Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? 08:32 - Nov 14 with 7135 viewsPhil

Really?
Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 17:22 - Nov 14 with 2909 viewsDaley_Lama

If the main stand holds 1,700 does this exclude the directors, press box, DJ, players, players relatives, scouts, opposition staff etc?

As a TDS'er I'm not a fan of the main stand, always feels colder and less leg room, but that might be psychological as I pine for the TDS during Checkatrade games.

Can't decide whether to go for

19:00 - ensure get a good seat high up with a semi decent view
19:40 - hope that the stand is full and that the TDS is opened
19:40 - find that the stand is full but Sandy opened, therefore go and sit with away fans.
19:40 - find that the stand is full but Sandy opened, go home and watch the England game.

Poll: DF in or out

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 17:55 - Nov 14 with 2852 viewsTVOS1907

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 17:02 - Nov 14 by Phil

Sorry TVOS, no disrespect meant, I can appreciate the tight deadline.

Not sure about "no financial sense whatsoever", does this mean any game likely to have only 2000 people in attendance should get a reduced programme!?

I still think we're missing a trick on £10 entry and inviting chaos just before kick-off. Also, if people pay £15 to get into the main stand, and then get moved into Sandy Lane (standing) are they going to get a partial refund?

No, it means the cost in producing a full programme wouldn't be covered by a sub-2000 crowd, which is what we'll get. Forecasting similar crowds for league games isn't as easy.

There is also the time factor, as already, mentioned.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2016 18:02]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 18:18 - Nov 14 with 2782 viewsR17ALE

I think from memory the exact capacity of the Main Stand is 2,022. But this includes the boxes, press area and Directors Box areas. Strip all that away and I think the capacity is 1852.

Numbers might have changed since the stand opened, but those figures were once correct!

Either way it'll be enough. Just.

Lama - come in at 19.41 - you'll still be ok!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 18:18 - Nov 14 with 2782 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 12:49 - Nov 14 by TVOS1907

We played twice former European champions Nottingham Forest after beating Aldershot.

It also wasn't the first of three home games in a week.

They won the Simod Cup twice tbf, he was probably thinking of that.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 11:34 - Nov 15 with 2503 viewsaleanddale

Come on the Dale tonight!!

Supporters make some noise!!!!
Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 18:14 - Nov 15 with 2274 viewsRAFC_1990

Am I right in thinking the reserved seats do not count for tonights fixture?

Hoping to get there earlyish and get a nice spot.

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 18:19 - Nov 15 with 2258 viewsisitme

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 18:14 - Nov 15 by RAFC_1990

Am I right in thinking the reserved seats do not count for tonights fixture?

Hoping to get there earlyish and get a nice spot.

Reserved seats are for season ticket holders. Cup games are not covered by season tickets.
Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 18:47 - Nov 15 with 2199 viewsRAFC_1990

So Im right then, thanks for clearing that up

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Login to get fewer ads

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 20:34 - Nov 15 with 1996 viewsdeeplishblue

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 18:47 - Nov 15 by RAFC_1990

So Im right then, thanks for clearing that up

Well the match kicked off with the Sandy closed and the world didn't come to an end.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 20:42 - Nov 15 with 1952 viewsDaley_Lama

Aye, and i must admit to rather liking having a padded seat, even if the leg room is like a budget airline

Poll: DF in or out

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 21:43 - Nov 15 with 1802 viewsLS27Rdale

Another pointless thread.

1300 there. 124 or so away fans....

As said in a previous thread.

"Have a day off"
Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 22:06 - Nov 15 with 1705 views442Dale

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 21:43 - Nov 15 by LS27Rdale

"Have a day off"

Good that other threads possibly led to the u11 prices changing though.

£5 for Chesterfield?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 23:47 - Nov 15 with 1546 viewsPhil

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 21:43 - Nov 15 by LS27Rdale

"Have a day off"

Well that's me shot down.

I'm really glad there were so few people there, just so you got the opportunity.

Signing off.
Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 00:08 - Nov 16 with 1509 viewsSandyman

Zip all atmosphere or support or singing in a fullish main stand last night. The most quiet stand in the COA lived up to its reputation.
Need to open up at least one stand behind a goal to get something resembling vocal support going on.
Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 08:15 - Nov 16 with 1337 viewsKenBoon

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 00:08 - Nov 16 by Sandyman

Zip all atmosphere or support or singing in a fullish main stand last night. The most quiet stand in the COA lived up to its reputation.
Need to open up at least one stand behind a goal to get something resembling vocal support going on.

I didn't go last night but I agree with the line of thought that only opening up the Main Stand devalues the FA Cup to the locals, something in the long run that'll harm us. I get closing the Sandy Lane because it's shit, but the Pearl St. should have been open. This sends out the message that the FA Cup is just like the Football League Trophy, which it clearly isn't.
Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 10:04 - Nov 16 with 1144 views49thseason

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 22:06 - Nov 15 by 442Dale

Good that other threads possibly led to the u11 prices changing though.

£5 for Chesterfield?

£5 for Chesterfield?
I think they might accept your offer providing you take on the £9m debt!
Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 11:13 - Nov 16 with 1058 viewsDaleView

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 13:12 - Nov 14 by D_Alien

I reckon our gate will be a far higher percentage of our average gate than was the case for very many FL teams when the 1st round ties were played the previous weekend. We won't be treating it as a second-rate game. Close on 2000 fans in the main stand will create more of an atmosphere than they would scattered around the ground, in addition to keeping costs down. Plus, there will be contingency plans should more than the main stand capacity turn up, as TVOS has already noted.

[Post edited 14 Nov 2016 13:14]

12 Replays last night.
9 of them attracted less than 2000 fans each.
Was it the TV or is it apathy?
Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 11:37 - Nov 16 with 1013 viewsaleanddale

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 11:13 - Nov 16 by DaleView

12 Replays last night.
9 of them attracted less than 2000 fans each.
Was it the TV or is it apathy?

It cannot be apathy.

If we made it to round 3 and drew a big boy Spotland would sell out.

Combination of factors including 3 home games in 8 Days - England free on TV and an expensive Christmas just around the corner.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024