Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Olympics 16:12 - Jul 20 with 52458 viewsDr_Winston

Can't wait. 2012 was awesome and I'm hoping for more of the same.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Olympics on 20:49 - Aug 12 with 1436 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Olympics on 20:47 - Aug 12 by londonlisa2001

Requiring money isn't quite the same thing!!

Although I think that some of them don't own their horses but are just talented riders. I assume they start out doing 3 day eventing and are just good at the dressage bit.

Quite a few Olympic sports aren't the sort of thing we used to do in school to be honest :-)

I used to do laps of the Penlan School dining hall in 9.7 seconds on my Grifter.

Poll: Tory leader

The Olympics on 20:49 - Aug 12 with 1436 viewsJackfath

The Olympics on 20:47 - Aug 12 by londonlisa2001

Requiring money isn't quite the same thing!!

Although I think that some of them don't own their horses but are just talented riders. I assume they start out doing 3 day eventing and are just good at the dressage bit.

Quite a few Olympic sports aren't the sort of thing we used to do in school to be honest :-)

Which other events are close to dressage as being unaccessable for 99% of the GB population?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Olympics on 20:50 - Aug 12 with 1435 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Olympics on 20:49 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

Which other events are close to dressage as being unaccessable for 99% of the GB population?

Inaccessible.

The Olympics on 20:51 - Aug 12 with 1434 viewsJackfath

The Olympics on 20:50 - Aug 12 by exiledclaseboy

Inaccessible.

Correct!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

The Olympics on 20:58 - Aug 12 with 1425 viewslondonlisa2001

The Olympics on 20:49 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

Well I knew loads more people in and around Swansea that did horse riding than did rowing for starters unless you count the rowing boats on Singleton Lake.
The Olympics on 21:03 - Aug 12 with 1416 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Olympics on 20:58 - Aug 12 by londonlisa2001

Well I knew loads more people in and around Swansea that did horse riding than did rowing for starters unless you count the rowing boats on Singleton Lake.

Forcing a miserable wild horse up and down Longview Road or Woodford Road doesn't count.

The Olympics on 21:03 - Aug 12 with 1414 viewsJackfath

The River Tawe is now full of rowing boats every weekend courtesy of the Uni. They do sessions for the general public too. Many kids go to the gym too and there they use static rowers which could be a gateway for the real thing for some.

The Olympics on 21:07 - Aug 12 with 1406 viewslondonlisa2001

The Olympics on 21:03 - Aug 12 by exiledclaseboy

Forcing a miserable wild horse up and down Longview Road or Woodford Road doesn't count.

Ha ! I was thinking the kids who went riding in Gower rather than Morriston !

I've just been sitting here thinking that I'm not sure where they do rowing in Swansea. They must do somewhere I suppose, but can't think of where there's somewhere to train.
Login to get fewer ads

The Olympics on 21:14 - Aug 12 with 1390 viewsmax936

The Olympics on 21:03 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

The River Tawe is now full of rowing boats every weekend courtesy of the Uni. They do sessions for the general public too. Many kids go to the gym too and there they use static rowers which could be a gateway for the real thing for some.

I've got a static rower, its indorsed by Roger Black its very good, the concept models are the bees knees though, most of the gyms use those.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Olympics on 21:15 - Aug 12 with 1389 viewsSwansNZ

The Olympics on 17:48 - Aug 12 by Dr_Winston

Yup. GB qualified a couple of seconds ahead of the rest so hopefully there will be something there. Also medals up for grabs in the horse dancing I think.

Think they were 3 or 4 seconds ahead of NZ, so the semi-final should be a formality. Up very soon

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Olympics on 21:18 - Aug 12 with 1377 viewsdickythorpe

They do rowing on the tawe around the sainsburys cafe area. I've seen many pop in looking knackered after a tough workout on the water. I think it's mainly the university students.
The Olympics on 21:20 - Aug 12 with 1368 viewsdickythorpe

The Olympics on 21:14 - Aug 12 by max936

I've got a static rower, its indorsed by Roger Black its very good, the concept models are the bees knees though, most of the gyms use those.

That's a very out of context endorsement (don't thank me for the spelling) max!!

Black was a runner. It's like harry hill Endorsing hair gel!!!!
The Olympics on 21:22 - Aug 12 with 1363 viewsJackfath

The Olympics on 21:20 - Aug 12 by dickythorpe

That's a very out of context endorsement (don't thank me for the spelling) max!!

The Olympics on 21:22 - Aug 12 with 1363 viewslondonlisa2001

The Olympics on 21:18 - Aug 12 by dickythorpe

They do rowing on the tawe around the sainsburys cafe area. I've seen many pop in looking knackered after a tough workout on the water. I think it's mainly the university students.

Yes - Fathy just said they do it at the university.

Out of interest I just had a look at the dressage riders - their biographies are on the Britsih Equiestrian site. They're mostly pretty ordinary - albeit country kids rather than city kids, which is what you'd expect. Started at riding schools or pony clubs.
The Olympics on 21:25 - Aug 12 with 1356 viewsdickythorpe

I heard it's good for bad backs!
The Olympics on 21:25 - Aug 12 with 1353 viewssherpajacob

On many occassions when leaving Cinderellas I was tempted to "borrow" a rowing boat to get across to the kingsway tandoori.

Never did and always settled for the kebab van.

Who knows I could have rivalled Steven Redgrave if I'd carried it through.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Olympics on 21:26 - Aug 12 with 1349 viewsexiledclaseboy

UK breaks the world record in the four people riding lots of times around the track semi final race.

The Olympics on 21:26 - Aug 12 with 1349 viewsSwansNZ

The Olympics on 21:15 - Aug 12 by SwansNZ

Think they were 3 or 4 seconds ahead of NZ, so the semi-final should be a formality. Up very soon

WR for GB

The Olympics on 21:27 - Aug 12 with 1341 viewsSwansNZ

The Olympics on 21:26 - Aug 12 by exiledclaseboy

UK breaks the world record in the four people riding lots of times around the track semi final race.

Except one drops off 'coz he can't keep up with the pace

The Olympics on 21:30 - Aug 12 with 1333 viewsmax936

You're a bit of a devil you Dicky, he endorses lots of fitness equipment mun, now stop it before JF falls off his chair laughing behave ewself man

GB pursuit team were fantastic then smashed the world record again, surely another gold on its way.

The Olympics on 21:34 - Aug 12 with 1309 viewsmax936

Here you go order one up, great for back troubles as well

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5278112.htm?CMPID=BPLA01&_$ja=t

The Olympics on 21:39 - Aug 12 with 1293 viewsdickythorpe

Max, is roger black on skid row? An "air" rowing machine!!! Air is free. I can't see punters parting with their hard earned for something that's infinite and all around us.

Have you trading standards's number? And a good counsellor for Black?
The Olympics on 21:48 - Aug 12 with 1276 viewsJackfath

The Olympics on 21:34 - Aug 12 by max936

Here you go order one up, great for back troubles as well

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5278112.htm?CMPID=BPLA01&_$ja=t

Maximum user weight 120kg (18st 13lb)
It suits people between 1.5m and 1.8m tall.

The Olympics on 21:51 - Aug 12 with 1270 viewsdickythorpe

The Olympics on 21:48 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

Black was off his tits ENdorsing this fat dwarf machine!!!!
The Olympics on 21:55 - Aug 12 with 1263 viewsmax936

The Olympics on 21:48 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

You'll need a bigger one JF

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024