Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Henderson. 22:30 - Mar 19 with 9596 viewsBingoballs

I can not understand why some fans clap a player who has just been sent off, not only has he let the fans down he's let his team mates down, I'm pretty sure they weren't slapping him on the back when they walked into the dressing room at half time, he owes the team for our excellent 2nd half performance.
Henderson. on 23:34 - Mar 19 with 6314 viewsdingdangblue

Didn't he score our 1st goal? Without that we'd have drawn.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Henderson. on 08:02 - Mar 20 with 6140 viewsDaleaholic

Something I'll never understand either.

A needless challenge when he'd already been booked. Stupid and could have cost us.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Henderson. on 08:17 - Mar 20 with 6107 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson. on 08:02 - Mar 20 by Daleaholic

A needless challenge when he'd already been booked. Stupid and could have cost us.

He made a mistake and it's been coming for a while now, i am assuming the management team will have brought it to his attention well before yesterday's game. Having said that Henderson portrays himself as an intelligent guy and I will imagine he will be feeling a bit daft today.

We can excuse him though because h'e been a star since he came to the Club, hopefully he will learn from yesterday and continue the form he's shown for the majority of this season. Learn and move on.
Henderson. on 09:56 - Mar 20 with 5926 viewsdingdangblue

Henderson. on 08:02 - Mar 20 by Daleaholic

Who knows? We might not have won had he stayed on? Maybe Oldham lost concentration thinking they'd won it with 11 v 10 ? Its done now anyway - he'll miss the Southend game.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Henderson. on 10:01 - Mar 20 with 5910 viewsColDale

At leas t the second booking didn't come via the red mist coming down. Might sound ridiculous talking about different types of sending off, but it was a poorly judged but genuine attempt to win the ball rather than having been dragged into a petulant battle with an opposing player.
Henderson. on 10:12 - Mar 20 with 5874 views_dezzy

People clap the team off even if they have lost, The people clapping must of thought he had played alright up to the red card

KHBA

Henderson. on 10:16 - Mar 20 with 5857 viewsRotherhamDale

Henderson. on 10:01 - Mar 20 by ColDale

At leas t the second booking didn't come via the red mist coming down. Might sound ridiculous talking about different types of sending off, but it was a poorly judged but genuine attempt to win the ball rather than having been dragged into a petulant battle with an opposing player.

Not sure I agree with you there. He's arrived late, from behind and he's wrapping his leg around Main to trip him.

Maybe it's a 'forwards tackle'

Possession with progression.

Henderson. on 10:21 - Mar 20 with 5834 viewsdingdangblue

Henderson. on 10:16 - Mar 20 by RotherhamDale

Not sure I agree with you there. He's arrived late, from behind and he's wrapping his leg around Main to trip him.

Maybe it's a 'forwards tackle'

Cant agree with that. It was a poor tackle (in that he didn't get the ball) - there was nothing malicious at all - he didn't intend to kick Main.

Login to get fewer ads

Henderson. on 10:26 - Mar 20 with 5798 viewsRotherhamDale

Henderson. on 10:21 - Mar 20 by dingdangblue

Cant agree with that. It was a poor tackle (in that he didn't get the ball) - there was nothing malicious at all - he didn't intend to kick Main.

Either way, I'm not sure why he's even making the challenge on a yellow card. Strange one. Hes lucky that his aggression doesn't cost us more than it does.

Possession with progression.

Henderson. on 10:27 - Mar 20 with 5790 viewsonedalefan

Henderson. on 10:21 - Mar 20 by dingdangblue

He has that sneaky streak in him, often had a little dig at the opposition. He wasn't going to let him get away even if he didn't get the ball. Daft when already on a card.
Henderson. on 10:27 - Mar 20 with 5788 viewsdingdangblue

Henderson. on 10:26 - Mar 20 by RotherhamDale

Either way, I'm not sure why he's even making the challenge on a yellow card. Strange one. Hes lucky that his aggression doesn't cost us more than it does.

Yes - daft - if I was him in that situation I wouldn't make a tackle for the rest of the game.

Henderson. on 10:48 - Mar 20 with 5722 viewsdeeplishblue

Perhaps he has plans together away for a few days at Easter.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Henderson. on 12:18 - Mar 20 with 5604 viewsohwhenthedale

you don't make "forwards tackles" 20 yards into your own half when on a yellow card when the ref has just given a penalty stupid decision by hendo hopwfully he will learn as its been coming last few weeks.
Henderson. on 14:10 - Mar 20 with 5480 viewsolympicdale

I think with Hendo we need to take the rough with the smooth, he just sees the red mist when things aren't going his way and can't seem to control it.

Life is a game of fate.

Henderson. on 14:48 - Mar 20 with 5432 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson. on 14:10 - Mar 20 by olympicdale

I think with Hendo we need to take the rough with the smooth, he just sees the red mist when things aren't going his way and can't seem to control it.

What wasn't going his way when he made such a rash tackle yesterday?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Henderson. on 14:50 - Mar 20 with 5427 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson. on 14:10 - Mar 20 by olympicdale

Yesterday's cards reminded me very much of his dismissal at Gigg lane a couple of years ago, another local derby when keeping eleven players on the pitch is vital. That was a bloody daft challenge also in a neutral part of the pitch. A bit embarrassing really and like others have said, petulant.

If you could have money on who would see red yesterday Henderson would have been nailed on. Oldham knew what to expect, they wound him up last season and he jumped on the hook. He should be smarter than that.
Henderson. on 14:53 - Mar 20 with 5405 viewsD_Alien

Hendo was relieved of the captaincy at the start of this campaign, but injury and a temporary shortfall in confidence by Jamie Allen saw it returned to him.

IMO and despite being a brilliant player on his day, he's not fit to be captain. I hope Hilly makes the same decision at the end of this season and relieves him of the captaincy again.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Henderson. on 15:00 - Mar 20 with 5373 viewsrobbowood

Henderson. on 14:53 - Mar 20 by D_Alien

Hendo was relieved of the captaincy at the start of this campaign, but injury and a temporary shortfall in confidence by Jamie Allen saw it returned to him.

IMO and despite being a brilliant player on his day, he's not fit to be captain. I hope Hilly makes the same decision at the end of this season and relieves him of the captaincy again.

I doubt if it will be Jamie again as his form seemed to suffer after he became captain

So maybe Lillis or McNulty whilst Hendo serves his ban ?

Not many other players come to mind
Henderson. on 15:22 - Mar 20 with 5332 viewsRosun

Henderson. on 15:00 - Mar 20 by robbowood

I doubt if it will be Jamie again as his form seemed to suffer after he became captain

So maybe Lillis or McNulty whilst Hendo serves his ban ?

Not many other players come to mind

Raff perhaps?
Old head on young shoulders.
Henderson. on 15:26 - Mar 20 with 5319 views442Dale

I'd give it Rose right now. Deserves it for the way he's playing and leading by example.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Henderson. on 15:32 - Mar 20 with 5294 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Henderson. on 15:22 - Mar 20 by Rosun

Raff perhaps?
Old head on young shoulders.

Good call on Raff.......seems much more mature these days.
Yesterday's yellow was his first since Feb 6th against Crewe.

Bit of an unsung hero.
Henderson. on 15:35 - Mar 20 with 5286 views49thseason

I actually think Henderson is a better player when he is a bit "wound up" either because the game is a bit more important than usual or because he is getting a bit of "treatment" from the opposition. If you try to coach it out of him I suspect he will become a bit ordinary when what we need is extraordinary.
Henderson. on 15:37 - Mar 20 with 5280 viewsrobbowood

Henderson. on 15:26 - Mar 20 by 442Dale

I'd give it Rose right now. Deserves it for the way he's playing and leading by example.

Can't argue with that - I'd be more than happy if it was Rose
Henderson. on 16:10 - Mar 20 with 5208 viewsdalenumber2

Before yesterday, when was Henderson last sent off - does anyone know?
Henderson. on 16:12 - Mar 20 with 5203 viewsaleanddale

Henderson. on 15:35 - Mar 20 by 49thseason

I actually think Henderson is a better player when he is a bit "wound up" either because the game is a bit more important than usual or because he is getting a bit of "treatment" from the opposition. If you try to coach it out of him I suspect he will become a bit ordinary when what we need is extraordinary.

Agree with that 49th.

All the best players have a streak in them.

Hendo walks the line but thats what elevates his performances.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024