Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's win 17:17 - Jan 30 with 10652 views442Dale

Great three points. We looked comfortable going forward, confident we could get at them. At the back the centre halves looked nervous as hell but were aided by good displays by the returning Rafferty and Kennedy. The decision making of both Lancashire and McNulty was unsure at best.

Get Syers fit and he'll be an asset, fits in to the way we play. He linked well with the likes of Henderson and Camps. Not at all convinced with playing Allen out wide but he did a job and we won.

Any news on McDermott and Rose falling completely out of the 16?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Today's win on 17:20 - Jan 30 with 5714 views1mark1

Great result, Up The Dale.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Today's win on 17:32 - Jan 30 with 5596 viewsD_Alien

Probably our most important result of the season, whatever happens from now on in. After last week, we needed to make a statement and we did. Hill needed to reassert his tactical nous and he did. He got the formation absolutely bang on, with five in midfield and this gave us the upper hand against a Burton outfit possibly a bit tired after a game in midweek.

Leaving Hendo up front, ably supported by Syers & Camps from midfield gave us a threat and that's where our goals came from. Hendo ran his socks off in the cause and deserved MoM, but no-one had less than a decent game.

Their goal made it "interesting" for the last 15 minutes or so. It was just one of those things, and I wouldn't be too hard on Lillis. He hardly had anything else to do, so ably did our tactics nullify the top of the league. Really pleased for the lads and thought our support was decent too.

[Post edited 30 Jan 2016 17:36]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Today's win on 17:34 - Jan 30 with 5562 views1907

Lancashire and McNulty were awful. It's terrifying watching them attempting to deal with what should be straight forward phases of play. What irks me most about the pairing is how crap they both are in the air for big guys. Beavon is hardly a giant, yet he won nearly everything in the air today. The way they go into arieal tackles is cowardly at times. My final negative point is Lillis. Yet again at fault for the goal. The way he comes, stops, then fully decides he's coming is amateurish and this one moment of stupidity could have cost us dearly today. Keith, please get a goalkeeper in this week. It's such a strange situation because up until being dropped he wasn't really a problem, but recently he has become a massive problem.

Positives; hardworking, solid performance from all the important players. Lund had a blinder, Camps put in a good shift and scored a fantastic goal. Vincenti was strong in the air and good with the ball at his feet too. Thought Seyers had a really good game and it was impressive watching the link up play with him and Henderson who never stopped running from the off. Didn't really understand the Allen positioning but we won so hey ho.

I've come away really happy with the result, just a little frustrated that yet again childlike defending ALMOST cost us what should have been a comfortable win.
Today's win on 17:40 - Jan 30 with 5485 viewsShun

Really good performance. I thought everybody played well bar the two centre backs and Lillis.

The Burton player who scored their offside goal should feel a bit silly. If he hadn't put it in it would've gone in anyway and they would've had a draw.
Today's win on 17:49 - Jan 30 with 5382 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Not sure it would have gone in Shun......anyway,the big blonde lady did us proud!
Today's win on 18:02 - Jan 30 with 5253 viewsaleanddale

Fantastic important win.

Burton might have been a touch leggy after a tough Tuesday night but we never let them settle
From first whistle to last!

Up the Dale... The league 1 table looks a lot better tonight!
Today's win on 18:04 - Jan 30 with 5231 viewsfitzochris

Great result. Just need to play table toppers every week and we're sorted.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Today's win on 18:27 - Jan 30 with 5069 viewsrochdale1987

Brilliant win all round, our centre half pairing still look very suspect though, I just hope we can find some consistency now and get a result at Crewe. Hills team selection today was very good, and I think starting the game without Calvin helped us get it along the floor and go at burton quickly. A great day!

Up the Dale!
Login to get fewer ads

Today's win on 18:35 - Jan 30 with 4992 viewsBeckWMG

Great performance today typified by a superb display from Lund. I lost count of the times he won the ball back from the opposition in midfield. We've been missing a performance like that for a while.

Thought both full backs played well.

But plaudits to Lind today. Back to his best.

Special mention for the ref. By far the best we've had at Spotland this season. Let the players get stuck in.
Today's win on 18:39 - Jan 30 with 4967 viewssandy_dale

Quoting Keith from sky sports match report "the players responded to speculation about my future and speculation about a crisis at the club"

Since when?
Today's win on 18:44 - Jan 30 with 4910 views1907

Today's win on 18:39 - Jan 30 by sandy_dale

Quoting Keith from sky sports match report "the players responded to speculation about my future and speculation about a crisis at the club"

Since when?

Actually found myself agreeing with Hill and felt humbled by his comments pre match yesterday. He's come out after the game today, as egotistical as ever talking absolute shite and has tarnished a great win. I really wish I could understand the thought process behind this man.
Today's win on 18:47 - Jan 30 with 4887 viewsTVOS1907

Today's win on 18:39 - Jan 30 by sandy_dale

Since when?

Sounds like he's been reading too many of Parkin's Gimp's threads and tweets by that angry man last Saturday night.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Today's win on 18:51 - Jan 30 with 4852 viewsdalenumber2

Today's win on 18:44 - Jan 30 by 1907

Actually found myself agreeing with Hill and felt humbled by his comments pre match yesterday. He's come out after the game today, as egotistical as ever talking absolute shite and has tarnished a great win. I really wish I could understand the thought process behind this man.

That's why I never listen to his interviews. They usually really annoy me. Never misses the chance to have a dig.
Today's win on 18:52 - Jan 30 with 4835 viewsjoecooke

Great win today and a very important win to boot.A loss and a relegation battle would be looming large.Not safe yet but feel better after that result.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Today's win on 18:57 - Jan 30 with 4783 viewspioneer

thought process is 'how can I turn this into more attention for me'

I must have been sleeping all week since I didnt see any speculation about his future or a crisis at the club. What the hell has he been smoking? Maybe he was dreaming his beloved Man U were considering him as Van gaal's replacement.

the only speculation is what will the next bunch of crap to come out of his mouth be.
Today's win on 19:01 - Jan 30 with 4742 views1mark1

Today's win on 18:57 - Jan 30 by pioneer

thought process is 'how can I turn this into more attention for me'

I must have been sleeping all week since I didnt see any speculation about his future or a crisis at the club. What the hell has he been smoking? Maybe he was dreaming his beloved Man U were considering him as Van gaal's replacement.

the only speculation is what will the next bunch of crap to come out of his mouth be.

Well said re being no speculation about his job or crises at the club.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2016 19:55]

Today's win on 19:06 - Jan 30 with 4691 viewsSuddenLad

Tarnished ? In what way does it take the gloss of a fine win ?. If you don't like his comments, probably best not to listen.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Today's win on 19:07 - Jan 30 with 4673 viewsdeeplishblue

Today's win on 19:01 - Jan 30 by 1mark1

Well said re being no speculation about his job or crises at the club.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2016 19:55]

Usual posters finding negatives where there are none. So Hill is a bit of an egotist - so what. Nigel's dad was an big head and he did alright. Hill is our Clough , you should be more appreciative.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Today's win on 19:13 - Jan 30 with 4618 viewsjimmysbaldhead

Today's win on 19:07 - Jan 30 by deeplishblue

Usual posters finding negatives where there are none. So Hill is a bit of an egotist - so what. Nigel's dad was an big head and he did alright. Hill is our Clough , you should be more appreciative.

Absolutely. He also mentioned how he wants to make us a Championship team. very positive for me.
Today's win on 19:26 - Jan 30 with 4535 viewsHealeyDale

Enjoyed today's win - Camps' goal reminded me of the one he scored against Blackburn in the friendly.

Glad to see Rafferty back - thought he had a good game, but I must admit that the other three defenders all have me very nervous at times. I think Eastham should be given a chance again and Tanser should be brought back in. I also thought the new guy looked good and fitted in well.

Up the Dale!
Today's win on 19:28 - Jan 30 with 4506 viewsD_Alien

Today's win on 19:26 - Jan 30 by HealeyDale

Enjoyed today's win - Camps' goal reminded me of the one he scored against Blackburn in the friendly.

Glad to see Rafferty back - thought he had a good game, but I must admit that the other three defenders all have me very nervous at times. I think Eastham should be given a chance again and Tanser should be brought back in. I also thought the new guy looked good and fitted in well.

Up the Dale!

Syers made a difference today, has a touch of class about him, but he's nowhere near match fit yet. When he is, he'll be a real force in midfield.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Today's win on 19:53 - Jan 30 with 4365 views1mark1

Today's win on 19:07 - Jan 30 by deeplishblue

In what way has there been any talk of a threat to his future at this club or indeed crisis at this club, for him to say that? He has imagined that , unless he is thinking he is in his best mate's position at bury.

I have no problem him being a big head, just making out there are things wrong when there is not. There IS NO threat to his employment, and there is NO crisis at Dale. And yes I appreciate the good he has done, for which he has quite rightly been awarded for.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2016 19:57]

Today's win on 19:54 - Jan 30 with 4356 viewsmidlandsdale

Does Hill's reference to maverick players mean less of a role for McDermot? Seems so given he was clearly dropped today!
Today's win on 19:56 - Jan 30 with 4337 views1907

Today's win on 19:06 - Jan 30 by SuddenLad

Tarnished ? In what way does it take the gloss of a fine win ?. If you don't like his comments, probably best not to listen.

It tarnishes it because it is completely unnecessary and takes the light away from what is a fantastic result and aims it on squarely on Hill? Senseless and needless. If you can't see that then you need to remove your head from Hill's rectal passage. I'm no Hill critic at all but the guy is not immune from criticism.
Today's win on 19:57 - Jan 30 with 4328 viewsDaley_Lama

Aside from their goal, our defence coped exceedingly well with what Burton had to throw at us and I can only remember a couple of saves and last ditch blocks from defenders.

Man of the match for me would have come from this area, yet still criticism of the two CH's from some quarters, I really do wonder if we all watch the same game.

At 2-0 we had a few breaks which reminded me of last week, only we didn't do a Barnsley and clinically but the opposition to the sword. A sandy pitch didn't help as the final pass didn't quite make it.

Defending from the front, Peter V and Hendo running that extra mile.

One last mention for their captain. A giggy gagga goo-goo.

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024