Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Race is on" to sign Rob Green 21:02 - Jan 20 with 12794 viewskysersosaqpr

Various sources on NewsNowQpr reporting "race" between crystal palace, Liverpool, Bournemouth to sign rob green. You couldn't make it up!
I don't get it; are we missing something that others see?

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

(No subject) on 08:16 - Jan 21 with 2595 viewsBlue_Castello

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 07:46 - Jan 21 by JonDoeman

Fair point. Course he deserves a bit of respect .

Agreed he does deserve some respect for the performances he has given us as a shot stopper particularly whilst having Richard Dunne as a centre half. There's no disputing that Green has been a very good keeper, you don't get to his level having represented your country if your crap.

There is no getting away from the fact that Green can make some great saves but I think the majority can see that his game has gone downhill, particularly this season when we have had a very erratic back four. Green has never given confidence when crosses come into the box and that is a major part of a keepers game in the Championship, everybody who sits around me at the home games is in agreement. Guess I have been spoilt over the years, having followed the Rs for 50 years now I had the pleasure of watching Seaman and the great Phil Parkes.

Anyway thanks Rob it's time for you to move on, the club is finally facing up to financial reality mainly due to FFP, can we all agree that Smithies should be No1 till the end of the season because we can't afford to waste money any more.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2016 8:20]
"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 08:36 - Jan 21 with 2557 viewsDylanP

Rob Green is a top professional. Nothing less. Last year Rob was outstanding. He is too expensive for us in the Championship and as we are going to be here a while we cannot afford to keep him. However, people slaggin him off is out of order. Green has been a true professional 100% of his time with us. Didn't make a fuss when Cesar was brought in. Played his way to the #1 goalie spot. Played well, week in week out. Never hid when things went south.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 08:42 - Jan 21 with 2537 viewsDiscodroids

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 21:50 - Jan 20 by paulparker

Pound for pound Green is one of the worst keepers I've seen at Rangers
He makes Juergen sommer look like Lev Yashin
They say a good keeper saves you 12 points a season well Green costs us at least 12 points
Awful on his near post, can't kick , terrible concentration , I never seem him catch a ball either
We would be better off with a scarecrow between the sticks

Damn shame, i wont be able to dig out the old atari 2600 game anymore.

Rob' Yars Revenge ' Green

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 09:21 - Jan 21 with 2498 viewsTheBlob

It was the increasingly surprised look on his boatrace that got to me.The expression that said "did I really do that?" as effort after effort whistled past his near post across his despairing dive or an empty chicken claw grasp at a medium height cross.Like Dr.Jekyll finally realising he is Mr.Hyde.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 09:28 - Jan 21 with 2480 viewsisawqpratwcity

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 09:21 - Jan 21 by TheBlob

It was the increasingly surprised look on his boatrace that got to me.The expression that said "did I really do that?" as effort after effort whistled past his near post across his despairing dive or an empty chicken claw grasp at a medium height cross.Like Dr.Jekyll finally realising he is Mr.Hyde.

I know what you mean. But then you'd have to wonder if the subby who picks the photos is working to a theme. But feel sorry for him or not, he's got to go. Even without his worse faults he wouldn't be value-for-money on his contract extension. And if he can't play, there's no point in paying his wages for the rest of the season.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

(No subject) on 09:45 - Jan 21 with 2438 viewswestberksr

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 22:11 - Jan 20 by daveB

I thought he had a good season in our promotion year and was pretty decent for most of last season as well. I don't really understand the hatred towards him at the moment

As a former England goalkeeper still at the prime age for playing at the top level he should have had a good season in the championship promotion season behind a pretty solid defence and did; but let's not get too excited by that.

i also don't like the way he was treated under Hughes initially and he has periodically been competent since; but given his profile, experience and wages he should arguably be the best in the league and the bedrock of our team. I don't doubt he might be a nice guy and a decent pro but the game is littered with those.

he isn't relaible enough and has made too many stupid mistakes for someone with his CV. If a prem club need back up then good luck to him and them.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2016 9:51]
"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 09:47 - Jan 21 with 2436 viewsTHEBUSH

As far as I can see, for some fans on this site. there are not many players good enough to play for us.
I would say Rob Green has done more good for us than bad, still I suppose it's all about opinions and that's mine
"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 10:00 - Jan 21 with 2417 viewsAddinall

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 09:47 - Jan 21 by THEBUSH

As far as I can see, for some fans on this site. there are not many players good enough to play for us.
I would say Rob Green has done more good for us than bad, still I suppose it's all about opinions and that's mine

Mine too!
Login to get fewer ads

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 10:01 - Jan 21 with 2413 viewsadhoc_qpr

Generally good keeper at this level who drops slightly more than his fair share of clangers.

I'll be happy to have his wage gone, but i don't have any animosity towards Green - he's a decent pro.
"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 10:04 - Jan 21 with 2404 viewsQPunkR

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 10:01 - Jan 21 by adhoc_qpr

Generally good keeper at this level who drops slightly more than his fair share of clangers.

I'll be happy to have his wage gone, but i don't have any animosity towards Green - he's a decent pro.

Yep, I agree. I think he's a liability now and we should offload to let the younger fellas through and get his wages off the bill, but he doesn't deserve hatred from us (think I'm finally cooling down after that Chelscum goal!).

QPR - "shit but local"

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 10:09 - Jan 21 with 2392 viewsrobith

I'm surprised by the opprobrium towards him. His form has declined markedly this season, and in particular his kicking and decision making which were never his strongest suit anyway has gotten worse. He's on a large contract and with his age and the potential of an auto renew it's time to go our separate ways, especially if he has suitors from the level above.

However. he's been a decent servant to the club, holds a defensive record for us, conducted himself well, and as touched he was massive at Wembley, just massive.

I'd say thanks for everything and best of luck for the future - especially as he's looking to go into the admin side of football post playing career - and we'll look to our with Smithies as our first choice.
"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 10:22 - Jan 21 with 2354 viewsstevec

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 07:51 - Jan 21 by Hayesender

I'm more concerned with the thought of McCarthy coming back.

Just make Smithies our first choice with Joanna as backup, and use what little money we have on a couple of half decent fullbacks

Agree about McCarthy, looked a fumbler to me.

Ideal time for Smithies, 19 practice games coming up.
"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 10:41 - Jan 21 with 2310 viewsBluce_Ree

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 10:22 - Jan 21 by stevec

Agree about McCarthy, looked a fumbler to me.

Ideal time for Smithies, 19 practice games coming up.

You won't be saying that in ten games time when we're in a relegation battle!

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 10:42 - Jan 21 with 2308 viewsTacticalR

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 09:47 - Jan 21 by THEBUSH

I think the 'nobody is good enough to play for QPR' is half the equation.

The other half is that 'the grass is always greener' (no pun intended). This is one thing that bothers me about the apparently new & sensible idea of getting gems from the lower leagues, as behind it can be the very old & unsensible idea that has long plagued us - that new players, as long as they have come from somewhere else, *must* be better than what we have.

Air hostess clique

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 10:45 - Jan 21 with 2298 viewsngbqpr

As Clive has often pointed out about many an Rs player, whether we're Prem strugglers or in the second tier - if they weren't flawed, they wouldn't be with us

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 10:49 - Jan 21 with 2095 viewsBluce_Ree

The truth is there is no loyalty in football. People are quick to slag off players and managers for leaving and whatever but the fans are just as bad. They are loyal to the name of the club yes, but you could be a legend at a club but once you hit your used by date, that's it. F**king Liverpool fans all wanted rid of Gerrard by the end and he's the only really good player they've had in the last twenty years.

Age has caught up with Green and now he's getting called a c*nt on here but he did the business for us when we went up. And we were kind of shit when we went up.

(No subject) on 10:52 - Jan 21 with 2084 viewsJamie

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 22:11 - Jan 20 by daveB

I thought he had a good season in our promotion year and was pretty decent for most of last season as well. I don't really understand the hatred towards him at the moment

Can only speak for myself, but he's a bang average player on an exorbitant salary. Not his fault you might well say.

However he refused to take a paycut to leave QPR in the Championship and play in the PL for West Ham.

In Uncle Tone speak 'the wrong sort', in any other language, a cnt.

SWP was eviscerated on here for turning down a loan move because he actually wanted to play for us, yet we should celebrate Green refusing to take a small paycut to play at the highest level when even the man in the street knows that the club is in a desperate financial state?!?

So he played ok in the championship? I should fcking hope so, he was literally earning 10 times what the other keepers at this level are!!!

If we were asking him to take a paycut and join Carlisle, fair enough. However he was being offered a PL gig, with a shorter commute but slightly less money FFS!

I usually agree with you Dave, but on this one you're totally wrong, IMO.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2016 11:01]
"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 11:39 - Jan 21 with 2009 viewsBluce_Ree

Maybe he chose to stay as #1 at QPR rather than be #2 at West Ham? Maybe he shouldn't be forced to take a pay cut just because we're now trying to cut back on spending.

Not the wrong sort at all.

The wrong sort would be some benchwarming c*nt who doesn't want to get involved.

(No subject) on 11:47 - Jan 21 with 1980 viewsisawqpratwcity

(No subject) on 10:52 - Jan 21 by Jamie

Can only speak for myself, but he's a bang average player on an exorbitant salary. Not his fault you might well say.

However he refused to take a paycut to leave QPR in the Championship and play in the PL for West Ham.

In Uncle Tone speak 'the wrong sort', in any other language, a cnt.

SWP was eviscerated on here for turning down a loan move because he actually wanted to play for us, yet we should celebrate Green refusing to take a small paycut to play at the highest level when even the man in the street knows that the club is in a desperate financial state?!?

So he played ok in the championship? I should fcking hope so, he was literally earning 10 times what the other keepers at this level are!!!

If we were asking him to take a paycut and join Carlisle, fair enough. However he was being offered a PL gig, with a shorter commute but slightly less money FFS!

I usually agree with you Dave, but on this one you're totally wrong, IMO.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2016 11:01]

How much less money do you think Wham offered him? A third less? Half?

I don't know about you but if I make a deal with a boss it would take bloody exceptional circumstances for me to then disadvantage myself and take a drastic cut. And that doesn't make me, or Green, a cnt.

And don't get me started on SWP not going out on loan "because he actually wanted to play for us". The guy had the form of a pub team player at closing time and the only way he was going to regain any competitive edge was to go out on loan with some Conference side or League 2 at absolute best. But no, he was happy to calcify at Loftus Road on more money than Green without lifting a bloody finger to improve. Now there's a cnt!

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 12:23 - Jan 21 with 1913 viewsessextaxiboy

If you think he is just past his best and should move on why does it get labelled "hatred"

Footballs a game of opinions .
"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 12:25 - Jan 21 with 1907 viewsBluce_Ree

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 12:23 - Jan 21 by essextaxiboy

If you think he is just past his best and should move on why does it get labelled "hatred"

Footballs a game of opinions .

Because folks are calling him a c*nt.

That's why.

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 12:32 - Jan 21 with 1876 viewsRJ7

Should have gone with Hans Peter, Greyfriars Bobby & Redknapp after the Derby game.
"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 12:51 - Jan 21 with 1825 viewsPunteR

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 11:39 - Jan 21 by Bluce_Ree

Maybe he chose to stay as #1 at QPR rather than be #2 at West Ham? Maybe he shouldn't be forced to take a pay cut just because we're now trying to cut back on spending.

Not the wrong sort at all.

The wrong sort would be some benchwarming c*nt who doesn't want to get involved.

Bit like McCarthy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 13:00 - Jan 21 with 1792 viewsisawqpratwcity

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 12:51 - Jan 21 by PunteR

Bit like McCarthy.

Cut and Paste fail? Next time try hitting "Preview Post" to check before "Add Reply".

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 13:06 - Jan 21 with 1777 viewsClive_Anderson

There seems to be shortage of decent players around at the moment with players like Caulker and Green getting interest despite not being very good.

I think the days of the bigger teams filling their reserve teams with good players have come to an end now that the tv money has gone up for everyone else.
© FansNetwork 2024