Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread 10:58 - Sep 14 with 4614 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Houloumi....

I'm a big fan.
The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 18:35 - Sep 14 with 1601 viewsBoston

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 11:34 - Sep 14 by DannytheR

Has anyone ever tried a grout pen? The tiles in the kitchen above the sink are looking pretty rank, and I'm considering a grout pen as a cheap and easy solution.

No, they are generally poor quality. If your problem is mold or
mildew, give it good clean with grout specific cleaner or bleach and use a tile grout cleaner(little sort of brush thingy). Otherwise paint the whole wall.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 18:48 - Sep 14 with 1590 viewsFredManRave

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 18:35 - Sep 14 by Boston

mildew, give it good clean with grout specific cleaner or bleach and use a tile grout cleaner(little sort of brush thingy). Otherwise paint the whole wall.

Interesting cos I recently (unwisely) decided to use this mother f;

It might make you feel like Action Man but it really does do a shit job. I'm liking the look of a grout pen due to its ticking of my quick fix and laziness boxes.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 18:50 - Sep 14 with 1587 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 18:48 - Sep 14 by FredManRave

Interesting cos I recently (unwisely) decided to use this mother f;

It might make you feel like Action Man but it really does do a shit job. I'm liking the look of a grout pen due to its ticking of my quick fix and laziness boxes.

I tried using one of them once...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 18:57 - Sep 14 with 1585 viewsted_hendrix

Open a tin of beans and then deposit the beans into the approved sized pot ready for cooking, then look inside the bean can and I can guarantee you that there will be one solitary bean that refuses to come out of the can, It's no good banging the bean can on the worktop to dislodge the solitary bean, the cnt wont move unless you get a spoon to 'hook' the bastard out, the problem with removing the solitary bean with a spoon is I always manage to get cold and sticky bean juice all over my thumb and first finger making me look like I've been assaulted by a piranha or similar viscous fish thing.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 19:05 - Sep 14 with 1576 viewsPunteR

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 18:57 - Sep 14 by ted_hendrix

Open a tin of beans and then deposit the beans into the approved sized pot ready for cooking, then look inside the bean can and I can guarantee you that there will be one solitary bean that refuses to come out of the can, It's no good banging the bean can on the worktop to dislodge the solitary bean, the cnt wont move unless you get a spoon to 'hook' the bastard out, the problem with removing the solitary bean with a spoon is I always manage to get cold and sticky bean juice all over my thumb and first finger making me look like I've been assaulted by a piranha or similar viscous fish thing.

Stick the can under the tap and fill it with water. The bean will dislodged and float to the top of the can enabling you to "fish" it out with your spoon without getting tomato sauce all over your fingers.
I should have posted this on FredmanRaveR top tops thread ..

i havnt actually tried it and basically just made it up just then, but i think it will work.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2016 19:24]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 21:48 - Sep 14 with 1532 viewsBrianMcCarthy

'Life of Brian' on cable at the moment. Favourite comedy ever. Classic line after classic line.

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 22:03 - Sep 14 with 1522 viewswestberksr

when i'm miserable I find cooking theraputic; tonight I made fish pie.

It was ok, didn't really have enough mash for a suitable depth topping to get a higher mark; some way off of superb.

should be nicer tomorrow when it's had time to do whatever the fukk food does that means it tastes nicer the day after.
The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 22:07 - Sep 14 with 1517 viewsLongsufferingR

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 12:23 - Sep 14 by DaBurgh

The suction pad bracket that holds my shower head occasionally comes off the wall, dropping the shower head and aforementioned bracket into the shower tray. Often it does this in the middle of the night, scaring the beejeeezus out of me. If I wasn't such a lazy fukcer I would replace it with a fixed bracket.

To keep your laziness intact and at the same time preserving your full night's sleep, simply place a pillow underneath the bracket and shower head. The only sound will be a muffled "pooof" which shouldn't be enough to wake you, and you can simply reattach in the morning.
Login to get fewer ads

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 22:12 - Sep 14 with 1514 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 22:07 - Sep 14 by LongsufferingR

To keep your laziness intact and at the same time preserving your full night's sleep, simply place a pillow underneath the bracket and shower head. The only sound will be a muffled "pooof" which shouldn't be enough to wake you, and you can simply reattach in the morning.

'Muffled Pooof'

I think they prefer 'restrained homosexual' you Neanderthal

: )
The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 22:13 - Sep 14 with 1513 viewsHantsR

Julia Bradbury looked good in a wetsuit today at Studland Beach.

There was a beautiful moon over LR yesterday - a balmy sweltering evening.

I was dreading what tactless thing Mrs Hants would say when I got home rather tired and deflated, especially after my tedious journey home (M3 closed again) - but she simply asked me if I'd like some ice cream and meringues she'd made? Somehow it was perfect.
The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 22:21 - Sep 14 with 1500 viewsted_hendrix

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 19:05 - Sep 14 by PunteR

Stick the can under the tap and fill it with water. The bean will dislodged and float to the top of the can enabling you to "fish" it out with your spoon without getting tomato sauce all over your fingers.
I should have posted this on FredmanRaveR top tops thread ..

i havnt actually tried it and basically just made it up just then, but i think it will work.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2016 19:24]

Well I tried that method at exactly 21.38 this evening only to discover that beans do not float, or in this case a solitary bean wont float.
I might e-mail Mr Heinz and his technical department for advice.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 22:24 - Sep 14 with 1492 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 22:21 - Sep 14 by ted_hendrix

Well I tried that method at exactly 21.38 this evening only to discover that beans do not float, or in this case a solitary bean wont float.

This bean could have played the lead in The Revenant.
The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 22:28 - Sep 14 with 1487 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Imagine the strength of character, the persistence and the utter, beautiful stubbornness it took even to get to the Paralympics. And then to do something as uplifting as this...

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 22:32 - Sep 14 with 1484 viewskarl

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 11:42 - Sep 14 by TacticalR

Dunsyre Blue, yes or no?

New cheese alert after child's E.coli death
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-37327742

Prof Sir Hugh Pennington, a world authority on the bug blamed for the outbreak, E coli O157, said the information issued by Food Standards Scotland (FSS) on its investigation had been “a mess”, and had failed to answer basis questions about the case.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/12/scottish-food-standards-agency-cri

I met Humphrey Errington at a food fair we were both exhibiting at 10-15 years ago and had a long chat about his cheese and the fact it was unpasteurised, he had a lot of trouble getting approval to produce and go to market, i've a a young family member who caught E coli 0157 at the family farm and he is lucky to be alive so i'm aware the menace there is here.
I grew up drinking unpasteurised cows milk everyday until i left the Isle of Man at 24 but unfortunately the 0157 strain is fairly 'new' so wasnt an issue in those days it was really tuberculosis you had to watch out for (a farmhand on the same farm mentioned above caught it and it knocked him sideways for a lot of years, that and the 20 tins per day of McEwans Export that is).
Anyhow my ramble was that i've had a business ruined by a food scare perpetuated by the same Scottish FSA he is having trouble with now and i won't believe anything they say since they allow big business to flood the supermarkets with chicken covered in deadly campylobacter.
My business was scallop processing and they gauged that naturally occurring plankton ingested by the scallops could cause respiratory arrest in consumers, they proved this by feeding scallops to laboratory mice and depending how long it took the mice to die was how they determined the safe level, Unbelieveable since there has been only a handful of people worldwide diagnosed as dying from this and they were all by anecdotal evidence.
Our entire industry was more or less shut down and lo and behold, as modern society seems to demand, there were dozens more people employed collecting samples and carrying out testing while we tried to limp on buying in Scottish raw materials and using our own stock during small random windows of low readings, it was too much in the end but 5 years after we shut down it comes out in Private Eye that it transpires it was the chemical binder they were using to make the 'clinical' solution to feed to the mice that was killing them and not the scallops!
Apologies? F**k all, so good luck Humphrey
https://www.pressreader.com/uk/scottish-daily-mail/20160903/282205125325662
The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 22:44 - Sep 14 with 1474 viewsLadbrokeR

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 11:26 - Sep 14 by Jeff

FFS, it's Called 'Hellim', not Haloumi.

Can't even come onto a Football forum in the middle of a meltdown without some ill informed oik incorrectly pronouncing the name of the wife's country's cheese.

Jimmy out etc.

Isn't Halloumi Greek and Hellim Turkish?
The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 22:51 - Sep 14 with 1339 viewsPunteR

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 22:21 - Sep 14 by ted_hendrix

On the plus side,at least you've already washed the can out ready for the recycle bin.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 22:55 - Sep 14 with 1333 viewsDannytheR

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 18:35 - Sep 14 by Boston

Ta, that's useful. I thought they were too good to be true. It's basically Tippex, I think.
The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 23:48 - Sep 14 with 1295 viewsFredManRave

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 22:28 - Sep 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Imagine the strength of character, the persistence and the utter, beautiful stubbornness it took even to get to the Paralympics. And then to do something as uplifting as this...

Similar in principal to your post Brian is the amazing fact that the first four runners to cross the line in the final of the 1500metres T13 class (impaired vision but still legally blind) finished in a quicker time than the winner of the Gold medal at the Olympic games just one month previous.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2016 23:49]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 23:55 - Sep 14 with 1288 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 23:48 - Sep 14 by FredManRave

Similar in principal to your post Brian is the amazing fact that the first four runners to cross the line in the final of the 1500metres T13 class (impaired vision but still legally blind) finished in a quicker time than the winner of the Gold medal at the Olympic games just one month previous.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2016 23:49]

Excellent. No reason why visually-impaired athletes shouldn't be quicker of course. Until you consider that they would have to overcome negativity, well-meaning dampening of their expectations and - presumably - inferior training conditions.

Fair fuggs to them.

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 13:23 - Sep 15 with 1210 viewsR_from_afar

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 22:28 - Sep 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Puts everything into perspective, thanks for that. There are around 39m blind people in the world. Count your blessings.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 09:45 - Sep 24 with 1128 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 11:56 - Sep 14 by DWQPR

Brian, may I suggest an improvement on your choice of breakfast. Rather than frozen waffles, buy the Warburton Thins and split one and toast it. Wilt a good handful of spinach, (can be done in one minute in a microwave), place on the toasted pieces and place some smoked salmon on top of the spinach. And then place your poached eggs on top. You then have a very tasty and nutritious breakfast full of iron, good fish oils and protein. I swear by it.

DW,

I savoured your brekkie this morning. had to substitute a local alternative for the Warburton thins but the mix with spinach, salmon and eggs was damn nice. All washed down with iced water and highlights of the Red Sox winning again.

Thanks DW.

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 10:09 - Sep 24 with 1112 viewsdistortR

The Anything Other Than Last Night Thread on 22:03 - Sep 14 by westberksr

when i'm miserable I find cooking theraputic; tonight I made fish pie.

It was ok, didn't really have enough mash for a suitable depth topping to get a higher mark; some way off of superb.

should be nicer tomorrow when it's had time to do whatever the fukk food does that means it tastes nicer the day after.

goes through your abdominal tract? That's a sad indictment of your cooking, westberks
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024