Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch statement! 15:19 - Jan 21 with 8241 viewsroccydaleian

http://footytweets.com/rochdale/news/258321
Pitch statement! on 15:49 - Jan 21 with 5723 viewsMoonyDale

This is going to be expensive, who will pay? Stadium Company don't have any cash....Hornets don't have any cash and if they did it would be hidden under a rock somewhere so it looks like it's down to the Dale .......Wonderful..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Pitch statement! on 15:53 - Jan 21 with 5696 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch statement! on 15:49 - Jan 21 by MoonyDale

This is going to be expensive, who will pay? Stadium Company don't have any cash....Hornets don't have any cash and if they did it would be hidden under a rock somewhere so it looks like it's down to the Dale .......Wonderful..

Perhaps it gives CD some ammunition ...... watch this space as to what he does with it?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pitch statement! on 16:01 - Jan 21 with 5649 viewsdingdangblue

Obviously the RFL will offer to go halves.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pitch statement! on 17:27 - Jan 21 with 5446 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Pitch statement! on 16:01 - Jan 21 by dingdangblue

Obviously the RFL will offer to go halves.

Yeah....they'll go for the Pearl Street half.......Dale can pay to restore the aptly named Sandy half?
Pitch statement! on 17:39 - Jan 21 with 5399 views442Dale

It's really good that supporters are aware of the situation. It's much easier to understand when such communication exists. Credit to the club/Hornets/Stadium Company for the statement so we all know about the issues and what is being done to overcome them.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pitch statement! on 17:44 - Jan 21 with 5370 viewsKenBoon

That half of the pitch must be really f**ked up. It didn't look too bad after the Chesterfield game and I didn't notice players falling on their arse (expect from their fella who got sent off).
Pitch statement! on 17:44 - Jan 21 with 5365 viewsFrog

"the flooding that hit the town centre and local areas resulted in the town being declared a disaster zone"
Since when did it need flooding to be considered a disaster zone?
Pitch statement! on 17:46 - Jan 21 with 5360 viewsKenBoon

Here's the non-advert filled direct link (well apart from the zillion adverts the 'fishul site has)
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/statement-pitch-report-commissioned-29
Login to get fewer ads

Pitch statement! on 17:51 - Jan 21 with 5327 viewsrobbowood

The Stadium Compnay (i.e. the football club no doubt) will have to pay Dr Stephen Baker of the Sports Turf Research Institute first
Pitch statement! on 18:07 - Jan 21 with 5266 viewsjudd

An expert in his field. Arf!

Poll: What is it to be then?

Pitch statement! on 18:09 - Jan 21 with 5259 viewsD_Alien

Pitch statement! on 17:39 - Jan 21 by 442Dale

It's really good that supporters are aware of the situation. It's much easier to understand when such communication exists. Credit to the club/Hornets/Stadium Company for the statement so we all know about the issues and what is being done to overcome them.

It's a statement which allows all parties to move forward. What's done is done, and the only thing that matters now is to defuse any further tensions so the proposed deal over ownership of the stadium can be completed.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pitch statement! on 18:22 - Jan 21 with 5192 viewsColDale

I seem to remember a few years back around the time of the Oldham abandonment, the pitch was struggling because the local drains were full, and as such there was nowhere for the water from the pitch to run off to. I suppose with the recent flooding, we may well have similar issues again tho its strange quite why its one half of the pitch only.

Agree with D_Alien that it puts the sniping to one side and allow proper progress to be made.
Pitch statement! on 18:31 - Jan 21 with 5154 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I met some friends (City fans who live in Accy) at the Chesterfield game and we all thought the pitch looked and played really well........does this latest action suggest that within 24 hours of that match the pitch was shot, or was it already struggling because of the sheer amount of rain in OL11?

This report by the good Doctor suggests we are looking at more long term work BUT can we patch up and mend till the end of May?

Not pointing any fingers just yet,

Agree,glad the Clubs have been transparent on this topic.
Pitch statement! on 19:47 - Jan 21 with 4966 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch statement! on 18:07 - Jan 21 by judd

An expert in his field. Arf!

Should be called Paddy.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Pitch statement! on 21:03 - Jan 21 with 4809 viewsDomDale

http://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/conference-premier-step-one

I appreciate we're not non league but the gap between the conference and FL has never been smaller. Artificial pitches have come a long way since Preston and Oldham had them 25 years ago and I can't help but think this decision will bring the idea back to discussion of smaller FL clubs sharing with Rugby clubs or at risk of regular postponement due to weather and resource.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Pitch statement! on 21:18 - Jan 21 with 4771 views1mark1

Pitch statement! on 21:03 - Jan 21 by DomDale

http://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/conference-premier-step-one

I appreciate we're not non league but the gap between the conference and FL has never been smaller. Artificial pitches have come a long way since Preston and Oldham had them 25 years ago and I can't help but think this decision will bring the idea back to discussion of smaller FL clubs sharing with Rugby clubs or at risk of regular postponement due to weather and resource.

http://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/conference-south-step-two/1

This article suggests that the outlay in costs might not be a cost saver, even if they were allowed and if the club wanted one. How many games in a season equates to £100,000 ?

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Pitch statement! on 22:08 - Jan 21 with 4676 viewsKenBoon

The problem with artificial turf is, whenever anyone gets injured on it people will speculate it is the surface. When teams lose they will sometimes blame the surface. I imagine they also cost a fortune in upkeep to keep them at a professional standard. Also Football is supposed to be played on Grass.
Pitch statement! on 01:39 - Jan 22 with 4471 viewsVespa

Pitch statement! on 22:08 - Jan 21 by KenBoon

The problem with artificial turf is, whenever anyone gets injured on it people will speculate it is the surface. When teams lose they will sometimes blame the surface. I imagine they also cost a fortune in upkeep to keep them at a professional standard. Also Football is supposed to be played on Grass.

It's true that as soon as a player gets hurt there'll be plenty who blame the surface (whether it's to blame or not) and the away team will blame the pitch if they lose but artificial pitches are cheaper to maintain than grass.
They can also take far more use than traditional pitches. Teams could train on them saving on training venues and they can be used for other sports or just more soccer.
But as you say football is supposed to be played on grass, both codes.

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

Pitch statement! on 02:09 - Jan 22 with 4463 viewsflyerdale

So after 10 years investment in the pitch its ended up knackered after one weekend of sport on it? Frig me we are in the shit
Pitch statement! on 04:36 - Jan 22 with 4441 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Pitch statement! on 01:39 - Jan 22 by Vespa

It's true that as soon as a player gets hurt there'll be plenty who blame the surface (whether it's to blame or not) and the away team will blame the pitch if they lose but artificial pitches are cheaper to maintain than grass.
They can also take far more use than traditional pitches. Teams could train on them saving on training venues and they can be used for other sports or just more soccer.
But as you say football is supposed to be played on grass, both codes.

I've watched Widnes a few times on the 4G pitch. It plays well and the bounce of the ball is pretty true. I think Liverpool's youth team plays soccer there also.

Can't recall any major injuries over the last few seasons in the rugby that people have suggested could be pitch related.
Pitch statement! on 08:54 - Jan 22 with 4293 viewsSalwaDale

Pitch statement! on 04:36 - Jan 22 by Albert_Whitehurst

I've watched Widnes a few times on the 4G pitch. It plays well and the bounce of the ball is pretty true. I think Liverpool's youth team plays soccer there also.

Can't recall any major injuries over the last few seasons in the rugby that people have suggested could be pitch related.

In their first season there were loads of complaints (especially in the first few weeks) but they seemed to soon stop. Anyone who has played on a good 4G pitch knows how much better they are than old astroturf but they're still not quite grass. However, the grass that football is played on now is nothing like the grass of the 1970s. There are less and less postponements now for clubs higher up the food chain and I think I'd be happier watching Dale play on grass.

TBBT

Pitch statement! on 09:25 - Jan 22 with 4249 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch statement! on 02:09 - Jan 22 by flyerdale

So after 10 years investment in the pitch its ended up knackered after one weekend of sport on it? Frig me we are in the shit

Definitely the floods have been a major difference this season. If the pitch has nowhere to drain to then its going to become waterlogged and it seems thats what's happened. I think every season its taken a turn for the worse in the new year, Hornets start playing on it and the weather is obviously worse , its happened every season in the past - just this year with the torrential rain we've had it just ruined it completely. See what Keith has to say about it today.

Pitch statement! on 11:40 - Jan 22 with 4092 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch statement! on 02:09 - Jan 22 by flyerdale

Not really. It is an accumulation of several months of unprecedented rainfall and problems with the drainage, which have eventually proved to be something of an issue.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Pitch statement! on 12:26 - Jan 22 with 4014 viewsmingthemerciless

Pitch statement! on 11:40 - Jan 22 by TVOS1907

Not really. It is an accumulation of several months of unprecedented rainfall and problems with the drainage, which have eventually proved to be something of an issue.

Another issue is generally we are used to the pitches are in much better condition these days, certainly towards the end of the season. I can remember games in April were the only grass to be seen was out on the wings towards the corner flags with a big diamond of soil up the middle.

Anybody else played on Stoneyfield in the past ? I bloody hated playing there. TBA's pitches spoiled me.
Pitch statement! on 13:10 - Jan 22 with 3916 viewsD_Alien

Pitch statement! on 12:26 - Jan 22 by mingthemerciless

Another issue is generally we are used to the pitches are in much better condition these days, certainly towards the end of the season. I can remember games in April were the only grass to be seen was out on the wings towards the corner flags with a big diamond of soil up the middle.

Anybody else played on Stoneyfield in the past ? I bloody hated playing there. TBA's pitches spoiled me.

Spent half my childhood playing on Stoney. Not local league games obviously, but the rutted, sloping goalmouths (especially the two in the middle) made it fun.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024