Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? 15:21 - Jan 8 with 13077 viewsToast_R

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35252650

No more then 6 pints of beer of meek boys beer a week or 7 glasses of wine a week?

Hideous.

What would the French make of it?

Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 15:31 - Jan 8 with 8789 viewsdaveB

http://newsthump.com/2016/01/08/the-sweet-bliss-of-drinking-completely-outweighs
Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 15:59 - Jan 8 with 8736 viewsSimonJames

Rowley Birkin QC, the head of the committee that came up with the recommendations, has subsequently spoken out about it:

100% of people who drink water will die.

Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 16:11 - Jan 8 with 8711 viewsMytch_QPR

I remember a thread about going dry in January - I'm doing it this year (as much to save money as anything else, but also training for half marathons / marathon later this year).

Feeling better, sleeping better. Also feeling slightly smug.

Anyone else?
Disco????

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 16:14 - Jan 8 with 8698 viewspaulparker

Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 16:11 - Jan 8 by Mytch_QPR

I remember a thread about going dry in January - I'm doing it this year (as much to save money as anything else, but also training for half marathons / marathon later this year).

Anyone else?
Disco????

In the Week is ok, its just weekends that I find it hard not to have a beer, especially Saturday & Sundays

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 16:17 - Jan 8 with 8691 viewsMetallica_Hoop

6 pints? I've usually have 4-5 before everyone arrives.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 16:18 - Jan 8 with 8679 viewssimmo

I'd rather have cancer.

To quote El-P - 'Do not worry about my habits, without sin I'd probably hate life'
[Post edited 8 Jan 2016 16:28]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 16:18 - Jan 8 with 8680 viewsaston_hoop

Probably better to go dry when the season is over!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 16:20 - Jan 8 with 8675 viewsMytch_QPR

Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 16:14 - Jan 8 by paulparker

In the Week is ok, its just weekends that I find it hard not to have a beer, especially Saturday & Sundays

I'm thinking that I'll be back on the booze Fri and Sat evenings, but try to be good (boring) during the week. I'm running faster already - apparently every ounce lost means a couple of seconds quicker per mile (or something like that)...

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Login to get fewer ads

Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 16:28 - Jan 8 with 8636 viewsHendonHoop

The way things are now going in this Country, a good night out in this Nanny State will be popping into a Water and Lettuce Bar, in which all that is on offer is a large selection of mineral waters and plates of various leaves on the bar. Surrounded by Magnolia painted walls and background piped sounds of the rain forests or Whale Song. Okay yaaahh? Now! ....I need a beer!!!
Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 16:30 - Jan 8 with 8615 viewspaulparker

Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 16:20 - Jan 8 by Mytch_QPR

I'm thinking that I'll be back on the booze Fri and Sat evenings, but try to be good (boring) during the week. I'm running faster already - apparently every ounce lost means a couple of seconds quicker per mile (or something like that)...

Fair Play Mytch, a few years ago I was bang into the running and doing 25km a week , it can be addictive as you get in to it and the weight will fly off ,
going to try and be a lot more healthy this year , I haven't had a fag since the Hull game
and only had 2 shandys the other week , putting on my work trousers and seeing my buttons fall off is the wake up call I need, that and my beer belly resting on Mrs P's arse whilst I attempt to mount her being the other

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 16:35 - Jan 8 with 8596 viewsRs_Holy

Anyone else?
Disco????

Well I could cut out drinking and probably live a much longer, much more miserable life!
Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 16:35 - Jan 8 with 8594 viewsFredManRave

Anyone else?
Disco????

I'm sure all southern hemisphereans will agree with me when I say that it's impossible to have the month of January off down here. Basically, it's summer time and it's hot hot hot and what better way to end the day by kicking off the sandals and sitting in the garden sipping a nice cold beer.

Personally I'm going to be realistic and try for a dry March...

or maybe April...

shít, it's my birthday in April...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 16:38 - Jan 8 with 8583 viewsRangersw12

Anyone else?
Disco????

Was thinking about doing it but then I decided on going to Forest tomorrow and Rotherham next week and no way can I watch Rangers sober so it's on the back burner for another year
Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 16:51 - Jan 8 with 8550 viewsDiscodroids

Anyone else?
Disco????

4TH dry January on the trot for me Mytch. I also dont drink 3 weeks before going on my two week annual holiday. Im going to Dubrovnik this year so it will be brutal.

Jo has noticed that when i stay off the booze it increases my sexual powers to greater heights. Up to 3 times a year.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 16:54 - Jan 8 with 8545 viewsPunteR

I'm off the booze this month.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 17:08 - Jan 8 with 8514 viewsjohncharles

But how are the figures arrived at. Everyone lies to the doctor about how much they drink.
Serious liver problem ? How much do you drink a day ? Only a couple of pints doc.
Conclusion, two pints a day = liver damage and death.

Strong and stable my arse.

Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 17:08 - Jan 8 with 8514 views1MoreBrightonR

The French dont even have recommended amounts. This raises some interesting points around there being all sorts of activities that are have a higher risk than drinking that the government doesnt get involved in:
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jan/08/state-drinking-habits-uk-gu

i'm not doing dry january as it would just be miserable but i've commited to only drinking one day a week. December was brutal and i got the flu and i'd like to cut down in general so i'm hoping even after january, i dont drink too much.
Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 17:18 - Jan 8 with 8481 viewsJuzzie

I rarely drink during the week anyway, less so since Juzzie Jnr arrived. I may have an odd beer or two at weekends but that's about it.

People I know who were a lot more regular have said that they have benefited in so many ways since they cut it right down to just a few.

There's one bloke at work who I swear lives in the local pub. Always see him in there as I drive past after work. He's big, looks bloated, his complexion is bad.... he just looks a mess. Cannot be good.
Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 17:21 - Jan 8 with 8468 viewsBoston

Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 16:35 - Jan 8 by FredManRave

I'm sure all southern hemisphereans will agree with me when I say that it's impossible to have the month of January off down here. Basically, it's summer time and it's hot hot hot and what better way to end the day by kicking off the sandals and sitting in the garden sipping a nice cold beer.

Personally I'm going to be realistic and try for a dry March...

or maybe April...

shít, it's my birthday in April...

Extremely disturbing post....sandals!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 17:31 - Jan 8 with 8441 viewsFredManRave

Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 17:21 - Jan 8 by Boston

Extremely disturbing post....sandals!

Well I can't walk around with just my socks on, can I.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2016 17:37]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 18:45 - Jan 8 with 8324 viewsPinnerR

I'm having my first drink of 2016 tonight. No high moral ground, just that at 65 I needed a week off after an outrageous Christmas and New Year.

As to the question in the OP. Yes!
Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 20:50 - Jan 8 with 8203 viewsRickyDicky

Yep, off the booze this month, did last year aswell . Also did July last year, that was tougher !

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 20:52 - Jan 8 with 8202 viewsLowerloftLad

What's that father Jack drink drink drink .. Okay

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 21:41 - Jan 8 with 8144 viewsDoughnut

Alcohol and Limit are a contradiction in terms!! Bloody nanny state!
Alcohol Limits, is it a bollocks? on 21:49 - Jan 8 with 8120 viewsbosh67

Okay, so we've now been told by the government that any level of alcohol intake could kill us. Surely then, in an act of good will, the government should immediately cease making the money they take in tax on every alcoholic product? After all, if they continue to do so they are obviously condoning the making money on products that potentially give us all cancer.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024