Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 17:18 - Jan 23 with 30869 viewsSwansTrust

The Swans Trust have issued the second part of our 'Where do we go from here?' statement:

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/01/23/where-do-we-go-from-here-part-2/

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 12:07 - Jan 24 with 2468 viewstomdickharry

What stands out for me in the Statement is that the recruitment of players has been abysmal,there are diamonds around and we have not been smart enough to spot them,recruit and possibly saved ourselves millions of ponds,the outstanding example Callum Wilson,there are others Dominic Iorfa (Wolves),Stuart Dallas (Leeds),Michael Keane (Burnley).
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 12:16 - Jan 24 with 2426 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 12:07 - Jan 24 by tomdickharry

What stands out for me in the Statement is that the recruitment of players has been abysmal,there are diamonds around and we have not been smart enough to spot them,recruit and possibly saved ourselves millions of ponds,the outstanding example Callum Wilson,there are others Dominic Iorfa (Wolves),Stuart Dallas (Leeds),Michael Keane (Burnley).

There is also a boy at Oxford who proved he can score against a prem side.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2016 12:17]
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 12:28 - Jan 24 with 2407 viewsAngelRangelQS

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 12:07 - Jan 24 by tomdickharry

I don't think anyone - probably not even the board - would disagree with that.

Personally I can understand why Tabanou was signed and everyone was excited about that one. As for Eder... he had no record of scoring goals even in a crap league like Portugal.
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 17:38 - Jan 24 with 2212 viewsBarryTownSwam

But the £45m deficit does not include the transfer value of the current squad.
Sell a few and the deficit will be a lot lot lot healthier.
It's all numbers of an accountants spreadsheet
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 17:45 - Jan 24 with 2192 viewsJack_The_Groove

Agree that this is a good statement. But what I would like to know more about is, if we stay up, what the significance of the huge TV money will be to the club, and how that will be invested. Especially in terms of strengthening the squad.

Poll: Who do you dislike more

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 18:45 - Jan 24 with 2136 viewsperplex

Fair statement as far as i am concerned.
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 23:40 - Jan 24 with 1979 viewsharryhpalmer

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 17:37 - Jan 23 by exiledclaseboy

And the sort of thing the Trust should be doing much more of. It still reads like the sort of info the club itself should be releasing but seeing as the club can't or won't, kudos to the Trust for saying what they can.

Good that the Trust has made this statement, what the hell do we pay the Club's PR department to do?

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 00:43 - Jan 25 with 1944 viewsLoyal

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 23:40 - Jan 24 by harryhpalmer

Good that the Trust has made this statement, what the hell do we pay the Club's PR department to do?

What PR dept ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 00:56 - Jan 25 with 1942 viewsDAL9000

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 00:12 - Jan 24 by swanstillidai

For the past couple of weeks I've been trying to get my head around how the actual f*ck our club has 600 staff on the payroll.

Let's see if we can't figure it out! I would guess a plurality of the employees are at the academy -- IIRC it employs 40 full-time coaches and 20 part-time, so that's 60 right there.

Presumably the academy will also have technical directors at various levels and perhaps its own recruitment staff, plus operations people to make travel arrangements and keep appropriate supplies on hand and so forth. Maybe another... 15 there? 20? Say 20, and that gets us up to 80.

Also, possibly there are a handful of nutritionists (and maybe cooks, if the kids are fed on-site?) and when you add in a small medical staff, that could get you up to 90-plus employees at the academy alone.

Which doesn't tell you what the other 510 employees can possibly be doing all day, but look, there are a lot of great cat videos on the Internet and they won't just watch THEMSELVES.
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 01:50 - Jan 25 with 1923 viewsswanstillidai

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 00:56 - Jan 25 by DAL9000

Let's see if we can't figure it out! I would guess a plurality of the employees are at the academy -- IIRC it employs 40 full-time coaches and 20 part-time, so that's 60 right there.

Presumably the academy will also have technical directors at various levels and perhaps its own recruitment staff, plus operations people to make travel arrangements and keep appropriate supplies on hand and so forth. Maybe another... 15 there? 20? Say 20, and that gets us up to 80.

Also, possibly there are a handful of nutritionists (and maybe cooks, if the kids are fed on-site?) and when you add in a small medical staff, that could get you up to 90-plus employees at the academy alone.

Which doesn't tell you what the other 510 employees can possibly be doing all day, but look, there are a lot of great cat videos on the Internet and they won't just watch THEMSELVES.

I got to around 250 and gave up.

I suppose the stewards are technically on the books too.
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 07:37 - Jan 25 with 1887 viewsHighjack

They have loads of people in the ticket office too. They have one serving the massive queue and about seven or eight standing around in the background trying to look important.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 12:07 - Jan 25 with 1799 viewsjackonicko

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 01:50 - Jan 25 by swanstillidai

I got to around 250 and gave up.

I suppose the stewards are technically on the books too.

Then you were very nearly there. Where did this figure of 600 come from anyway?

The accounts record 307 employees of the club. 222 have roles recorded as relating to "football", 17 in "administration", 59 in "commercial" and 9 for "media".

The number of employees is up from 246 the prior year, and nearly all of the difference comes under the heading of football. Presumably this is the ramp up of people required for cat 1 academy status?

I don't know if "media" covers watching the cat videos on youtube. My suspicion is that is actually covered by 50 or so of the 59 people in Commercial.

All of the stadium staff - eg stewards - are presumably separately recorded under SSMC, not the football club.
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 12:17 - Jan 25 with 1791 viewswhiterock

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 12:07 - Jan 25 by jackonicko

The accounts record 307 employees of the club. 222 have roles recorded as relating to "football", 17 in "administration", 59 in "commercial" and 9 for "media".

The number of employees is up from 246 the prior year, and nearly all of the difference comes under the heading of football. Presumably this is the ramp up of people required for cat 1 academy status?

I don't know if "media" covers watching the cat videos on youtube. My suspicion is that is actually covered by 50 or so of the 59 people in Commercial.

All of the stadium staff - eg stewards - are presumably separately recorded under SSMC, not the football club.

450 was figure I heard and this covered casual staff, waiters, waitresses, bar staff, stewards, security, cleaners, 3 shops, ticket office etc. Not all are directly employed by SCFC.
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 13:08 - Jan 25 with 1752 viewsJackSwanTV

Just seen this on facebook and it has made me think about it tbh. The trust are telling us what they want to

http://jackswan.co.uk/fans-being-misled/

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 13:21 - Jan 25 with 1744 viewsAngelRangelQS

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 13:08 - Jan 25 by JackSwanTV

Just seen this on facebook and it has made me think about it tbh. The trust are telling us what they want to

Sh*t article in keeping with the sh*t fanzine.
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 13:25 - Jan 25 with 1740 viewsJackSwanTV

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 13:21 - Jan 25 by AngelRangelQS

Sh*t article in keeping with the sh*t fanzine.

I'm sure such a remark would make you very popular on here but please expand.... If you can. No valid points?

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 13:34 - Jan 25 with 1732 viewsswanstillidai

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 12:07 - Jan 25 by jackonicko

From your mukka...

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/163092/don-keefe-swansea
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 13:38 - Jan 25 with 1718 viewsAngelRangelQS

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 13:25 - Jan 25 by JackSwanTV

I'm sure such a remark would make you very popular on here but please expand.... If you can. No valid points?

So you criticise this site but it's good enough for you to come on here peddling your crap.

I'm not really sure what your beef is with the figures used to be honest. 3.5 years is presumably from the summer that Brendan left which is a decent enough reference point. You could go back further and the figure is still high.

Why say the trust is misleading people? What purpose would that serve?

At a time when everyone needs to pull in the same direction, idiotic articles like this only serve to cause the thickos of Swansea to make further uneducated and unfair criticisms of the people running the club and giving up their free time to work on the trust
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 13:43 - Jan 25 with 1717 viewsJackSomething

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 13:08 - Jan 25 by JackSwanTV

I can't help but think you'd probably have a more successful fanzine if you actually appeared to support the club? Writing vague articles like that which suggest problems without any actual evidence seem to suggest you're the opposite of a supporter. IMHO of course.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 13:52 - Jan 25 with 1703 viewsJackSwanTV

You assume after Brendan? Is this right? Before Allen sale? Because that £15 million makes a big difference in 40 million. Why no net for monk? It's clearly designed to blame the manager and turn attention away from the board. I totally back the board and the trust but I do believe we have been misled and I don't appreciate it

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 14:16 - Jan 25 with 1673 viewsAngelRangelQS

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 13:52 - Jan 25 by JackSwanTV

You assume after Brendan? Is this right? Before Allen sale? Because that £15 million makes a big difference in 40 million. Why no net for monk? It's clearly designed to blame the manager and turn attention away from the board. I totally back the board and the trust but I do believe we have been misled and I don't appreciate it

Well 3.5 years ago was summer 2012
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 14:26 - Jan 25 with 1657 viewsJackSwanTV

For anyone browsing over that statement, it implies that the club have invested close to £12 million a year towards transfers and that monk had shed loads of cash and wasted it all.

I don't think it's a coincidence that they have chosen a timescale which will make the results look like the club have spent the most possible.

If you took it over 4 1/2 years then it would be closer to £5 million a year and we all know fans wouldn't be as happy with that.

And with monk, it implies he had loads of money. Simply skimming over the statement makes you think he wasted £50 million. What is the net? As much as £10 million? Maybe less? If it read and 'monk spent £10 million over three transfer windows' then I don't think fans would think he was 'backed' and would look at board more than him.

That is why I feel it is to mislead. It's a case of 'let's unite and blame monk' and I'm sorry but I don't think that's right, certainly not with selective figures anyway.

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 14:43 - Jan 25 with 1633 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 14:26 - Jan 25 by JackSwanTV

For anyone browsing over that statement, it implies that the club have invested close to £12 million a year towards transfers and that monk had shed loads of cash and wasted it all.

I don't think it's a coincidence that they have chosen a timescale which will make the results look like the club have spent the most possible.

If you took it over 4 1/2 years then it would be closer to £5 million a year and we all know fans wouldn't be as happy with that.

And with monk, it implies he had loads of money. Simply skimming over the statement makes you think he wasted £50 million. What is the net? As much as £10 million? Maybe less? If it read and 'monk spent £10 million over three transfer windows' then I don't think fans would think he was 'backed' and would look at board more than him.

That is why I feel it is to mislead. It's a case of 'let's unite and blame monk' and I'm sorry but I don't think that's right, certainly not with selective figures anyway.

I see your Rodgers and Allen, and raise you a Graham (3.5), Lita (2), Caulker (loan fee, about £1m IIRC), Gylfi (no idea, but not going to be cheap), McEachran (anothe £1m as I recall). Sinclair went in the August window, and we spent the same amount on Pablo.

Must admit I do find it strange that you took offence at an article taking an arbitary timeline when you pretty much made up your own, and your own figures of course which seemed to ignore a large amount of outgoings.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 14:49 - Jan 25 with 1623 viewsAngelRangelQS

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 14:26 - Jan 25 by JackSwanTV

Well it's only you that reads it in that way.

We've only real started spending money since the end of the first season as quite rightly we were guarded in the first year because the board probably thought we'd go straight back down.

It was only since Brendan left that we've started spending money. Even if you made it since we got promoted, the amount of money the club would have spent as a result of our promotion would really increase that figure... Changes to the stadium, electronic boards (pitch facing ones), promotion bonus, increase in staff etc...

Personally I don't think a net spend of £5m a year is that bad considering we've also invested heavily in the training grounds and academy
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 14:51 - Jan 25 with 1616 viewsmonmouth

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 14:43 - Jan 25 by Uxbridge

I see your Rodgers and Allen, and raise you a Graham (3.5), Lita (2), Caulker (loan fee, about £1m IIRC), Gylfi (no idea, but not going to be cheap), McEachran (anothe £1m as I recall). Sinclair went in the August window, and we spent the same amount on Pablo.

Must admit I do find it strange that you took offence at an article taking an arbitary timeline when you pretty much made up your own, and your own figures of course which seemed to ignore a large amount of outgoings.

You find it strange that thinking, logic and critical analysis isn't Jackswan's strong suit?

You need another gin and tonic.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024