri_night

Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 19:06 - May 2 by dingdangblue

Veenas in Heywood is supposed to be good. Top of Queens Park Road opposite the Market.

Definitely Pavillion 2 at Spotland Bridge.
Other options are Ruchi on Whitworth Road, Bay of Bengal in Littleborough or Zeera in Castleton.

Veenas in Heywood has shut down.
Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 20:22 - May 2 with 5225 viewsRalphs12

Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 19:37 - May 2 by mr_fri_night

Definitely Pavillion 2 at Spotland Bridge.
Other options are Ruchi on Whitworth Road, Bay of Bengal in Littleborough or Zeera in Castleton.

Veenas in Heywood has shut down.

I'm a fan of Pavillion 2 also.
Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 21:00 - May 2 with 5158 viewsbrady

Veenas has now closed. Pavilion 2 at spotland is your best bet last tandoor is hit and miss
Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 21:11 - May 2 with 5129 viewssince58

try true taste of india norden excellent week in week out .
Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 21:15 - May 2 with 5110 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Take em to Ma Pollards in Walsden........proper good.
Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 21:20 - May 2 with 5098 views1mark1

ASIA on Milkstone Road, but go earlier than later in the evening.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Login to get fewer ads

Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 23:12 - May 2 with 4966 viewsdalenumber2

Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 21:20 - May 2 by 1mark1

ASIA on Milkstone Road, but go earlier than later in the evening.

Noooo it was voted one of the dirtiest restaurants in the north west last year.
Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 23:19 - May 2 with 4950 views1mark1

Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 23:12 - May 2 by dalenumber2

Noooo it was voted one of the dirtiest restaurants in the north west last year.

Crikey, never realised that. Haven't been for a while to tell you the truth, so I will check before I go again that they now have a proper environmental certificate. Been going in there for over 30 years and NEVER had a bad meal or had any inclination it was not clean.
It's worth checking ANY place you intend on using that they have a decent score.

The Veenas in Heywood, was excellent, and that was the last one I went to, shame it is no longer open.
[Post edited 2 May 2015 23:20]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 23:54 - May 2 with 4922 viewsRalphs12

Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 23:19 - May 2 by 1mark1

Crikey, never realised that. Haven't been for a while to tell you the truth, so I will check before I go again that they now have a proper environmental certificate. Been going in there for over 30 years and NEVER had a bad meal or had any inclination it was not clean.
It's worth checking ANY place you intend on using that they have a decent score.

The Veenas in Heywood, was excellent, and that was the last one I went to, shame it is no longer open.
[Post edited 2 May 2015 23:20]

It has to be said though if you don't let the inspectors/judges in for whatever reason, then you get an automatic 0 rating.
Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 00:24 - May 3 with 4904 viewsroccydaleian

Never had a bad meal at this place.
http://www.thamin.co.uk/
Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 00:35 - May 3 with 4894 viewsSandyman

Pavilion 2 at Spotland Bridge every time
Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 01:00 - May 3 with 4876 viewsTVOS1907

Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 00:24 - May 3 by roccydaleian

Never had a bad meal at this place.
http://www.thamin.co.uk/

Was it 2 for 1 night?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 06:18 - May 3 with 4818 viewsTalkingSutty

Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 01:00 - May 3 by TVOS1907

Was it 2 for 1 night?

Bin dipping....it's free.
Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 09:35 - May 3 with 4714 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Pavilion 2 definitely. Zeera in Castleton also very good.
Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 09:58 - May 3 with 4687 viewsdalenumber2

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/mapped-greater-m

Interesting findings, about a year ago. Must say I have enjoyed the odd meal at Westwood East in the past without any repercussions.
Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 10:33 - May 3 with 4641 views_dezzy

I don't eat many curries, But when I have been to Ruchi and The Pavilion they have been fantastic.

KHBA

Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 20:49 - May 3 with 4408 viewsmingthemerciless

Thanks for that guys. Looks like it's the Pavilion then. I did a bit of Market Research yesterday at the " Al Noor "on Halifax Road next to " Lovicks ". I think it used to the " Star of Bengal ". It's obviously a new place and the curry was excellent. However at 6.00 PM it was quite cold inside and the service was really slow considering there was about 10 customers in the whole of the place.
One last point it' doesn't serve alcohol and I got the feeling if you brought your own you wouldn't be welcome.
I await it's next re-invention. I can't see a alcohol free restaurant lasting long in Rochdale.
Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 14:39 - May 10 with 4150 viewsmingthemerciless

Well we went to " The Pavilion " last night. I can't say either my curry loving pal or myself were too impressed by the meal. In spite of booking a table for 8.00 PM it was past 8.30 when we were shown to our table. Having said that it was really busy.

The starters were ordinary and the main courses were pretty average in our opinion. They were of a " Take Away " standard. I normally have King Prawn Balti and I'd have scored mine last night as a 7. Last weeks meal at the new " Al Noor " was an 8.5.
Our wives seemed to be happy with their meals but I tried some of my wives Chicken Balti and it was a bit dry to my taste.

My litmus test regarding restaurants is would I go again ? I'm sorry but I wouldn't go to " The Pavilion " again. I'd have a good drink first and then to to the alcohol free " Al Noor ". It seemed to me that the food had much fresher ingredients and was better cooked.

Just saying.
Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 19:00 - May 10 with 3971 viewsdalenumber2

Best Rochdale Curry House ? on 14:39 - May 10 by mingthemerciless

Well we went to " The Pavilion " last night. I can't say either my curry loving pal or myself were too impressed by the meal. In spite of booking a table for 8.00 PM it was past 8.30 when we were shown to our table. Having said that it was really busy.

The starters were ordinary and the main courses were pretty average in our opinion. They were of a " Take Away " standard. I normally have King Prawn Balti and I'd have scored mine last night as a 7. Last weeks meal at the new " Al Noor " was an 8.5.
Our wives seemed to be happy with their meals but I tried some of my wives Chicken Balti and it was a bit dry to my taste.

My litmus test regarding restaurants is would I go again ? I'm sorry but I wouldn't go to " The Pavilion " again. I'd have a good drink first and then to to the alcohol free " Al Noor ". It seemed to me that the food had much fresher ingredients and was better cooked.

Just saying.

I like Copper Pot at Sandbrook Park although it's not the cheapest. The service is always good and the food is nice.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024