Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOM 17:46 - Apr 2 with 11603 viewsRibbleblue

Donal McDermott? What do you think? Bit greedy with the ball at times?
MOM on 17:52 - Apr 2 with 11565 viewsD_Alien

Players like Donal will always overdo it at times, and he lasted the full 96 !! after putting in a wholehearted shift including a number of lung-bursting runs to close the opposition down.

I wouldn't disagree about his MoM from the sponsors, but I'd say Canavan matched him. He's rapidly becoming the rock at the centre of our defence and he can play the ball out nicely too. For wiping the smugness off Fergie's face, my MoM

[Post edited 2 Apr 2016 17:53]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

MOM on 18:08 - Apr 2 with 11480 viewssomething_dale

Bit greedy at times and definitely not what I'd consider a good performance from him but he was always willing to try and make something happen which was more than everyone else. Can't blame him too much for the greediness because no one else could play a pass today.

Some clueless ones in the mainstand were calling for him to be subbed. Moment of magic to go past a couple of players and set up the goal shut them up.
MOM on 18:12 - Apr 2 with 11458 viewsbatfink

My Motm has to be Lillis, kept us in it today
MOM on 18:29 - Apr 2 with 11365 viewsroccydaleian

Lillis for me as well.
MOM on 18:30 - Apr 2 with 11356 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Not his best show today but Donaldo did TRY!

He is good to watch and now and then shows some proper magic

How many times does he pull his socks up??
MOM on 19:46 - Apr 2 with 11186 viewsdingdangblue

Lillis again by a mile. If it wasn't for him Donny could have scored 5. For all our early pressure we didn't really force their keeper to save . Missed Hendo's runs today - their defence enjoyed a battle with Holty.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

MOM on 20:23 - Apr 2 with 11093 viewsJimmyRustler

MOM on 19:46 - Apr 2 by dingdangblue

Lillis again by a mile. If it wasn't for him Donny could have scored 5. For all our early pressure we didn't really force their keeper to save . Missed Hendo's runs today - their defence enjoyed a battle with Holty.

I'm not sure I'd call it a battle. More like a wrestling match in my eyes.

The amount of times that Holt was fouled was astounding. The amount of times it went unpunished even more so!
MOM on 20:29 - Apr 2 with 11063 viewsdalenumber2

The amount of times one of our players got floored and the ref gave the decision to Doncaster was notable. Strange decisions made today by an inconsistent referee IMO.
Login to get fewer ads

MOM on 20:36 - Apr 2 with 11033 viewsrkershaw

MOM on 20:29 - Apr 2 by dalenumber2

The amount of times one of our players got floored and the ref gave the decision to Doncaster was notable. Strange decisions made today by an inconsistent referee IMO.

Raff for me.......Mr Consistency of late...... probably most improved player this season??
MOM on 21:25 - Apr 2 with 10917 viewsdingdangblue

MOM on 17:52 - Apr 2 by D_Alien

Players like Donal will always overdo it at times, and he lasted the full 96 !! after putting in a wholehearted shift including a number of lung-bursting runs to close the opposition down.

I wouldn't disagree about his MoM from the sponsors, but I'd say Canavan matched him. He's rapidly becoming the rock at the centre of our defence and he can play the ball out nicely too. For wiping the smugness off Fergie's face, my MoM

[Post edited 2 Apr 2016 17:53]

And Donal's superb run and cross set up the Canavan goal. Great he can now do that in the 96th min.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

MOM on 21:41 - Apr 2 with 10875 viewsPaulHeymanGuy

MOM on 20:36 - Apr 2 by rkershaw

Raff for me.......Mr Consistency of late...... probably most improved player this season??

I'm sorry but I think we watched different games today. Lack of quality and nearly gave a goal away on the first half with some bewildering messing about on the ball
MOM on 22:02 - Apr 2 with 10820 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Can you put that into a song for us ?
MOM on 23:36 - Apr 2 with 10687 viewsdalestats

MOM on 18:29 - Apr 2 by roccydaleian

Lillis for me as well.

Great saves use but he didn’t deserve motm as he didn’t react quick enough for either Doncaster goal.

Poll: Remain in the eu

MOM on 23:52 - Apr 2 with 10653 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Never!..........Admit he has been great of late but today he was given a bit of a run around by the boy Calder.

No, not Raff's best game at all
MOM on 23:54 - Apr 2 with 10645 viewsrochedale

Donal excellent again. He needs to be allowed to express himself and take players on. He has the habit of being able to find a yard, when in no-mans land, and escape what looks like a dead-end, many times. Got a good one there... next big sale IMO.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

MOM on 23:58 - Apr 2 with 10636 viewsYorkshire_Dale

MOM on 23:54 - Apr 2 by rochedale

Donal excellent again. He needs to be allowed to express himself and take players on. He has the habit of being able to find a yard, when in no-mans land, and escape what looks like a dead-end, many times. Got a good one there... next big sale IMO.

Agree..........Donal's only problem is final ball /cross/shot/pass.......does all the hard work and then does n't produce.
MOM on 00:01 - Apr 3 with 10627 viewsrochedale

MOM on 23:58 - Apr 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

Agree..........Donal's only problem is final ball /cross/shot/pass.......does all the hard work and then does n't produce.

Yes, that left foot into the box/edge of box, often didn't find it's target today, not his biggest strength delivering long balls I don't think. Get him on the ball, 15 yards outside the box and he causes trouble.

MOM on 00:04 - Apr 3 with 10612 viewsrochedale

No mention of Holt today, did he touch the ball? I joke, obviously, but the game did seem to pass him by. More wide play then direct to him, not used at all wisely I thought...
[Post edited 3 Apr 2016 0:05]

MOM on 00:23 - Apr 3 with 10572 viewsBingoballs

MOM on 23:52 - Apr 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

Never!..........Admit he has been great of late but today he was given a bit of a run around by the boy Calder.

No, not Raff's best game at all

I agree.
MOM on 00:34 - Apr 3 with 10557 viewsroccydaleian

MOM on 22:02 - Apr 2 by DannyG_RAFC

Can you put that into a song for us ?

He's Raff, he's Raff,
he runs about the gaff,
he's coming on great at an alarming rate,
'cause under Coleman he was a little bit naff.

Boom,boom! I'll get me coat
MOM on 00:39 - Apr 3 with 10546 viewsBingoballs

MOM on 00:34 - Apr 3 by roccydaleian

He's Raff, he's Raff,
he runs about the gaff,
he's coming on great at an alarming rate,
'cause under Coleman he was a little bit naff.

Boom,boom! I'll get me coat

Get your coat, get in your car and drive.
MOM on 06:01 - Apr 3 with 10471 viewsTalkingSutty

MOM on 21:41 - Apr 2 by PaulHeymanGuy

I'm sorry but I think we watched different games today. Lack of quality and nearly gave a goal away on the first half with some bewildering messing about on the ball

Agree,he's been brilliant Raff lately but today he seemed to want too much time on the ball and consequently he was caught In possession or his passes were blocked. Taking the extra touch is his downfall at times instead of just clearing his lines. Skinned a couple of times in the second half also when Donny got behind us. Not his best game by a long chalk. Doncaster seemed to target his side of the pitch.
MOM on 08:35 - Apr 3 with 10420 views1907

I'd say our defence as a whole was the poorest it's been for quite some time yesterday. Doncaster came and played open attacking football with two strikers hanging on the last man and we couldn't really live with it. I thought McDermott was awful but then he goes and hangs a ball into the box like that in the 96th minute and we grab an equaliser. That's the thing with players like him,they can do nothing right for 90 mins, then go and produce one real moment of quality. We were very lucky to be ahead at half time and were immediately under the cosh again early in the second half. Substitutions SHOULD have been made, however they weren't and soon after we were 1-2 behind. It was a poorly managed game by the players and the management, and a very frustrating watch. No player springs to mind as having a particularly good game apart from Lillis who made two brilliant saves in the first half as well as coming off his line and picking a few crosses out of the air. On a positive note I would add that this is the exact type of game that we would have comfortably lost three months ago. I just really hope we don't look back on this as being "that game" that cost us!
MOM on 08:37 - Apr 3 with 10415 viewsalex_roch39

Donal's first half performance warranted the MOM award. Very difficult to pick anyone based on the whole 90 minutes, as the second half was poor.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024