Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn 02:44 - Jun 9 with 12373 viewsDaiHo0p

Yes etc
Corbyn on 13:41 - Jun 12 with 2015 viewsTacticalR

'And there came from the same country a prophet, whose name was Jeremy. His beard was as the pelt of beasts, and his raiments were not of the finest. And he cried aloud in the wilderness and said, Behold, I bring you hope.

And suddenly there was with him a host of young people. And he said unto them, Ye shall study and grow wise in all things, and I shall not ask ye for gold. And the sick shall be made well, and they also will heal freely. And he promised unto them all manner of goodly things.

And the young people said unto him, How shall these things be rendered, seeing that thou hast no money in thy purse?'

The Book of Jeremy Corbyn
http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/the-book-of-jeremy-corbyn

Air hostess clique

Corbyn on 19:17 - Jun 12 with 1927 viewsQPR_John

Corbyn on 15:48 - Jun 9 by kensalriser

A weak coalition of chaos with a set of mediaeval terrorist sympathisers as kingmakers.

Strong and stable my arse!

Do you seriously think had Sinn Féin taken up their seats Corbyn would not have tried to do a deal
Corbyn on 19:32 - Jun 12 with 1904 viewsjohncharles

Corbyn on 19:17 - Jun 12 by QPR_John

Do you seriously think had Sinn Féin taken up their seats Corbyn would not have tried to do a deal

But Sinn Fein are not taking up their seats, no intention of doing so,so it's just another hypothetical question to deflect for the question at hand. How do feel about a bigoted religious group pulling the strings at the Brexit negotiations. What will May promise them to hang onto her job ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Corbyn on 19:44 - Jun 12 with 1882 viewsQPR_John

Corbyn on 19:32 - Jun 12 by johncharles

But Sinn Fein are not taking up their seats, no intention of doing so,so it's just another hypothetical question to deflect for the question at hand. How do feel about a bigoted religious group pulling the strings at the Brexit negotiations. What will May promise them to hang onto her job ?

All I am saying is that one is just as bad as the other in making alliances to stay in or get into power.

Pre election
Right: Corbyn talks to terroist
Left: No it is Sinn Fein who are a democratically elected party

Post election
Left: May talks to terroists
Right: No is is the DUP who are a democratically elected party
Corbyn on 19:55 - Jun 12 with 1863 viewsCiderwithRsie

A thing that strikes me: 25 years Kinnock went to Sheffield Arena and worked the crowd - "we're alright!" and got panned for it.

Ol' Jezza goes to Tranmere Rovers and has a crowd singing "Oh Jeremy Corbyn" and its a sign of a brilliant campaign.

OK, a couple of differences: Sheffield was a party rally of selected workers, Tranmere was just ordinary supporters; Kinnock was loving it whereas Corbyn looked a bit surprised at first, then modestly pleased.

But the big thing is that most people only knew about Sheffield because of a clip in the news (out of context - not necessarily due to bias, just time constraints) and the papers the next day writing it up as "arrogant victory rally." The Tranmere thing was on youtube, you could see the thing for yourself.
Corbyn on 20:25 - Jun 12 with 1840 viewsDannytheR

Corbyn on 19:44 - Jun 12 by QPR_John

All I am saying is that one is just as bad as the other in making alliances to stay in or get into power.

Pre election

Post election

Except Corbyn didn't talk to Sinn Fein to stay in or get into power. Only May has done that.
Corbyn on 20:28 - Jun 12 with 1836 viewsQPR_John

Corbyn on 20:25 - Jun 12 by DannytheR

Except Corbyn didn't talk to Sinn Fein to stay in or get into power. Only May has done that.

Pointless to do so as they do not take up their seats and May has not yet spoken to Sinn Fein as far as I know
[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 20:29]
Corbyn on 20:30 - Jun 12 with 1831 viewsjohncharles

Corbyn on 19:44 - Jun 12 by QPR_John

Pre election

Post election

So that makes it alright ? A hypothetical alliance between Labour and Sinn Fein,except it's not ever going to happen because SF won't take their seats justifies bringing in the DUP. May will give them anything they ask for because she can't survive without them.

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn on 20:34 - Jun 12 with 1827 viewsDannytheR

Corbyn on 20:28 - Jun 12 by QPR_John

Pointless to do so as they do not take up their seats and May has not yet spoken to Sinn Fein as far as I know
[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 20:29]

Yes, but that's not the point. The point is what you said is factually wrong.
Corbyn on 20:35 - Jun 12 with 1825 viewsQPR_John

Corbyn on 20:30 - Jun 12 by johncharles

So that makes it alright ? A hypothetical alliance between Labour and Sinn Fein,except it's not ever going to happen because SF won't take their seats justifies bringing in the DUP. May will give them anything they ask for because she can't survive without them.

Did I once say it was right. The problem is the right look for a fight with th left and the left look for a fight with the right. So your base position is to attack
Corbyn on 20:36 - Jun 12 with 1822 viewsQPR_John

Corbyn on 20:34 - Jun 12 by DannytheR

Yes, but that's not the point. The point is what you said is factually wrong.

What did I say that is factually wrong
Corbyn on 20:46 - Jun 12 with 1798 viewsDannytheR

Corbyn on 20:36 - Jun 12 by QPR_John

What did I say that is factually wrong

"All I am saying is that one is just as bad as the other in making alliances to stay in or get into power."

Even Corbyn's harshest critics haven't claimed he was meeting Sinn Fein as a way of "staying in or getting into power." It's only Theresa May that's doing that with the DUP.

Whatever anyone thinks of the people or groups involved, a backbench MP having a meeting with one group is not the same situation as a Prime Minister bringing another group into government to pass legislation and keep her in power.
Corbyn on 20:49 - Jun 12 with 1790 viewsQPR_John

Corbyn on 20:46 - Jun 12 by DannytheR

"All I am saying is that one is just as bad as the other in making alliances to stay in or get into power."

Even Corbyn's harshest critics haven't claimed he was meeting Sinn Fein as a way of "staying in or getting into power." It's only Theresa May that's doing that with the DUP.

Whatever anyone thinks of the people or groups involved, a backbench MP having a meeting with one group is not the same situation as a Prime Minister bringing another group into government to pass legislation and keep her in power.

So Corbyn would never do a deal to get in power. OK I believe you. I don't understand your point about him being a back bench MP as far as I am aware he is the leader of the Labour party
[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 20:54]
Corbyn on 20:55 - Jun 12 with 1776 viewsDannytheR

Corbyn on 20:49 - Jun 12 by QPR_John

So Corbyn would never do a deal to get in power. OK I believe you. I don't understand your point about him being a back bench MP as far as I am aware he is the leader of the Labour party

Again, we're going in circles because you won't or can't address the actual issue.

The situation with May and the DUP is real, not hypothetical, and is happening now - a British Prime Minister staying in power only with the support of a party with paramilitary connections.

If the only opinion you can offer on that is to say that in a hypothetical situation a person who is not the British Prime Minister would do the same, it is, as you say, a pointless conversation. And my mistake for hoping it could be anything else.

PS I just saw your edited reply. OK - Corbyn met Sinn Fein when he was a backbench MP. Theresa May is meeting with the DUP as Prime Minister. Now.

I'm trying to be less aggro in these conversations, but my God, you make my brain hurt.

Let's leave it here.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 20:58]
Corbyn on 21:00 - Jun 12 with 1764 viewsQPR_John

Corbyn on 20:55 - Jun 12 by DannytheR

Again, we're going in circles because you won't or can't address the actual issue.

The situation with May and the DUP is real, not hypothetical, and is happening now - a British Prime Minister staying in power only with the support of a party with paramilitary connections.

If the only opinion you can offer on that is to say that in a hypothetical situation a person who is not the British Prime Minister would do the same, it is, as you say, a pointless conversation. And my mistake for hoping it could be anything else.

PS I just saw your edited reply. OK - Corbyn met Sinn Fein when he was a backbench MP. Theresa May is meeting with the DUP as Prime Minister. Now.

I'm trying to be less aggro in these conversations, but my God, you make my brain hurt.

Let's leave it here.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 20:58]

You see personal attacks you really cannot help it You misunderstood my original post I believe you realised it but cannot bring yourself to admit it but as you say we'll leave it there unless you want the last word
Corbyn on 21:03 - Jun 12 with 1756 viewsdanehoop

Corbyn on 20:49 - Jun 12 by QPR_John

But at the time of discussing with Sinn Fein was over 20 years when he was a back bench MP with a reputation for campaigning on causes of perceived injustice. That was being thrown out more than 20 years later, when nothing has happened in the intervening period during the election campaign or since Corbyn became labour party leader to suggest he we was in discussions with them on anything at all. It was a thing that was solely born out of the Tory election campaign attempts to deflect from what was proving to be a mess of a campaign.

The irony is of course that having thrown out the line about aligning with supposed Irish extremists, the PM is now actually having to do just that.

Pretty simple really, one was an attempted smear campaign that had little basis in fact, the other is an actual thing that is happening now in reality.

Never knowingly understood

Corbyn on 21:03 - Jun 12 with 1756 viewsFredManRave

Say what you like about Corbyn but there's not a worse high fiver in political history and that is a fact.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Corbyn on 21:05 - Jun 12 with 1754 viewsDannytheR

Corbyn on 21:00 - Jun 12 by QPR_John

You see personal attacks you really cannot help it You misunderstood my original post I believe you realised it but cannot bring yourself to admit it but as you say we'll leave it there unless you want the last word

Fine, I'm sure it's my fault. And I'm sure I misunderstood your original post too.

Happy to concede you're a much more perceptive bloke than me, and I've been taught a lesson.
Corbyn on 21:19 - Jun 12 with 1719 viewsQPR_John

Corbyn on 21:03 - Jun 12 by danehoop

But at the time of discussing with Sinn Fein was over 20 years when he was a back bench MP with a reputation for campaigning on causes of perceived injustice. That was being thrown out more than 20 years later, when nothing has happened in the intervening period during the election campaign or since Corbyn became labour party leader to suggest he we was in discussions with them on anything at all. It was a thing that was solely born out of the Tory election campaign attempts to deflect from what was proving to be a mess of a campaign.

The irony is of course that having thrown out the line about aligning with supposed Irish extremists, the PM is now actually having to do just that.

Pretty simple really, one was an attempted smear campaign that had little basis in fact, the other is an actual thing that is happening now in reality.

I never once said Corbyn as leader of the Labour Party spoke to Sinn Fein where did that come from. All I said is that all politicians are capable of talking to whoever if it means keeping or getting into power and I believe given the opportunity after this election and not 20 years ago Corbyn would have spoken to whoever could have got him into power. You all seem to be saying Corbyn is not like that so I am happy to accept it
[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 21:26]
Corbyn on 21:33 - Jun 12 with 1678 viewsQPR_Jim

Corbyn on 21:19 - Jun 12 by QPR_John

I never once said Corbyn as leader of the Labour Party spoke to Sinn Fein where did that come from. All I said is that all politicians are capable of talking to whoever if it means keeping or getting into power and I believe given the opportunity after this election and not 20 years ago Corbyn would have spoken to whoever could have got him into power. You all seem to be saying Corbyn is not like that so I am happy to accept it
[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 21:26]

"given the opportunity after this election and not 20 years ago Corbyn would have spoken to whoever could have got him into power."

Hypothetical situation for a start, but why because he spoke to them 20 years ago, in an attempt to broker peace, would he be likely to speak to them again to gain power?

Part of the Tory campaign 2 years ago they were convinced Labour would talk to SNP if they needed to secure a majority, they used it to scare undecided voters to go tory, now because it suits the torys it's Sinn Fein that Labour would do a deal with because they've aligned themselves with a party that's worse than the SNP so they need people to believe Labour would be just as bad.

P.S Sorry for jumping straight in to the debate.
Corbyn on 22:13 - Jun 12 with 1620 viewsQPR_John

Corbyn on 21:33 - Jun 12 by QPR_Jim

"given the opportunity after this election and not 20 years ago Corbyn would have spoken to whoever could have got him into power."

Hypothetical situation for a start, but why because he spoke to them 20 years ago, in an attempt to broker peace, would he be likely to speak to them again to gain power?

Part of the Tory campaign 2 years ago they were convinced Labour would talk to SNP if they needed to secure a majority, they used it to scare undecided voters to go tory, now because it suits the torys it's Sinn Fein that Labour would do a deal with because they've aligned themselves with a party that's worse than the SNP so they need people to believe Labour would be just as bad.

P.S Sorry for jumping straight in to the debate.

So Labour will now not talk with the SNP. Corbyn did say he wanted to form a government so who with
Corbyn on 22:28 - Jun 12 with 1600 viewsQPR_Jim

Corbyn on 22:13 - Jun 12 by QPR_John

So Labour will now not talk with the SNP. Corbyn did say he wanted to form a government so who with

Where did I say they wouldn't talk to the SNP?

I'm saying that the tory spin machine realise that coming out and saying that Labour would do a deal with the SNP for power (like they did 2 years ago) isn't as unpopular as the DUP, so now they are trying to link Labour with Sinn Fein as it's perceived as worse than the SNP and helps them to justify their deal with the DUP. In reality if Labour had the same number of seats as the cons, they would be talking to SNP or Lib Dems and wouldn't go anywhere near Sinn Fein. But don't let that get in the way of your hypothetical situation to justify your partys decision.
Corbyn on 23:53 - Jun 12 with 1552 viewsTacticalR

Watch out for DUP SPADs

RHI scandal: Bell claims DUP advisers 'interfered in closure'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-northern-ireland-38336521/rhi-scandal-bell-claim

Air hostess clique

Corbyn on 00:04 - Jun 13 with 1536 viewsjohncharles

Corbyn on 23:53 - Jun 12 by TacticalR

Watch out for DUP SPADs

RHI scandal: Bell claims DUP advisers 'interfered in closure'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-northern-ireland-38336521/rhi-scandal-bell-claim

It's generally agreed that the DUP will ask for more money for NI. £400 million to make this scandal go away for a start.

Corbyn on 08:46 - Jun 13 with 1432 viewsderbyhoop

The parliamentary maths goes
Torres 318 + Northern Irish fruit cakes 10 = 328
Labour + others, excl Sinn Fein = 317

Providing May can strike a deal with the DUP she gets all her non contentious plans through.
The fun and games is likely to come over the Irish border and how it is dealt with in the negotiations. If they ever get started.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024