Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Refwatch: Dale v Bromley 10:00 - Nov 2 with 7628 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/46860/refwatch-dale-v-broml

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 10:44 - Nov 6 with 1159 viewsRAFCBLUE

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 10:03 - Nov 6 by TVOS1907

Your third sentence to me is where your argument partly fell down, as it was the fact is was OUR game rather than just A game that seemed to be the issue.

As I said at the time, it was probably because of the geographical and pyramid distance between the clubs that made it quite a sensible appointment.

And as far as I'm aware, trialling these officials only happens in round one, so this debate is unlikely to surface again.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2017 10:05]

My argument is unlike match officials I'm afraid - I am biased.

You can trial these initiatives for me in any game that might not have a detrimental effect to RAFC. If we had been allocated a league ref I would not have posted.

I do though think it's very hypocritical that the appointing secretaries don't want to trial further into the competition.

Either you believe that's the methodology or you don't.

Why could a non-league ref not do a 2nd or 3rd round game if you believe they are good enough for Round 1?

There are certainly a lot of non-league and lower league refs who would benefit from getting a Premier League game/ground in Round 3 or 4, but as we covered, that isn't allowed to happen by the bigger club.

I'm just pleased that we are through without incident, hope the draw tonight is kind as well as having no more non-league officials for a competitive game at Spotland for a very long time!
[Post edited 6 Nov 2017 10:52]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 10:52 - Nov 6 with 1144 viewsD_Alien

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 10:44 - Nov 6 by RAFCBLUE

You can trial these initiatives for me in any game that might not have a detrimental effect to RAFC. If we had been allocated a league ref I would not have posted.

I do though think it's very hypocritical that the appointing secretaries don't want to trial further into the competition.

Why could a non-league ref not do a 2nd or 3rd round game if you believe they are good enough for Round 1?

There are certainly a lot of non-league and lower league refs who would benefit from getting a Premier League game/ground in Round 3 or 4, but as we covered, that isn't allowed to happen by the bigger club.

I'm just pleased that we are through without incident, hope the draw tonight is kind as well as having no more non-league officials for a competitive game at Spotland for a very long time!

It's surely more sensible to introduce rookie refs to bigger games and grounds on a gradual basis? That's what happens in pretty much every walk of life (to avoid dire straights)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 12:47 - Nov 6 with 1071 viewsTVOS1907

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 10:44 - Nov 6 by RAFCBLUE

Isn’t being happy with the trials as long as they aren’t at Dale games equally hypocritical?

Regarding your other points, it’s fairly obvious why the referees aren’t trialled in later rounds. It would be like promoting a National League side directly to the Premier League!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 13:09 - Nov 6 with 1051 viewsrochdaleriddler

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 21:03 - Nov 5 by TVOS1907

Surely everyone is 'offering a view'. Whether you agree with those views or not is your prerogative, just like it is the prerogative of this mythical gang to agree or disagree with yours.

Why do people always refer to 'gangs' or 'cliques' when people disagree with them? If you're going to post on a forum, you're running the risk of such a thing happening.

People?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 15:12 - Nov 6 with 1000 viewsTVOS1907

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 13:09 - Nov 6 by rochdaleriddler

People?

Aye

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 16:41 - Nov 6 with 942 viewsShun

I don't think we've ever had a three-page thread on a referee before. Especially not with the majority of the posts coming before the match takes place!
Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 18:32 - Nov 6 with 907 viewsnordenblue

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 16:41 - Nov 6 by Shun

I don't think we've ever had a three-page thread on a referee before. Especially not with the majority of the posts coming before the match takes place!

Even more so considering he was possibly one of the more decent refs this season.....not bad for a man who's not ready that level of football....... or constructively put was "shit"
Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 18:51 - Nov 6 with 876 viewsrochdaleriddler

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 18:32 - Nov 6 by nordenblue

Even more so considering he was possibly one of the more decent refs this season.....not bad for a man who's not ready that level of football....... or constructively put was "shit"

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024