Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans given a chance to design next season's kit 13:44 - Aug 29 with 18028 views442Dale

Small piece in today's programme about it. Full details on OS on Tuesday.

Great news.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 13:54 - Sep 9 with 4238 viewsmikehunt

For what it's worth I would prefer a bright shirt. The football psychologists have proved that brighter shirts show up in peripheral vision and gives a player a better overall sense of where his players are. One of the reasons a few clubs have tried dayglo colours. Our current kit has turned out better than I thought and looks really good on TV. We have had a couple of drab offerings lately which I always worried might blend in with the crowd.
The other thing (and this is the toughie) would be to try to get something uniquely and visibly Dale on the shirt: that would always be there even when the shirt is redesigned. Ok the badge is unique but not really large enough. Whatever it is it can't be allowed to detract from the sponsors logo but perhaps have RAFC tastefully incorporated onto the strip?
That's the point where I have to give up and leave the thinking to them as knows what they are doing.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 16:27 - Sep 9 with 4120 viewsTomRAFC

Would certainly like a kit that's a little bit different.

Do we still have crown oil next season? I'd love to see us go back to the co-op.... or at least someone who didn't have a red logo!

Better yet an away kit that isn't always going to clash.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 16:48 - Sep 9 with 4085 viewsTalkingSutty

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 16:27 - Sep 9 by TomRAFC

Would certainly like a kit that's a little bit different.

Do we still have crown oil next season? I'd love to see us go back to the co-op.... or at least someone who didn't have a red logo!

Better yet an away kit that isn't always going to clash.

To be fair, any company that stumps up their cash to support the Club deserves our respect and appreciation. Crown Oils red logo will always clash with the home kit but it's a small price to pay for their loyalty regarding shirt sponsorship. It could be worse, it could be a watering can!!
Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 17:29 - Sep 9 with 4038 viewsShun

This is the first I've heard of this. Having had just a cursory perusal of the thread apologies if this is glaringly obvious, but are the designs just for the home kit or can we design an away kit instead?
Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 18:12 - Sep 9 with 3981 viewsdingdangblue

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 17:29 - Sep 9 by Shun

This is the first I've heard of this. Having had just a cursory perusal of the thread apologies if this is glaringly obvious, but are the designs just for the home kit or can we design an away kit instead?

Both home and away.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 18:22 - Sep 9 with 3967 viewsfunkkk

An amalgamation of the below would suit me, sadly I don't have the photoshop skills to put it together!

The button down polo neck of the Arsenal shirt with the blue and black stripes and predominantly blue sleeves of the Puma shirt. I'd replace the yellow line on the collar and cuffs of the Arsenal shirt with white.

No silly square on the back for name and number.

Sponsor and manufactures logos all in white.

Easy!

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 11:38 - Sep 10 with 3718 views49thseason

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 13:54 - Sep 9 by mikehunt

For what it's worth I would prefer a bright shirt. The football psychologists have proved that brighter shirts show up in peripheral vision and gives a player a better overall sense of where his players are. One of the reasons a few clubs have tried dayglo colours. Our current kit has turned out better than I thought and looks really good on TV. We have had a couple of drab offerings lately which I always worried might blend in with the crowd.
The other thing (and this is the toughie) would be to try to get something uniquely and visibly Dale on the shirt: that would always be there even when the shirt is redesigned. Ok the badge is unique but not really large enough. Whatever it is it can't be allowed to detract from the sponsors logo but perhaps have RAFC tastefully incorporated onto the strip?
That's the point where I have to give up and leave the thinking to them as knows what they are doing.

I've been saying this for years, when you get into murky winter afternoons and of course night matches I do think we need to have a decent amount of white on the kit. The blue and black looks great in the pub but I'm sceptical about its ability to give us an edge on the pitch.
Mind you I also worry when opposing teams turn out in yellow strips - they always look so much bigger than our team.
Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 12:04 - Sep 10 with 3706 viewsdingdangblue

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 11:38 - Sep 10 by 49thseason

I've been saying this for years, when you get into murky winter afternoons and of course night matches I do think we need to have a decent amount of white on the kit. The blue and black looks great in the pub but I'm sceptical about its ability to give us an edge on the pitch.
Mind you I also worry when opposing teams turn out in yellow strips - they always look so much bigger than our team.

Couldn't you argue it both ways? Bright shirts at night make defenders picking up our players easier? Darker shirts and they can ghost into the box unmarked.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Login to get fewer ads

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 13:51 - Sep 10 with 3647 viewsMBoothman

But the more shirts we sell the more money we have to spend. Surely that's a better way to ensure success rather than a hunch that bright shirts do better. No proof of that.

Yes. That IS Sako.

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 18:17 - Sep 10 with 3554 views442Dale

The darkest home shirt we've had was the thing blue & black stripes with black sleeves which we wore when winning promotion in 13/14.

The darkest overall kit was last season with it being a deeper shade of blue and black trim, including the shorts. The hooped socks added to the feel too. We finished in our highest ever league position.

There's an argument there that if we turned out like the New Zealand rugby side then we'd be looking at a Europa League place before 2020.

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 02:45 - Sep 16 with 3029 viewsStreety1996

What about a kit's like these? nice, plain and simple.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2015 2:52]

Poll: Lillis or Logan?

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 11:41 - Sep 17 with 2845 viewsdingdangblue

Common sense!

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/chief-exec-on-kit-design-competitio

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 12:35 - Sep 17 with 2824 viewsD_Alien

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 11:41 - Sep 17 by dingdangblue

Common sense!

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/chief-exec-on-kit-design-competitio

More than just common sense though - this is turning into a huge positive for the club, both internally and internationally, it seems!

Great to hear (after my earlier gripe) that loads of fans have contributed. Team Rochdale indeed.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 12:48 - Sep 17 with 2812 viewsdingdangblue

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 12:35 - Sep 17 by D_Alien

More than just common sense though - this is turning into a huge positive for the club, both internally and internationally, it seems!

Great to hear (after my earlier gripe) that loads of fans have contributed. Team Rochdale indeed.

Its only going to get better too - when designs get whittled down to 6 then 3 which are actually made for the final decision . Can only be good positive publicly. The fan who gets their design chosen for next season will have something to be very proud of.

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 13:57 - Sep 17 with 2782 viewsboromat

I don't think it's been mentioned but it'd be nice if your kit was one of the prototypes made if you got to keep it, whether it won or not.

Everyone got there entries in?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 16:56 - Sep 17 with 2725 views442Dale

I know there's been a good deal of interest in this locally, it illustrates how working with supporters actually increases interest in the club - my lad's teacher has had his whole class taking part, some of them were taking them home to work on! These are kids who didn't even know what colours Dale wore until he put them all right (and explained why purple away kits are wrong. Year 4 need to know that. It's in the curriculum), it's been a really successful idea.

When I've people at work coming to me with kits they've done at home with their kids, it makes you realise the importance of spreading the word as a supporter and how we all have a role to play; fans should always be thinking of how we can help our football club.

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 18:18 - Sep 17 with 2695 viewsBartRowou

They've got to get the voting process right next which, in my opinion, means no online poll and a short voting window e.g. the shirts are put up in the Ratcliffe before and after a game, and fans who want to, can go in and vote.
That would be more representative of what Rochdale fans want than an internet vote over a number of weeks.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 19:51 - Sep 17 with 2664 viewsboromat

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 18:18 - Sep 17 by BartRowou

They've got to get the voting process right next which, in my opinion, means no online poll and a short voting window e.g. the shirts are put up in the Ratcliffe before and after a game, and fans who want to, can go in and vote.
That would be more representative of what Rochdale fans want than an internet vote over a number of weeks.

I agree to the no online vote you could argue it isolates fans from further a field but a couple of weeks of voting in the shop and the option of a postal vote should stop every man and his dog from voting.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 20:12 - Sep 17 with 2653 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 19:51 - Sep 17 by boromat

I agree to the no online vote you could argue it isolates fans from further a field but a couple of weeks of voting in the shop and the option of a postal vote should stop every man and his dog from voting.

Expats and Exiles should have every opportunity to vote for sure!

As stated,need to get the voting right.......not sure that any on-line voting can just be discounted, but agree,getting fans down to San Spotty...(with cash to spend in their pockets ) in person, is a much better option.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2015 22:07]
Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 20:30 - Sep 17 with 2639 views442Dale

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 20:12 - Sep 17 by Yorkshire_Dale

Expats and Exiles should have every opportunity to vote for sure!

As stated,need to get the voting right.......not sure that any on-line voting can just be discounted, but agree,getting fans down to San Spotty...(with cash to spend in their pockets ) in person, is a much better option.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2015 22:07]

When Blackpool did something similar the online voting was via email. They asked for fans to include their reference number which only season ticket holders have at Dale. However, a simple "please add your name etc and we'll also add you to our database for info from the club" message on our vote would a) help ensure only Dale fans vote as others will be averse to releasing their details and b) build the database further.

The odd vote from fans of other clubs won't matter if all the kits are good anyway.

Blackpool kit vote info:
http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/article/kit-vote-countdown-1113746.aspx

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 14:15 - Sep 18 with 2513 viewsChaffRAFC

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 02:45 - Sep 16 by Streety1996

What about a kit's like these? nice, plain and simple.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2015 2:52]

No real issue with the home kit, could do with a bit more white but still nice but this need for a white and blue away kit is infuriates me. It looks like a bury kit. Why on earth do we want that? Away kit gives you licence to be a bit more adventurous, use some better colours. Always liked the yellow and dark green kits we've used in the not too distant past.

I'd actually love, and I've designed one in this colour for the competition, a neon green away kit!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 17:02 - Sep 18 with 2451 viewsColDale

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 14:15 - Sep 18 by ChaffRAFC

No real issue with the home kit, could do with a bit more white but still nice but this need for a white and blue away kit is infuriates me. It looks like a bury kit. Why on earth do we want that? Away kit gives you licence to be a bit more adventurous, use some better colours. Always liked the yellow and dark green kits we've used in the not too distant past.

I'd actually love, and I've designed one in this colour for the competition, a neon green away kit!

For me, the away kit colour has to be one that can be expected to be used every time blue clashes.

Wouldn't mind blue and black stripes for home kit, and red and black stripes for away - the Milan double.
Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 18:02 - Sep 18 with 2422 views442Dale

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 14:15 - Sep 18 by ChaffRAFC

The three choices fans were given to vote on and the subsequent choice of white for the away kit for the 13/14 season illustrate how important it is to get a good selection of strips to choose from. Having 6 this time should ensure that happens. Plus, the designs being looked at this time are those by supporters who have a far better idea of what they'd buy/want their team to wear than the ones supplied for that previous vote.

At no stage should we have a white and blue away kit unless it also contains liberal amounts of black. It's all in the detail. The amount of marketing possibilities around kits is almost limitless at times, especially with the ability to think a bit differently with the away shirts...

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 18:14 - Sep 18 with 2412 views442Dale

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 17:02 - Sep 18 by ColDale

For me, the away kit colour has to be one that can be expected to be used every time blue clashes.

Wouldn't mind blue and black stripes for home kit, and red and black stripes for away - the Milan double.

Gillingham did that when they had blue & black stripes at home and the identical nature of each shirt was quite unique.

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 14:20 - Sep 19 with 2244 viewsTomRAFC

Wouldn't mind a return to the Dark Green away kit of old.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024