Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread 19:20 - Jan 1 with 8856 viewsToast_R

Long before Green signed for QPR under a massive wage increase on his elaspsed contract at West Ham, I always had Green down as an absolute melt. Mainly because of Clint Dempsey's pea roller in the World Cup that the average six year old goalkeeper at little league could have scooped up blindfolded.

He's never impressed me to be honest, his QPR premier league campaign got off to a terrible start v Swansea culpable for their soft opener and then flapping soft goals whenever given the nod over Cesar. Admittedly a bit of a renaissance in the Championship in 2013/14 but then Qpr had a solid back line most of that season. Sine then he's been so complacent and this season in particular, so can no longer be considered "a decent Championship keeper" because evidently he's not. He's given away Christ knows how many soft goals this season that he's making Tony Roberts look like Gordon Banks.

Please, please get him our of those sticks. Just see what Smithies can do. Can't be any worse surely??
[Post edited 1 Jan 2016 19:54]
The on 19:22 - Jan 1 with 7688 viewsDiscodroids

this non carb diet of his has turned him into larry fuc kin' Grayson.

shut that door , on your way out.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2016 19:23]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 19:24 - Jan 1 with 7659 viewshorshamHoop

I agree but not just because of today which was just a misunderstanding, we should not have signed Smithies if he was not intended to take over. Clive is right when he keeps banging on about the future - need to concentrate on that now as we are nowhere near play off standard and let the youngsters / newbies have their say.
The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 19:32 - Jan 1 with 7563 viewsCHUBBS

You could fill a Christmas bloopers dvd with the colossal cock ups he's made in his time here.
The on 19:33 - Jan 1 with 7553 viewsQPRDave

Rather go and get Bentley at sarfend, and sell both the ones we have
[Post edited 1 Jan 2016 19:34]
The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 19:36 - Jan 1 with 7520 viewsBklynRanger

If he doesn't get dropped after today's latest debacle then JFH deserves whatever criticism comes his way.
The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 19:39 - Jan 1 with 7488 viewsYorkRanger

I'm supportive of this thread
The on 19:58 - Jan 1 with 7396 viewsTheBlob

The on 19:33 - Jan 1 by QPRDave

Rather go and get Bentley at sarfend, and sell both the ones we have
[Post edited 1 Jan 2016 19:34]

They listen and they earn......

Poll: So how was the season for you?

The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 20:26 - Jan 1 with 7313 viewsBumdaR

Having tired of sprouts and carrots, it's time to give peas a chance
Login to get fewer ads

The on 20:39 - Jan 1 with 7269 viewsDorse

Things I would rather have in goal other than Rob Green:

- A traffic cone with 'Groucho Marx' disguise and yellow marigolds sellotaped to the sides
- A Lego effigy of one of the minor background aliens from Star Wars. I would suggest 'Pruneface'*
- Several magic beans
- Willo the Wisp, as voiced by Kenneth Williams
- Shaun Wright-Phillips. With a bag on his head. Facing the wrong way. Being given a series of horrendous Chinese burns, which isn't racist, so do one.

That is all.

* For further reference see
[Post edited 1 Jan 2016 20:41]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The on 20:55 - Jan 1 with 7234 viewsPommyhoop

He is shit.
{ Green that is }
[Post edited 1 Jan 2016 21:12]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 21:25 - Jan 1 with 7136 viewsBostonR

The Green situation is best described by Albert Einstein "doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results ". Time for Smithies to be given a chance.
The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 21:28 - Jan 1 with 7122 viewsLongsufferingR

Presuming that Smithies was going to be given a chance at Forest anyway, I hope he has an absolute blinder regardless of the result so that JFH has no option but to stick with him for Rotherham.
The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 21:45 - Jan 1 with 7072 viewsBluce_Ree

Yeah, put Smithies in. I'll get the popcorn.

On a related note, who is going to be the scapegoat when that happens. this fking place needs one after all.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 21:51 - Jan 1 with 7052 viewsPommyhoop

The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 21:45 - Jan 1 by Bluce_Ree

Yeah, put Smithies in. I'll get the popcorn.

On a related note, who is going to be the scapegoat when that happens. this fking place needs one after all.

Jimi Floyd Whassisname.
He's had it easy for too long..

The on 00:57 - Jan 2 with 6938 viewsFredManRave

Definitely agree with the giving Smithies a chance theme. As somebody else said, let's hope he's picked for the Cup run (Forest game) thus leaving JFH with literally no choice than to keep picking him.

Definitely don't agree with the the theme on the Green thread. "Cnút" this "cnút" that. Says more about those calling him that than his goalkeeping abilities.

Green is a good keeper that has served us well in previous seasons but this is quite easily his worst season and he's on such a bad run of form that for all our sakes Smithies should be given a decent run in the team.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2016 1:00]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 01:02 - Jan 2 with 6923 viewsPunteR

Yep put Smithies in.
Watch us shoot up the league.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The on 01:12 - Jan 2 with 6906 viewsPommyhoop

The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 01:02 - Jan 2 by PunteR

Yep put Smithies in.
Watch us shoot up the league.

It's not about that anymore Punter. Didnt you hear Jimmi?
Its about the future. If we dont put Smithies in now we might as well
sell him.We know Green isnt here next season and his form is shocking so now is right to
give the youngen a go.Green is'nt so good that he should be picked however he performs
surely?
[Post edited 2 Jan 2016 1:12]

The on 01:23 - Jan 2 with 6889 viewsPunteR

The on 01:12 - Jan 2 by Pommyhoop

It's not about that anymore Punter. Didnt you hear Jimmi?
Its about the future. If we dont put Smithies in now we might as well
sell him.We know Green isnt here next season and his form is shocking so now is right to
give the youngen a go.Green is'nt so good that he should be picked however he performs
surely?
[Post edited 2 Jan 2016 1:12]

I agree mate,but the knives have been out for Green for a while . Green isnt the problem at the club.
I'll be happy with Smithies in goal next match. I'm pretty sure it wont much difference to anything that happens at the club over the next few years.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The on 01:32 - Jan 2 with 6877 viewsPommyhoop

The on 01:23 - Jan 2 by PunteR

I agree mate,but the knives have been out for Green for a while . Green isnt the problem at the club.
I'll be happy with Smithies in goal next match. I'm pretty sure it wont much difference to anything that happens at the club over the next few years.

Yeah I agree he probably wont make much difference. We've got to start sometime though.
Clearing out the old guard and giving the youngsters a chance. And I honestly dont think that
Smithies is so bad he's going to get us relegated ( neither will Green BTW )
I dont think Green is shite even tho I put that up earlier.I should've put up his form this season has been shite as I did in other threads.

The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 02:29 - Jan 2 with 6833 viewsnix

Green is a nice guy who seems to do his best every week, so I wouldn't want to call him names either. However, he is on shocking form at the moment and it must be hell to be a QPR defender at the moment. I go to most home games and he makes a howler at least every game. They don't all lead to goals but an unacceptable percentage do. Our defence never know if he is going to come for crosses or not because he is wildly inconsistent and doesn't appear to call, or at least loudly enough.

I can't remember any similar howlers by any visiting goalies this season. Other teams seem very comfortable passing back to their goalies and letting them take crosses in six yard area. Our defence are constantly having to hit it out for corners or throw ins cos they don't trust Green. Giving Smithies a chance seems a no-brainer tbh. I would be surprised if he doesn't play in the cup game against Foret.
The on 02:35 - Jan 2 with 6828 viewsDannyPaddox

Please please please let me get what I want. The Smithies? What difference does it make? Some goalies are bigger than others. There is a floodlight that never goes out. Stop me if you think you've heard this one before. Reel around the six-yard box. Panic. Goalkeeper in a coma. Panic. Hasselbaink knows I'm miserable now. Panic. Still ill. Panic. Rank. Panic. The Smithies. Panic. (Don't) Panic. Panic!
[Post edited 2 Jan 2016 2:49]
The on 02:52 - Jan 2 with 6802 viewsPommyhoop

The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 02:29 - Jan 2 by nix

Green is a nice guy who seems to do his best every week, so I wouldn't want to call him names either. However, he is on shocking form at the moment and it must be hell to be a QPR defender at the moment. I go to most home games and he makes a howler at least every game. They don't all lead to goals but an unacceptable percentage do. Our defence never know if he is going to come for crosses or not because he is wildly inconsistent and doesn't appear to call, or at least loudly enough.

I can't remember any similar howlers by any visiting goalies this season. Other teams seem very comfortable passing back to their goalies and letting them take crosses in six yard area. Our defence are constantly having to hit it out for corners or throw ins cos they don't trust Green. Giving Smithies a chance seems a no-brainer tbh. I would be surprised if he doesn't play in the cup game against Foret.

Yep .Almost every game I get to see now ( only highlights mostly ) I find myself looking at the oppo keeper coming for crosses, commanding his area , communicating and distributing quickly and with distance , and feeling VVVVV

The on 09:43 - Jan 2 with 6674 viewsDiscodroids

You see that Butler 'Brackett' from 'Chigley' walking down the hall for 5 minutes to answer the door at winkstead statley hall........thats rob green coming off his line that is.

[Post edited 2 Jan 2016 9:44]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 10:10 - Jan 2 with 6611 viewssilky

It is TIME!

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 10:44 - Jan 2 with 6564 viewsQPR1882

The only trouble with giving smithies a go is what happens when he makes his next mistake ?. The two games he has played for us he has made errors leading to goals against. So what happens if he comes in next game and makes another rick ? Do you call for Green to be put back in ? Most on here would look pretty silly if they did after campaigning so hard to get him out in the 1st place. I don't feel Green is as bad as most make out, yes he makes errors but name me one player in the team that does not. Your next argument will be Greens errors lead to goals well in my opinion every error on the pitch can lead up to goals, Henry not following his man last night or Cheif letting the cross come over for example. Charlie,Phillips,Henry,Polter have all missed what I would class as sitters this year, sitters that would have got us points. As a keeper I will welcome Smithies into the side and like Green will defend him if I think mistakes blamed on him are not his fault.Just be careful what you wish for, the grass is not always greener on the other side.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024