Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) 19:37 - Mar 3 with 12594 viewsHayesender

I see Hollywood have decided to ruin yet another classic from my childhood by pc-ing it up.

This looks frigging awful

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 13:48 - Mar 4 with 2010 viewsBluce_Ree

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 12:09 - Mar 4 by PunteR

I re watched Point Break, it's not as good as remember it.
Beverly Hills Cop needs another viewing.

BHC stands up really well even now. The buddy cop genre (admittedly BHC isn't quite that) has never really been topped since the '80s. Lethal Weapon and Tango and Cash are still unf*ckwittable.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 13:50 - Mar 4 with 2010 viewsJuzzie

A bunch of people at work (mainly early 20's to early/mid 30's) went on a Secret Cinema trip a few days ago. All they knew was they had to dress up in army uniforms, no idea what the film was.

They came in the next morning raving about it......"Dr Strangelove" was the film shown. The reaction was more than when they saw the new Star Wars.

Melissa McCarthy is getting done to death now. Funny at first but becoming a female James Cordon.

[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 13:57]
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 13:58 - Mar 4 with 1988 viewsjamois

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 13:48 - Mar 4 by Bluce_Ree

BHC stands up really well even now. The buddy cop genre (admittedly BHC isn't quite that) has never really been topped since the '80s. Lethal Weapon and Tango and Cash are still unf*ckwittable.

48 hours

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 14:06 - Mar 4 with 1970 viewsvblockranger

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 13:50 - Mar 4 by Juzzie

A bunch of people at work (mainly early 20's to early/mid 30's) went on a Secret Cinema trip a few days ago. All they knew was they had to dress up in army uniforms, no idea what the film was.

They came in the next morning raving about it......"Dr Strangelove" was the film shown. The reaction was more than when they saw the new Star Wars.

Melissa McCarthy is getting done to death now. Funny at first but becoming a female James Cordon.

[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 13:57]

Secret Cinema is sposed to be the nuts. My kids just bought tickets to the 28 days later showing in April.....£65 each and dress as a zombie.
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 14:18 - Mar 4 with 1956 viewsrobith

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 14:06 - Mar 4 by vblockranger

Secret Cinema is sposed to be the nuts. My kids just bought tickets to the 28 days later showing in April.....£65 each and dress as a zombie.

It's not - they're rip off merchants who don't even pay their staff
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 14:35 - Mar 4 with 1934 viewsToast_R

Never really understood the point in dressing up to sit and watch a film in a dark cinema.
What's that all about?

£65? Wow, I thought I got stung at the Imax for Episode IV Re-awakens...
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 14:36]
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 14:43 - Mar 4 with 1927 views1MoreBrightonR

so many people i know rave about Secret Cinema but I'm just not up for paying that kind of cash!
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 14:49 - Mar 4 with 1916 viewsJuzzie

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 14:43 - Mar 4 by 1MoreBrightonR

so many people i know rave about Secret Cinema but I'm just not up for paying that kind of cash!

Everyone at work who went the other day loved it.

Like most things nowadays, it's priced for how much they can get out of your pocket, not what it's worth. Like football, as long as they're getting full houses then nothing will change.

I personally wouldn't pay £65, £25-30 max.
Login to get fewer ads

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 15:32 - Mar 4 with 1894 viewsJigsore

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 22:55 - Mar 3 by Northernr

Dreadful idea dreadfully executed. The movie industry is a fcking shower at the moment. Either remakes or superhero franchise or remakes of superhero franchises. Lots of movie producers, directors and talent getting involved in TV now - places like HBO and Netflix is where your quality content is.

Maybe we could re-do Schindler's List with Caitlyn Jenner in a prominent role?

This post has been edited by an administrator

the day it was reported they were remaking Memento 15 years after the original was when I realised the movie industry had lost its mind

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 15:55 - Mar 4 with 1874 viewsFredManRave

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 15:32 - Mar 4 by Jigsore

the day it was reported they were remaking Memento 15 years after the original was when I realised the movie industry had lost its mind

Bloody Hell, you can't remake Memento, it's unremakeable.

They'll be remaking Pulp Fiction next...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 15:57 - Mar 4 with 1870 viewsBluce_Ree

They are doing Big Trouble in Little China which is a perfect film.

c*nts.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 15:59 - Mar 4 with 1866 viewsFredManRave

Maybe a remake of Waterworld might actually be quite good?!

I've got the Power.

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 16:39 - Mar 4 with 1842 viewsthame_hoops

oh lordy.

Kirsten Wiig plays the same character in all her films.
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 16:51 - Mar 4 with 1834 viewsPunteR

Highlander should not be remade, rebooted or reimagined. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.
Classic 80's film.
I think Blade Runner has a sequel being lined up. .
and a new Alien film directed by Neill Blomkamp. Hopefully they'll get those films back on track. I have my doubts.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 16:52 - Mar 4 with 1828 viewsjamois

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 15:57 - Mar 4 by Bluce_Ree

c*nts.

BTILC is sacred, cannot, should not be allowed. Memento is in the same category. Shocking news. I'm wearing black all weekend.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 16:55 - Mar 4 with 1824 viewsPunteR

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 16:39 - Mar 4 by thame_hoops

oh lordy.

Kirsten Wiig plays the same character in all her films.

She was terrible in The Martian. I didn't like the film much either.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 17:07 - Mar 4 with 1813 viewsballbag

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 15:57 - Mar 4 by Bluce_Ree

c*nts.

Fcking this.
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 02:54 - Mar 5 with 1718 viewsisawqpratwcity

Jeez, from the OP on, why are you all getting upset over mostly kids' films?

A lot of the mentioned are successfully well-made, granted, but they are aimed squarely at an adolescent mentality.

What's next: 'OMG! They've ruined the "Beano"!'?

(That's a strange word, isn't it: 'Beano'.
From Wiktionary: 'A beanfeast; Any noisy celebration, a party. Or, (figuratively) any home-made gas or indigestion remedy'. And for Beanfeast: '(chiefly Britain) A dinner party given to the employees of a firm. Or any similar social occasion.' I detect a whiff of noblesse oblige toward the Great Unwashed there.)

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 05:47 - Mar 5 with 1713 viewsFredManRave

Beano Out.

I've got the Power.

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 06:52 - Mar 5 with 1704 viewsToast_R

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 05:47 - Mar 5 by FredManRave

Beano Out.

Genuinely, if they changed Dennis The Menace's outfit, there would be a melt down on here and if his hoops didn't go all the way round, I'd be having my tuppence worth. C*nts
[Post edited 5 Mar 2016 6:56]
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 09:30 - Mar 5 with 1669 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:32 - Mar 4 by TheBlob

They'd better not do a remake of They Live,the greatest movie of all time.

With Sue Perkins in the lead role.

I was intrigued by the mention of "They Live", so I watched it this arvo on YouTube (you can get the whole film).

It was bloody awful! Badly written, acted and directed; I couldn't wait for it to finish. The only thing that had me guessing was that woman who worked at the TV station, Holly, I was sure she was a bloke in drag! I was waiting for the plot twist when she rips off her wig (or worse, her pants) and yells "Surprise!" But it didn't happen.

It wasn't all bad. I'd like to read the source short story "Eight o'Clock in the Morning" by Ray Nelson as I really like the premise that we are constantly bombarded with subliminal messages to "Sleep", "Conform", "Consume", etc. That's very Gurdjieff. Also I love a good paranoid sci-fi 'they-live-amongst-us' thriller. "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" (both 1956 & 1978) are meat and potatoes to me.

Another nice bit lifted from IMDb:

"Writer-director John Carpenter has said of this movie that it was a critique of Reaganomics, a "vehicle to take on Reaganism"."

Good stuff.

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 09:45 - Mar 5 with 1660 viewsTheBlob

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 09:30 - Mar 5 by isawqpratwcity

I was intrigued by the mention of "They Live", so I watched it this arvo on YouTube (you can get the whole film).

It was bloody awful! Badly written, acted and directed; I couldn't wait for it to finish. The only thing that had me guessing was that woman who worked at the TV station, Holly, I was sure she was a bloke in drag! I was waiting for the plot twist when she rips off her wig (or worse, her pants) and yells "Surprise!" But it didn't happen.

It wasn't all bad. I'd like to read the source short story "Eight o'Clock in the Morning" by Ray Nelson as I really like the premise that we are constantly bombarded with subliminal messages to "Sleep", "Conform", "Consume", etc. That's very Gurdjieff. Also I love a good paranoid sci-fi 'they-live-amongst-us' thriller. "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" (both 1956 & 1978) are meat and potatoes to me.

Another nice bit lifted from IMDb:

"Writer-director John Carpenter has said of this movie that it was a critique of Reaganomics, a "vehicle to take on Reaganism"."

Good stuff.

I loved it.
So there.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 09:58 - Mar 5 with 1654 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 09:45 - Mar 5 by TheBlob

I loved it.
So there.

Ner-ner-nee-ner-ner!

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 10:27 - Mar 5 with 1647 viewsTheBlob

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 09:58 - Mar 5 by isawqpratwcity

Ner-ner-nee-ner-ner!

Well I think entertainment and thought provocation aren't necessarily predicated by Eisenstein or Welles.I enjoy conceptual art and it's a prime example of good science fiction.The devil is in the detail.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2016 10:28]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:40 - Mar 5 with 1625 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 10:27 - Mar 5 by TheBlob

Well I think entertainment and thought provocation aren't necessarily predicated by Eisenstein or Welles.I enjoy conceptual art and it's a prime example of good science fiction.The devil is in the detail.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2016 10:28]

On that we can agree.

I think John Carpenter didn't do the story justice. Mind control and aliens-hidden-in-plain-sight are two of my favourite sci-fi themes.

And no, I do NOT suffer from paranoia (much).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024